Topic poll

“Would you buy a Magic Girl if production was increased?”

• 200 unit limit @ $10,000 43 votes
    27%
  • 100 unit limit @ $15,000 5 votes
    3%
  • 50 unit limit @ $20,000 3 votes
    2%
  • I don't care how nice it looks, or how little is produced, no machine is worth those prices! 106 votes
    68%

(Multiple choice - 157 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So given JPOP has finally started showing us Magic girl, who would consider buying it? Despite the frustration many have faced with the production timelines, I think we all can agree on a few things.

1. JPOP has an amazing skills as it relates to designing pinball machines.
2. None of us want to see JPOP go tits up.
3. Creating a limited run game of only 19 units does nothing to advance pinball.
4. Without additional backing to get this game done, it may never get produced.

PS, Not knowing the margins or economies of scale, I am not sure my production/costs numbers align with reality. I am just trying to see what interest would be out there.

#3 9 years ago

I thought I heard they are making around 20, I think someone mentioned the most recent buyers paid $18,000????

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Why not just post what you would pay and see if people think you are in the right ballpark.

No machine is worth more than $8000 in my book. I would never consider it. The most I have ever paid for a machine is $6300. I get the whole limited edition concept, I just don't trust it as I have been burned in my other hobbies. When Big Bang Bar remakes are selling in a few years for $8000 I will thank myself for not buying into the hype. It's the lesson of the Walking Dead Premium all over again. Where there is money to be made, it will be made. It doesn't matter how many JPOP makes, if he dies and his wife sells Zidware, who's to say the new owner won't make another 500???

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedarkknight77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-magic-girl-poll-included?tu=thedarkknight77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.