6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by rygar
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Are you interested in a working pinball online tournament server? Or is it a dead scene?

#2 6 years ago

I would join.

#3 6 years ago

Sure, I would be

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

I would be down with this.........But is it blessed by a Rabbi?

#6 6 years ago

Hell yeah

#7 6 years ago

The english translation isn't ready yet. And it works currently...

#8 6 years ago

I would get Nucore just for this.

#9 6 years ago

This would be cool

#10 6 years ago

I have a Nucore still in the box that I really need to get into my RFM.

I'm interested in what you're putting together too, sounds cool.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from annointed:

I have a Nucore still in the box that I really need to get into my RFM.

I'm interested in what you're putting together too, sounds cool.

LOL. I'm in same situation. +1

#12 6 years ago

Could I take off the glass..??

#13 6 years ago

Is there an API on what P2K pushes to the server? I'm working on an online tournament system now and trying to interface different platforms to it.

#14 6 years ago

I'd put mine online if there was a server...

Jaz

#15 6 years ago

I'm down if they ever make nucore agian.

#16 6 years ago

The Server is already running very well. Perhaps the translation will be online today.

#17 6 years ago

The translation is done roughly. I would be happy to get some feedback.

Read the instruction carefully. Your GameID is needed to unlock your game.

#18 6 years ago

Nobody interessted?

#19 6 years ago

So this will not work with original computer?

#20 6 years ago

At the moment, unfortunately not yet.
I'm waiting for the SMC networkcard, then I can test it.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

LOL. I'm in same situation. +1

me also, LOL. Expensive insurance that I could have likely spent the cash on something better...

#22 6 years ago

I'm in immediately if the original hardware can be used

#23 6 years ago

Might try to get a Pinbox setup going this weekend to join.

#24 6 years ago

i have both machines set up with nucore. my biggest issue is getting internet into the gameroom.

#25 6 years ago

Maybe you can use wifi sticks?

#26 6 years ago

Tests with the old computer were successful.

Now I have to translate it.

#27 6 years ago

Oh man lets do this

#28 6 years ago

I would be happy to see some new "opponents".

#29 6 years ago

Dead Scene

#30 6 years ago

I may give this is a shot. I need to figure out what to do for the 2nd computer.... I'm thinking maybe I can use one of those cheap USB-powered linux sticks.

Oh, and I guess I need to update my RFM code to version 1.7 or 1.8. Is that correct?

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I may give this is a shot. I need to figure out what to do for the 2nd computer.... I'm thinking maybe I can use one of those cheap USB-powered linux sticks.
Oh, and I guess I need to update my RFM code to version 1.7 or 1.8. Is that correct?

Which System do you have?

If you use the original computer than you have to install a programm called python 2.7. All needed files are on the website. In addition to the RFM update.

Do you mean WLAN/wifi sticks?

Correct you have to install RFM 1.7 or 1.8.

#32 6 years ago

I have the original P2K system. For the 2nd computer that needs to run the python, I was thinking I could use one of those mini linux sticks. I don't have a wired network connection in my gameroom (so I can't just connect the P2K network card into my network). So if I can figure out a way to network the linux stick to the P2K ethernet card (I have a USB LAN adapter I could try), then the linux stick can talk to the outside world via its wireless. Look ma, no wires!

#33 6 years ago

I'd be on this in a heartbeat if I had one of the p2k kits. Alas I sold an EP1 kit last year not long after getting the p2k machine.

#34 6 years ago

Just received a network card and will hopefully be adding it this weekend to our SWE1.

#35 6 years ago

Once I pick up my RFM (tomorrow), and get it going, I will give this a shot. I just hope there will be people to play.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I have the original P2K system. For the 2nd computer that needs to run the python, I was thinking I could use one of those mini linux sticks. I don't have a wired network connection in my gameroom (so I can't just connect the P2K network card into my network). So if I can figure out a way to network the linux stick to the P2K ethernet card (I have a USB LAN adapter I could try), then the linux stick can talk to the outside world via its wireless. Look ma, no wires!

I have a raspberry pi. Low cost but high potential and it run with Linux.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Ahoernchen:

Correct you have to install RFM 1.7 or 1.8.

Where do you get RFM v1.7 or v1.8?

#38 6 years ago

Likewise where do you get SWEP1 1.5 I thought 1.4 was the last.

If it works with 1.4 I'll have a crack at it this weekend.

#40 6 years ago

Cheers, just found 1.5 on ipdb, not sure how I missed it, I'll have to borrow a work pc to upgrade it as I only have 64bit computers.

Also just checked my SWEP1 box and no network card, so I'll have to source an ISA network card as well.

#41 6 years ago

Wow, SMC8416T network cards are quite expensive now!

Got a friend with an old circa 2000 server, going to check if it's network card is SMC8416T, otherwise I can source one from Sydney for a bit cheaper than ebay. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

#42 6 years ago

Note that this is the only working type. Only SMC 8416

#43 6 years ago

Anyone tried`?

#44 6 years ago

I have ordered a Vinitage SMC 8416T ISA card from the USA, cost US$50 including shipping, should be here by the end of the month, so until it arrives not much I can do, but I will install the pyton software on my pc ready.

#45 6 years ago

I've installed Python 2.7, but can't seem to find the file, "server-old-PC.rar" to download?

#46 6 years ago

Server P2000
The playfieldglass is a bit dusty

#47 6 years ago

Hrm... definitely interested, but have an original computer, and not a lot of time soon to set up a Pi to run the python part...

#48 6 years ago

The server files can be run on a Windows PC. You must only install python 2.7 on it.

#49 6 years ago

Yeah, but it would work a whole lot better for me if the PC were inside the Pin2k cabinet. And I already have a Pi not doing anything.

#50 6 years ago

With the help of Anoernchen our RFM is now connected to the tournament server! Woot!!!

We are running RFM v1.5 and while there is no indication locally that we are connected to the tournament server, our scores *ARE* being submitted and accepted by said server.

I will update to 1.7 or 1.8 later today or tomorrow so hopefully that will let us see all the tournament scores actually *ON* our RFM.

Thanks again Pascal!!!

Next up is our SWE1...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 118 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside