pwozdcde.png
bar-fight-o.gif
tumblr_inline_mq1r019b451qz4rgp.jpg
image.jpg
old school gang bang.jpg
COWBOYPLASTICS.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 2.15.00 AM.png
TWD , BDK , School etc 055.jpg
There are 679 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just saw this thread. WOW, what a goat rodeo.
Seems to me like some people shuodl probably not own a pinball machine. The guy with the video does not even know the right terminology, even basic stuff and honestly should not be buying a commericial machine for his own house.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Bought and sold my first one without knowing how to work on them.

#602 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Companies can sue you, even if you are completely in the right.
Sure you can fight it out "on principle", but is $10,000 on legal bills and months of your time worth it for a pinball machine you did not like enough to keep?

Do you honestly think Jersey Jack Pinball would sue someone over a youtube vid when he had no case?

This is assuming the threat even came from JJP. RZ hasn't exactly explained what he was told, has he?

You've made your mind up that Jack is the villain here. That's fine, welcome to America. I prefer to know more about what happened before assuming the worst. I see some hothead making mountains out of molehills WRT his machine's issues. I see the same dude being a complete dick to Lloyd here on pinside. I reason there's a good chance he was a complete dick to Jack at some point, and maybe that's why Jack wasn't a garden of roses when he called. I *know* that despite all of whatever, Jack was still willing to send someone to fix this game, for free, and RZ said no and sold it for a thousand dollar loss.

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If the video broke no laws, he should put it back up. It's not that hard to figure out if something you've said is libelous/slanderous. If he did say something that could get him in trouble, he can simply bleep that bit out.
Or maybe the video contains enough bullshit that he decided it was safest to simply remove it?
Fact: Jack doesn't call random customers and berate them. Jack's call was in response to something, and unless RZ wants to provide the full transcription of what was said, including whatever Jack was responding to, I'll give Jack the benefit of the doubt here. The fact he was willing to send a tech to repair the game has me thinking RZ is blowing things out of proportion.

Yeah he only berates specific people

http://twitter.com/jerseyjackpin

JerseyJackTwitter.jpgJerseyJackTwitter.jpg

#604 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yeah he only berates specific people
http://twitter.com/jerseyjackpin

JerseyJackTwitter.jpg 53 KB

That isn't JJP's twitter account. "Jersey Jack Pinballs"

Or is it?

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Fact: Jack doesn't call random customers and berate them. Jack's call was in response to something, and unless RZ wants to provide the full transcription of what was said, including whatever Jack was responding to, I'll give Jack the benefit of the doubt here. The fact he was willing to send a tech to repair the game has me thinking RZ is blowing things out of proportion.

That's the part of this that hasn't been explained... how did Jack get involved? No one has claimed to have contacted Jack about this faulty machine, yet Jack somehow had RZ's contact information. I wonder if Jack was given faulty info about what had transpired with RZ's machine? But who initially contacted Jack?

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Or is it?

It's Jack from 2011, before he figured out that building pinballs was hard

#607 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Companies can sue you, even if you are completely in the right.
Sure you can fight it out "on principle", but is $10,000 on legal bills and months of your time worth it for a pinball machine you did not like enough to keep?

If you're a lawyer, the answer is . . . a resounding YES!

#608 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Or is it?

One thing for sure. It is about the time of Pinball Expo, Gary Flower moderated the Thursday night fireside chat. There seemed to be some fall out about that.

The recording is on Pinball News if anyone wants to listen.

LTG : )

#609 9 years ago

A number of people have said they won't buy a JJP machine after reading this thread. I wonder how many backpedal when Pat's game comes out and it's awesome.

#610 9 years ago

JJPinball is the real twitter for Jersey Jack Pinball

https://mobile.twitter.com/JJPinball

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I wonder how many backpedal when Pat's game comes out and it's awesome.

Hopefully if anyone does, they don't get crap for doing so.

People are allowed to change their minds.

There has been enough bad in this thread and I hope it doesn't extend a game or two into the future if someone decides to purchase a JJP pin.

#612 9 years ago

Can I clone you, Lloyd?

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The more I think about this thread, the angrier I get. I've had problems with products in the past, but the last thing I do is think to myself, "Hey! I should pick up a camera and YouTube what a piece of shit this is!" Now, I get that that's what this guy does (if it's for a living, I don't know how he does it and can afford a 9k machine), but raking Jack's product over the coals because of your own personal problems was a little out of line. And I'm not sure that anybody who would actually do what this guy did was as cool and calm on the phone with Jack as he's having us believe.
As an early adopter with WOZ, I had tons of those light board issues. My game didn't play right for 3 months. I didn't give up after 5 hours - I was on the phone with tech support to the point that we were on a first-name basis and they recognized me at the factory. And eventually, they sent a tech to my house to completely overhaul my machine with new boards and a new power supply. My machine has had no problems since, and it's the machine everybody gravitates to in the house.
I feel bad for reviewzonehd. Not because of his problems with the machine, but because he's clearly impatient, and as such, lost out on owning what would have been the best machine in his collection.

Yep, pretty much.

The dude did manage to get a flock of pinside sheep behind him with torches though lol.

#614 9 years ago

Basically, it seems like some people on this thread are arguing that it's not OK for someone to publicly share their opinion of a company's product and service unless it's the same as their experience. Especially if it's negative and they have established a "big voice" that may influence a lot of people. So all the reviews (positive or negative) on Amazon, Trip Adviser and YouTube or the editorial sections of newspapers are not a good thing for all of us. Sounds more like Russia or Cuba than America.

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

How long should he have to wait to have 7 pins in his collection? 6 months? 12 months? 2 years???
If he died a month from now, would he be happier if he had one game or seven?
What about the customers who buy WOZ from that 75th anniversary catalog? They certainly don't have any pinball experience. Do you think they won't call their credit card company in a minute when a brand new game does not work, and they are told that labor is not covered?
I have clients that have 20 game collections and don't know how to get the glass off.
If a rubber breaks, it sits broken until I'm in town to fix it.
Should they only own a single game until they "learn a little"?
Should my 90 year old customer, Ronnie, not have his game because he does not have the dexterity to hold a soldering iron any longer?

Weeeee....that was a fun spin

Can I go again?

#616 9 years ago

He can share his opinion all he wants; I'm just not going to swallow it unquestioningly.

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

He can share his opinion all he wants; I'm just not going to swallow it unquestioningly.

You say that like everyone else is.

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It's great to share a different opinion but some are saying he was out-of-line to post his video or not give JJP every opportunity to make it right.

#619 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You say that like everyone else is.

Not everyone... but some. Jack's 'fan club' are eating it up like chum in the sea Jack is a polarizing figure, but his company did make a good game...

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do you honestly think Jersey Jack Pinball would sue someone over a youtube vid when he had no case?

How should I know?

Companies bully people all the time, depending on the advice they get from their counsel.

Quoted from metallik:

You've made your mind up that Jack is the villain here.

There is no villain here.

You are missing the point by a mile.

(slow down and really think about this):

We have a wealthy CUSTOMER who buys a $9,000 toy.

He is not a "pinball tech", or a lifelong collector. He's a month into the hobby.

He buys a brand new game for the family.

It has numerous problems right out of the box.

CUSTOMER is told by first tech that even though game is brand new, labor is not covered in any repair.

It does not matter if theses are simple problems or not - two techs can not get the game working on the phone, and at least 4 light boards need replacement.

Jack calls the CUSTOMER and berates him for "breaking the game".

CUSTOMER says he has had enough BS and returns game.

Alex is snide with now PRIOR CUSTOMER in public forum for 1000s to see.

-

There is no villain, just a majorly mishandled incident.

#621 9 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

JJP may be more financially stable but has a LONG way to go in the PR department.

Lol. You think? It's an absolute mess is what it is! Kudos to Lloyd for understanding PR. What's funny is, he doesn't have a financial stake in the company.

Seriously, you guys (JJP) need to step your game up when it comes to PR, or you'll be selling used machines only in the near future!

#622 9 years ago

Dude posts a review video..datapoint, throw it on the pile..
All the arguing ABOUT that post, while entertaining, doesn't really clear anything up. To me its just another review amongst many. Everything else is speculation, not fact. Don't make final decisions based on speculation. The only other real fact that I take away from this is that Lloyd is all class, all the time. And I know I never want to receive a note from him signed "Lloyd".

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Yep, pretty much.
The dude did manage to get a flock of pinside sheep behind him with torches though lol.

This goes both ways

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

CUSTOMER is told by first tech that even though game is brand new, labor is not covered in any repair.

It does not matter if theses are simple problems or not - two techs can not get the game working on the phone, and at least 4 light boards need replacement.

Jack calls the CUSTOMER and berates him for "breaking the game".

There are events missing in your recollection.

- How exactly did Jack find out about the game and its issues?

- What did RZ do to the game before Jack called? Remember, we have only ONE SIDE of the story here

- What did RZ say to Jack or his techs prior to any phone call?

- What did RZ say to Jack during this phone call?

You also conveniently left out the part where Jack offered to solve the problem by sending a tech to fix the game. Your recount of events is quite biased.

Quoted from vid1900:

Alex is snide with now PRIOR CUSTOMER in public forum for 1000s to see.

Yes, and RZ was a complete dick to LLoyd in a public forum for 1000s to see. As we know from Alex, current behavior is a prime indicator of past performance. I'm betting better than 90% chance RZ was a dick to Jack at some point as well. Do you disagree this might be possible?

Sometimes the customer needs to be fired. In this case, I think JJP is better off without him.

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Weeeee....that was a fun spin
Can I go again?

Sure.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles.

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

- What did RZ do to the game before Jack called? Remember, we have only ONE SIDE of the story here
You also conveniently left out the part where Jack offered to solve the problem by sending a tech to fix the game. Your recount of events is quite biased.

Yes, and RZ was a complete dick to LLoyd in a public forum for 1000s to see. As we know from Alex, current behavior is a prime indicator of past performance. I'm betting better than 90% chance RZ was a dick to Jack at some point as well. Do you disagree this might be possible?
Sometimes the customer needs to be fired. In this case, I think JJP is better off without him.

I didn't interpret any of his posts as being a dick to Lloyd, he seemed to be bothered by Alex and rightfully so.

#627 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sometimes the customer needs to be fired.

Funnily enough, that's actually true. Every client is just another risk/reward decision. Plenty of very successful businesses pull customer lines all the time.

#628 9 years ago

I have been reading this thread with interest, but I don't think anything new has been said for the last few pages. I would like to suggest we close this.

#629 9 years ago

eh, nothing out of the ordinary here. No need to close.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

I have been reading this thread with interest, but I don't think anything new has been said for the last few pages. I would like to suggest we close this.

Whether you agree with it or not this thread still represents a review from a now ex-customer and I'd rather keep threads like this open so people can decide for themselves on purchasing games from JJP. I still am in on the hobbit but it has been an eye opener for me and the one thing that stands out is if I get the hobbit is I would prefer to talk with Lloyd if issues arise.

#631 9 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

if I get the hobbit is I would prefer to talk with Lloyd if issues arise.

I don't know everything but I'll always try to help. Anyone. Usually noon to midnight CST everyday.

Doesn't matter pm me here, email, VOIP phone. Doesn't even have to be a JJP pin. I've provided support for Williams/Bally and Stern pins sold by Pinball Sales ( Jack )

If anyone prefers just dealing with me. That is fine too. Might take a bit longer if I need to run by engineers or anything. But I'll do it.

I'll always be glad to help.

#632 9 years ago

I'm pretty damn sure regardless of what is coved on the game, labor included, that if my game did not work when I got it home, that JJP would make every effort possible to correct my situation. That is the reality a lot of people are missing here. So then what is the real intent of this guys video??

Is there a documented case where JJP left someone out in the cold? You want to sell a game which had factory defects, fine, but why come here and blast the company? And don't say cuz Jack pissed in his cereal because we don't know how that conversation went down.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#634 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

None of that matters.

You are so busy being defensive, you are still missing the entire point.

-

Forget pinball for a second and pick a new consumer product.

Ural Tech: Hello, Ural
Metallikduh: Hey I just uncrated my new Ural and the lights don't work, it's stuck in 2 wheel drive and it only runs for a minute before it stalls out.
U: Sounds like you need a new generator, lamp switch, and I'll put you to the next tech to figure out the drive.
M: Can you come tow this to the dealer?
U: You'll have to pay for repair labor and towing, because we don't cover that.
M: It's brand new!!! $9,000 and already I have to pay for labor?
U: Sir, this must be your first Russian motorcycle - labor is never included. We can send you parts for 6 months.
M: But it's brand new!!! And I see on the internet, problem with the lights is widespread!
U: Hey they use these things to deliver mail in Siberia. They are built tough. Easy for a good mechanic to service.
Ural Tech 2: Sounds like you need a new trans, did you try and drive it?
M: Yes, but it would not stay running. I tightened the battery posts.
U2: Oh, you should not mess with the wiring.
M: I did not mess with it, I tightened the battery posts.
U2: Ummm, this is bad.
Ural of America's Owner: Hey, I hear ya gota problem there.
M: Yeah, brand new and already I've got all these problems.
UAO: Well, what the hell were you messing with all those wires for in the first place?
M: Wha??? I just tightened the battery posts.
UAO: Yeah, you got's to keep your hands outta where they don't belong, kapesh? Ya go around breaking our bikes, then callin' cuz stuff's broke. Ya know, ya can'ts complain if ya did it yourself.
M: Really??? It was broken right out of the crate.
UAO: Sure, the moment you started unpluggin' all they wires there....
M: You know, I think I'm going to call my credit card company and run a chargeback. I REALLY think I messed up buying one of your bikes.
UAO: Wadaya mean chargeback??? I tells you somthin', even though you broke it, I'lla send my boy over and tow that thing in - how's that sound?
M: Yeah, no thanks, I'm outta here.....
UAO: Hey, don' ya goa postin' your experience on those internets either, cuz my mechanics, ya know, they are gona be snarky with youse and put youse down - cuz you don't know nuthin' 'bout fixin' bikes....

In no other consumer industry would anyone be expected to buy a brand new, very broken $9,000 item and then be treated like a jerk.

ural-motorcycle.jpgural-motorcycle.jpg

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Lol. Three years and every WOZ thread is the same. The same people thumb up, and the same people thumb down.

No one comes to the internet to change their mind.

#636 9 years ago

Good grief

#637 9 years ago

This is a quote from my Springfree trampoline warranty that I bought the kids at Xmas..

"This limited warranty does not cover expenses related to on-site labor, travel, assembly or disassembly or other charges associated with the repair or replacement of covered components."

#638 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is a quote from my Springfree trampoline warranty that I bought the kids at Xmas..
"This limited warranty does not cover expenses related to on-site labor, travel, assembly or disassembly or other charges associated with the repair or replacement of covered components."

Did said trampoline cost 9k? Does it have a history of product defects?

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

So if you opened the box and 4 of the springs were overstretched, and the decking was frayed and sparse - what would you do?

Call and wait for parts?

Return it for a better model?

Get berated on the trampoline forums for not having extra springs around already?

#640 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

No one comes to the internet to change their mind.

The only reason I post on the internet is to tell people how wrong they are.

someone is wrong internet.pngsomeone is wrong internet.png

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Quoted from vid1900:

So if you opened the box and 4 of the springs were overstretched, and the decking was frayed and sparse - what would you do?
Call and wait for parts?
Return it for a better model?
Get berated on the trampoline forums for not having extra springs around already?

Just my submission to the point that labor not being covered is no surprise. Sticking to facts here.

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The only reason I post on the internet is to tell people how wrong they are.

someone is wrong internet.png 14 KB

Lol. I must say, you are very good at it.

#643 9 years ago

There are trampoline forums....cool!

Checkmate mr trampoline!

tramampoline.pngtramampoline.png

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just saw this thread. WOW, what a goat rodeo.
Seems to me like some people shuodl probably not own a pinball machine. The guy with the video does not even know the right terminology, even basic stuff and honestly should not be buying a commericial machine for his own house. I am continually amazed when anyone buys a pinball machine, let alone multiple games, and has no clue how to actually work on them. IMHO, the ability to work on them (or pay someone else to do so) is a requirement of the hobby.
The guy in the video is a knob that over pays and then pisses and moans.
I agree that it sucks when any game/large purchase does not come as expected, but I have found that most times it can easily be resolved on the back end well before needing to make a monetized video for youtube to blast the company.
EVERY pinball machine has or will have issues at some point. MHO is dont buy one unless you are willing to learn how to do basic repairs. I woudl say this is a customer that nobody needs in the long run.

come on the guy spent 9k on a pinball. That's like buying a new Camaro and the engine not working or the wheels locking up. The thing "should" work 100%. There are exceptions but they should be far and few between. I have shipped pins and delivered pins that have bounced down the road and have been 20 plus years old. Let me say most of them have worked 100% when plugged in and if there was an issue it was very minor. I feel for JJP a little by implementing a new platform but when you are a business owner you need to bite your tongue and so do the employees. I guarantee there are a few customers that have been lost due to this thread

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Specifically, if one spring fails, do they all fail?

#646 9 years ago

I'm not going to get into the he said, she said side of the debate as I am not privy to what the actual conversations were. IF it was me and I was being calculated in "cutting off my nose to spite my face" I would have accepted the pinball tech offer on JJP's dollar and then swapped it for a ST (or Russian bike with luxury sidecar), if Jack pissed me off enough of course. Does appear that there could have been a lot of red mist fogging the details from both sides though regardless of who fired the first shot, IMHO.

Also agree that, in public and face-to-customer face, the customer is always right.

I treat this as just another, valid, data input however like my golf handicap the best and worst scores are discarded.

#647 9 years ago

This thread was made to show a review on JJP WOZ. Seeing that the review was removed maybe this thread has ran its course?

#648 9 years ago

tHiS tHrEaD iS gEtTiNg BoRiNg .

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Ural Tech: Hello, Ural
Metallikduh: Hey I just uncrated my new Ural

Wow, degenerated to name calling? Discussion's over. Amazing how polarizing JJP is for some people.

#650 9 years ago

Certainly no one deserves an out of box experience like this, and I know and can empathize, as my WOZ died after 6 hours...my first NIB, and it took 6 weeks to get to a working game. But I am thrilled to own. (I know it didnt leave the factory like this, I trust inspection)

One thing to remember is we are conditioned to expect certain aspects as consumers.

Other consumer goods of this value or other value are hard to compare because the global sales
are in such large numbers. There is money to support all the services that are expected, and expense back into the product.
In this case, Sure, Jack could have set up 50 state service centers or techs, but the cost back to the
product, based on units sold would be prohibitive.

I see this in every aspect of business I am involved in or consult.

As customers, we grab all the best aspects of businesses and transfer those expectations to other purchases.

Amazon...two day free shipping.....Why cant everyone have this? I know people now expect this.
but we all know this costs something and is paid for somewhere. (not too long ago it took 6 months to get a hammer!)
Support....Every company should be staffed with people like Lloyd. So we expect this.
The 10-12 Support calls I did this week, from Ebay, Paypal, Amazon, CC, Banks, Telephone,
cable, Rakuten, Insurance....not a single one could hold a candle to Lloyd.
But we all want the best.
Price: With the Internet, we all want the lowest Price.
Quality: We all want "The Best!"

I had my first ever $55 steak over the Holidays! Amazing! Teams of waiters, free Chocolate Truffles,
Insane service.....but, I paid for that, at $100 per person.
It is hard for me too take that experience and expect that at Outback, for $25.

This is in no way a defensive statement to this issue, or intended to show any disrespect to anyone.
If so, my humblest apologies....

Its more they way of the world today, with what we want, and what we expect.

It is really hard in any business today to do all of these things together, and at the same time.
I marvel at those that can...be still worth mentioning that transferring our expectations, especially in the area of customer service is tricky. Even today, Comcast had an announcement.

Everything costs, and it must come from the revenue of the sale.
Sell 50,000 WOZ units, and different experiences should be in place.

Sell a few million iphones, and while they have had many bugs, and complaints...millions still
go.

and while we have threads about what it costs to build a game or a board....The cost of infrastructure
and all aspects of business is staggering.

Does this buyer deserve better? Sure.....Do we all with everything we buy?...no doubt.
But from the business side, and I am a small guy, but have had several companies, factories, national sales staff etc...Its hard.

We are all people, but held to a very high litmus, especially today, with the consumer aspect driving
the economy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 679 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-review-on-woz-75th-le/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.