Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ij brass.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hey everyone,

Spoke with Kerry from Mantis Amusements the other day about recreating the prototype style Indiana Jones path of adventure stainless metal siderails and thought I would start a thread to gage interest for him. These would replace the red plastic ones that are on all of the games that were sold beyond the prototypes. He stated that many years ago he had made the files needed to get these made, but didn't think that the interest was high enough then due to price. He also stated that he had planned to make these stainless pieces etched with the textured finish that the plastic pieces have now. These would look very high end in my opinion if brassed, chromed or even powder coated. I am putting this out there to gage interest so I could report back to him to see if it would be worth his time. These are very sought after by most people that see them, but supposedly can only be obtained by owning one of the prototype IJ pins. Post here if you would be interested in a set and up to what price point. I know that they wouldn't be cheap, (back then I believe he was looking at around 150ish, but don't hold to that as I'm sure costs have gone up). I'll report back to him with these findings. I believe it would need to be at least 50 to make it worth while. For a pic of these check check below...these are a pic from a restore on HEP's gallery.

ij brass.jpgij brass.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Count me in. I'd prefer them to be etched.

#3 9 years ago

I would like a set willing to pay 400.00 For the set

#4 9 years ago

I've got a sample game that already has these.

I'd buy another set at the $150 target price if it'd help get them made... more than that, I'm content with the set I have

#5 9 years ago

Keep these replies coming....the quicker I get a group of people together, the quicker i can get the info to Kerry..

#6 9 years ago

If they turn out to be under $200 I'll take the extra set that Mayster's $400 would cover.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

If they turn out to be under $200 I'll take the extra set that Mayster's $400 would cover.

#8 9 years ago

I would be in if they were any less than $200. I'd have to think about it if it came out to be more than that. Kind of torn on the finish... I think etched (or possibly etched brass?) would be good.

#9 9 years ago

Can you make the POA actually work without having to be dialed in to the nth degree ? If so I'm in

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

stainless pieces etched with the textured finish that the plastic pieces have now

and brassed plated now you're talking.

#11 9 years ago

I would be interested thanks

#12 9 years ago

bump..

#13 9 years ago

If you make these make sure you leave enough clearance around the lower plastic post on the upper lane guide assembly. IIRC a lot of games need to leave off the rubber on this plastic post because the ball gets stuck between it and the ball guides.

#14 9 years ago

count me in...

#15 9 years ago

Someone near me has a proto with these. I always thought they were not as nice as the red transparent plastics. I prefer the plastics over just more metal "lane guide" so to speak. He did his entire game in brass, along with these and the left ramp. Looks nice, but I still prefer the red.

Cool someone is making the option for those that want it though.

#16 9 years ago

I would be interested in a set as well, preferably etched.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 85.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-indiana-jones-prototype-style-metal-siderails and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.