(Topic ID: 170258)

Interested in a Virtual Pinball Machine (So.California)

By musei

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is doing well out there.

A friend of mine has been showing me some Virtual Pinball machines on YouTube and has gotten me semi interested in one of these full WideBody cabinets with the full setup and computer running it. But before looking at actually buying one, I was curious if anyone had one of these and how they liked em?

I'm also curious if anyone knows of any place that has one to view and see it in person in the Southern California area? Tried a couple of arcade places in my local area, but didn't seem to know much about em or how good they were. I'd really like to see one in person before throwing a lot of money down on one.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

They are not really legal for a commercial establishment so you are not likely to find one there. They are good for what they are - as long as you understand that. They are also not a plug n play - they are a hobby - a mostly computer hobby. If you are not comfortable with that then stay clear.As for games -they have almost everything out there -- almost.
    They dont feel like a real machine - but I said that already - they are what they are. You can play the games and learn the rules. The shots are not going to react the same as a physical machine. The resale is not as easy either.
    I own a couple - but I am a computer guy who likes pinball, so its a perfect fit for me. I can play 300+ different games and still play my 2 physical machines too.
    VPCabs & VirtualPin do quite a few shows and hopefully you can get to one to play one first hand.

Good luck..
    allknowing2012 on the virutal pin forums.

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for replying, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I figured they weren't exactly like an original Pinball machine, and that's why I would love to test one out before even looking at buying one. I'd like to see how it feels being in front of one.

Resale wasn't that big of an issue with me. I'll look up this VPCabs and VirtualPin to see if they will be in Southern California anytime soon.

1 week later
    #4 7 years ago

I'm going to buy one this weekend at a pinball expo in Illinois. I want the full size, with a 4k monitor. The 4k is so much better than the regular one. I have 3 pinball machines right now, but I want something that isn't going to break down with the light bulbs, and mechanical parts. Plus I want to play hundreds of different machines. I'm probably going to drop $7,000.

#6 7 years ago

The things to look for, and put it over the top, is force feedback. Ideally for that price (remember you are talking a total $ sum of PC+monitors+cabinet+other goodies in the price), it should come with solenoids and knockers and perhaps some led/lights for feedback while playing games. They could be added afterwards but its a bit of hassle to tear apart a production VP cabinet.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interested-in-a-virtual-pinball-machine-socalifornia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.