20LEDbar_2 (resized).jpg
20LEDbar_1 (resized).jpg
IMG-20170208-WA0012 (resized).jpeg
close1 (resized).jpg
close2 (resized).jpg
20170103_004640 (resized).jpg
20170103_004140(0) (resized).jpg
20161229_235608 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

Anything that helps make diagnosis easier will undoubtedly save games.

For myself, I can do a lot of basic board repairs, but since I don't have a background in electronics or design, some of the low-level stuff that needs a scope and some of the high-level stuff digital stuff is a little beyond me, so good diagnostic tools generally help fill in the gaps. I imagine a lot of pinball enthusiasts like me fall somewhere in the middle.

However, sales for diagnostic tools will probably be limited because you would only sell 1 per customer (rather than a product that needs to be refilled or used once per game), and only a small subset of all zaccaria owners. So, it will probably need to be a labor of love more than something that you will expect to make a hefty profit from.

1 week later
#13 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

it's complicated to have one single solution without conversion connectors or wiring.

Could you make something work with dip switches or jumpers?

Quoted from gianfri:

Going to the LED vs bars solution, yes, again you're right but I was considering that using real 5mm LEDs you can much more easily recognize the correct output without using a magnifier (meaning that the bar indicator is really small)

They aren't quite *that* small. For example: http://pinitech.com/products/ballystern_sdb_tester.php

Quoted from gianfri:

you solder the same number of pins no matter you use single LED or LED bars

The LED bars a bit quicker to place and solder since it's just one component (place it once, and just go down the lines soldering the legs) and not 8-10 separate components (placing each individual component, bending the legs, and soldering each one)

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Unfortunately this would not solve the problem of having a standard solutition for all Zaccaria boards due to the different header dimensions.
As I said before, the G1 has 18pins outputs and the G2 20pin outputs.

Hmm..

How about a PCB that has a 18-pin connector on one edge, and a 20-pin connector on the other? Then you just flip the PCB around depending on which one you need?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside