Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ThomazPom
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Thanks JeffF I am very happy that you have joinned the tourney

With the new RFM software (1.7 or 1.8), it will be even better for you!

So guys it is not a thing of impossibility. Overcomes you, and join the server too.

#52 10 years ago

this looks cool, so could someone make an easy list of what i need to get to join this? i have a SWE1 with original comp.unsure of what software version but will use Rob's PUB service to update to most current.

#53 10 years ago

My SWEP has version 1.5 installed and it works well.

Here is a ROM history list: http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/4458/Williams_1999_Star_Wars_Episode_I_ROM_Revision_History.txt

So it seems that version 1.4 would be already possible.

Apart from that you need also the SMC 8416 network card for the original computer.

That should be all for the original computer.

Then you need another computer on the same network. On this Computer you have to install python 2.7.

That's it.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact me.

#54 10 years ago

Bump for some new blood connecting to the tournament server!

#55 10 years ago

I'm going to try and get a WiFi stick working this weekend. If so, then I'll be connecting to the server as well. If all works, this will then go to the Midwest Gaming Classic in a few weeks and be online from there.

Jaz

#56 10 years ago

I am looking for a ubuntu 8.04 wifi compatibility list...

#57 10 years ago

Here is a compatibility list but I can not guarantee correctness.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

#58 10 years ago

If you manage to get a wifi adapter working, please post how and what you used. I've had a hell of a time trying to get a wifi adapter working in my nucore, I've essentially given up at this point.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Grauwulf:

If you manage to get a wifi adapter working, please post how and what you used. I've had a hell of a time trying to get a wifi adapter working in my nucore, I've essentially given up at this point.

my machine is still not back from being rebuilt so i don't have anything to look at to figure this out just yet. does your machine have an ethernet adapter that you can hardwire into??

if so have you looked at these??

http://www.costco.com/Amped-Wireless%C2%AE-High-Power-Wireless-N-Wi-Fi-600mW-Range-Extender-%2526-Smart-Repeater.product.11748847.html

i have poor connectivity in my house so i use one of these, it clones your router wifi address and extends your range by a 10,000 sq ft radius. you could set this up then place in close to your machines and it also has a hub with 5 ports you could plug your machine into.

#60 10 years ago

After doing research on Wi-Fi with 8.04, I gave up on trying to get with working natively. But I did get the machine online using Wi-Fi and will try to get the tourney working this weekend yet.

What I did was user an old Wi-Fi router I had and set it up in client bridge mode. So from the computer point of view its just using wired LAN. Not all routers have this feature native but it is built into DD-WRT which is a third part open source firmware you can flash into a ton of routers.

I'll let you know how the rest goes...

Jaz

#61 10 years ago

My machine is in pieces at the moment to restore the cabinet, but once I get it back together I'll join the server. Running NuCore in mine.

#62 10 years ago

Just got our SWE1 online! Not sure why but it's really neat seeing it and our RFM scrolling all the high scores. If you're on the fence with trying to get your machine(s) online don't be. Pascal is loads of help and I may even be able to help a little since I just went through the procedure for both our machines.

BUMP for NEW BLOOD!!!

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Just got our SWE1 online! Not sure why but it's really neat seeing it and our RFM scrolling all the high scores. If you're on the fence with trying to get your machine(s) online don't be. Pascal is loads of help and I may even be able to help a little since I just went through the procedure for both our machines.
BUMP for NEW BLOOD!!!

What's your equipment?
Original computer with PC helper, Nucore, "pinbox"?

Jaz

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

What's your equipment?
Original computer with PC helper, Nucore, "pinbox"?
Jaz

Both games have original computers in them, I just added the correct 8416T network cards...
ebay.com link: itm

Our RFM is running v1.8(which you need to upgrade your memory to run) and our SWE1 is running v1.4.

Other than that, I just followed Pascal's directions on his website. Pretty simple.

#65 10 years ago

neeeee-oh, have the vintage network card in, but my longest network cable won't reach to the router.

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow.

#66 10 years ago

Ok so where have the instructions gone, is this an IP infringement serving?

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

http://pinball-tournament.dyndns-at-work.com/indexe.html

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Nifti:

I have send you a mail with the link.

Jeff you have got also a mail with some updates.

1 week later
#69 10 years ago

I'm 'game'. Looking for the SMC network card now. The ones on fleabay all want close to $100 with freight to Canada.

1 week later
#70 10 years ago

A little bot OT but anyone of u pin2000 guys know if I could swap the Cyrix 5X86 with a Cyrix 6X86 processor?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

A little bot OT but anyone of u pin2000 guys know if I could swap the Cyrix 5X86 with a Cyrix 6X86 processor?

No, you can not.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

Generally speaking with pc hardware you can install a faster processor within the same generation. So a motherboard that accepts a Pentium 90 will likely accept a Pentium 100. It really comes down to the individual motherboard. However, it won't accept a Pentium 2 - in fact the pinouts are totally different.

Quick googling shows the Cyrix processor in question comes in 120, 133 and 150 varieties. Not sure what's actually in P2000, though.

1 week later
#73 9 years ago

Just wanted to thank Ahoernchen for getting tournament server online.

It's given my SWEP1 another lease of life, the extra challenge of playing on tournament settings and having the other players score scoll on screen is awesome.

Could do with some more challengers though, so if anyone is thinking of it, it's pretty easy to setup. More than happy to help out.

#74 9 years ago

Hi guys,
some updates!

I had changed the domainname because dyndns isn't free anymore.

You also have to change something in your Server.py. Open it with a texteditor and change the following:

API_HOST = "http://pinball-tournament.dyndns-at-work.com/cgi-bin/"

to that

API_HOST = "http://pinball-tournament.servegame.com/cgi-bin/"

Or download the files from the Webpage but don't forgett to edit the RFM and/or SWEP IP's to your P2000 IP.

Kind regards

3 weeks later
#75 9 years ago

We want to recruit some new players. So connect your P2000 with the internet and try to defeat the other.

http://pinball-tournament.servegame.com/indexe.html

#76 9 years ago

It is not as difficult as you believe...

#77 9 years ago

I'll get my RFM on in the next couple of weeks. Setting the machine up in my new game room on Sunday and have to find my Ethernet card.

#78 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me what memory chip I need to upgrade the RAM so I can run 1.8?

#79 9 years ago

How can I do this with a MAC?

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-swe1-pinball-2000-ram-upgrade

I don't have any more CPUs, for anyone that's going to ask. Plenty of fully tested, P2K confirmed compatible RAM though. Can't ship for a few weeks though when I'm back to my shop.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I use a SDRAM PC133 128MB memory chip. PC100 should also work.

Quoted from Eddie:

How can I do this with a MAC?

You have to install Python 2.7.x on your MAC.
Here is a download link: https://www.python.org/download/

1 month later
#82 9 years ago

hello .. want to join the game, have a unique SWE1.cpu .. I need at exactly?

4 months later
#83 9 years ago

Is there still some interest in online playing?

2 months later
3 weeks later
#85 9 years ago

Im 100% interested. Already got the RAM, just need the SMC network card (ill dig around here at the office; ive got a shit-ton of old stuff sitting around).

Is this still going?

How do i get v1.8?

#86 9 years ago

I have an SMC8416T network card for sale if anyone needs one for this project. $40 and includes free shipping. PM me for details.

#87 9 years ago

I still have few SMC8416 cards. Two are NIB, and I have some used/tested-working ones as well. PM me if you need one.

1 week later
#88 9 years ago

It is running all the time...

#89 9 years ago

Cant wait! RAM is installed, waiting for the NIC to arrive...... playfield is still torn down, should be another week or two.

#90 9 years ago

I'm interested, where do I get "how to" info?

#91 9 years ago

You need a network card (the appropriate one is here: ebay.com link: SMC 8416T ISA 10bt )

Then you need to update to version 1.8 for RFM.

After that, i dunno..... just got my network card today.

#92 9 years ago

http://pinball-tournament.servegame.com/all.html

there you will find all infos (how to)

Or contact me via pn/email and I will give you support.

#93 9 years ago

I'm trying to get my SWEP1 software up to 1.5 - it is currently at 1.3
I dug out my old laptop with Windows XP and the updater seems to run Then I finally found the null modem cable that someone disconnected and left in the back of the game, not at the coin door. It appears I don't have a place to connect the null modem cable to my laptop. Has anyone else run into this problem?

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I'm trying to get my SWEP1 software up to 1.5 - it is currently at 1.3
I dug out my old laptop with Windows XP and the updater seems to run Then I finally found the null modem cable that someone disconnected and left in the back of the game, not at the coin door. It appears I don't have a place to connect the null modem cable to my laptop. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Modern laptops and computers in general don't have serial ports anymore. You need something like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-Prolific-PL2303HX-Chipset/dp/B00425S1H8

(I have no idea if this works for the Pin2K update software but I use this particular cable for work all the time to connect to servers).

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from oohlou:

Modern laptops and computers in general don't have serial ports anymore. You need something like this:
amazon.com link »
(I have no idea if this works for the Pin2K update software but I use this particular cable for work all the time to connect to servers).

Well, that appears to work in principle, but i would need a female DB9 to USB.

I do have a female HD15 VGA on my old laptop, and i could an adapter that went DB9 female to HD15 male. Does anyone know if this will work? I'm worried the HD15 VGA only supports the video signal and isn't an actual com port?

#96 9 years ago

VGA is video only. You will need the usb to serial adapter.

#97 9 years ago

Bailorgana, There are two types of Serial DB9 ports: one for PCs and the other for peripherals. To go from PC to peripheral you need a straight serial cable. To go from PC to PC you need a null modem cable. I think the cable in your RFM is only a straight cable (e.g. it is male at the coin door. That is what is in my RFM). Since you are trying to do a PC (laptop) to PC (RFM) connection you need a null modem cable.

So you can buy a full null modem cable like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Modem-Serial-P450-006/dp/B000067SCH

Or you can buy a little null modem adapter like this:
http://smile.amazon.com/StarTech-RS232-Serial-Modem-Adapter/dp/B000DZH4V0

Either way, you still need the USB-to-serial adapter I linked to earlier. So you the full chain looks like this:

[your laptop] -> [USB-to-Serial adapter] -> [Null modem serial cable] -> [straight serial cable inside RFM] -> [RFM's PC]

2 weeks later
#98 9 years ago

Bump

new version with bug fixes

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Bump
new version with bug fixes

Do i need to update anything on my end? I have version 1.8 installed about two weeks ago.

Im getting closer to connecting! Got the CPU and CRT issues fixed, new network card installed, upgraded RAM. Playfield is almost ready for showtime! Just a few more days and i will be joining you!!!

#100 9 years ago

BTW anyone looking to do this.....

The network card is available for $15 right now on ebay!

ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-pinball-2000-server/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.