You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern is not making Jaws...... Give me a break.

That'll just be your little secret.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

All the JAWS Hallmark Ornaments are sold out nationwide.
... just sayin'

WOW... so I just Googled this, it was the first time I heard about it and I really dig certain Hallmark Ornaments such as the Pac-Man, Galaga ones... After seeing the Jaws Hallmark Ornament I told my wife how awesome it looked... being she knows I love Jaws, she said DON'T BUY IT! insinuating she already bought it... and than she stated... "It's already in the house!" Stoked! I think it's cool that Hallmark is paying homage to such a great classic. I heard for the 40th (2015) that Spielberg is re-releasing it in theaters possibly in 3D/ Similar to what they did to Jurassic Park for the 20th Anniversary the other year. Any ways I'm not sure if Stern will or won't make this pin obviously It has shown interest and others including myself want it really badly. It would be incredible if they started injecting the possibility of older / classic / cult movies that are still talked about today.

Jaws Hallmark Ornament 2014Jaws Hallmark Ornament 2014

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Better....
» YouTube video

Grand Moff Tarkin!

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Grand Moff Tarkin!

Star Wars 7 comes out summer 2015. Stern pinball will have multiple lines going at the new factory location, which means multiple titles will be available for release during the calendar year.

Think outside the 'one at a time' box now. Star Wars is a probability, and so is Jaws, and so is Iron Maiden. Unless David @ stern wants just two titles released to maximize sales.

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Star Wars 7 comes out summer 2015. Stern pinball will have multiple lines going at the new factory location, which means multiple titles will be available for release during the calendar year.
Think outside the 'one at a time' box now. Star Wars is a probability, and so is Jaws, and so is Iron Maiden. Unless David @ stern wants just two titles released to maximize sales.

Actually I was referring to Peter Cushing, the actor in the movie he posted, who also played Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Actually I was referring to Peter Cushing, the actor in the movie he posted, who also played Grand Moff Tarkin in Star Wars.

Ah. Mnpinball's vid of zombie nazis from the swamp. Got it. Thought you were loosely referencing SW. My bad.

#357 9 years ago

Two minutes to midnight or how many days until midnight Maiden?

#358 9 years ago

Has this been announced yet? My wallet is waiting.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Im hoping for:
Trudeau - Jaws
Ritchie - GOT
Borg - Star Wars
I will buy 2/3 of those and be a happy camper.

...and I'll buy the third.

#360 9 years ago

sharkweek.jpgsharkweek.jpg

#362 9 years ago

pinball machine to soon follow....

#363 9 years ago

Word now is : IM, ( 50%), Kiss, ( 50%), Jaws ( David likes it, Gary does not),
Guardians of the Galaxy ( some distance away). fam friendly title also like Star Wars also.

Possible third choice is Game Of Thrones.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Word now is : IM, ( 50%), Kiss, ( 50%), Jaws ( David likes it, Gary does not),
Guardians of the Galaxy ( some distance away). fam friendly title also like Star Wars also.
Possible third choice is Game Of Thrones.

Iron Maiden blecchh. I'm sorry but literally I would put hundreds of bands before them that deserve / should have pins. What about Led Zeppelin... or The Beatles !??! as Music Pins. Kiss already had a pin, but and although I'm not a huge KISS fan id much rather see a KISS pin well before an Iron Maiden pin just my opinion. Jaws is a timeless classic movie that will be around and recognized forever. Buyers who are between 30yrs old and 60yrs old would be much more inclined to buy a Jaws pin than others listed (outside of Star Wars) Guardians of the Galaxy ? geshh I've seen my share of Marvel pins already I think it would be nice for a change. Star Wars has a ton of potential and it's been done a ton of times, hopefully it's done right when they capitalize on another one... No doubt that title will be a huge success for them... I really hope Jaws happens though.

#365 9 years ago

I'm hoping for Jaws too...

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

And Maiden and Game of Thrones as would be great fit. Beatles yes but will never happen and overrated Zep won't either.

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from gawcol:

I'm pushing for it.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Iron Maiden blecchh. I'm sorry but literally I would put hundreds of bands before them that deserve / should have pins. What about Led Zeppelin... or The Beatles !??! as Music Pins. Kiss already had a pin, but and although I'm not a huge KISS fan id much rather see a KISS pin well before an Iron Maiden pin just my opinion. Jaws is a timeless classic movie that will be around and recognized forever. Buyers who are between 30yrs old and 60yrs old would be much more inclined to buy a Jaws pin than others listed (outside of Star Wars) Guardians of the Galaxy ? geshh I've seen my share of Marvel pins already I think it would be nice for a change. Star Wars has a ton of potential and it's been done a ton of times, hopefully it's done right when they capitalize on another one... No doubt that title will be a huge success for them... I really hope Jaws happens though.

Everyone gets old there's no shame in that.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Everyone gets old there's no shame in that.

I don't. Not sure I like what you're implying as far as age there, Hazoff...

Stoopid genetics....

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just to clarify the Release Date for Star Wars VII is Dec. 18, 2015 in the US.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/releaseinfo

#371 9 years ago

Thank you. I was so excited by the trailer I thought I saw May 2015.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They've been doing old, but *active* bands... Kiss and Iron Maiden qualify, Led Zeppelin and the Beatles don't. Even Kiss feels pretty washed up to me compared to Iron Maiden.

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I don't. Not sure I like what you're implying as far as age there, Hazoff...
Stoopid genetics....

Just joking. I turned 40 in Sept.

#374 9 years ago

Just make Jaws already so I can get the Refinery version.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Just joking. I turned 40 in Sept.

Was hoping you were joking.

You're 40? No shame in that. I'm 48, so I guess we're both geezers now.

#376 9 years ago

I always wanted to retheme a baywatch into jaws. would make a fantastic pin.

#377 9 years ago

just gonna drop this right in here for Underlord
testresinJWS2.jpgtestresinJWS2.jpg

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

just gonna drop this right in here for Underlord

testresinJWS2.jpg 25 KB

I want that.. where did you find it? LOL

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm pushing for it.

tell Gary I want the premium with the shark fin topper

Or should there be a shark fin on the playfield going around (like BBH, but without the problems)?
and a sinking boat genre POTC haha
shoot your ball in the shark mouth to lock (with the sound "Shark eat your ballllll!")
Just throwing some ideas

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I want that.. where did you find it? LOL

I know a guy in Chicago.

#382 9 years ago

JAWS!!!

#383 9 years ago

DSC03515.JPGDSC03515.JPGI remember when I went down to Universal Studios I got a nice shot of the shark jumping out of the water on the Jaws ride... sadly I just went back this year and the ride is now gone (because of Harry Potter expansion) and the Shark aka Bruce is hanging up on the dock for you to simply take photos with.

DSC00103.JPGDSC00103.JPGDSC00101.JPGDSC00101.JPG

#384 9 years ago

2015 is gonna be another interesting year for Stern pinball. Aww yeah...

#385 9 years ago

my all-time favorite movie...if done well, Id buy it for sure. It would be great to find a way to do an homage to the killer shark video game that is in the movie.

And they'd have to get this image into it somehow:
help jaws.jpghelp jaws.jpg

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

my all-time favorite movie...if done well, Id buy it for sure. It would be great to find a way to do an homage to the killer shark video game that is in the movie.
And they'd have to get this image into it somehow:

help jaws.jpg 36 KB

You see this Martin? Sick vandalism! I want these kids strung up by their Buster Browns!image-903.jpgimage-903.jpg

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I love this theme so much if the code sucks I would just re-write it myself. It's my favorite movie of all time and holds a ton of sentimental value to me. So much so that I can repeat every single line in the movie word for word. Kinda sad actually I admit.
This is another toy that would work..
http://sharkcityozark.com/uploads/2/7/4/6/2746826/8709720_orig.png

Yer gonna need a bigger gameroom.

#388 9 years ago

My TSPP is going right to market if/when JAWS is announced. That's the only way I'll be able to justify their NIB pricing.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

My TSPP is going right to market if/when JAWS is announced. That's the only way I'll be able to justify their NIB pricing.

Lots of folks (others not on Pinside), Are really ready to invest in this title. Stern is still up in the air over it, so many good current movies out this year.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Lots of folks (others not on Pinside), Are really ready to invest in this title. Stern is still up in the air over it, so many good current movies out this year.

shark.jpgshark.jpg

So if they haven't started working on it where does that put it if it is to be made? 2016?
I thought the point was to tie into the 40th Anniversary. Jaws was released June 1st 1975.

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

So if they haven't started working on it where does that put it if it is to be made? 2016?
I thought the point was to tie into the 40th Anniversary. Jaws was released June 1st 1975.

shark.jpg 10 KB

Good question. Only Gary, David know for sure.

Lots of times a pin was designed without a direct theme. B/W changed themes on pf finished designs quite a few times.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

shark.jpg 10 KB

Jaws is not one of the 3 new pins that will be coming out next.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yeah. It isn't. Probably not gonna happen guys.

#394 9 years ago

Well, seeing as 2 of the 3 are "Big Juicy Melons" and MMr, that's not saying much!

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yeah. It isn't. Probably not gonna happen guys.

Good. JAWS, original Planet of the Apes, and futurama are my only NIB picks and my wallet is happy these are all unlikely.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Well, seeing as 2 of the 3 are "Big Juicy Melons" and MMr, that's not saying much!

Not including those releases I'm talking about new stern pins not remakes or melons Stern now will have 2 lines so pins they are putting together for other companies don't effect how or when they run their own new releases.

So let me rephrase, MMR, Melons and next three brand new Stern themes will not be Jaws.

#397 9 years ago

Not including those releases I'm talking about new stern pins not remakes or melons

I know.....just reaching for straws!

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I know.....just reaching for straws!

Hahaa, I shoulda guessed can't really say more then that sorry. Jaws could still happen just not that soon.

#399 9 years ago

Hahaa, I shoulda guessed can't really say more then that sorry.

Did you go forward in time, check out IPDB, then return? If so, what's Lawlor's game about?

#400 9 years ago

I gave up trying to talk sense into corporate Stern. Oh well. Good luck with muppets, kiss, and bankruptcy.

At least I'll be able to save money for the next year. OY...

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.