You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Jaws based on original 1975 blockbuster movie”

• YES! Original jaws would be a great addition to my collection! 303 votes
    56%
  • No thank you. Not a title I'd be interested in owning or routing. 237 votes
    44%

(Multiple choice - 540 votes by 537 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

16479860 (resized).jpg
jawspinad (resized).JPG
jawspin (resized).jpg
JawsAd4 (resized).JPG
IMG_6758 (resized).JPG
87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg
jb1.jpg
jb2.jpg

There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
#551 8 years ago

I hope for Jurrasic World so the shark is eaten alive.

1 week later
#552 8 years ago

Soooo... With the release of GoT, NOW who wants Jaws?

#553 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Soooo... With the release of GoT, NOW who wants Jaws?

You want the GoT artist to tackle it? LOL

#554 8 years ago

Give me Jaws please. Cant wait for that one.

I really think Jaws is a perfect match for Stern.

Bring it on!

#555 8 years ago

Yep. Orca and shark on mini pf, blue water colored main pf, Town of Amity and surrounding areas on pf, heck, even photoshopped Quint, Brody and Hoopa in artwork.

#556 8 years ago

The man 1 post above this speakes so much sense it is breathtaking.

I fully agree. Want to add 2 yellow popup pop bumpers as floaters. And a Harpoon shot like on sttng, only 1.

#557 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Yep. Orca and shark on mini pf, blue water colored main pf, Town of Amity and surrounding areas on pf, heck, even photoshopped Quint, Brody and Hoopa in artwork.

Yep, even if Stern pulls a half assed effort like they did with GOT, I would still buy an LE.

#558 8 years ago

Great downvote Mike.

#559 8 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Great downvote Mike.

That wasn't intentional and I've removed it.

My fat fingers and an iPad are not always a good match.

#560 8 years ago

Lmao haha .

#561 8 years ago

Those boys from the karate school have been... karate-ing the picket fences!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, even if Stern pulls a half assed effort like they did with GOT, I would still buy an LE.

I was thinking the same thing! Im in on an LE even if it's like GoT. Hard title to screw up, unless the shark is JabberJaw.

#563 8 years ago

Are the rumors true that Stern didn't want to pay up to use the original Jaws shark audio / visual assets and that they are actively attempting to record generic shark audio clips 150 miles off the coast of Maui?

Supposedly they have a similar looking boat to the one used in Jaws that has microphones all over it and a Quinn stand-up but so far no sharks have jumped and smashed the boat.

#564 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Are the rumors true that Stern didn't want to pay up to use the original Jaws shark audio / visual assets and that they are actively attempting to record generic shark audio clips 150 miles off the coast of Maui?
Supposedly they have a similar looking boat to that used in Jaws that has microphones all over it and a Quinn stand-up but so far no sharks have jumped and smashed the boat.

LMAO. So cheap it'll cost 'em a million more.

#565 8 years ago

Waterproof Vinyl decal set to help transform your bathroom into your favorite movie....
http://www.bathroomdecal.com/jaws-bathroom-decal/

jaws21-620x400.jpgjaws21-620x400.jpg

#566 8 years ago

A few days ago Stern Pinball posted that generic black image for a day (Which ultimately turned into a GOT announcement).... The random black chalkboard image which was perceived by a few folks I was hoping it would turn into something like this...

JAWS_STERN-POSTER.pngJAWS_STERN-POSTER.png

#567 8 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

was perceived by a few folks I was hoping it would turn into something like this...

Be careful what you wish for

#568 8 years ago

This is my JAWS bathroom I just finished

jb7.jpgjb7.jpg

jb6.jpgjb6.jpg

jb4.jpgjb4.jpg

jb8.jpgjb8.jpg

jb5.jpgjb5.jpg

jb2.jpgjb2.jpg

jb1.jpgjb1.jpg

#569 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballa1983:

jb7.jpg jb6.jpg jb4.jpg jb8.jpg jb5.jpg jb2.jpg jb1.jpg

Omg! I love it! Just when you thought it was safe to dump into the water...

Now you sir, are my kind of zealot!

Quoted from mrclean:

A few days ago Stern Pinball posted that generic black image for a day (Which ultimately turned into a GOT announcement).... The random black chalkboard image which was perceived by a few folks I was hoping it would turn into something like this...
JAWS_STERN-POSTER.png

Mr Clean, did you make that ad?? Wow!

#570 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Omg! I love it! Just when you thought it was safe to dump into the water...

Mr Clean, did you make that ad?? Wow!

Nope...

UK artist Scott Woolston did.

“The head, the tail, the whole damn thing” is available as landscape and portrait Giclée Art Prints.

Both are released in runs of 40 to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Jaws.

#571 8 years ago

Hey since you like Jaws art i stumbled upon these....

Artist... https://twitter.com/hefnatron
jawsshowlilquint1_large.jpgjawsshowlilquint1_large.jpg

JC Richard
jawsshowjcrichard_big.jpgjawsshowjcrichard_big.jpg

others...
jawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpgjawsshowbrianhebets_large.jpg
jawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpgjawsshowbenwhitesell_large.jpg
jawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpgjawsshowdavidgrizzle_large.jpg
jawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpgjawsshowisaacbidwell_big.jpg
Gotta love this shark fin...
jawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpgjawsshowsamgilbey_large.jpg
jawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpgjawsshowrolandtamayo_large.jpg

#572 8 years ago

F*cking Jabberwocky! Lol.

Those are beyond awesome. Damn.

#573 8 years ago

A Stern representative will be contacting you shortly aboot jumping on the design team

#574 8 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm a chick mister

Quoted from TheLaw:A Stern representative will be contacting you shortly aboot jumping on the design team

I would FREAKING LOOOOOOOVE that... I have all sorts of AMAZING ideas in my head!!!

#575 8 years ago

Not even the Ghost Busters would be able to stop Jaws....

87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg87465c6b7855551147da45419e7e8e1b-d5cdf08.jpg

6 months later
#576 7 years ago

Well ironically enough my post above 6 months ago... thus far Ghost Buster's did prevent JAWS from making the cut... or I should say just delaying the process... The fact that they resurrected an 80's title makes me think it could happen still for Jaws.

#577 7 years ago

JAWS!!!

#578 7 years ago

THAT... is absolutely incredible. Dang that is cool.

I am amazed at how many people still love Jaws. Here is just a tidbit of info for you. I don't know how many of you were there when it first came out. There was NOTHING like it, EVER. And there probably never will be again, because of the proliferation of theaters we have now. Heck, you can walk in on opening night and see even the biggest blockbusters of the year, no problem. What happened with Jaws was simply unbelievable, and if you weren't there, I don't think you can appreciate the scope of what it was like. I lived it

At the time, I was working at a drive-in theater. They did have somewhat of an idea what was coming, but I don't think they were anticipating what happened. It was in the middle of June, and we started the movie at dusk, which as I recall was around 8 PM or so. Normally we showed up for work to get things ready around 7. That was plenty of time to prep things, get the box office set up, etc. Well, the day before opening night, our manager told us to show up at 5. We thought he was crazy. But what the heck, we were paid by the hour. Well, as was my habit, I got there first, probably around 4:45 or something like that. There was a somewhat long driveway from the street up to the box office, and it had 2 lanes, one on each side of the ticket booth. 99% of the time, we would just open one side. Maybe a popular movie we might bring in 2 lanes once in a while. Well, as I turned in, I simply could not believe my eyes. There were cars lined up already, in both lanes! I can't recall how many, but already there were quite a few. I talked to some of the people in line, some had been there for hours! They came from everywhere, and they could not wait to see this movie.It was simply unbelievable. And, it spiraled out of control from there. From that point on, they started streaming in. The lines went all the way down the driveway and spilled out onto the street. I remember walking out to the street, the line went all the way to a traffic signal down the block, then it turned and went all the way down that street to the next light! They were also backed up in the left turn lane coming in from the other direction. Before long, the cops showed up and told us to get moving and get these cars off the street.

It was the general rule then to do 2 showings a night. So you would run the first show starting at 8, then kick everyone out and bring in whoever wanted to see the second showing starting around 10 or 10:30. Maybe on rare occasions for a big movie, the first showing would fill up, but never the second. Well, we filled up both showings that night, and in fact, as I recall it, we filled the theater for both showings from that opening weekend all the way through the second weekend, something like 10 consecutive double sellouts. There was never anything like it before and there was never anything like it after. It ran the whole summer, and if my memory is right I saw it a total of 70 times

2 months later
#579 7 years ago

Let's push the envelope on this! I KNOW Stern reads Pinside!

1 month later
#580 7 years ago

Sooo...

I bugged Stern again in an email, mentioning Spooky Pinball may have interest in the license.

Just causing trouble!

1 month later
#581 7 years ago

Carcharodon carcharias Super special Amity edition.....

1 month later
#582 7 years ago

While I don't condone texting and driving... I was excited when my friend just text me this pic...

IMG_6758 (resized).JPGIMG_6758 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#583 5 years ago

Another shark week, another missed Jaws pin opportunity. Even the movie Meg looks fun.

#584 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Another shark week, another missed Jaws pin opportunity. Even the movie Meg looks fun

Perhaps, in light of Stern securing Godzilla, Spooky Will pursue the jaws license? Danesi 2 perhaps?

#585 5 years ago

I’ve long been a proponent of JAWS on the other thread. Bump for timeless theme. 30 years from now when we are all cyborgs, sharks is still gon be scary as F.

#586 5 years ago

If this game was ever to be made, the marketing campaign should focus for a July 4th release. He's the marketing I created for my own Jaws pinball game:

JawsAd4 (resized).JPGJawsAd4 (resized).JPG
#587 5 years ago

And a video of my Jaws game:

#588 5 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

And a video of my Jaws game:

dayyum, I didn't know you were on pinside. I LOVE your future pinball tables!

2 weeks later
#589 5 years ago

Jaws will get made. It's number 50 on the all time list and ticks many boxes.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls055592025/

I also think Matrix and new Back to the Future will get done for obvious reasons. Maybe Deeproot have those?

Anyway, it must be a super strong possibility that Brian Eddy is doing Jaws?

#590 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Anyway, it must be a super strong possibility that Brian Eddy is doing Jaws

Nope

#591 5 years ago

I rather see Brian Eddy do another unlicensed theme.

#592 5 years ago

Someone also said he had taken over Elvira 3 from Nordman but surely he would have a brand new title?

#594 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just tallying interest in this soon to be Stern pin!

Quoted from J85M:

Is anyone making JAWS...?

These two posts make perfect bookends for the rampant speculation I've come to love on Pinside. But with hints about fishing off of Amity Island, who knows. Maybe in another three years we'll see it!! I hope so.........

#595 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

But with hints about fishing off of Amity Island, who knows. Maybe in another three years we'll see it!! I hope so.........

I’d like that, gives me time to save for it!

7 months later
#596 5 years ago

Found one!

sacramento.craigslist.org link

jawspin (resized).jpgjawspin (resized).jpgjawspinad (resized).JPGjawspinad (resized).JPG
1 year later
#597 3 years ago

Well...I’m just gonna recycle this thread here.

#598 3 years ago

Hope this will indeed be an Elwin titile. Insta buy for me.

#600 3 years ago
16479860 (resized).jpg16479860 (resized).jpg
There are 612 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-upcoming-jaws-title/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.