(Topic ID: 159651)

interest post: BK2K - Black Knight 2000 wire form. Upper PF to lower..

By PhillyArcade

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bobmorlock
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2751[1] (resized).JPG
IMG_0444 (resized).JPG
PlastiDip (resized).jpg
IMG_0443 (resized).JPG
IMG_0442 (resized).JPG
25811854880_a5b13471c5_k_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

So I've been hunting for a wire form for my BK2K the one that goes from the upper PF to the lower PF. The ones I've found all have something broken on them. Seems it was a bad design all around from the start. Well I found a local company that can reproduce them. So this would be brand new wire form. Only issue is minimum order is 6 pieces. If I did 6 pieces they would be $175.00 each. If I did 12 pieces they would be $145.00 each.

Figured I'd post and see if anyone would be in on this run of wire forms. The only thing he said they wouldn't have is the rubber tip on the spring. I'm sure a local auto parts store would sell them for a vacuum cap or something. I know I've seen them in the help section.

So post away and let me know if you are interested. If I get enough people we'll do a pre-sale and then have them ordered. Once I press the go button it's 3 to 4 weeks for completion.

25811854880_a5b13471c5_k_(resized).jpg

2 months later
#2 2 years ago

I'd take one of these if we could also see about getting the wireform made thats on the lower edge of the upper playfield as well.
I know there have been many people looking for this one as well and maybe combining them might help with the price if enough people were interested?.....I think the other wireform looks like it might be easier to produce and with added numbers of users looking for one or both might be enough to get the cost down further?

Thanks
John

#3 2 years ago

I really need one of these but I don't know if I'd spend that much. $100 would be tops for me. Would these be chromed?

#4 2 years ago

Count me in.

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

Just been sitting on this hoping to get a dozen people in to make it happen. I might just bite the bullet and get a dozen made to get the better price and hope they sell. Yes they would be chrome just like the OEM one other then the black rubber on the end. I think you can get those from any automotive store as it looks like a rubber vacuum block off.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

then the black rubber on the end. I think you can get those from any automotive store as it looks like a rubber vacuum block off

I wonder if a shooter rod tip would be close enough (if the inside hole is the same size)? Mine is still intact, but it's bound to wear through at some point.

1 week later
#7 2 years ago

I know there are lots of BK2000 owners that need this wireform as well as the one I mentioned on the front edge of the upper playfield.
Wonder why more users haven't chimed in here.....

Bump for this thread...

John

9 months later
#8 2 years ago

Bump. Count me in for one.

Also looking for a black rubber replacement. Has anyone been successful in finding one close enough? Could an owner be kind enough to give the dimensions of it? (length, inside hole diameter).

1 month later
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from bobmorlock:

Bump. Count me in for one.
Has anyone been successful in finding one close enough? Could an owner be kind enough to give the dimensions of it? (length, inside hole diameter).

Here are measurements of my original extension spring cap.

I created new caps using black Plasti-Dip. It takes a couple of coats and the finish isn't as glossy as the original, but the results aren't too bad.

IMG_0442 (resized).JPG

IMG_0443 (resized).JPG

PlastiDip (resized).jpg

IMG_0444 (resized).JPG

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from cletus:

Here are measurements of my original extension spring cap.
I created new caps using black Plasti-Dip. It takes a couple of coats and the finish isn't as glossy as the original, but the results aren't too bad.

They have these at the auto parts store, For vacuum lines I have blue on mine. I think red may have fit also. Black is to big.

IMG_2751[1] (resized).JPG

4 months later
#11 1 year ago

Thanks guys for taking the time to take some pictures and giving me the dimensions. I have been a bit slow to source this thread cap as I was having a few other pins to look after. I am going to start working on BK2K again now.

If anyone is interested, here is what I found as close to the original (I think):

this one on US Amazon:
amazon.com link »

but the shipping was a bit too expensive for Europe, I found this one in the UK and just ordered it:
ebay.com link

"He Rides Again!"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
2,800 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Annapolis, MD
$ 399.95
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside