pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg
There are 679 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 9 years ago

I don't know. This just seems like such an aberrancy compared to just about everything I've seen with JJP.

I agree that everything reasonable should be done to accommodate a dissatisfied customer. I agree that sometimes customers are just unreasonable, though.

And I can't entirely tell where the truth lies on this one. All I know is I love my Woz, enjoy it, and am less worried about my Hobbit order, being the second JJP ever produced, than I was about the Woz.

I hope JJP is analyzing this as a case report, but that doesn't mean they should be wearing black over they and the ex-customer parting ways. I think vid makes excellent points (he usually does), and I agree that it would have been nice to make the ex-customer into a believer of JJP...

... But that ain't going to happen at this point.

Hopefully JJP learns better QC (and I think they were working on that without this incident) and better ways of handling difficult situations so they don't leave a bad taste in new customers' mouths.

Hopefully the ex-buyer gets a more realistic expectation of what ownership, even NIB, might entail of such complicated toys. And perhaps s/he develops better strategies to make it easier to get good customer service from companies s/he patronizes, even if such service is entirely deserved. Sometimes in life it's a good idea to try to make it easier for others to do the right thing.

#652 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Certainly no one deserves an out of box experience like this, and I know and can empathize, as my WOZ died after 6 hours...my first NIB, and it took 6 weeks to get to a working game. But I am thrilled to own. (I know it didnt leave the factory like this, I trust inspection)
One thing to remember is we are conditioned to expect certain aspects as consumers.
Other consumer goods of this value or other value are hard to compare because the global sales
are in such large numbers. There is money to support all the services that are expected, and expense back into the product.
In this case, Sure, Jack could have set up 50 state service centers or techs, but the cost back to the
product, based on units sold would be prohibitive.
I see this in every aspect of business I am involved in or consult.
As customers, we grab all the best aspects of businesses and transfer those expectations to other purchases.
Amazon...two day free shipping.....Why cant everyone have this? I know people now expect this.
but we all know this costs something and is paid for somewhere. (not too long ago it took 6 months to get a hammer!)
Support....Every company should be staffed with people like Lloyd. So we expect this.
The 10-12 Support calls I did this week, from Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, CC, Banks, Telephone,
cable, Rakuten, Insurance....not a single one could hold a candle to Lloyd.
But we all want the best.
Price: With the Internet, we all want the lowest Price.
Quality: We all want "The Best!"
I had my first ever $55 steak over the Holidays! Amazing! Teams of waiters, free Chocolate Truffles,
Insane service.....but, I paid for that, at $100 per person.
It is hard for me too take that experience and expect that at Outback, for $25.
This is in no way a defensive statement to this issue, or intended to show any disrespect to anyone.
If so, my humblest apologies....
Its more they way of the world today, with what we want, and what we expect.
It is really hard in any business today to do all of these things together, and at the same time.
I marvel at those that can...be still worth mentioning that transferring our expectations, especially in the area of customer service is tricky. Even today, Comcast had an announcement.
Everything costs, and it must come from the revenue of the sale.
Sell 50,000 WOZ units, and different experiences should be in place.
Sell a few million iphones, and while they have had many bugs, and complaints...millions still
go.
and while we have threads about what it costs to build a game or a board....The cost of infrastructure
and all aspects of business is staggering.
Does this buyer deserve better? Sure.....Do we all with everything we buy?...no doubt.
But from the business side, and I am a small guy, but have had several companies, factories, national sales staff etc...Its hard.
We are all people, but held to a very high litmus, especially today, with the consumer aspect driving
the economy.

You learn quickly in pinball about the trade offs made between service, quality and cost. Especially if you want to support a start up. But treating a customer with respect doesn't cost anything, and seems like the biggest reason that these types of threads blowup. Stern code, JPOP, MMR - it's a common theme. When someone feels like they are not being respected the posts fly.

#653 9 years ago

True, so true....but sometimes a regular conversation with someone from NY or NJ, and I have lived there for many years can seem abrasive to someone from the south.

I am not suggesting this happened here, but the words are "feelings", "hurt", "respect".
I know I fail often....especially with my wife after 39 years!

Since none of us, other then 2 people in that conversation, I respect that the owner felt hurt.
The rest is in our imagination, and we might have felt different having had the exact same conversation.

I had a staff meeting the other day, and when it was over, I had an employee tell me that I offended
them. Of course, I apologized, but the others in the meeting were not offended.
How can we judge?

Isnt it interesting that you mentioned all the threads, and I tend to agree, where the issue
can be "respect".....perhaps it is more then that too.

#654 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Certainly no one deserves an out of box experience like this, and I know and can empathize, as my WOZ died after 6 hours...my first NIB

I Can't believe U waited 3 day'z 2 say this ....

#655 9 years ago

A quick question? I want to buy a NIB WOZ soon. Should I,or Shouldn't I.

#656 9 years ago

If you have played one and like it, buy it!

#657 9 years ago

I have played one and I like it.

#658 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

I have played one and I like it.

Your money. You decide.

Would you love to have that pin sitting there more than anything else ?

Will you play it and enjoy it for a long time to come ?

Only you can decide what is best for you.

LTG : )

#659 9 years ago

A quick question? I want to buy a NIB WOZ soon. Should I,or Shouldn't I.

You should buy.

#660 9 years ago

Where do you think the best place to buy one is?

#661 9 years ago

Here's a couple of video's taken @ the Banker's pad ... We have FUN @ Banker's

#662 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

True, so true....but sometimes a regular conversation with someone from NY or NJ, and I have lived there for many years can seem abrasive to someone from the south.
I am not suggesting this happened here, but the words are "feelings", "hurt", "respect".

I spent my first 30 years in South Jersey and Philly so know what you mean. Never thought I'd be a southerner but it does change your perspective. I quickly start talking with my hands more when back in Philly or NY.

#663 9 years ago

Where do you think the best place to buy one is?

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/our-distributors/ See if there is a distributor near you. See what they offer for price, extended warranty, service calls.

#664 9 years ago

The best guy is Buddy (dough slingers) if you will buy one get it from him.

#665 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Can't believe U waited 3 day'z 2 say this ....

I have shared before, but this wasnt about me, and I wanted the emotions to level off.

I think we all know how quick things and threads can explode, and I am sadly, because of meds, as sensitive as the owner these days.

Many times I write a post and wait minutes, hours, or days before I post or delete, lest my feelings, override a more level headed thought.

I think everywhere today, we are reacting faster, and I dont know if that is good.
I cant watch an old B/W movie...its too slow. I watch commercials, and so much comes at you so fast.
Even some movies, get Action or camera shots so fast...it hurts.

Perhaps some of the issues on threads these days might come from acting too fast.
On both sides of a story.
In this case, one might say the owner should have been more patient, had a tech, and had the chance
to enjoy an amazing game. Perhaps Jack, and those that post fast early on their feelings, might not feel that way a day or two later.

Once its online...its stuck.

Certainly in all our private lives, we have disagreements, might over react, and then find away to make peace, after those feelings of hurt die down. We apologize, we move on. I dont know.

I would wish the former owner to see that for all those people that took a different side that this is human nature, and today forum/social behavior...and not a personal attack.

the same for Alex, Jack or anyone else.....it really is just pinball, and I dont believe anyone here intended any malice, or harm. Just a misunderstanding and hurt feelings, with a lot of interested
people.

Personally, and for the record, sure, there have been issues with my WOZ, but every single one,
with a little patience was addressed by Alex, LLoyd, Jack, Jen, and Curly at LSOG.
It has been flawless for 6 months, and an honor and joy to play and own.
I would recommend the game, company and staff to anyone.

Of course, others will and can disagree, and I respect their opinion too.

I think we all can agree there was a point where there might have never been anyone making any pinball machines, and all the bumps and controversy on threads are a healthy sign, we all want games...its more in seeing that a negative thread can generate a huge amount of attention when compared to a positive one.....like an accident that everyone slows down to see...

Obvious stuff, but when emotions fly....it seems to get the better of us.

Please no misunderstanding...I dont want to appear condescending, just another view with the only goal being a less emotional approach to situations that can affect us all.

#666 9 years ago

Kind word's Art , yr a good man ... But ,, deep down Pinside thrives on an Aggression Thread .. It Breaks up the Norm- . Yesterday i was on another thread and a member posted to his Bud say-n ,,
" What the hell R u Do-n over Here , I figured you would still be in the Woz RR thread "

It's a place to Vent ,, Most of Us know each other anyway , on a Personal basis or by just listening to each other over the Year's .. Some take word's to Heart ( not me ) other's do .. Don't !! ,,, later ..

#667 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I'll 2nd that Vote ...

#668 9 years ago

Based on everything I have read, I'll just throw in my 2 cents...everyone else have, I feel left out.

If I were Jack, I would've given the owner 1 of 2 options.

Option 1, Swap for a new game.

Option 2, Keep the game, send a tech out to fix the game, and extend the warranty on the game (i.e. - 1 year warranty, make it a 3 year warranty). NOTE: I do not know what JJP's warranty is, I just used 1 year as a hypothetical.

The perfect example of taking a negative and turning into a positive:

#669 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Wow, degenerated to name calling?

People have been calling Metallica Metallicduh since the 80s when they first heard Lars' voice (or at least since Napster).

Don't be so sensitive.

Not everything is about you.

#670 9 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

I guess the moral of the story is.... if you buy a $9,000 toy, be sure to buy it from a local distributor that will deliver it and set it up for you (or at least will verify that the machine is working prior to pick-up or delivery).

Yes we offer this service and try to do it well. It's really rewarding to see people enjoying the new pins. Can't wait for Hobbit and MMRLE to arrive.

#671 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thank you!

#672 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'll 2nd that Vote ...

Thank you!

#673 9 years ago

You guys are killing me about the Ural motorcycle thing.

I'm not saying they are bad or unreliable.

If you are too old for a crotch rocket, but not old enough (or yuppy enough) for a Harley, then a Ural could be your ticket to hell.

They are a two wheel drive hunk of Russian iron. You can drive them in the water, in the snow, anywhere really.

But if you don't like attention from hot women, do not get one (I mean this).

Chicks will climb off a $30K Harley in a split second and jump in your sidecar.

If you are a true road warrior, you can get a "kit" Ural bike sold as a Dnepr. It's not really a kit, you just mount the engine and the side car, but by being imported as a kit, it does not have to pass any USA emission standards. Slap it together, drive it to the DMV and get a title for the thing. They are only $4k.

So for less than the price of a Stern Pro, you could own something really stupid.

http://www.armycycles.com/special.aspx

dnepr.jpgdnepr.jpg
6561285259_aa7c2b80d5_b.jpg6561285259_aa7c2b80d5_b.jpg
Rivermonster.PNGRivermonster.PNG
Motherrussia.PNGMotherrussia.PNG

#674 9 years ago

Joe at Pinball Star is another good guy to work with.

#675 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/our-distributors/ See if there is a distributor near you. See what they offer for price, extended warranty, service calls.

No iowa, nebraska, south dakota or minnesota!

#676 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Slap it together, drive it to the DMV and get a title for the thing.

Do you think the DMV is going to let you register that?

#677 9 years ago
Quoted from cichlid:

Do you think the DMV is going to let you register that?

Yep, no problem at all.

No different that building a custom motorcycle.

Your title says "custom built" or "kit" depending on your state.

The DVM inspectors see that it is obviously a factory built bike, they check that the lights and turnsignals work and sign off.

#678 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yep, no problem at all.
No different that building a custom motorcycle.
Your title says "custom built" or "kit" depending on your state.
The DVM inspectors see that it is obviously a factory built bike, they check that the lights and turnsignals work and sign off.

Probably easier to certify that than a random heap of parts they might have to go through on a "bad" day. I know which one I would rather have to sign off on, so it makes sense these do not cause big problems .

#679 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You guys are killing me about the Ural motorcycle thing.
I'm not saying they are bad or unreliable.
If you are too old for a crotch rocket, but not old enough (or yuppy enough) for a Harley, then a Ural could be your ticket to hell.
They are a two wheel drive hunk of Russian iron. You can drive them in the water, in the snow, anywhere really.
But if you don't like attention from hot women, do not get one (I mean this).
Chicks will climb off a $30K Harley in a split second and jump in your sidecar.
If you are a true road warrior, you can get a "kit" Ural bike sold as a Dnepr. It's not really a kit, you just mount the engine and the side car, but by being imported as a kit, it does not have to pass any USA emission standards. Slap it together, drive it to the DMV and get a title for the thing. They are only $4k.
So for less than the price of a Stern Pro, you could own something really stupid.
http://www.armycycles.com/special.aspx

dnepr.jpg 74 KB

6561285259_aa7c2b80d5_b.jpg 109 KB

Rivermonster.PNG 657 KB

Motherrussia.PNG 763 KB

Dammit, vid, I don't need another fricking hole to throw money into! Too cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 91.00
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

13,000 (OBO)
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 679 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.