You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Possible_Mantis_diverter_2_(resized).jpg
Mantis_-_a_SS_diverter_perhaps_(resized).jpg
c835b052306a475e7f1321fd515e638f_(resized).jpg
74_007074_3_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Put me down for two - already told my buddy he has to purchase one also - have to support those who support the hobby!

Also trying to notify our local Florida group about this topic.

And tell Kerry to offer ramp customers the stainless 5-target lift plate as a combo purchase!!!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Great to hear bstyles!
I will talk to him, i know that the 5-target lift plate he made is not a hot seller.
But maybe we can convince him with 10 buyers.
Axl

Everyone needs to inspect their target lift plate. I am the person that worked with Kerry to template, build and test the plate. The original aluminum plate gets chewed up from the leveling screws. A 1/16" makes the difference as to whether your PF gets chewed up behind targets that drop too low or not.

#17 8 years ago

Axl, how long would Kerry need to hang on the the ramp?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I have 1 I can send to Kerry.
I'll email him in the morning & let him know its coming.

Thank you for the project contribution. I was going to offer my ramp, as my machine is down right now anyway -- just received wireforms back from Chestnut, just received all new plastics from Australia, plastics scanned and waiting on PETG protectors from Pinbits, and still waiting on Cliffy to template the NOS playfield we sent him for protectors.... Needless to say, my machine is taken apart right now....

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard101:

Is it too late to put in for one more set? If not, put me on the list.
Mike

Mike,
Once Kerry templates the original ramp, he'll be able to make you one, even if you miss out in the initial order. I would imagine that the goal of 10 orders was to get him motivated. I'd expect his initial run to be 2 or 3 time that so he should have inventory on hand.

4 months later
#34 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone else has noticed a divot to the ramp diverter when they went to install the ramp... The soft metal diverter on my machine seems to be taking a bit of a hit on the edge of the ramp. See pictures. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Perhaps approach Kerry to make us a stronger SS diverter.

between the target lift plate, ramp and now the diverter, this machine can be preserved... if we use stronger SS materials.

Mantis_-_a_SS_diverter_perhaps_(resized).jpgMantis_-_a_SS_diverter_perhaps_(resized).jpg

Possible_Mantis_diverter_2_(resized).jpgPossible_Mantis_diverter_2_(resized).jpg

#36 7 years ago

So, I just pitched the idea of fabricating a stainless diverter to Kerry, thinking it would be nice to bundle with the ramp.

I was shocked when he told me that of the 10+ people who all committed to the pre-order to get him to build the ramp, that he ultimately only received a total of 4 orders. Heck, I committed to ordering two ramps and gave one to a friend.

Kerry told me that because of this, he's rather turned off on any future PM projects...

This is real disappointing to hear. Kerry is a hobbyist just like us and without him, our hobby suffers. I'd hope that anyone who didn't fulfill their obligation to purchase would step-up and do what's right...

-Brian

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-list-mantis-pinball-magic-stage-ramp?tu=bstyles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.