You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
#401 9 years ago

No Jaws = No Sale.

Oh well.

I can tell you one thing, I will never buy a pin based on a band. When I was younger and the compact disc format came out I bought several of my favorite albums on CD's and marveled with headphones how clean this new media process was. I must have listened to those CD's a hundred too many times. Beautiful.

To this day I can not listen to any of those CD tracks with out trepidation because I made myself so sick of them. I imagine a music based pin would do the same and owning one would be a mistake for me.

#402 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

No Jaws = No Sale.
Oh well.
I can tell you one thing, I will never buy a pin based on a band. When I was younger and the compact disc format came out I bought several of my favorite albums on CD's and marveled with headphones how clean this new media process was. I must have listened to those CD's a hundred too many times. Beautiful.
To this day I can not listen to any of those CD tracks with out trepidation because I made myself so sick of them. I imagine a music based pin would do the same and owning one would be a mistake for me.

That is a true human nature analogy. Also one of the only reasons I will also not buy a band pin.

Stern WAS on the right track with out of the box licensing and adult themes, guess they gotta catch the next train to Brokesville with a stop at Bad Judgement Junction...

I tried. Sorry guys.

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That is a true human nature analogy. Also one of the only reasons I will also not buy a band pin.
Stern WAS on the right track with out of the box licensing and adult themes, guess they gotta catch the next train to Brokesville with a stop at Bad Judgement Junction...
I tried. Sorry guys.

Meh...

I thought about GOT briefly but after the show is over not too much for me to be excited about there. I suspect GOT will be heavily character driven if it is made. Opposed to TWD, at least after the show is over one is still left with less a character driven obnoxiously gory zombie game.

Off of the Stern kick and on to anticipation of the new Aliens game for me then.

Still, Jaws would have been a fun theme.

#404 9 years ago

Got a shit ton of interest in this title, again. Will contact Stern for round 2.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#405 9 years ago

If they got Drew Struzan to do the art I'd be all in. Also they'd have to create a better (nicer iloustrated) PF and have some decent eye candy on the PF. I think the game could be huge, I'd probably be more interested in seeing one of the other companies do it though

#406 9 years ago

Announce it today and build it.

I would have to buy based on the theme alone. I might even buy a second machine for the office.

#407 9 years ago

On the Stern website there is a contact link. Just let them know you want Jaws to be made in line up. Simple. No long stories needed.

JJP can take customer feedback, so can Stern.

TWD started as a 'rumor' in 2010. Then got steam as corporate brass heard it mentioned and office of a select person got loaded with TWD merchandise.

Jaws is a fun, adult oriented, timeless theme based off of a primal human fear of being devoured.

Why not have it in your home?

#408 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

On the Stern website there is a contact link. Just let them know you want Jaws to be made in line up.

Done.

#409 9 years ago

Whose to say that this isn't Heighway Pinballs next game

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Did you go forward in time, check out IPDB, then return?

Just telling you what I know to be true take it for what it's worth.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Meh...
I suspect GOT will be heavily character driven if it is made.

Well I know one GOT character loves pinball.

carice1.jpgcarice1.jpg

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Yeah and the "Da-Duh...Da-Duh...Da-duh" Jaws theme wouldn't get old AT ALL.

Every pinball machine has a finite soundtrack. Metallica and AC/DC have more music than any pinball machine ever...so the theory that "the music will get old" holds no water. There's more musical variety in those games than any other ever made.

#414 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah and the Jaws theme wouldn't get old AT ALL.
Every pinball machine has a finite soundtrack. Metallica and AC/DC have more music than any pinball machine ever...so the theory that "the music will get old" holds no water. There's more musical variety in those games than any other ever made.

For me. Read it again. It's just my opinion. I'm not attacking your precious favorite bands. There is a difference 'to me' between hearing the same music repeatedly vs audio being used to add tension and suspense... this "Da-Duh...Da-Duh...Da-duh" I would not so easily tire of, besides I thought I made it quite clear in the past, I like JAWS as a theme. Band pins, I don't think so. YOMV

#415 9 years ago

Are you paying attention JJP? Opportunity is knocking!

SYSOAB-front_-688x1024.jpgSYSOAB-front_-688x1024.jpg
#416 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Are you paying attention JJP?

I doubt JJP would do Jaws, not family friendly enough. However, it seems like a theme Heighway would pick up, given that they are already doing Alien, which is also a late 70s scary movie. Andrew has said that they have a number of licensed themes in development. I would imagine that if Stern passes, Andrew might well take this on, he is probably watching this thread with interest. Failing that, Dutch Pinball have shown that they are prepared to do a theme which people on Pinside want. Maybe if they pull through their current difficulties they will consider it.

#417 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Are you paying attention JJP?

In this particular case, I hope not.

#418 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I gave up trying to talk sense into corporate Stern. Oh well. Good luck with muppets, kiss, and bankruptcy.

Seriously? If only Stern would listen to the almighty Underlord! If they don't, they are heading for bankruptcy.

#419 9 years ago

There are pinsiders who have sacrificed their time and energy to help keep this project grounded. They have tried to make sure that they, playing the 'devils advocate', to help us remain focused and provide us with a sense of how Stern, JJP, Heighway, may think of just a few collectors trying to have their voices heard in a larger corporate structure, may encounter with not thinking of what 'Average Joe' may want in the home collection.

Rob, Greg, Your sacrifice shall not be in vain my friends. I shall lobby Stern in your names and hit that contact button with vigor and purpose.

image-379.jpgimage-379.jpg

#420 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

There are pinsiders who have sacrificed their time and energy to help keep this project grounded. They have tried to make sure that they, playing the 'devils advocate', to help us remain focused and provide us with a sense of how Stern, JJP, Heighway, may think of just a few collectors trying to have their voices heard in a larger corporate structure, may encounter with not thinking of what 'Average Joe' may want in the home collection.
Rob, Greg, Your sacrifice shall not be in vain my friends. I shall lobby Stern in your names and hit that contact button with vigor and purpose.

image-379.jpg 18 KB

Don't forget Maiden as well but with new system.

#421 9 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Don't forget Maiden as well but with new system.

Maiden would rock. Eddie edition.

#422 9 years ago

Sorry Rick, I'm getting tired of even the thought of Jaws.....and yet they move towards Muppets, WWE and Kiss.

Wtf, I'm voting "none of the above"........

#423 9 years ago

The Munsters !

#424 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Rick, I'm getting tired of even the thought of Jaws.....and yet they move towards Muppets, WWE and Kiss.
Wtf, I'm voting "none of the above"........

Fair vote Ice. As none of the above will probably be going into my collection. Jaws cuz they won't, the rest cuz I won't. I'm not even getting return responses now. Oh well.

Time to start saving my dough for that supercharger for my challenger and top end for my Monte Carlo.

#425 9 years ago

If anyone is ever interested in a NIB Mcfarlane Jaws, hit me up with trade ideas.

The box has seen better days. Been moving this thing around for 13 or 14 years now.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#426 9 years ago

Muppets? that's a joke right, anything other than classic Wrestling would also be a joke, Kiss, come on man. The only reason I hope Stern makes these titles is so I can save some cash this year for better future titles. Predator and Aliens and THLE are all coming in 2015 so I'm set regardless but Jaws would be better than any of those 3, that's for sure.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

If anyone is ever interested in a NIB Mcfarlane Jaws, hit me up with trade ideas.
The box has seen better days. Been moving this thing around for 13 or 14 years now.

image.jpg 196 KB

You mean 13 or 14 months? That is about what, 2011, 2012?

#428 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You mean 13 or 14 months? That is about what, 2011 2012?

I mean 13 or 14 years. I owned this for a year or two before I bought my house in 2002.

Do you understand what I have pictured? Did I not describe it correctly?

#429 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You mean 13 or 14 months? That is about what, 2011, 2012?

Bottom of the box...
image-837.jpgimage-837.jpg

#430 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Meh...
I thought about GOT briefly but after the show is over not too much for me to be excited about there. I suspect GOT will be heavily character driven if it is made. Opposed to TWD, at least after the show is over one is still left with less a character driven obnoxiously gory zombie game.
Off of the Stern kick and on to anticipation of the new Aliens game for me then.
Still, Jaws would have been a fun theme.

Stern could do GOT by house and not by character. That would be more true to the spirit of the books anyway, they are really family driven.

#431 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

Bottom of the box...

image.jpg 90 KB

image-837.jpg 90 KB

Holy crapfest batman!! I didn't think these were that old! Wow!

#432 9 years ago

You be the judge of Stern's latest Hint on their facebook page in regards to announcing next game at CES... It sure points to Jaws from that photo of hints !!!!

It's JAWS....

Says "Port" as in an ocean port.

I see a "Fin" & "Shark eye"

Also two of the characters in the movie Jaws have glasses, and one has a hat...just like in the facebook photo hmm....// Error: Image 342138 not found //

ALSO!!! The dudes hat which says "CLARO"... if you scramble the words (leaving out the "L"... you get ORCA The name of the boat from JAWS!!!!! // Error: Image 342139 not found //

& WOW how did I forget "STERN" as in the Stern of the boat !!

Very fitting as it's Jaw's 40th anniversary and it's rumored Spielberg is re-releasing it in theaters in 3d this year similar to what they did for JP's 20th anniversary // Error: Image 342142 not found //

#433 9 years ago

So, all kidding aside...does Stern have any interest in Jaws as a title? Doesn't seem like it was ever a legit rumor but so many thought perhaps it would happen...what's the story?

#434 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, all kidding aside...does Stern have any interest in Jaws as a title? Doesn't seem like it was ever a legit rumor but so many thought perhaps it would happen...what's the story?

Underlord has the dope on it. Looks like it was discussed then rejected.

#435 9 years ago

Now that Jaws has been sunk by Wrestlemania, you could always lobby for Robert Shaw in Battle of the Bulge.

"You're gonna need a bigger tank!"
towercard-7200a57c-585f-4b03-a1d6-69ff0045bed4.jpgtowercard-7200a57c-585f-4b03-a1d6-69ff0045bed4.jpg

#436 9 years ago

An offering to the pinball gods!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#437 9 years ago

I still think it will happen...after all Gary stern was first choice for Hooper...
jawsgary.jpgjawsgary.jpg

#438 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I still think it will happen...after all Gary stern was first choice for Hooper...

jawsgary.jpg 12 KB

but Hooper doesn't get eaten by the shark... just sayin

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

but Hooper doesn't get eaten by the shark... just sayin

He does in the book.

#440 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

He does in the book.

after he bangs the chiefs wife...

#441 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

He does in the book.

That isn't all he does "in the book".
Edit- that cosmo is just too fast.

#442 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yeah he had a good crack at ellen brody too.

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

He does in the book.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Quoted from o-din:

That isn't all he does "in the book".
Edit- that cosmo is just too fast.

Quoted from Wamprat:

Yeah he had a good crack at ellen brody too.

Thanks fellas, guess Gary should play Hooper after all

#444 9 years ago

Jaws is a great read, might be time to dust it off again.

1 week later
#445 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Holy crapfest batman!! I didn't think these were that old! Wow!

I have one in even better shape than that. Flawless. Got it in 2001.

1 month later
#446 9 years ago

Wrestler vs. Jaws.... wish the shark would of won... With talks about the next title being a music game KISS, The Who, Aerosmith.. & a VE Tron or LOTR at some point this year... that's going to really reduce the chances of a 40th Anniversary Jaws Pinball. Is Stern making a revamped Jurassic Park World ? or perhaps later in the year Star Wars ?

10943575746_fd1734b4d9.jpg10943575746_fd1734b4d9.jpg

#447 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Wrestler vs. Jaws.... wish the shark would of won... With talks about the next title being a music game KISS, The Who, Aerosmith.. & a VE Tron or LOTR at some point this year... that's going to really reduce the chances of a 40th Anniversary Jaws Pinball. Is Stern making a revamped Jurassic Park World ? or perhaps later in the year Star Wars ?

Whatever it is they will probably stick with a formula that is working. Pinball themes for balding middle aged men.

th-4.jpegth-4.jpeg

#448 9 years ago

Is that a real great white?

Quoted from mrclean:

10943575746_fd1734b4d9.jpg 21 KB

#449 9 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Is that a real great white?

no..look at gill slits

1 month later
#450 8 years ago

Looks like Stern gave us a Jaws Easter egg.

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.