You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Just tallying interest in this soon to be Stern pin!

#7 9 years ago

I added a poll.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure why they would do a non-current license though.

Movie is apparently timeless and hits all demographics despite age and gender. Most pinheads gobbling up Stern titles now grew up with this film. Literally for most of our lives now!

License should be inexpensive and this theme would lend itself well to a pinball design.

Talks will commence if popularity is there, which, it is.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

UFF. Sure cause ILM retouching classic movies has gone over so so well.

Even Sharknado was entertaining with lower budget cgi sharks. Imagine what Steven could do with his resources.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Would NEED a lcd display...

That's the plan.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They wouldn't. OP should probably change the subject to "theoretical" instead of "upcoming". Very misleading.

Trust. Primary ingredient in any relationship.

image-583.jpgimage-583.jpg

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

But better than Phantasm 2.

No way! I loved that street machine in phantasm 2!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Ghostbusters. End thread.

See you next Tuesday.

Been done. Next?

#41 9 years ago

Next time you direct a family guy episode, should say:

Director

Debbie Downer.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yay, you can spell your name!

GREG! ALEX! Behave or I will turn this car around!

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just don't get where that Pretty in Pink dig was coming from. Absolutely unprovoked. If you're trying to imply that I'm a John Hughes fan, then - guilty…but I'm more of a Weird Science/Ferris Bueller/Breakfast Club fan. If you were trying to imply something else for some reason, then eat a bag of shark dicks.

Shark dicks....

Uh....well, uhm. Hmmm. I just...

I got nuthin'.

But it fits in this thread I guess.

#80 9 years ago

Demographic spans all generations. I played this on Blu ray last week and my 9 year old great nephew watched the entire film, not a word. Staring at TV.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Jaws still airs on cable and will celebrate it's 40th anniversary next year. Shark-based shows/documentaries are popular on many channels. Shark Week has a huge fan base, and has been airing for almost 30 years. The great white shark itself is fascinating, no matter what form of media it's in. But I may be wrong.
With the ferocity of a license like Jaws, it would HAVE to be done by Steve Ritchie.

You've pretty much just summed up why Stern is considering this title for next year.

Good job.

#92 9 years ago

Lotta enthusiasm!

Great ideas guys!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's get it done Rick! Another huge seller.

Workin' on it Ice.

#102 9 years ago

Drink to yer leg?

image-44.jpgimage-44.jpg

#108 9 years ago

Oh my GAWD! I'm being totally cereal!

image-612.jpgimage-612.jpg

#123 9 years ago

image-355.jpgimage-355.jpg

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

"You have city hands... you've been counting money your whole life..."

"HEY I DON'T NEED THIS WORKING CLASS HERO CRAP!"

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Doing timeless themes is a good idea

Well, you're correct on that one point.

I enjoyed the other films, but they are not as popular as this movie, and none are celebrating their 40th anniversary next year.

#152 9 years ago

September 2015.

#165 9 years ago

image-814.jpgimage-814.jpg

Chalkboard drawing from quint. Awesome tat!

#171 9 years ago

Before.

1 month later
#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

If this theme is done properly it's gonna rock.

Stern will be well into using new color LCD by next fall, so unless Stern REALLY screws up the pf design, the modes have practically already been written!

Chrissy attack.

Kintner boy.

The amatuer hunters.

Quint mode.

Out to sea.

Hunt the shark.

Final Brody battle.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Only seen jaws once and wasn't real impressed with it. I'm sure I'm in the minority.
Looks like it has a good following here, so for my fellow pinsiders, I hope it gets made.

Yes. Yes you are. Now you will have to spend three days watching NOTHING but Jaws and you will report back.

image-381.jpgimage-381.jpg

#186 9 years ago

Bumped up to serious contender for next year! Excited! Will have color LCD display, stern next gen hardware!!

1 week later
#216 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What makes you think so?

Uh, no. Muppets has little appeal to Sterns demographic.

#220 9 years ago

Poll is indefinite. Shouldn't be closed.

#222 9 years ago

I was asked to clarify about sterns demographic.

David has been pondering more adult themes, trying to get pinball back to its roots as the 'bad boy' of gaming. Family friendly is great, but since most buyers are now in the 28 and up 90% male sector, muppets is not a hot potential title.

After monitoring the WOZ theme, and it's even more better selling alternatives, WOZ wasn't actually a strong license. Market share could have supported a much higher sales increase with a more male oriented title. Also, subsequent popularity of the hobbit title and previous garnered interest in it were much greater than WOZ polls, regardless of design release at that time.

So, in a nutshell, stern pinball is interested in pursuing more aggressive licenses along with more diverse design and licensing.

Recent development of other 'darker' titles compared to routinely family friendly titles has been much more popular ( ie: preorder madness) than anticipated. Stern is looking to garner stronger market share.

#224 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Only jack and underlord did not know there are thousands of themes better selling then woz.

Me? Just a messenger man.

I actually own a WOZECLE, fun game. Theme? Meh.

#226 9 years ago

Actually that virtual pin is pretty cool. Orca callouts are monotonous, but otherwise pretty good.

#229 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OK, so this is what's bumping me....Stern is pretty secretive about upcoming games. They don't like it when their guys spill secrets. If you're buddies with someone at Stern and casually giving away one of their upcoming themes - I think you and/or him would get chewed out and told to zip it....but you keep talking about it as though it's a sure thing....which makes me think it's not.

Then I'll stop. Not really involved anyways. Just thought I'd pass along what I've been informed of.

Besides, you're correct in that someone could get in trouble.

Or...

Stern is playing me for a Pinside fool. I never really thought of that angle. So I think either way I really should just stop being a parrot.

Great point Greg. Besides, I never really wanted to get this involved with this Stern super secret stuff anyways. I have a family and a full time career to focus on, and as Pinside IS fun, it's not worth getting my friend in trouble over.

#231 9 years ago

No, Greg isn't that influential, trust me. I have been mulling this over for awhile. The latest canned info release I got seemed way too staged to be one friend emailing another. I'm sure Stern is aware of who is doing what and this may be their way of putting feelers out on Pinside without being directly implicated. If my reputation gets destroyed, so what. Stern would just deny involvement and move on I guess.

I also got caught up with this stuff with Wayne on the 2006 MM remakes on RGP. That turned into a shitstorm, and I guess my inquisitive nature along with having friends at Stern got the best of me.

#233 9 years ago

I had a conversation with Guy, told him I felt I was being manipulated a bit. He assured me I wasn't and the 'canned info' I got from him was legit. Seems Gary , David, Jody keep a close eye on Pinside. VERY CLOSE EYE. And they have a very good idea who the mole at Stern is, but since it's actually helping in Sterns marketing strategy Guy isn't worried. Besides, he's got enough talent and education to get a job almost anywhere.

To answer your question Mrclean, yes, 2015 is the 40th Anniversary of Jaws, and Steve Speilberg had plans on nationwide theatrical re-release of the film. Hence Sterns involvement.

#235 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

I'd be up for a Stern JAWS, if it was done right.

No idea who would be doing pf design or programming. Right now license is in talks.

#241 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

While I personally would love a JAWS themed pin, the Muppet license would sell many more games than JAWS.

Wha??? How do you figure that??

#247 9 years ago

Thank you man. That means a lot!

Now who thinks Eddie would rock on a backglass?!

image-522.jpgimage-522.jpg

#249 9 years ago

But that's for another thread. Right now it's all about...

image-987.jpgimage-987.jpg

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from tadowhere:

I'm sure i missed this, but who is GUY? :0(

You didn't miss it.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hey underlord I got an odd request... As an example PPS gave you the ability to order a specific LE number (An up charge) for MMRLE. To my knowledge you cant do that wth Stern... If possible can you send that request into Gary / the Stern team. People (at least I my self) would want certain numbers based on a bunch of various reasons.... Granted some don't care (and would be happy with a randomly generated LE number). I think that would create an additional source of revenue for Stern while people would gladly pay an additional cost for such an option. Think about it they are now cashing in on accessories. It's really a win win as far as I'm concerned more revenue and making end users happier with said option. If this gets implemented please let me know as I know several JAWS numbers I'd want.

Numbers are sent out as built from Stern and as ordered from distro's. It's a factory, plain and simple. Would be great to order specific numbers, but not feasible. I ordered the moment TWD was announced, but got #324. Would love to get #1-10, but oh well.

Best way to go about it is go down the distro list on stern website, contact each one and see what #'s they can get. Start with Trent and JJ first, then work from there, as they are the largest domestic distro's afaik.

#257 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I appreciate the quick response but I have no clue who Trent or JJ are. What I can tell you is just like on eBay with the "buy it now" button I'll do literally just that once JAWS is officially announced.

Ok.

JJ runs Game Exchange of Colorado. Trent runs Tilt Amusements.

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A distributor can request specific numbers from Stern.

It's all about timing. IF he called a distro in time, and IF the distro called Stern in time, then maybe.

#262 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The potential market for a Muppets themed pin is much greater. Far greater reach outside the U.S.

Don't know how old you are, but the Muppets was an ok tv show, not over the top great. Too many Schtick jokes and kid humor.

Jaws was a blockbuster film made by one of the greatest directors of our generation , with three A list academy award winning actors starring in it. No comparo man.

Not sayin' a Muppets pin would never be made, but man, it would not sell well. At least Stern has ONE customer.

Stern is going in a more adult oriented direction, but that doesn't mean they can't make as many fam friendly titles as they want too.

Next year is Jaws 40th anniversary, and lots of folks will hopefully be going to theaters to see this classic, so Stern is in talks about the license is all. Heck, may never happen. You never know.

#274 9 years ago

Greg, are you a closet Jaws fan? The more you deny it, the more we see the signs it's true.

License is being discussed, that's all.

Adult themed pins sell. T&A sells. Gore sells. But family friendly sells too. SMB comes to mind.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My feeling is that if you're going to go "classic" or "retro" with a movie, there are tons of bigger and more attractive titles that would work better for pinball.

I agree with this point. There are a shit ton of bigger and badder based on individual preferences.
I spoke with lots of folks about theme, some ADORE Jaws, others, like yourself, who could care less. In the end it's Stern's decision what may sell or not. Pinside is definitely a feeler guage for demographic of what themes have potential.

Poll shows a strong lead for title. *

*I voted for title 200 times myself. Bwahahaha.

#302 9 years ago

This entire thread is all good. Plenty of discussion, which was the point of it.

Love it, hate it, indifferent to it. Feedback is good.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just learned on another thread that pinball is all about nostalgia now. Not just with old machines, but the new ones too. I guess I missed something. Maybe the boat. Maybe time to find another hobby.

Boy Odin, you're just a barrel O happiness today. Everything cool?

1 week later
#313 9 years ago

image-924.jpgimage-924.jpgimage-419.jpgimage-419.jpgGuy at Stern requested a hint to an upcoming title be thrown into TWDLE.

image-186.jpgimage-186.jpg

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

that's enough evidence for me...sending in my deposit now...

Never too early Cosmo?

'Once we get them silly bastards into the those rock piles there'll be some fun they'll wish their fathers had never met their mothers when they start slamming their bottoms out and piling into them rocks boy '

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I thought it was zombie Quint at first due to the mustache and sideburns.

Missing eye and mouth agape were dead giveaways.

Guess Stern is taking Jaws as a serious contender for if not next then second to next title. ( doubt it would be next).

#319 9 years ago

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That Zombie has Quint sideburns.

In 1975 they all had quint sideburns!

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Zach Galifianakis, Burt Reynolds, Steven Seagal to star in the Jaws remake ?

image.jpg 88 KB

image-778.jpg 22 KB

Awesome. Must see cast.
image-589.jpg 69 KB

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Which one of those 3 fat bastards is playing the shark?

I just covered my screen with coffee. DAMN YOU COSMO!

#333 9 years ago

What's funny is 40 years later anyone anywhere says these quotes and someone in the room chuckles or has a 'oh yeah.' Moment.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They won't miss the boat on Jaws... See what I did there !?

image-593.jpg 56 KB

Yeah I'll keep the line going. YOU COME OUT HERE AND CHUM SOME OF THIS SHIT!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

c'mon, that's not even close
"you heard him...slow ahead....................slow ahead, I can go slow ahead....why don't you come down here and chum some of this shit..."

Line meaning thread. But yeah. Too abstract, lost its meaning.

I like the original much better.

#351 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern is not making Jaws...... Give me a break.

That'll just be your little secret.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Grand Moff Tarkin!

Star Wars 7 comes out summer 2015. Stern pinball will have multiple lines going at the new factory location, which means multiple titles will be available for release during the calendar year.

Think outside the 'one at a time' box now. Star Wars is a probability, and so is Jaws, and so is Iron Maiden. Unless David @ stern wants just two titles released to maximize sales.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Actually I was referring to Peter Cushing, the actor in the movie he posted, who also played Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars.

Ah. Mnpinball's vid of zombie nazis from the swamp. Got it. Thought you were loosely referencing SW. My bad.

1 week later
#363 9 years ago

Word now is : IM, ( 50%), Kiss, ( 50%), Jaws ( David likes it, Gary does not),
Guardians of the Galaxy ( some distance away). fam friendly title also like Star Wars also.

Possible third choice is Game Of Thrones.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I'm hoping for Jaws too...

I'm pushing for it.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Everyone gets old there's no shame in that.

I don't. Not sure I like what you're implying as far as age there, Hazoff...

Stoopid genetics....

#371 9 years ago

Thank you. I was so excited by the trailer I thought I saw May 2015.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just joking. I turned 40 in Sept.

Was hoping you were joking.

You're 40? No shame in that. I'm 48, so I guess we're both geezers now.

2 weeks later
#384 9 years ago

2015 is gonna be another interesting year for Stern pinball. Aww yeah...

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

my all-time favorite movie...if done well, Id buy it for sure. It would be great to find a way to do an homage to the killer shark video game that is in the movie.
And they'd have to get this image into it somehow:

help jaws.jpg 36 KB

You see this Martin? Sick vandalism! I want these kids strung up by their Buster Browns!image-903.jpgimage-903.jpg

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

My TSPP is going right to market if/when JAWS is announced. That's the only way I'll be able to justify their NIB pricing.

Lots of folks (others not on Pinside), Are really ready to invest in this title. Stern is still up in the air over it, so many good current movies out this year.

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

So if they haven't started working on it where does that put it if it is to be made? 2016?
I thought the point was to tie into the 40th Anniversary. Jaws was released June 1st 1975.

shark.jpg 10 KB

Good question. Only Gary, David know for sure.

Lots of times a pin was designed without a direct theme. B/W changed themes on pf finished designs quite a few times.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Jaws is not one of the 3 new pins that will be coming out next.

Yeah. It isn't. Probably not gonna happen guys.

#400 9 years ago

I gave up trying to talk sense into corporate Stern. Oh well. Good luck with muppets, kiss, and bankruptcy.

At least I'll be able to save money for the next year. OY...

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

No Jaws = No Sale.
Oh well.
I can tell you one thing, I will never buy a pin based on a band. When I was younger and the compact disc format came out I bought several of my favorite albums on CD's and marveled with headphones how clean this new media process was. I must have listened to those CD's a hundred too many times. Beautiful.
To this day I can not listen to any of those CD tracks with out trepidation because I made myself so sick of them. I imagine a music based pin would do the same and owning one would be a mistake for me.

That is a true human nature analogy. Also one of the only reasons I will also not buy a band pin.

Stern WAS on the right track with out of the box licensing and adult themes, guess they gotta catch the next train to Brokesville with a stop at Bad Judgement Junction...

I tried. Sorry guys.

#404 9 years ago

Got a shit ton of interest in this title, again. Will contact Stern for round 2.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#407 9 years ago

On the Stern website there is a contact link. Just let them know you want Jaws to be made in line up. Simple. No long stories needed.

JJP can take customer feedback, so can Stern.

TWD started as a 'rumor' in 2010. Then got steam as corporate brass heard it mentioned and office of a select person got loaded with TWD merchandise.

Jaws is a fun, adult oriented, timeless theme based off of a primal human fear of being devoured.

Why not have it in your home?

#419 9 years ago

There are pinsiders who have sacrificed their time and energy to help keep this project grounded. They have tried to make sure that they, playing the 'devils advocate', to help us remain focused and provide us with a sense of how Stern, JJP, Heighway, may think of just a few collectors trying to have their voices heard in a larger corporate structure, may encounter with not thinking of what 'Average Joe' may want in the home collection.

Rob, Greg, Your sacrifice shall not be in vain my friends. I shall lobby Stern in your names and hit that contact button with vigor and purpose.

image-379.jpgimage-379.jpg

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Don't forget Maiden as well but with new system.

Maiden would rock. Eddie edition.

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Rick, I'm getting tired of even the thought of Jaws.....and yet they move towards Muppets, WWE and Kiss.
Wtf, I'm voting "none of the above"........

Fair vote Ice. As none of the above will probably be going into my collection. Jaws cuz they won't, the rest cuz I won't. I'm not even getting return responses now. Oh well.

Time to start saving my dough for that supercharger for my challenger and top end for my Monte Carlo.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

If anyone is ever interested in a NIB Mcfarlane Jaws, hit me up with trade ideas.
The box has seen better days. Been moving this thing around for 13 or 14 years now.

image.jpg 196 KB

You mean 13 or 14 months? That is about what, 2011, 2012?

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Bottom of the box...

image.jpg 90 KB

image-837.jpg 90 KB

Holy crapfest batman!! I didn't think these were that old! Wow!

3 months later
#450 9 years ago

Looks like Stern gave us a Jaws Easter egg.

#451 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Happy Easter to you too Stern.

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

I'm thinking you might have a bit of tunnel vision on the Jaws thing.

But, but, it's a Jaws egg.

What exactly are you trying to say here?

#461 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

pinch you are dating your self old man

Actually Pinchroma is still in his thirties. Iirc.

#462 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I can already hear the gentle lapping of the night time tide working the shoreline and the soft ding of a buoy beyond the break... coming from this pin!

Now THAT would be attract sounds!

1 month later
#467 8 years ago

Possible something may be showing up for its 40th anniversary.

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from smokey_789:

Stern: "For ten thousand, we'll bring you the head, the tail, the whole damn thing."

Haha. By Christmas. 10k that is.

I see what you did there.

#479 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I can't imagine Stern going back-to-back 40 year old themes.

Why not?

Everyone on the planet has seen it. Most love it. I work with 6 twenty something's, they all dig it.

#481 8 years ago

There ya go.

Stern will build it. We shall enjoy it.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#485 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#486 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#487 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#489 8 years ago

Getting funds ready for Orca LE.

#491 8 years ago

Wow, Bowie was socking up that man-hammock.

I'm sure there will be more Jaws hints coming from Stern soon enough gang.

#494 8 years ago

I see Greg is really putting his 'disagree' button to good use...

John Somebody rules!!

I'm teasin ya Greg... Stick to your regular aggressive. Passive aggressive isn't your style.

One a serious note: Mentioned again that this pin would look great in theaters!! Just sayin Stern.

#497 8 years ago

Grow a sense of humor. It's not personal. I never said I have Sterns ear, I just keep bringing it up to them.

Wanna talk personal? You've called BS on everything I've said since I mentioned I had a friend at Stern. Fine. Don't care whether you believe me or not. Besides, thumbs-downing everyone of my posts you find is kinda childish, but that's the Internet for ya.

I was poking fun at you using John, I'll stop since you're too sensitive about it. I'm not one to personally attack.

Don't like it? Please, PLEASE feel free to hit the ignore since I'm so horrible. Somehow I'll survive. I've used smiley faces, I've outright said I was teasing.

Know what? I'll take the high road here.

Plonk.

And we're walking, we're walking...

#503 8 years ago

And so it begins...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#515 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I swear when I was a kid and watched Jaws 2, there was a scene where Brody called Hooper on the phone and discussed the new situation with him. Just a little cameo from Dreyfuss. Years later when I watched it again, no such scene. Was it a cut scene I saw on the TV version? I never read any info about Dreyfuss making a cameo and it getting cut, but I swear I remember that scene.

You're not losing your mind. I saw that scene too. Only for tv though. Don't know why. Didn't see Dreyfuss in it though.

#516 8 years ago
2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#526 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

They have a great agent.

Lmao.

2 weeks later
#543 8 years ago

Dude, that poster is awesome! Love it!

#545 8 years ago

Even better! How does he do the things he does....

1 month later
#552 8 years ago

Soooo... With the release of GoT, NOW who wants Jaws?

#555 8 years ago

Yep. Orca and shark on mini pf, blue water colored main pf, Town of Amity and surrounding areas on pf, heck, even photoshopped Quint, Brody and Hoopa in artwork.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, even if Stern pulls a half assed effort like they did with GOT, I would still buy an LE.

I was thinking the same thing! Im in on an LE even if it's like GoT. Hard title to screw up, unless the shark is JabberJaw.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are the rumors true that Stern didn't want to pay up to use the original Jaws shark audio / visual assets and that they are actively attempting to record generic shark audio clips 150 miles off the coast of Maui?
Supposedly they have a similar looking boat to that used in Jaws that has microphones all over it and a Quinn stand-up but so far no sharks have jumped and smashed the boat.

LMAO. So cheap it'll cost 'em a million more.

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

This is my JAWS bathroom I just finished

jb7.jpg jb6.jpg jb4.jpg jb8.jpg jb5.jpg jb2.jpg jb1.jpg

Omg! I love it! Just when you thought it was safe to dump into the water...

Now you sir, are my kind of zealot!

Quoted from mrclean:

A few days ago Stern Pinball posted that generic black image for a day (Which ultimately turned into a GOT announcement).... The random black chalkboard image which was perceived by a few folks I was hoping it would turn into something like this...
JAWS_STERN-POSTER.png

Mr Clean, did you make that ad?? Wow!

#572 8 years ago

F*cking Jabberwocky! Lol.

Those are beyond awesome. Damn.

8 months later
#579 7 years ago

Let's push the envelope on this! I KNOW Stern reads Pinside!

1 month later
#580 7 years ago

Sooo...

I bugged Stern again in an email, mentioning Spooky Pinball may have interest in the license.

Just causing trouble!

2 years later
#583 5 years ago

Another shark week, another missed Jaws pin opportunity. Even the movie Meg looks fun.

1 year later
#597 3 years ago

Well...I’m just gonna recycle this thread here.

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is there reason to be optimistic this title is up for release soon?

Just optimism. Heard K’s podcast, got me excited for any news or mention.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The rumor is that Jaws would drop ~Q1 2021. Cornerstone title, Jaws name and shark only (no actors). Not sure about music. Includes an ‘intricate mech.’
The code would mirror JP with using the name and general plot vs. specific characters. Keith Elwin’s name was mentioned as speculation only.
Jaws would be a dream theme for me, but I’ll wait to see how the theme is integrated. I’m initially turned off by lack of actor assets, but Stern has proven to be very creative when working around limitations. We’ll see.

And not to ‘jump the shark’ here, but there are always assets in our community to enhance poor voice acting and lack of actor integration ( looking at you, TWD!).

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Awesome. I’m about a half dozen podcasts behind on K. I need to catch up.
I’d enjoy an adult oriented shark pin. Could be interesting to animate. They’d use stock movie footage or animate or a bit of both (or no rumor on that aspect yet)?

I’d be beyond thrilled for having the three protagonists in the pin, but if I gotta settle for the Orca, Amity island and other aspects, there is stuff there to work with.

I did like how they did the JP workaround.

#609 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

You sure about that? Pinball browser has been locked out in the recent code.

I heard. Sure there are work arounds.

2 years later
#611 10 months ago

So… pinball party and TPS podcasts both confirmed Jaws is ‘most likely’ the pin Keith has already finished for his next title.

Zach mentioned that the employees that played it at Sterns ‘test’ arcade all loved it. Nothing lukewarm about this Elwin design. It’s in Godzilla territory…allegedly.

https://www.podbean.com/ei/pb-frcyu-1427d5f

48:54 minutes in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.