You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Heard nothing about it, but it could be an interesting theme. Not sure why they would do a non-current license though.

They wouldn't. OP should probably change the subject to "theoretical" instead of "upcoming". Very misleading.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Trust. Primary ingredient in any relationship.

Seriously? This is pure speculation. No way they'd do Jaws. There are a billion other 80's properties that are way more popular & would sell a ton of machines.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

what other 80's theme can you think of that would make a better table?

Ghostbusters. End thread.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

I have a feeling your a pretty in pink kind of guy..

See you next Tuesday.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Been done. Next?

One off doesn't count.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

LOL! For those of you that don't get that his response is this:
C
U
N(ext)
T(uesday)

Yay, you can spell your name!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow are you creative With all the fairly ambiguous 70's/80's/pop culture references in FG, your choice in 80's pins is weak.

I just don't get where that Pretty in Pink dig was coming from. Absolutely unprovoked. If you're trying to imply that I'm a John Hughes fan, then - guilty…but I'm more of a Weird Science/Ferris Bueller/Breakfast Club fan. If you were trying to imply something else for some reason, then eat a bag of shark dicks.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

A great idea that will never happen. Universal studios even tore out their Jaws exhibit some time ago.

They still have the Jaws part on the studio tour...where the shark pops out of the water right next to the tram.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No it's gone. Replaced with Harry Potter.

I just went like a week ago. Universal California still has Jaws.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ahh florida one is gone. Haven't been to the california one since i was a wee lad.

The Harry Potter stuff is still being built here….I don't think it replaced anything important…the Doc Brown Fried Chicken place is the only thing I noticed that was gone lol. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem just replaced T2: 3D …was kinda bummed to see that go, despite how aged it was.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Ghostbusters has already been done as a one off.

So in other words, it's never been done.

Quoted from wayout440:

Evil Dead trilogy you name as timeless? Introduced in 2013, we have a long time yet to tell if this is as "timeless" as the Jaws blockbuster. I don't think so.

LOL, Evil Dead Trilogy are 80s/90s movies. Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness.

1 month later
#201 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm kind of surprised by all the fan fare. I'm a HUGE movie buff.....seen/see just about everything.
I thought JAWS kind of sucked when I was a kid (It looked like a giant animatronic shark too me )
I think it looks even dumber now. But apparently that's just me.
Enjoy it, I'll pass.

I watched it for the first time a few years ago….I fell asleep before the end. Did they kill the shark? I'm guessing they killed the shark.

Also, there's no way Stern is making a Jaws pin. No way. So…this thread is funny.

#203 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

"Smile you son of a bitch" is one of the most iconic movie lines... Watch it in it's entirety ! Also I think it actually can happen considering Gary Stern said NO to Walking Dead meanwhile its a huge hit for them.

Yeah but Walking Dead is a huge pop culture thing right now….I don't see Stern going retro with movies…I dunno, if it happens, say "I told ya so!"

#227 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Me? Just a messenger man.

OK, so this is what's bumping me....Stern is pretty secretive about upcoming games. They don't like it when their guys spill secrets. If you're buddies with someone at Stern and casually giving away one of their upcoming themes - I think you and/or him would get chewed out and told to zip it....but you keep talking about it as though it's a sure thing....which makes me think it's not.

1 week later
#263 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not sayin' a Muppets pin would never be made, but man, it would not sell well. At least Stern has ONE customer.

The anti-Muppets crowd baffles me. How did you get into this bubble where The Muppets aren't relevant? They've been around over 30 years. Muppets are appealing to all ages & genders. They're iconic. They're funny. The magic and brand of Jim Henson is up there with Disney (and now Disney owns it lol). As a license it would have the potential to be the next TSPP.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Because nobody under 40 gives a rat's ass about a movie that is 39 years old.

Well...Wizard of Oz....lol...but again, multi-demographic family favorite.

The only reason I could see Jaws doing well is due to the current shark fad...Sharknado, Shark Week, Ghost Shark, etc...I could maybe see it doing well on location due to that.

Still, don't think it'll ever happen.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't have kids. But I know exactly what they are into these days:
1) Minions
2) Frozen
3) Minecraft
4) Tablets
5) Legos
I bring up the kid angle as that's the only reason to even CONSIDER a Muppets pin. If the game exists solely for the interest of the parents a) the parents won't spend the money b) why not get a more adult game?
Disclaimer: Watched all the Muppet movies and shows as a kid. 33 years ago.
I also don't think Jaws is that great of a theme [for a pinball] they'd be safer with Jurassic World all the 20-30 something "new money adults" worship that f'ing movie.

Adults love Muppets, too. It's not just for the kids. Multi-generational appeal.

That being said, Minions would be the #1 worldwide recognized, multi-generational, multi-gender license to get. Everyone loves those f*ckers.

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Greg, are you a closet Jaws fan? The more you deny it, the more we see the signs it's true.
License is being discussed, that's all.
Adult themed pins sell. T&A sells. Gore sells. But family friendly sells too. SMB comes to mind.

Adult themed pins with some level of currentness sell. Say what you will about AC/DC and Metallica - but they're still current with new albums, tours, movies, etc. Walking Dead is current and hot. Sopranos was current. Family Guy was current.

But Jaws? I dunno. My feeling is that if you're going to go "classic" or "retro" with a movie, there are tons of bigger and more attractive titles that would work better for pinball. I mean, if I'm just thinking of the music while you're playing…the Jaws music is really slow and suspenseful - doesn't really work for pinball. Sure, they could do an original more upbeat score, but would that work against the theme?

1 month later
#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

To this day I can not listen to any of those CD tracks with out trepidation because I made myself so sick of them. I imagine a music based pin would do the same and owning one would be a mistake for me.

Yeah and the "Da-Duh...Da-Duh...Da-duh" Jaws theme wouldn't get old AT ALL.

Every pinball machine has a finite soundtrack. Metallica and AC/DC have more music than any pinball machine ever...so the theory that "the music will get old" holds no water. There's more musical variety in those games than any other ever made.

4 months later
#496 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I see Greg is really putting his 'disagree' button to good use...
John Somebody rules!!
I'm teasin ya Greg... Stick to your regular aggressive. Passive aggressive isn't your style.
One a serious note: Mentioned again that this pin would look great in theaters!! Just sayin Stern.

Sorry, just your whole "I'm have Stern's ear and they're doing this cuz of me" routine is obnoxious. It was BS last time, I call BS this time. Stern isn't making Jaws. Also there is no competition between me & my co-workers - getting personal is equally obnoxious.

3 months later
#553 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Soooo... With the release of GoT, NOW who wants Jaws?

You want the GoT artist to tackle it? LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.