13 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jespo_19
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

Just watched a pretty good Documentary some of you may be interested in seeing (Has a few pins in the background too).
    It's called " The King of Kong". It's about a guys journey to set the high score on Donkey Kong, and some wacky Bull $#!@ roadblocks that he runs in to.
    I watched it (free stream download) on Netflix through Xbox live.

Definitely worth checking out.

#2 13 years ago

I will have to check it out. I was watching lost Couple of days ago season 3 and there were two pins in the rec room one was a RFM not sure what the other one was.

#3 13 years ago

King of Kong is an amazing doc. Having used to live in the Seattle area, I crossed paths with Steve several times. On more than one occasion I'd arrived at the bar a few minutes after opening instead of before, and he'd already be there. Front of the shop, sitting on a stool in front of DK. That would be at 12pm. 12am would roll around, and he would still be sitting in the same spot. I think playing the same game...

All the way around, if you love games, you gotta watch "A Fistful of Quarters," it's really, really good.

#4 13 years ago

The believe the other pin was a Cyclone. It was for sale up here last year for way more than book. Not sure if it was a scam.

#5 13 years ago

"The King of Kong" is one of the most fascinating documentaries I have ever seen. Too bad "Special When Lit" sucked so bad.

#6 13 years ago

g'pose, please don't mention that again. There might be people on here who haven't heard of it that go look it up

Fascinating doc's...

http://www.sprword.com/mustwatch.html

Check it out. It's not for everyone, but there are 400+ complete documentaries available for free streaming on their site, or external links too. A lot of history, conspiracy, ufo, religion, human rights, civil rights, and so so much more. Zeitgeist man, Zeitgeist. Watch that video, it will blow your mind.

#7 13 years ago

Loved King of Kong, and it is a streaming video on Netflix. Nice combination (especially on an ipad...)!

2 months later
    #8 12 years ago

last night i watched the whole thing, very cool documentary!(oxymoron?) i felt as though i should have watched tilt: the battle to save pinball after though. highly recommended: Special When Lit!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-documentary and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.