Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hipster.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Hey folks, I have a gallery in orange county, Ca. I primarily open to show my own art once a month for the artwalk, or use the space to create projects, like a high art mame machine. I'm thinking of opening the space up to pinball as well as art. It's 450 sq feet, about enough room for 6 pins. Each month we could rotate the games out and have competition play. Since we would be open during the artwalk, we would attract the young hipsters to play pinball too. Anybody interested in this? I will make ranking boards and tokens to play!

Barry

#2 12 years ago

That sounds great. I will show up for that!

Do I need to do more than show up?

steve

#3 12 years ago

we would attract the young hipsters to play pinball too.

Great! I will bring the bait...

hipster.jpghipster.jpg

What would you like me to do with them once we've caught 'em?!?

#4 12 years ago

Is that a Gorilla trap Nimble?

#5 12 years ago

Lol that's pretty funny. Let's keep this thread going so I can guage how many local pinheads would want to participate. We would need to rotate out pins each month, would people be willing to donate their pin for a weekend? I would imagine we could get businesses to do the same and have them as a sponsor for that month. Before the artwalk we could have club talk where we can show or offer to sell parts or services for pins.

#6 12 years ago

Great idea, I would definitely come up to an event or two.

#7 12 years ago

Sounds like an awesome idea. You might want to contact Chris from the Orange County pinball league to see if you can get the word out to more pinheads. http://www.ocpinball.com/league/

#8 12 years ago

Ahh, I didn't even know that existed. Yeah, sounds like we can work together.

#9 12 years ago

Seems cool. Would try to attend

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from Slaymetender:

Ahh, I didn't even know that existed. Yeah, sounds like we can work together.

It would be cool if you could host a league meeting. It usually takes 8 or more games though, not sure you have the room for that or the 40+ people that show up monthly.

#11 12 years ago

I doubt I could fit 8 Plus pins comfortablely but I'm sure I could get space in a neighboring gallery for overflow.

#12 12 years ago

Hmmm... that's interesting. Which complex are you in? My wife and I just opened escrow on a loft in downtown SNA and I was thinking of doing pretty much the same exact thing once we closed and got settled in.

#13 12 years ago

I'm at the Santiago street lofts next to the train depot.

#14 12 years ago

Ah... we'll be at "Artists" over on Bush closer to downtown. In any case, I'm completely interested in being part of something like this so please, keep in touch.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-oc-pinball-galleryclub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.