Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Interest in and info needed Williams Aux Driver Board A-16100”

• I would buy one - Kit 4 votes
      44%
    • I would buy one finished 1 vote
      11%
    • Not interested 4 votes
      44%

(9 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A-16100.jpg
    16100-aa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

[quoted image]
    Where ST:tng is the only one that drives coils and giving the most problems with blown transistors.
    (In most cases still an easy repair as long there are no holes burnt into the PCB)
    And if you are going to re-design this board, be sure to add the resistors (pull down for D0-D7, pull-up for CLK)
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-coil-38-is-always-energized-even-with-a-new-8-board-driver#post-2973924
    https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation

I think most of the issues I’ve read about were related to Star Trek and besides the mods to the 8 driver board the tie back mod needs to be done.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nacman:

I want to gauge interest for producing an A-16100 Aux 8 driver board as originally designed. I have the Rottendog version and I think it is responsible for my chattering.

What I need but haven't found yet, is a description of the board switches for which game. I need to know how the board is switched for a particular game. DOes anyone have this?
    Please let me know if this would be of interest to the community.
    -Nacman

What game and what “chattering” issue are you trying to fix? Have you tried an original board?

There are jumpers on that board but I haven’t seen anyone make a reference matrix of it for each game. The jumper settings should be in the manual for each game that uses that board. Shouldn’t take long to create one.

I have a STTNG and this board had issues (along with many others). I just fixed my board and did the mods. When I checked the jumper settings from the manual those were off too. Apparently the board had come from a different game.

Does the RD board have jumpers?

#10 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nacman:

I gotta admit, am a little frustrated with the lack of help or response. I get asked a question, and I respond, trying to give as much detail and then crickets. I have asked in three separate posts for help. Then I post here about making an original board (frustration and part throwing) and then I get asked about "What Chattering" and I even post a video of it. I thought I fixed it a couple weeks ago, but that was wishful impatience on my part.
    I am not as qualified or seasoned with pin repair as most on here. I know what is going on with my machine is not normal and I am at the end of my knowledge rope in what to test in what order. I have all the equipment someone could probably ask me to test with, I just need to be given some input and a little help to perform.

Quoted from Nacman:

I gotta admit, am a little frustrated with the lack of help or response. I get asked a question, and I respond, trying to give as much detail and then crickets. I have asked in three separate posts for help. Then I post here about making an original board (frustration and part throwing) and then I get asked about "What Chattering" and I even post a video of it. I thought I fixed it a couple weeks ago, but that was wishful impatience on my part.
    I am not as qualified or seasoned with pin repair as most on here. I know what is going on with my machine is not normal and I am at the end of my knowledge rope in what to test in what order. I have all the equipment someone could probably ask me to test with, I just need to be given some input and a little help to perform.

We all like responses right away but with the Holidays approaching we all have a lot going on. There are probably some dealing with some wild weather and I have a friend that just lost his garage when a huge tree dropped on it. Distractions from pinball….

Your video does help show what the issue is. My own Star Trek makes a similar buzz when the drop resets but not the chattering part where it looks like it wants to reset. To me it looks like it could be something in that drop assembly. Mine was an absolute mess and just dropped in a whole new assembly from Pinball life. I think it would help get more eyes on the issue and there are others that have had their Star Trek for much longer and have deeper knowledge of this specific game. Would be good to post the video in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sttng-owners-club

I’m sure someone has probably come across it before or will have other suggestions on what to try next.

From the description on the Rottendog board it mentions they got all the possible jumpers down to just one. If you have or can find a schematic for that see what that one controls.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Robotworkshop.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-and-info-needed-williams-aux-driver-board-a-16100?tu=Robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.