Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by FrankJ
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

The machine was acting up in several areas - flippers died, then came back to life, targets not scoring when hit, others scoring when nothing happening, etc. It was possessed.

On ball 5 (game was set to 5 balls), the ball drained but the machine wouldn't quit random scoring and wouldn't read the ball in the outhole, so I tilted it. Nothing - just tilt. I had to cycle it off and on again to get the machine to game over to play my reply. I checked for credit dot - nothing. I noticed the replay score was the same as it was the game before, not the progressive higher score for a replay. I played the game, beat the score again, so I turned the game off on ball 5 as the ball left the playfield. I turned it back on - same score needed for replay again.

Did I stumble onto a Stern cheat or is it just on this malfunctioning machine? Anyone try this before?

Frank

#2 11 years ago

Stern's don't have credit dots. They have technician reports when you open the coin door.

My guess would be if you are killing power to the game before it ends will not allow it to change replay settings.

#3 11 years ago

maybe it was set to fixed replay score ? did the replay score was getting higher before you had to tilt ? if not that's interesting

as for the "possessed" thing, it seems like the classic Stern ball-through dying optos : end-of-ball when ball is still in play, not registering a drained ball... very common.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from tvbenk:

My guess would be if you are killing power to the game before it ends will not allow it to change replay settings.

That's my point. Has anyone tried this? Does it work on all Stern's?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interesting-cheat-trs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.