Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Possible_Mantis_diverter_2_(resized).jpg
Mantis_-_a_SS_diverter_perhaps_(resized).jpg
c835b052306a475e7f1321fd515e638f_(resized).jpg
74_007074_3_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

Calling all Pinball Magic owners!

My Pinball Magic Stage ramp broke, and looking at the quality, it is not very solid.
This ramp is unobtanium right now, but Kerry from Mantis can make a new and improved one
if he gets 10 confirmed buyers. He is guessing that the price will be around 90$.

Please either PM me or shout out if you want to be on the list.

74_007074_3_(resized).jpg74_007074_3_(resized).jpg

Axl

#2 8 years ago

Interest List:

01: Axl
02: TecumsehPlissken
03: bstyles X2
05: Jgaltr56
06: murdock
07: blubboman
08: Methos
09: Magicchiz
10: Pinball_Freak
11: dawasa

SilverUnicorn (maybe?)

#3 8 years ago

Put me down for two - already told my buddy he has to purchase one also - have to support those who support the hobby!

Also trying to notify our local Florida group about this topic.

And tell Kerry to offer ramp customers the stainless 5-target lift plate as a combo purchase!!!

#4 8 years ago

Great to hear bstyles!

I will talk to him, i know that the 5-target lift plate he made is not a hot seller.
But maybe we can convince him with 10 buyers.

Axl

#5 8 years ago

I'm in for a stage ramp and 5 target lift plate

#6 8 years ago

I am also in for a stage ramp and 5 target lift plate. thanks

#7 8 years ago

Great to hear you are in Jgaltr56 and murdock!

Axl

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Great to hear bstyles!
I will talk to him, i know that the 5-target lift plate he made is not a hot seller.
But maybe we can convince him with 10 buyers.
Axl

Everyone needs to inspect their target lift plate. I am the person that worked with Kerry to template, build and test the plate. The original aluminum plate gets chewed up from the leveling screws. A 1/16" makes the difference as to whether your PF gets chewed up behind targets that drop too low or not.

#9 8 years ago

Only 3 more, and we are go!

Axl

#10 8 years ago

I have a pm. I have a hard time replacing parts that are not broken though. I am on a disability fixed income. I will look though tomorrow or Saturday. If my pf is being damaged I will consider joining in and buying the combo package. That is if the price sum is affordable.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I have a pm. I have a hard time replacing parts that are not broken though. I am on a disability fixed income. I will look though tomorrow or Saturday. If my pf is being damaged I will consider joining in and buying the combo package. That is if the price sum is affordable.

I dont have pictures of it, but my ramp on the PM was welded by someone, and i dont know what they did, but the ramp
has eaten into the playfield on the right side of the ramp.

Axl

#12 8 years ago

I'm in, I need a full set.

#13 8 years ago

Im in and interested. Put me down and keep me informed.
THanks
Magicchiz

#14 8 years ago

Please add me to list. I would like both if available. Please advise of progress or PM me when ready to ship, assuming these will ship to Aust.

Cheers,
Pinball_freak

#15 8 years ago

Please add me to the list for both items.

#16 8 years ago

We reached our minimum buyers in 3 days!

I have talked to Kerry, and he can ship anywhere, so that is no problem.
He now needs a ramp to start making it, either a broken one, or a new one.
I live in Norway, so shipping will be expensive and take time.
If somebody else has a ramp already out, or i backup it would be greatly appreciated.
If not, i will send mine.

Axl

#17 8 years ago

Axl, how long would Kerry need to hang on the the ramp?

#18 8 years ago

I have 1 I can send to Kerry.

I'll email him in the morning & let him know its coming.

#19 8 years ago

Axl,
Our PM Stage Ramp is on its way to Kerry & he has replied to my email.

I'll post again when I get a progress report from Kerry.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

I have 1 I can send to Kerry.
I'll email him in the morning & let him know its coming.

Thank you for the project contribution. I was going to offer my ramp, as my machine is down right now anyway -- just received wireforms back from Chestnut, just received all new plastics from Australia, plastics scanned and waiting on PETG protectors from Pinbits, and still waiting on Cliffy to template the NOS playfield we sent him for protectors.... Needless to say, my machine is taken apart right now....

#21 8 years ago

A huge thank you to everybody for mayking this happen, and a thank to all the people who wanted to send their ramps to Kerry.
A special thanks to Pin_-_K for sending his ramp to Kerry.
I am looking forward to seeing and playing the result!

Axl

#22 8 years ago

Is it too late to put in for one more set? If not, put me on the list.

Mike

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballWizard101:

Is it too late to put in for one more set? If not, put me on the list.
Mike

Mike,
Once Kerry templates the original ramp, he'll be able to make you one, even if you miss out in the initial order. I would imagine that the goal of 10 orders was to get him motivated. I'd expect his initial run to be 2 or 3 time that so he should have inventory on hand.

#24 8 years ago

As bstyles says, this was just to encourage and get Kerry to make the ramp. Once it is made, you will be able to order it freely.
But hopefully he will make a special price with the drop target plate.

Axl

#25 8 years ago

Good to hear. I don't need one right now, but I like to purchase items like this when they are available. Because I I have waited until I need one and of course they aren't available anymore.

1 month later
#26 8 years ago

Any chance of making other ramps for more machines?i have a party zone and all the ramps are good.i'm just looking down the road when mine break.A lot of people need them.thanks

#27 8 years ago

I would be in for a set.
John Magicchiz

#28 8 years ago

I'll be in for a set if the list is still open.

#29 8 years ago

Hi,

Kerry had a problem with the ramp, so there is a delay on the production. But I guess it will be ready very soon.

As soon as he makes the ramp, it will be possible to order it for everybody.

Axl

2 weeks later
#30 8 years ago

c835b052306a475e7f1321fd515e638f_(resized).jpgc835b052306a475e7f1321fd515e638f_(resized).jpg

The ramp is done :

http://www.mantisamusements.com/pinballmagicparts.htm

Here is the information straight from Kerry:

However I’m leaving on spring break in a few minutes so I will not be able to ship any until April 5th.

Orders for this ramp taken on April 5th and April 6th will be eligible for a $ 5.00 lifter plate in aluminum or stainless. But only for those 2 days.

Kerry

So get your orders in now!

Axl

#31 8 years ago

Ordered. Thanks!

#32 8 years ago

So if we order right now do we get the same deal. Or do I have to wait til April 5th?
Magicchiz

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

So if we order right now do we get the same deal. Or do I have to wait til April 5th?
Magicchiz

That's what I assumed when I sent the email.

1 month later
#34 7 years ago

Wondering if anyone else has noticed a divot to the ramp diverter when they went to install the ramp... The soft metal diverter on my machine seems to be taking a bit of a hit on the edge of the ramp. See pictures. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this? Perhaps approach Kerry to make us a stronger SS diverter.

between the target lift plate, ramp and now the diverter, this machine can be preserved... if we use stronger SS materials.

Mantis_-_a_SS_diverter_perhaps_(resized).jpgMantis_-_a_SS_diverter_perhaps_(resized).jpg

Possible_Mantis_diverter_2_(resized).jpgPossible_Mantis_diverter_2_(resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Wondering if anyone else has noticed a divot to the ramp diverter when they went to install the ramp...

Haha if anyone has looked at that diverter, they've noticed it for sure; Very common.

#36 7 years ago

So, I just pitched the idea of fabricating a stainless diverter to Kerry, thinking it would be nice to bundle with the ramp.

I was shocked when he told me that of the 10+ people who all committed to the pre-order to get him to build the ramp, that he ultimately only received a total of 4 orders. Heck, I committed to ordering two ramps and gave one to a friend.

Kerry told me that because of this, he's rather turned off on any future PM projects...

This is real disappointing to hear. Kerry is a hobbyist just like us and without him, our hobby suffers. I'd hope that anyone who didn't fulfill their obligation to purchase would step-up and do what's right...

-Brian

#37 7 years ago

I will be placing an order for one today. Please also update the PM club thread, if you haven't done so already.

#39 7 years ago

I just placed my order & I was one of the ones who pledged to buy , sorry it took me so long to get around to it mine isn't broken so wasn't a priority with me ....was just gonna pick it up as an improved version spare anyways I ordered a stainless lift plate as well

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-list-mantis-pinball-magic-stage-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.