pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#269 9 years ago

I appreciate the video and it along with the responses from Alex have made me question staying in on the hobbit. This guy had bad experience and I don't think it was unreasonable to not want a tech to come out after his conversation with Jack on the phone, the guy was spooked and probably figured that if this is a brand new machine that has a boatload of problems and he is being disrespected on the phone by the owner then what is gonna happen on the second call or third call?

That video did not sound like he was trying to destroy Jacks reputation, it sounded like a guy giving an honest reveiw of his experience with woz. If that makes some uncomfortable and think its not fair to Jack, well Jack can come here to give his side. I tend to side with the guy in the video and I formed that opinion because of Alex's handling of pr in this thread. Alex you are representing JJP, if you talk condescending to customers im gonna assume that Jack more than likely does also because you keep doing it and you are still employed through Jack.

Now these are just my opinions but it's definitely making me take a long hard look at pulling my money out of the hobbit. Others probably feel different about the situation but I like to look at bad reviews as much as good ones to make an educated decision.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

The problems in this video or very active and have been for a while. JJP is very aware of all these issues including the crappy lock down bar. I have submitted tickets that have never gotten answers. I had to get on the form to get JJP's tech team to respond. Do away with the submitting of tickets if you're not going to respond! When you do submit a ticket, whatever software upgrade you have, will not be an option. Which I find strange, because if they have a glitch in the software that they're aware of, they'll have no clue what software you're running before answering the tickets. Oh wait, they don't answer tickets. JJP (Jack is a great guy) I have never had him talk bad to me on the phone so I'm not going back up that part of the video. I would've created a video like this long time ago, however my patients would've shown in the video and it would have not been this professional. When you turn this machine on. Do what I do. Hold your breath, count to 10, cross your fingers and turn on the power. At this point you have a 50-50 shot. I have a buddy that has one too, with the exact same issues. We bought ours directly through JJP so no distributor to fall back on or to run to for help. In our neck of the woods pinball technicians don't exist. So sending someone out our house, I think would be very expensive. JJP's tech support team should count their blessings that we understand and know how to repair most pinball issues. However we are not board repair people. We have no warranty on our machines anymore. And I gave up submitting tickets a long time ago. I want JJP to exist as it's great for pinball. I would love to see hobbit becomes a home run. The thing that makes me the saddest about the 75th anniversary edition I would've thought by now all these problems would've been resolved. I was also disappointed and even hearing about the 75th anniversary edition after buying an LE. I figured out in pinball "especially" with the main manufacturers "LE" doesn't mean anything anymore. Will just change the color add a toy and call it a VE, AV, VD or whatever. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. (Stern your just a guilty) That will happen again. However, Lloyd can correct me. I would assume that the tickets are not being followed up on is because there's only two techs that you can reach by phone, and the same one on pinside. JJP he runs a very skeleton crew in my own opinion. So knowing that all these problems exist, times the number of machines out there. I would assume that the phones, emails, ticket submitting and pinside begging can get overwhelming or (defending). So do use say I was around we were reachable when ticket have not been answered. I still have lighting board issues and once they all go, I will have the call and spend the $1,000 to replace what should have been replaced when the machine was under warranty. Yes, they were bought up to JJP when the machine WAS under warranty but I can only take so much. Yes, Jack I still think your a great guy and I still hold LTG in high regard. JJP did do something that most say "do" but do not and that's invent something for scratch. I wish JJP the best when Hobbit comes out. Please look at theses issues that we know exist and see if you can fit them. Start with that lock down bar. I just quench when I have to pull the glass every time.

ticket2.jpg 15 KB

Ticket1.jpg 85 KB

This seems to contradict what you are saying Alex. If I buy the hobbit and something goes wrong I don't want to sit on open tickets till my warranty is up.

#512 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Exactly, some of you guys are just plain haters of JJP, with NO PROOF at all and you jump in and start chopping off heads!
Your angry because your game took to long to get made? I understand.
Your upset because your game has problems and how dare it? I still understand
Your irate because "of a mystery phone call, you haven't heard " ? Get real.

This is an open forum that Jack monitors, he could easily come and defend himself. We have to look at what we know, the guy spent 9 grand on a pinball machine, it arrived with several problems, Lloyd tried for hours to help the guy fix the machine yet a resolution wasn't found. We can guess the guy never talked to Jack or that he did, doesn't matter but what does throw up a red flag for me and makes me hesitate on my hobbit purchase is that the customer was offended enough to return the machine that was supposed to be a family Christmas gift and take it a step further takes a 1k - 2k loss on that machine. So by that reasoning I'm gonna assume he talked to Jack and Jack pissed him off enough to want the machine gone at a loss.

I'm not a hater of JJP and currently have money on one of their machines. Another red flag is the way Alex has handled it on this forum.

#524 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Pretty much insulting, no?

Id say he is justified after the way he was treated. Just my opinion.

#538 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just saw this thread. WOW, what a goat rodeo.
Seems to me like some people shuodl probably not own a pinball machine. The guy with the video does not even know the right terminology, even basic stuff and honestly should not be buying a commericial machine for his own house. I am continually amazed when anyone buys a pinball machine, let alone multiple games, and has no clue how to actually work on them. IMHO, the ability to work on them (or pay someone else to do so) is a requirement of the hobby.
The guy in the video is a knob that over pays and then pisses and moans.
I agree that it sucks when any game/large purchase does not come as expected, but I have found that most times it can easily be resolved on the back end well before needing to make a monetized video for youtube to blast the company.
EVERY pinball machine has or will have issues at some point. MHO is dont buy one unless you are willing to learn how to do basic repairs. I woudl say this is a customer that nobody needs in the long run.

This is just silly, how does one learn to work on a pinball machine if they don't own one? Id venture to say that the problems this guy experienced with woz 50% of this forum couldn't fix, woz is a completely new animal that you would have to own to probably start to understand how to fix it. The guy also said he has a general knowledge of minor repairs. The machine was not fixed on a 2 hour call with a technician.

The bottom line is for me, a tech could get pissy with me but not the owner of the company that I paid 9 grand to, its uncalled for and unprofessional.

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So what?
Just because these issues could supposedly be easily fixed, that means that he shouldn't share the fact that these issues existed out of the box?

You know the drill, negative reviews are only allowed if it pertains to stern, pps, skit-b, jpop and dp. It's in the terms of service and if caught posting a negative review expect to be threatened with a lawsuit.

The above is meant as lighthearted ribbing

#557 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Nope, haven't had my friday afternoon beer yet.

Well that explains it lol

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Yep, pretty much.
The dude did manage to get a flock of pinside sheep behind him with torches though lol.

This goes both ways

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

There are events missing in your recollection.
- How exactly did Jack find out about the game and its issues?
- What did RZ do to the game before Jack called? Remember, we have only ONE SIDE of the story here
- What did RZ say to Jack or his techs prior to any phone call?
- What did RZ say to Jack during this phone call?
You also conveniently left out the part where Jack offered to solve the problem by sending a tech to fix the game. Your recount of events is quite biased.

Yes, and RZ was a complete dick to LLoyd in a public forum for 1000s to see. As we know from Alex, current behavior is a prime indicator of past performance. I'm betting better than 90% chance RZ was a dick to Jack at some point as well. Do you disagree this might be possible?
Sometimes the customer needs to be fired. In this case, I think JJP is better off without him.

I didn't interpret any of his posts as being a dick to Lloyd, he seemed to be bothered by Alex and rightfully so.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I have been reading this thread with interest, but I don't think anything new has been said for the last few pages. I would like to suggest we close this.

Whether you agree with it or not this thread still represents a review from a now ex-customer and I'd rather keep threads like this open so people can decide for themselves on purchasing games from JJP. I still am in on the hobbit but it has been an eye opener for me and the one thing that stands out is if I get the hobbit is I would prefer to talk with Lloyd if issues arise.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le?tu=Kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.