Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by eLLuiGi
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpg
    IMG_20180802_1434272.jpg
    IMG_1007 (resized).jpg
    There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

awaiting payment to ship

1. Tyamry - [AC] - invoiced jul.18 - pymt rec'd (shipping mid aug per request)
    2. TheHueManatee - [AC] - invoiced jul.26

<string>legend: [AC] = address confirmed

shipped: 2018.jul.19
    Funkbuster, MadPole, dawgs, Vin, TG, Sijcolo, bemmett, goingincirclez, Rush1169, acaciolo
    PinHacks, alienagent, Bangback, Grizlyrig, Indusguys, geet84

shipped: 2018.jul.20
    Netzley_Crunch, PinZombie, murdock

shipped: 2018.jul.21
    St0n3PiraT3

shipped: 2018.jul.23
    Rush1169 (clock no. 2), billyboy

I am not taking any additional names for a "waiting list", however if any clocks have not been paid for and shipped 2 weeks after they are made available, I will list those for any newcomers.

clock description:
    assembled using custom laser-cut acrylic panels, the clocks use (2) two P5 sized rgb LED panels, which are mounted side-by-side to display the 128x32 dot resolution (just like a pinball DMD). each clock measures approximately 28.00" (w) x 7.50" (h) x 1.50" (d)
    although the clock can only display monochrome colored animations, the user has the ability to select between one of 7 colors (red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, teal or white) by toggling the six dip switches accessible from the backside of the clock (see below for legend)

the clocks ship ready to mount on the wall (with 2 hanging holes [16" on center]) or can be placed on a shelf or desktop. only a small amount of assembly is required (to install the front panel using the enclosed hardware and tools
    the front, transparent gray acrylic panel is shipped with the protective paper still attached on both sides to prevent any accidental scratches during transit

featuring a custom designed, laser cut acrylic front and rear panels, the front is a dark transparent grey (to neatly hide the internal components when the clock is not powered on) and the rear panel is black with material that has a glossy front side and matte back side (to help reduce/eliminate fingerprints).
    custom cut-outs in the rear panel allow access to: CR2032 battery, the power cable port, a 6-pin ICSP header to facilitate updating the run-dmd pc board's firmware and the 6 toggle switch block to change the clock's display color

color selectable dip-switch settings:
    on-off-off-on-off-off = red
    off-on-off-off-on-off = green
    off-off-on-off-off-on = blue
    on-on-off-on-on-off = yellow
    on-off-on-on-off-on = purple
    off-on-on-off-on-on = teal
    on-on-on-on-on-on = white

on - up, off - down

information regarding how to adjust the many options found in the clock can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.52_Menu_Navigation.pdf

the cost per clock is $450 plus shipping, and each clock includes the following:
    - a mostly assembled run-dmd clock
    - (1) CR2032 lithium coin battery (to store all user defined settings and keep time when the clock is powered off)
    - (1) 5v, 10a power supply to power the clock with a 6' grounded 3-prong cable (north american standard)

video of retromanIE's clock from the batch 5

NOTE:
    please take the time to read the .pdf user guide linked above prior to attempting to change/adjust any of the clock settings (especially the ones under the TOOLS menu option

PLEASE READ the NOTE at the bottom of this post PRIOR attempting to modify the settings of your clock

activating the "detect DMD" option will attempt to re-detect the various compatible dmd panel types connected to your run-dmd pc board. if your panels are working correctly, you DO NOT want to select this option

NOTE 2:
    if you turn off the clock prior to selecting a new display type, your clock will not display correctly the next time you power it up after selecting this option. if you do select this option, you need to go through the process of re-selecting the correct display type (by pressing and holding down button 3, while powering up the clock and then waiting for the display types to begin to cycle and confirming the correct display type with button 4

the software required re-image your SD card using hdd raw copy
    http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Setup.exe

NOTE 3:
    DO NOT attempt to read the SD card in your computer. due to the nature of how the information is [blindly] written, your computer will report that the card is not formatted. DO NOT format the card, otherwise you will lose all of your settings and animations stored on the SD card

one final note:
    with the help of another pinsider, I have determined the cause for the [white/blue] dots when selecting the purple color as a display option so this is no longer an issue.

if you purchased a clock from my last batch and are experiencing this issue. please contact me via pm to coordinate getting a fix to you. please note that this will require that you completely disassemble the clock to replace the defective component.

#2 5 years ago

Awesome you can count on me for sure, I definitly need that beast !!!

#3 5 years ago

Add me to the list, please.

#4 5 years ago

Sign me up - thanks!

#5 5 years ago

Me too! Put me on the list.

#6 5 years ago

In for one.

#7 5 years ago

I’m in for one. Put me on the list.

#8 5 years ago

In!

#9 5 years ago

I'm in for one as well. Please put Netzley_Crunch on the list.

#10 5 years ago

I'm in as well. I thought I missed this.

#11 5 years ago

I'm in

#12 5 years ago

halfway there in a day. apparently, there might be enough demand to get this done

#13 5 years ago

Very interested, but I looked at the linked PDF and didn't see details on where to get the animations, or how to add/remove/customize them? Is a library included with the clock (I presume not), or (from where) do we have to obtain and install them?

#14 5 years ago

Been in since the beginning, you guys will not be disappointed!
    Such a great add-on in your gameroom

An d j_m_ ‘s frame is top-notch

#15 5 years ago

These are great! Definitely worth the money! Also excellent support from J_M!

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Very interested, but I looked at the linked PDF and didn't see details on where to get the animations, or how to add/remove/customize them? Is a library included with the clock (I presume not), or (from where) do we have to obtain and install them?

I would like a detailed answer to this as well. PM me if needed.
    -Mike

#17 5 years ago

Count me in for one! Nice...

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I would like a detailed answer to this as well. PM me if needed.
    -Mike

The latest file is included with the kit on a SD card. You assemble a few things, plug it in and it's ready to go.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

The latest file is included with the kit on a SD card. You assemble a few things, plug it in and it's ready to go.

Thank you.
    -Mike

#21 5 years ago

Even my wife (not interested in Pinball) loves our clock!

#22 5 years ago

Ok- I’m in

#23 5 years ago

i’m in for 1

#24 5 years ago

I'm in for one!

#25 5 years ago

I would like to be in for 1 please!

#26 5 years ago

Yes, please; count me in!!

#27 5 years ago

I will take one.

#28 5 years ago

J_m please add my name to the list! I’ll take one for my office!

#29 5 years ago

2018.jun.01 update
    given the rather enthusiastic response, I've gone ahead and ordered nearly all of the hardware required to assemble everything. I'm just waiting on a quote for the ac adapters. the LED panels and ac adapters will be ordered this weekend and the run-dmd pc board order placed next week

that only leaves the acrylic panels, which will be ordered once I have a confirmed shipping date from linus on the pc boards

as stated earlier, the [root cause] with the color purple has been solved and I will be making my own flat ribbon cables instead of using the "garbage" ones shipped with the LED panels. the costs (and time) associated with these are not too bad, so I'm going to absorb it myself instead of increasing the cost of the clocks

#30 5 years ago

Put me down for one. Thanks
    -Mike

#31 5 years ago

Ok I am in as well

#32 5 years ago

minimum # reached. only 4 slots left

note: due to how quantities have to be ordered, there will be no extras. the number is 3... I mean 24

#33 5 years ago

And the number of the counting shall be 3. No more. No less.

#34 5 years ago

Ok I am in, put me on the list!

#35 5 years ago

I so don't need it. But there was apart of me that was considering a second one.
    Truly, most amazing clock ever.

#36 5 years ago

Looks like I was left off the last updated list... Count me in for one. Thanks!

#37 5 years ago

Put me on the list, I will take one.

#38 5 years ago

2018.jun.01 update 2
    the list is now full up. I'm sorry in advance to anyone that was on the fence and didn't pull the trigger

updates will come on a semi-regular basis (anytime that I have something to add concerning parts arrival, component construction, etc...)
    I will start by trying to get ahead of things and construct as many of the flat ribbon cables that I have raw materials for this weekend. (the rest will be fulfilled with my amazon.com order

#39 5 years ago

Are you doing a waitlist if someone doesn't pay? If so, I'd be interested.

#40 5 years ago

Don't know how I missed this. If anyone of the list has second thoughts let me know and I'll happily take your place.

#41 5 years ago

I think the new boards are shipping with version 3.53? Here’s a link for the PDF for the newer version:

http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.53_Menu_Navigation.pdf

#42 5 years ago

2018.jun.03 update
    - ac adapters have been ordered
    - wire transfer for the the LED panels and run-dmd boards will occur this week

that only leaves the shipping boxes and acrylic to still be ordered (and I prefer to wait until the LED panels are received before ordering the acrylic to ensure that the mounting pattern has remained the same and is compatible with my existing frames. otherwise, I will need to [tweak] my design before placing that order

this should put the delivery of all of the components around the 1st week of july

#43 5 years ago

2018.jun.04 update
    - the LED panels have been ordered

#44 5 years ago

2018.jun.05 update
    it's a good thing that I spoke with the supplier for the LED panels. it appears that the frame design is changing yet again

the wire transfer for the run-dmd pc boards should happen this evening, leaving only the cardboard boxes and acrylic left to order
    oh, one more thing... the allen keys (M2 and M2.5) that I include with the clocks, arrived yesterday

#45 5 years ago

Just curious j_m_ could your awesome dmd clock ever work with a colour dmd feed to display all the animations in colour?

Sorry if this has been asked before and I’ve been the Q&A.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Just curious j_m_ could your awesome dmd clock ever work with a colour dmd feed to display all the animations in colour?
    Sorry if this has been asked before and I’ve been the Q&amp;A.

this is really a question for the developers of the run-dmd pc board (limpan and torbjorn), however to the best of my knowledge the answer is 'no'
    mainly for the following reasons:
    - the boardset that is currently being used is already maxed out (bandwidth and processing wise)
    - all of the 2,302 animations (currently available in run-dmd) would need to be hand coloured (frame by frame) and then re-imported

ddebuss, pinballmiked and I toyed around with developing 2 stand-alone products featuring either the colorized ac/dc or metallica animations with clock functionality, based on the coloring that mike and I did for those titles but it was never developed past the proof of concept phase

ps
    the "run-dmd" clock is really not mine. I'm merely the poor fool that continues to source all of necessary components from across the globe and offer them in an assembled format. other than source the components and providing the assembly (and testing to ensure everything works), I'm just responsible for modifying the acrylic frames into the neat and tidy package that it is.

I will probably make one last modification to these frames and make accessing the battery and plugging in the power cord a bit easier for those with larger hands

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

More
    this is really a question for the developers of the run-dmd pc board (limpan and torbjorn), however to the best of my knowledge the answer is 'no'
    mainly for the following reasons:
    - the boardset that is currently being used is already maxed out (bandwidth and processing wise)
    - all of the 2,302 animations (currently available in run-dmd) would need to be hand coloured (frame by frame) and then re-imported
    ddebuss, pinballmiked and I toyed around with developing 2 stand-alone products featuring either the colorized ac/dc or metallica animations with clock functionality, based on the coloring that mike and I did for those titles but it was never developed past the proof of concept phase
    ps
    the "run-dmd" clock is really not mine. I'm merely the poor fool that continues to source all of necessary components from across the globe and offer them in an assembled format. other than source the components and providing the assembly (and testing to ensure everything works), I'm just responsible for modifying the acrylic frames into the neat and tidy package that it is.
    I will probably make one last modification to these frames and make accessing the battery and plugging in the power cord a bit easier for those with larger hands

Awesome thanks for the detailed reply, appreciate the informative response.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Sorry if this has been asked before and I’ve been the Q&amp;A.

It's pretty much exactly as j_m_ described. The Run-DMD in it's current state is not capable of handling individual colors on the HUB75 panels. I don't have all the data, but hardware wise it's doing a superb job handling, shuffling data and updating the animations even with all 16 shades without any hickups, but a full color solution would be too much for the current hardware.

Torbjörn (the creator and brain behind the Run-DMD) has said that it would be possible (in theory) to build a "true color" Run-DMD, but pricing wise that would cost probably the double, and I've not heard him talking about it in the last two years, so I would say it's probably not going to happen in the near future.

j_m_ has been a great partner in the last few years spreading the word of the Run-DMD in the USA. Shipping complete clocks from Sweden would have been impossible with the current postage rates, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to build so many complete kits as he has done, so we're very thankful for all the work he's done for the Run-DMD and the community.

#49 5 years ago

Ill take someone’s spot if they want to get off this list... thanks in advance

#50 5 years ago

A guy on Hyper Free Spin forum also does some with color but they look less classy than the one here

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clocks-absolutely-the-final-batch?hl=screaminsauce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.