You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrclean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 9 years ago

I've been asking for this for a long time... If this pin comes out it would edge that fishtales photo of it being played underwater.

PLEASE STERN MAKE A JAWS PIN! ! ! ! ! !

I've had other ideas for it years ago...
A shark fin on a track that randomly comes up from underneath the playfield. Yellow barrels that float across the playfield with a magnet. 2 video modes: harpoon the shark and shoot the O2 tank. Quint multiball. Shaker motor. Come on...thoughts?

If it's Jaws i'm buying one period. I LOVE JAWS! JLE PLEASE

#115 9 years ago

All I know is John Williams Out to Sea, and the main Theme better be included.

A water ski video mode, you can play as Jaws and munch on the legs while zig zagging with the flippers (or perhaps looking to dodge him). I wonder how did that video game "Jaws unleashed" do ? That came out not that long ago... but much after 1975. When I was down in Universal Studios although the ride is gone they still had the Jaws shark hanging up to take photos, and tons of people had Jaws t-shirts on.

#118 9 years ago

How much money will it take to buy the license... I say we start a kick starter and give it to Stern.

#124 9 years ago

In one of my pin rooms I have all pins that are either rides / or attractions in Orlando, FL (Universal Studios / Disney World) I have room for another 1 or 2 depending on how I space out the games... i.e. Jaws!!! Although they removed the Jaws ride It still just needs to go in that line up. As you can see I also have a Jaws poster on the left.... I'm waiting Stern!!! JAWSLE PLEASE!
DSC07417.JPGDSC07417.JPG

#159 9 years ago

Another JAWS sign hanging up that I have in my VID room.... If a Jaws pin actually happens I'm totally in.
Jaws Sign, Please Stern make a JAWS pinJaws Sign, Please Stern make a JAWS pin

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Let Polly do the printing

I actually have another one that I was going to do, once Stern makes the Jaws pin on a painted piece of plywood with a stud holding it up etc.. using wood / stenciled vinyl.... similar to my wood / vinyl sign for Jurassic Park :

DSC07423.JPGDSC07423.JPG

#166 9 years ago

This vinyl that polly printed will help with the wood sign... vidde-semester.jpgvidde-semester.jpgDSC07425.JPGDSC07425.JPG

1 week later
#174 9 years ago

I was watching JAWS 2 last night... nom nom nom nom.

1 week later
#179 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

I freaking LOOOOVE Jaws!!! I even have this sweet Jaws swim suit

Mmmm, Pinball, Disney, Boobs, Yoshi, Jaws.

2 weeks later
#190 9 years ago

Honestly I don't really care if it has a DMD,color DMD, LCD, etc... So long as the game gets made. Well a holographic display, hmmm My future self already bought this title.

Jaws19-2.jpgJaws19-2.jpg
1 week later
#199 9 years ago

I was watching "IFC" today for a Halloween special which had one shark movie after another JAWS, JAWS 2, JAWS 3 *Dennis Quaid looked soooo young... And Deep Blue Sea followed it. Even in the movie Deep Blue Sea they pay an homage to Jaws with the shark that has the same Louisiana License plate in it's mouth (007 o 981 Exp 72-73). Although still a Rumor if a Jaws pin gets made I'm totally in.
In honor of all the shark movies I watched today... I made a preview flyer poster for one of Sterns games in 2015....
JAWSJAWS

#202 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I watched it for the first time a few years ago….I fell asleep before the end. Did they kill the shark? I'm guessing they killed the shark.
Also, there's no way Stern is making a Jaws pin. No way. So…this thread is funny.

"Smile you son of a bitch" is one of the most iconic movie lines... Watch it in it's entirety ! Also I think it actually can happen considering Gary Stern said NO to Walking Dead meanwhile its a huge hit for them.

#210 9 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Seriously, if two of Stern next pins are Jaws and Iron Maiden they're setting the bar pretty low. Jaws could be pretty cool, but I doubt I would buy one NIB.

I would think big bands / artists like The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith ,Pink Floyd, Greatful Dead, Bob Marley (Tom Petty &The Heartbreakers personal wish) would be pins eventually. It makes sense they have huge success with throw back titles someone mentioned WOZ, The Big Lebowski, Predator etc... I think Jaws would actually do well most people with disposable income grew up with it. On the other end of the spectrum I wonder if they are making a new Jurassic Park World being thats a big release for 2015 box office. They certainly have a tendency to mix up old and new relevant themes which is a good thing. Rumors are swirling about Muppets and while I'm not necessarily a muppets fan per say i think that theme has lots of potential...

#232 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No, Greg isn't that influential, trust me. I have been mulling this over for awhile. The latest canned info release I got seemed way too staged to be one friend emailing another. I'm sure Stern is aware of who is doing what and this may be their way of putting feelers out on Pinside without being directly implicated. If my reputation gets destroyed, so what. Stern would just deny involvement and move on I guess.
I also got caught up with this stuff with Wayne on the 2006 MM remakes on RGP. That turned into a shitstorm, and I guess my inquisitive nature along with having friends at Stern got the best of me.

I really hope your right and that JAWS does get made.... Also next year is the 40th Anniversary correct ?

SternbergSternberg

#243 9 years ago

That and JAWS can likely fit most / if not all of the Muppets inside it's mouth.
Stern Jaws Eating MuppetsStern Jaws Eating Muppets

#253 9 years ago

Hey underlord I got an odd request... As an example PPS gave you the ability to order a specific LE number (An up charge) for MMRLE. To my knowledge you cant do that wth Stern... If possible can you send that request into Gary / the Stern team. People (at least I my self) would want certain numbers based on a bunch of various reasons.... Granted some don't care (and would be happy with a randomly generated LE number). I think that would create an additional source of revenue for Stern while people would gladly pay an additional cost for such an option. Think about it they are now cashing in on accessories. It's really a win win as far as I'm concerned more revenue and making end users happier with said option. If this gets implemented please let me know as I know several JAWS numbers I'd want.

#255 9 years ago

I appreciate the quick response but I have no clue who Trent or JJ are. What I can tell you is just like on eBay with the "buy it now" button I'll do literally just that once JAWS is officially announced.

#283 9 years ago

Jaws still is one of those great movies you can watch over and over and over again... Hopefully the pin has the same effect wanting to play it over and over and over again.

#301 9 years ago

Great read about "50 Reasons Why Jaws Might Just Be The Greatest Film of All Time"
http://whatculture.com/film/50-reasons-why-jaws-might-just-be-the-greatest-film-of-all-time.php

Some of those include;
-John Williams’ Iconic ‘Shark Theme
-Steven Spielberg
-The Flawless Cast
-The Genius of that ‘Vertigo’ Shot
-That Poster
-That Opening Attack
-Produced A Timeless Tagline
-Caused a Downturn In The Beach Holiday Trade
-Brilliant Supporting Cast
-The Cinematography
-Quint’s Death
-Amity Island Poster Vandalism
-Classic Quotes
-The Orca
-Became a Cultural Phenomenon
-Single-Handily Created The First Summer ‘Event’ Movie
-One of The Scariest Movies Ever Made
-One of The Most Re-Watchable Film Ever Made
-Quint
-Bruce
-Best Line Before Putting An End To Your Foe
-Put the ‘Fear’ Into Sharks

And if that's not enough... Taken right from Wikipedia...
"Generally well received by critics, Jaws became the highest-grossing film in history at the time, and it was the most successful motion picture of all time until Star Wars. It won several awards for its soundtrack and editing and is often cited as one of the greatest films of all time. Along with Star Wars, Jaws was pivotal in establishing the modern Hollywood business model, which revolves around blockbuster action and adventure pictures with simple "high-concept" premises that are released during the summer in thousands of theaters and supported by heavy advertising. It was followed by three sequels, none with the participation of Spielberg or Benchley, and many imitative thrillers. In 2001, Jaws was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the United States National Film Registry, being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant".

1 week later
#320 9 years ago

I watched JAWS again on IFC a few days ago... My wife came home and said... "Seriously how many times can you watch Jaws !" ... I responded it's that good.

Underlord will Jaws like Monster Bash instead of Drac Trac, have a shark fin that randomly pops up on the playfield... >?

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

That Zombie has Quint sideburns.

zombie-vs-shark-zombie-2-zombies-shark-sharks-undead-living-demotivational-poster-1249124389.jpgzombie-vs-shark-zombie-2-zombies-shark-sharks-undead-living-demotivational-poster-1249124389.jpg

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

quint4671.jpg 13 KB

Zach Galifianakis, Burt Reynolds, Steven Seagal to star in the Jaws remake ?

image-778.jpgimage-778.jpgimage-589.jpgimage-589.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Honestly...What should Stern Make?
....They missed the boat on Aliens

They won't miss the boat on Jaws... See what I did there !?image-593.jpgimage-593.jpg

#340 9 years ago

Oh yeah and speaking of jaws... When I watched the JP World trailer it had a shark dangling and after that crazy scene where the Dino / alligator hybrid jumps outta the water to nom the shark rigt after it shows "Steven Spielberg" I say that was an homage to Jaws in the new JP4.

#347 9 years ago

I was watching the FSU game on ESPN just now and in the background the school band was playing the John Williams Jaws theme... that's gotta be enough relevance to bump this thread...

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

All the JAWS Hallmark Ornaments are sold out nationwide.
... just sayin'

WOW... so I just Googled this, it was the first time I heard about it and I really dig certain Hallmark Ornaments such as the Pac-Man, Galaga ones... After seeing the Jaws Hallmark Ornament I told my wife how awesome it looked... being she knows I love Jaws, she said DON'T BUY IT! insinuating she already bought it... and than she stated... "It's already in the house!" Stoked! I think it's cool that Hallmark is paying homage to such a great classic. I heard for the 40th (2015) that Spielberg is re-releasing it in theaters possibly in 3D/ Similar to what they did to Jurassic Park for the 20th Anniversary the other year. Any ways I'm not sure if Stern will or won't make this pin obviously It has shown interest and others including myself want it really badly. It would be incredible if they started injecting the possibility of older / classic / cult movies that are still talked about today.

Jaws Hallmark Ornament 2014Jaws Hallmark Ornament 2014

1 week later
#364 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Word now is : IM, ( 50%), Kiss, ( 50%), Jaws ( David likes it, Gary does not),
Guardians of the Galaxy ( some distance away). fam friendly title also like Star Wars also.
Possible third choice is Game Of Thrones.

Iron Maiden blecchh. I'm sorry but literally I would put hundreds of bands before them that deserve / should have pins. What about Led Zeppelin... or The Beatles !??! as Music Pins. Kiss already had a pin, but and although I'm not a huge KISS fan id much rather see a KISS pin well before an Iron Maiden pin just my opinion. Jaws is a timeless classic movie that will be around and recognized forever. Buyers who are between 30yrs old and 60yrs old would be much more inclined to buy a Jaws pin than others listed (outside of Star Wars) Guardians of the Galaxy ? geshh I've seen my share of Marvel pins already I think it would be nice for a change. Star Wars has a ton of potential and it's been done a ton of times, hopefully it's done right when they capitalize on another one... No doubt that title will be a huge success for them... I really hope Jaws happens though.

1 week later
#383 9 years ago

DSC03515.JPGDSC03515.JPGI remember when I went down to Universal Studios I got a nice shot of the shark jumping out of the water on the Jaws ride... sadly I just went back this year and the ride is now gone (because of Harry Potter expansion) and the Shark aka Bruce is hanging up on the dock for you to simply take photos with.

DSC00103.JPGDSC00103.JPGDSC00101.JPGDSC00101.JPG

2 weeks later
#432 9 years ago

You be the judge of Stern's latest Hint on their facebook page in regards to announcing next game at CES... It sure points to Jaws from that photo of hints !!!!

It's JAWS....

Says "Port" as in an ocean port.

I see a "Fin" & "Shark eye"

Also two of the characters in the movie Jaws have glasses, and one has a hat...just like in the facebook photo hmm....// Error: Image 342138 not found //

ALSO!!! The dudes hat which says "CLARO"... if you scramble the words (leaving out the "L"... you get ORCA The name of the boat from JAWS!!!!! // Error: Image 342139 not found //

& WOW how did I forget "STERN" as in the Stern of the boat !!

Very fitting as it's Jaw's 40th anniversary and it's rumored Spielberg is re-releasing it in theaters in 3d this year similar to what they did for JP's 20th anniversary // Error: Image 342142 not found //

1 month later
#446 9 years ago

Wrestler vs. Jaws.... wish the shark would of won... With talks about the next title being a music game KISS, The Who, Aerosmith.. & a VE Tron or LOTR at some point this year... that's going to really reduce the chances of a 40th Anniversary Jaws Pinball. Is Stern making a revamped Jurassic Park World ? or perhaps later in the year Star Wars ?

10943575746_fd1734b4d9.jpg10943575746_fd1734b4d9.jpg

1 month later
#464 9 years ago

tumblr_mvijx0Fnfn1qg8i80o5_1280.jpgtumblr_mvijx0Fnfn1qg8i80o5_1280.jpg

#466 9 years ago

If Noah can build the ark... STERN can build the ORCA. It should certainly be a wide body pin... Simple slogan... from Stern:

"Your gonna need a bigger basement".

12278_6.jpg12278_6.jpg

1 month later
#471 8 years ago

Hmmm.... That would be... June 1st... that's 2 weeks away !

jaws-poster-316x475.jpgjaws-poster-316x475.jpg
#473 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I can't imagine Stern going back-to-back 40 year old themes.

The only thing I can't imagine is not buying JAWS.... can't wait I'm diving right into the deep end on this one ! I want the Amity Island Edition. jaws_40th_anniversary__1975___2015__by_smjblessing-d8kbzof.jpgjaws_40th_anniversary__1975___2015__by_smjblessing-d8kbzof.jpg

#475 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe Stern needs to start re-theming table layouts again (Family Guy / shrek). Kiss seems to have a pretty applicable layout
stern_kiss_jaws.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Sweet... I want JAWS BAD and I would be OK with them re-purposing the KISS / another table, but wish JAWS had it's own layout / distinct playfield design. Bottom line is LOTS of us collectors / non collectors would love a JAWS period. So please Stern make it happen , 40th Anniversary or not please please please please please !!

#488 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Maybe Stern needs to start re-theming table layouts again (Family Guy / shrek). Kiss seems to have a pretty applicable layout
stern_kiss_jaws.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

JAWS White Wood Version 2.0....

JAWS_PROTO.pngJAWS_PROTO.png

#490 8 years ago

Damn lot's of people looking for JAWS!!!
All the way on the other side of the pond the Jaws hunt continues...

Even The Beatles are looking to reel in JAWS !
beatles_JAWS.jpgbeatles_JAWS.jpg

Keith trying to snag Jaws...
0406-keith-richards-fishing-boat-akmgsi-3.jpg0406-keith-richards-fishing-boat-akmgsi-3.jpg'

Daltry's gonna use this guppy as bait...
dc132df1628eb1de2e3f7af116c4b0d3.jpgdc132df1628eb1de2e3f7af116c4b0d3.jpg

Clapton did some cocaine so he's in the forest looking for Jaws...
fishingEricClapton1.jpgfishingEricClapton1.jpg

David Bowie thinks Quint's just a mediocre captain...
bowie.jpgbowie.jpg

#492 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm sure there will be more Jaws hints coming from Stern soon enough gang.

They should buy that inflatable helium filled remote controlled shark and have it swimming / flying around the Stern facilities.

#495 8 years ago

Yeah Stern... not to mention every boat has a STERN. Every collection needs a JAWS !

#500 8 years ago

Rare Jaws Pin on eBay...

http://tinyurl.com/q64ygpg

#504 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

And so it begins...
image.jpg

That's exactly where I'll be placing my JAWS LE .... Right next to my The Simpsons Pinball Party...
simpsons_jaws_2.jpgsimpsons_jaws_2.jpg

#506 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Original concept art for the Jaws 2 poster. I always liked this one.

I actually dig JAWS 2... Obviously not nearly as good as the first flick but it's decent for a sequel... the ones that followed however... pretty terrible lol

#514 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Say aaaaahhhhh!!!

Reminds me of Steve Martin in little shop of horrors...
little-shop-of-horrors.jpglittle-shop-of-horrors.jpg

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#524 8 years ago

Sunday July 5th starts "Shark Week..." http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/shark-week/

1 week later
#529 8 years ago

check out my 1975 JAWS prop....
image1.JPGimage1.JPG

1 week later
#530 8 years ago

This seems like it's happening more and more frequently ....
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/19/world/shark-attack-wsl-mick-fanning-feat/

fanning-shark-attack-.jpgfanning-shark-attack-.jpg

#533 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Best hype campaign by Stern yet.

More like best latest confirmation of keeping me outta swimming in the ocean... especially looking like a seal, splashing around.

#539 8 years ago

I can certainly see where you will be placing your Jaws Pin in the hopefully near future...

2 weeks later
4 weeks later
#565 8 years ago

Waterproof Vinyl decal set to help transform your bathroom into your favorite movie....
http://www.bathroomdecal.com/jaws-bathroom-decal/

jaws21-620x400.jpgjaws21-620x400.jpg

#566 8 years ago

A few days ago Stern Pinball posted that generic black image for a day (Which ultimately turned into a GOT announcement).... The random black chalkboard image which was perceived by a few folks I was hoping it would turn into something like this...

JAWS_STERN-POSTER.pngJAWS_STERN-POSTER.png

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Omg! I love it! Just when you thought it was safe to dump into the water...
Now you sir, are my kind of zealot!

Mr Clean, did you make that ad?? Wow!

Nope...

UK artist Scott Woolston did.

“The head, the tail, the whole damn thing” is available as landscape and portrait Giclée Art Prints.

Both are released in runs of 40 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Jaws.

#571 8 years ago

Hey since you like Jaws art i stumbled upon these....

Artist... https://twitter.com/hefnatron
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpgjawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg

JC Richard
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpgjawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg

others...
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpgjawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpgjawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpgjawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpgjawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
Gotta love this shark fin...
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpgjawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpgjawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg

#575 8 years ago

Not even the Ghost Busters would be able to stop Jaws....

87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg

6 months later
#576 8 years ago

Well ironically enough my post above 6 months ago... thus far Ghost Buster's did prevent JAWS from making the cut... or I should say just delaying the process... The fact that they resurrected an 80's title makes me think it could happen still for Jaws.

6 months later
#582 7 years ago

While I don't condone texting and driving... I was excited when my friend just text me this pic...

IMG_6758 (resized).JPGIMG_6758 (resized).JPG

4 years later
#610 2 years ago

You guys got your Godzilla today, previously Jurassic Park.... Where is my JAWS !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrclean.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title?tu=mrclean and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.