pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

Lloyd did advertise on Pinside that he would be manning the phones on Christmas. I thought that was awesome. And I'm not sure I buy this guy jiggling wires for 5 hours. (And why does his machine look like it's working perfectly on the video???)

#33 9 years ago

Both Alex and Lloyd spent time on the phone with me in late 2013 when I was a noob to the hobby and working out the kinks in my WOZ (early run...so...you know...). At the time I was a complete idiot. Thanks to them, I'm only partially an idiot now. I credit them largely with getting me to the point now where I solder and desolder parts and am never afraid to get my hands dirty and try something new. It was Lloyd that told me that you only learn by doing it...and sometimes messing it up. I've done that plenty, but thanks to them, I now know how to get it working again.

I can't thank the JJP tech support team enough for making me feel welcome in this hobby, and I only hope when I get my first Stern NIB (hopefully later this year) that they're just as accommodating.

#71 9 years ago

You know what's great? You can get Jack on the phone.

You know what's probably tougher? Getting Gary Stern on the phone.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Based on the experience of the guy who posted the video, getting him on the phone didn't seem so "great".

We don't know how that convo went down though. The guy was probably pretty pissed by the time he got Jack on the phone. Might have rubbed Jack the wrong way, regardless of what he says about Jack starting in on him. Doesn't really sound like the Jack I've met numerous times.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

PS. Lloyd your not too bad either

Dude...Lloyd's the WORST. Guy's got a cheese pump and he keeps it way the hell away from me in Minnesota. NOT cool. (Don't know why this emoticon looks Chinese...)

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Thanks LTG, are you posting live from your mom's basement again?

I'm really hoping LTG was posting from YOUR Mom's basement. But I know he actually has standards and wouldn't stoop so low.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Wow, that right there just sealed the deal for me.

I love people that say this stuff...as if they were ever going to get a JJP product.

#167 9 years ago

As far as I'm concerned, the OP dropped this bomb on Pinside, then just sat back to watch the sparks fly. He hasn't chimed in with anything of value since. The very definition of trolling.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

The fact you had to work tech support on Christmas says to me that JJP game still are having issues.

I had other games with issues on Christmas. That was a nitwit remark and you know it.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Completely OT, You're in livingston have you gone to Panevino? I keep hearing great things about that place.

Alex...that restaurant is a mile from my house - actually closer to me than to Jeff. There's nothing special about it that I've heard (nobody around here says "Ooh! You have to go there!"). But that being said, if you're ever up this way, dinner's on me.

#279 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Those are my two favorite things there. The orange flavored iced tea and the black squid ink seafood pasta.
Since beelzeboob is buying - I will be joining you for dinner.

You can call me Randy. It's okay. You know my first name and I make no effort to hide behind my screen name. For instance, I've figured out that your name is Jeff. Don't know how I did that.

#314 9 years ago

If I were working for a company for free and all I got was a boatload of shit, I'd probably have a pretty short fuse as well. I really don't have a problem with anything Alex says, as long as he's there for me when my machine craps out (which hasn't happened in about a year now). Shit in, shit out. If you don't like what he says, don't poke the bear.

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I were working for a company for free and all I got was a boatload of shit, I'd probably have a pretty short fuse as well. I really don't have a problem with anything Alex says, as long as he's there for me when my machine craps out (which hasn't happened in about a year now). Shit in, shit out. If you don't like what he says, don't poke the bear.

I consider it an honor that 2RustyBalls gave me thumbs-down for this. If I can get CraZ4Pin to join him, my work here is done.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

what comes out of NJ

jersey-shore-guys.jpg 14 KB

That's a coincidence, because what comes out of my ass looks a little bit like you.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

if i told u he's in his late 40s and cant drive a car would u be shocked?

He's got some anger issues. Nice to know there's a reason.

#442 9 years ago

I would love to hear the follow up as to what was wrong with the machine. Sounds like some stupid little thing was making the game act crazy.

#532 9 years ago

The more I think about this thread, the angrier I get. I've had problems with products in the past, but the last thing I do is think to myself, "Hey! I should pick up a camera and YouTube what a piece of shit this is!" Now, I get that that's what this guy does (if it's for a living, I don't know how he does it and can afford a 9k machine), but raking Jack's product over the coals because of your own personal problems was a little out of line. And I'm not sure that anybody who would actually do what this guy did was as cool and calm on the phone with Jack as he's having us believe.

As an early adopter with WOZ, I had tons of those light board issues. My game didn't play right for 3 months. I didn't give up after 5 hours - I was on the phone with tech support to the point that we were on a first-name basis and they recognized me at the factory. And eventually, they sent a tech to my house to completely overhaul my machine with new boards and a new power supply. My machine has had no problems since, and it's the machine everybody gravitates to in the house.

I feel bad for reviewzonehd. Not because of his problems with the machine, but because he's clearly impatient, and as such, lost out on owning what would have been the best machine in his collection.

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

This is just silly, how does one learn to work on a pinball machine if they don't own one? Id venture to say that the problems this guy experienced with woz 50% of this forum couldn't fix, woz is a completely new animal that you would have to own to probably start to understand how to fix it. The guy also said he has a general knowledge of minor repairs. The machine was not fixed on a 2 hour call with a technician.
The bottom line is for me, a tech could get pissy with me but not the owner of the company that I paid 9 grand to, its uncalled for and unprofessional.

But 50% of the forum CAN fix it...and the beauty of Pinside is you only need ONE person who knows what you're talking about or has had the same problems as you, and you're halfway to fixing it. I fell in love with Pinside because of all the help I've gotten on my machines - the first of which was WOZ.

#542 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

What I've learned from this thread:
Nobody who doesn't already own a pinball machine should be allowed to buy a pinball machine.

Better for us...in before the lock!

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Pointing out a stuck ball in an area that is easily correctable...harping on other small issues.

I've found stuck balls can be corrected with having your playfield set to the proper pitch. Another thing I learned on Pinside: 6.5 degrees is optimal. I wonder what his pitch was set at.

And let's be honest: He complained about the scarecrow hay-rustling noise. That's really splitting hairs.

#561 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sadly, it's just proof that the Church of JJP is still alive and well.

That's really not it at all, Rob. Where's the video slamming Stern for the AC/DC problems out of the box...particularly with the drop targets on the premium? Or the problems with the hammer on the MET LE? Anybody that's been in this hobby for a while (and I've only been in for little over a year) knows that every machine has issues. EVERY ONE. This guy didn't know that, and with such a huge viewership, his video makes it seem like WOZ is a crap product. It just isn't.

#579 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You just proved that you belong to that Church that I was talking about.
Hilarious how you bring Stern into this discussion. lol
You act as though there is no criticism of Stern, or discussion about the hammer on MET etc. You're a funny guy!

And you seem to belong to the church of Stern. I said EVERY machine has issues. Just using Stern as an example because they're the only other manufacturer that's making thousands of machines now. Don't be purposefully obtuse. You're smarter than that.

Quoted from vid1900:

If you did video reviews of $200 toys for a living, why would you not do a video review of a $9,000 toy you just bought?
You can't be surprised if someone does what they do.
-
And I know the video is gone now, but he did say "This is MY experience....."
He did not say it was YOUR experience, or anything like that.
It sucks when no one is allowed to convey THEIR experience without threats of lawsuits and attacks from fangirls....

You can call me a fangirl all you want - I've been critical of many things with JJP. God forbid anybody takes their side. And I didn't really attack the guy. I just said he was impatient.

When I have a problem, I deal with it...I don't smear the company to the whole world. Not cool.

#587 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I think his point is, there are indeed threads pointing out the failings and faults of Stern machines

Well, I don't click on them! I really like to keep things positive...sorry if that clashes with people.

#593 9 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

I guess the moral of the story is.... if you buy a $9,000 toy, be sure to buy it from a local distributor that will deliver it and set it up for you (or at least will verify that the machine is working prior to pick-up or delivery).

That's half right. (And this will stun Rob and Vid because I'm about to say something detrimental against JJP...) Mine was set up by a distro and worked fine. Then the lights crapped out. And crapped out again. And again. Didn't matter that it had been professionally set up. Also, the pitch was never checked by the installer, so I had to learn about how that can cause "floaty" games if it's too level, and I fixed that myself...along with a ton of other stuff. My machine wasn't great out of the box, but it's the machine that taught me how to fix machines...and it's the coolest game in the house now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms
Hardware
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.