pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lost8ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Thanks for posting that. I was actually thinking about buying a WOZ. After this video though...not anymore.

I wouldn't put too much stock in this video. Dude had a bad experience and posted a revenge video - your lesson is to not piss him off or you will get a video made about you.

I'm not going to say I'm smarter than him, but I am much more patient. I've waited for Stern to send me multiple boards to fix problems and had a NIB machine down for 3 months.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from reviewzonehd:

For so many people calling me a "newbie" and an "idiot"

I wouldn't call you a newb or an idiot. However, you did post a revenge video and warned people not to buy the Hobbit. Your experiences absolutely contradict my experiences with any pinball company. Both JJP and Stern put out good products and have excellent tech support. Things aren't always perfect right away, but they eventually make it right.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

If the President of Ford Motor co. called me on my phone, and proceeded to berate, and accuse me of causing some problem on my new 2015 Ford Van, that won't start in my driveway,
and told me that I had to pay the labor to fix it, I would scream from the highest mountain to anyone who could hear, never buy any Ford vehicle.!

Two different business models. Pin prices would have to go up quite a bit or the sales numbers would have to go up ten fold in order to support what you want.

#175 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

He posted a level headed, honest opinion of his experience with the game and company. How the heck is that a revenge video. This is like saying all positive reviews are just price pumping. Potential buyers can make there own decisions based on seeing the positive and negative reviews available. If this was a real exception then that should show up when someone does their homework before spending $9k.

Well, I disagree with you on this. The Video Poster did say "...the honest to goodness truth is had Jack not been so nasty to me on the phone this video would not exist...".

Yeah, that's revenge. AM I WRONG?

Post edited by lost8ball: It wasn't the OP that said that this it was the person who made the video

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

If the attitude by Jack and, in this thread, Pinchroma, were to the effect of, "we really hate you have this problem let's do what we can to make it better" everyone here would be applauding.

This is the correct answer. However, I do know from experience it is tough to bite your tongue when you get criticism you feel you don't deserve.

#225 9 years ago

In the video you said "...I'm a very easy person to get along with...".

it saddens me you live in the same state as me. Don't expect any house party invites from me, thats for sure.

#236 9 years ago

found out the warranty sucks and that i couldn't get an extended warranty..

I really don't want to bad mouth or berate you at all. You've had a bad experience and want to vent about it - I get that.

However, there is NO pinball company out there with a different warranty program. If the reason you wouldn't buy another pinball from JJP is the warranty, you may not want to buy ANY new pinball machines.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Yes, we will have to disagree on this one.

You said you were disputing my use of the term revenge video. If that's the case, I was pointing out to you that the video poster said he was making this video because of the way he was treated. That's the definition of revenge.

Might need to find a lawyer to figure this out - where the hell is Robt?

#295 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is complete and utter nonsense.
This was a brand new pin, just pulled out of the box, and it didn't work.
Where does this nonsense come from that any labor required to fix the pin wouldn't be covered? I don't care what the warranty says...there are consumer protection laws that are in play here. You ship a defective product, you will either pay to fix it (including labor) or you will refund the customers money.
If JJP's warranty says that labor is never covered, even from day 1, it's pretty ridiculous.

Haha - Why are you even arguing? Do you just like to argue?

The warranties are the same - they only include repair or replace parts that are returned. Now, they have provided labor in instances, but that isn't what the warranty says.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

If you read above he was responding to a statement that no manufacturing company pays for Labor which is a false statement.

I believe when he said "No manufacturing company pays for Labor..." he was referring to the warranties. Otherwise, Metallik was contradicting himself with the next sentence...

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not a contradiction. He was making it sound like JJP would do it out of the kindness of their heart even though they didn't have to. That's not correct.

Hey, you do like to argue.

Do you think that both Stern and JJP have ridiculous warranties then?

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

Where did the machine in the video end up, and how long did it take the new owner to fix the minor issues? Have I missed this info?

He said he returned it for a Star Trek Premium. He did that before fixing it or posting the video.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from lost8ball:

Hey, you do like to argue.
Do you think that both Stern and JJP have ridiculous warranties then?

I figured RobT was too smart to answer this.

For others - my point is that both Stern and JJP have the same warranty. If you think that JJP has a ridiculous warranty then you also think that Stern has a ridiculous warranty.

That said, they both go above and beyond to take care of their customers IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
13,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lost8ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le?tu=lost8ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.