(Topic ID: 17303)

Interest in a pinball league in the Kentuckiana area? (Louisville/Southern IN)

By RC_like_the_cola

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 11 years ago

I'd be in for a bi-weekly league or monthly event. If it were a league it could be submitted for IFPA sanctioning if it were to meet IFPA requirements. The top players would earn IFPA points towards the World Pinball Rankings. There are also several leagues around the country that might let you use their bylaws as a guide line for setting up the league. Anyone interested in organizing a league??? If I didn't work such odd hours I'd be happy to help organize a league, but my schedule just doesn't allow me to take on something of that magnitude...

A word of caution on ZBar though... If you go there JUST to play pinball, eat and have a few drinks like my wife and I do, check their calander first and make sure there isn't a concert going on. We went there a few Saturdays ago when a former member of Sonic Youth was performing and they wanted $18 a pop to get in. We were a little disappointed but certainly not discouraged.

-Steve Ridge
    Louisville, KY

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Sounds like get togethers would be easier. After I get AC/DC premium in, I'd be up for hosting the first of many. This is my 3rd pin. It is joining a BSD and TSPP. #4 should be coming along by the end of the year. I have plenty of arcade games as well to keep folks interested.

I agree, an actual league is a lot of work. I was reading the rules for the Chicago Pinball Mafia league online ( http://www.pinballmafia.net/pinball_rules_2012.pdf ) and it's not so much that the rules are that complicated, it would be having enough interest to start it and commitment from the players to keep it going and make it work. Their league is monthly too so that would make make it easier for everyone to plan ahead more so than bi-weekly... We could start with get togethers and see where it goes from there... Sounds like fun to me!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdrums2112.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-in-a-pinball-league-in-the-kentuckiana-area-louisvillesouthern-in?tu=vdrums2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.