You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

but I'm more of a Weird Science/Ferris Bueller/Breakfast Club fan.

National Lampoon Christmas Vacation for the win

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Movie is apparently timeless and hits all demographics despite age and gender. Most pinheads gobbling up Stern titles now grew up with this film. Literally for most of our lives now!
License should be inexpensive and this theme would lend itself well to a pinball design.
Talks will commence if popularity is there, which, it is.

I agree and am in that demo. My point is Stern hasn't done anything that wasn't a then-current property, with the exceptions of Monopoly and Ripley's.

JAWS could be cool. But if I were going to try to target the part of that demo that likes pinball, I would do something like the Batman 1966 TV series (or even the Muppets) before I would do JAWS (absent a mega rerelease campaign).

#53 9 years ago

Interesting, I know it's early days but 63% have voted yes which is exactly the same percentage that voted positively for TWD in Underlord's previous poll.

#54 9 years ago

Well cue the shark like the fish in sopranos in the same spot. Cause there's always a rehash of one stern part

#55 9 years ago

Could be awesome. It's unfortunate that Robert Shaw (Quint) passed away at an early age as Quint custom callouts could possibly be the greatest pinball callouts of all time. "Pinball goes in the water. Shark in the water..."

#56 9 years ago

As much as I love Jaws (I would easily put it in my Top 5 favorite films) and although I do think it could be a great pin theme, I can't help but think that Ghostbusters lends itself even better to the pin format. As an overall package of iconography, character design, sound effects, callouts, props, scenes, dialogue, etc., it just seems like Ghostbusters is an even more all-encompassing theme that could produce an incredibly fun game.

That said, there is definitely a lot of iconography in Jaws and I have no doubt that it could translate well to a pin, but Ghostbusters just seems like it would be an even better experience.

Maybe someday we'll end up getting both...

#57 9 years ago

"Smile you son of a..." shoot scuba tank captive ball, BOOM! Multiball!!

#58 9 years ago

A great idea that will never happen. Universal studios even tore out their Jaws exhibit some time ago. Who would comprise the market? 45-65 year olds?

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

A great idea that will never happen. Universal studios even tore out their Jaws exhibit some time ago. Who would comprise the market? 45-65 year olds?

Yeah, the same people who make up the AC/DC market.

#60 9 years ago

I actually designed my own shark-based pinball, and made Nordmanite/foam core mockup. I'd love to see a Jaws pin, and would be interested to see how my design compares!

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yeah, the same people who make up the AC/DC market.

...dare I say Mustang lovers as well?
*ducks*

#62 9 years ago

image-1.jpgimage-1.jpg

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

...dare I say Mustang lovers as well?
*ducks*

... or WOZ. What's that demographic, 60 - 100 year olds?

Jaws could be a great pin, I love the idea... and I'm only 43

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If we're going out of the box on this I'll take Mr Mom.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#66 9 years ago

if the pin looks and play great, i'm in.

never understood why it was never done.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

... or WOZ. What's that demographic, 60 - 100 year olds?
Jaws could be a great pin, I love the idea... and I'm only 43

I love it, too and I'm only 34. Make it happen, Stern!

#68 9 years ago

Very low interest... but I must confess I find this is a better theme than Ghostbusters(*) or Kiss.

(*) which IMHO and in contrast to The Big Lebowski, did not age well. Watched both recently again. TBL still makes me laugh... Ghostbusters not anymore.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

A great idea that will never happen. Universal studios even tore out their Jaws exhibit some time ago.

They still have the Jaws part on the studio tour...where the shark pops out of the water right next to the tram.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They still have the Jaws part on the studio tour...where the shark pops out of the water right next to the tram.

No it's gone. Replaced with Harry Potter.

#71 9 years ago

Based on gross receipts, we are way overdo for Sound of Music and 10 Commandments pins. Unfortunately, a 10 commandments pin would not play on the Sabbeth (Choose Saturday or Sunday in settings menu).

#72 9 years ago

The Ten Commandments complete with Part the PF Multi-Ball!

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

No it's gone. Replaced with Harry Potter.

I just went like a week ago. Universal California still has Jaws.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I just went like a week ago. Hollywood, California still has Jaws.

Ahh florida one is gone. Haven't been to the california one since i was a wee lad.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Ahh florida one is gone. Haven't been to the california one since i was a wee lad.

The Harry Potter stuff is still being built here….I don't think it replaced anything important…the Doc Brown Fried Chicken place is the only thing I noticed that was gone lol. Despicable Me Minion Mayhem just replaced T2: 3D …was kinda bummed to see that go, despite how aged it was.

#76 9 years ago

It would be tough to screw up the backglass

Jaws-movie-poster.jpgJaws-movie-poster.jpg

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

what other 80's theme can you think of that would make a better table

Not so much as better as just AWESOME...

#1 on my list... The Goonies!!!

The Labyrinth would be amazing... to a lesser degree, The Dark Crystal or Neverending story...

The Shining... Oh yeah... I can see a REDRUM door bash toy...

Beetlejuice... Sand worm & snake railing ramps... So many toys...

Poltergeist or Gremlins...

It's from the 70's, but a Rocky Horror Picture Show would be epic IMO.

#78 9 years ago

Tremors would be cool too.

#79 9 years ago

To quote Peter Benchley , 'Absafuckingamazing'.

#80 9 years ago

Demographic spans all generations. I played this on Blu ray last week and my 9 year old great nephew watched the entire film, not a word. Staring at TV.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Demographic spans all generations. I played this on Blu ray last week and my 9 year old great nephew watched the entire film, not a word. Staring at TV.

I was a little older than that and Ben Gardner's head popping out with that missing eyeball scared the bejesus out of me.

#82 9 years ago

Jaws still airs on cable and will celebrate it's 40th anniversary next year. Shark-based shows/documentaries are popular on many channels. Shark Week has a huge fan base, and has been airing for almost 30 years. The great white shark itself is fascinating, no matter what form of media it's in. But I may be wrong.

With the ferocity of a license like Jaws, it would HAVE to be done by Steve Ritchie.

#83 9 years ago

Is it to late to get my popcorn?

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Jaws still airs on cable and will celebrate it's 40th anniversary next year. Shark-based shows/documentaries are popular on many channels. Shark Week has a huge fan base, and has been airing for almost 30 years. The great white shark itself is fascinating, no matter what form of media it's in. But I may be wrong.
With the ferocity of a license like Jaws, it would HAVE to be done by Steve Ritchie.

You've pretty much just summed up why Stern is considering this title for next year.

Good job.

#85 9 years ago

Seems like there is a reboot of the Jaws franchise in the works for 2015. http://moviepilot.com/movies/1082805-jaws?lt_source=external,manual

Post edited by briandols: reading between the lines for you

#86 9 years ago

I'm going to need a bigger boat.

#87 9 years ago

I hope the cabinet art is the same as the Mayor's boat anchor jacket.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Town-of-Amity-Mayor-Larry-Vaughns-Anchor-Jacket/133388460013741

#88 9 years ago

Jaws would be great. The music/ambiance potential would be beyond compare. Or course having maybe the best tension building movie soundtrack of all time sure helps in that regard. I do have some doubts how the gameplay and rules fit that movie's content, as it's all about slowly building tension, and fear of the unseen. Slowest playing pinball game ever? A completely unlighted playfield? But, I just love the movie enough that I don't really care how that theme meshes with pinball play.

Ghostbusters would be so much fun. Wow, there is so much potential there. The story lends itself to pinball gameplay so well, and so easily. That's an absolutely perfect match for pinball.

Mr. Mom?
Your mom calls the vacuum cleaner Jaws?
uh-huh

#89 9 years ago

I've been asking for this for a long time... If this pin comes out it would edge that fishtales photo of it being played underwater.

PLEASE STERN MAKE A JAWS PIN! ! ! ! ! !

I've had other ideas for it years ago...
A shark fin on a track that randomly comes up from underneath the playfield. Yellow barrels that float across the playfield with a magnet. 2 video modes: harpoon the shark and shoot the O2 tank. Quint multiball. Shaker motor. Come on...thoughts?

If it's Jaws i'm buying one period. I LOVE JAWS! JLE PLEASE

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

A shark fin on a track that randomly comes up from underneath the playfield. Yellow barrels that float across the playfield with a magnet. 2 video modes: harpoon the shark and shoot the O2 tank. Quint multiball. Shaker motor. Come on...thoughts?

Lower playfield with blue plastic to look like it's underwater with Ben Gardner head bash toy in boat hull & some pot roast targets... unless they do a 3D Jaws and it interferes.

Chum piles on the pop bumpers... LOL

#91 9 years ago

multiball could start as add a ball to emulate adding yellow barrels

#92 9 years ago

Lotta enthusiasm!

Great ideas guys!

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

multiball could start as add a ball to emulate adding yellow barrels

Not with three barrels in'em!!

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

And Vegas vacation. Mr. Papagiorgio.

#95 9 years ago

Let's get it done Rick! Another huge seller.

#96 9 years ago

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies
Farewell and adieu, you ladies of Spain!

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Not with three barrels in'em!!

...and that call out would be essential when adding the third ball!

tilt call out could be the kid in the water that had the fake shark fin......... 'he made me do it!'

#98 9 years ago

Jaws would be a great theme to do. There is no way they should think about doing a Ghostbusters pin. With the rumors that they are going to do a Ghostbusters 3 movie that is what you would end up with for the pin. Not the original movie but the current turd that they are contemplating putting out.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's get it done Rick! Another huge seller.

Workin' on it Ice.

#100 9 years ago

Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.