1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by eLLuiGi
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images.jpg
    IMG_20180802_1434272.jpg
    IMG_1007 (resized).jpg

There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Your step by step updates are very commendable for the current order group.
    Your customer service is top notch among the mod makers here on pinside.
    Disclose; very satisfied prior customer!
    Thank you for your work in the past, and now.

thank you, that means a lot
    I try and provide updates (even if they're small) on a regular basis. and if too much time has passed and there's nothing to report, to do that but let everyone know that they've not been forgotten

#102 1 year ago

2018.jul.17 update
    the run-dmd pc boards should be in my hands today (as long as I can collect them from the post office this evening) and assembly will commence

I am going to send out invoices (via pm) to the first 12 people on the list today since I should be able to assemble and package that many clocks by the weekend. once I complete the assembly and packaging of the first 12 clocks, I will send the rest of the invoices

when the clocks are posted out, I will be updating the OP (as I'm doing now with the invoicing and pymt info). if you see that I've shipped your clock but you have not received an email from usps.com, let me know and I will pm your tracking information

I have reorganized the OP making it easier to see the updated information for invoicing, payment received and shipping commenced

#103 1 year ago

2018.jul.18 update
    much more progress was made last night than anticipated so I've send all of the remaining invoices out this morning. I should have the first 12 clocks all assembled and boxed up by tonight and all those (for people that have paid) will post out tomorrow evening (at the latest)

I'm looking to have all of the clocks assembled by friday now and potentially shipping everything by saturday
    (which is a good thing since I still have way too many other projects going on

#104 1 year ago

Thanks for the job you've made Gonna make some jealous friends with this awesome clock

#105 1 year ago

2018.jul.19 update
    after two nights worth of marathon building sessions, clock assembly is now complete and boxing will begin tonight. all clocks that are PAID for by tomorrow, friday, jul 20 5pm EST will post out tomorrow evening

ps
    this is the best group of buyers thus far in the majority of you submitting payment within 24-48 hours of being invoiced. it truly is making that portion of my job much easier and I thank you for that!

edit:
    I've pre-printed all of the shipping labels for those of you that have already paid so you may receive the email notification from usps.com prior to the clocks actually shipping out. the plus side is that this saved me another 1-2 hours worth of work and will help speed up the boxing process tonight

no promises, but I actually might be able to get everything boxed and posted out tonight

#106 1 year ago

2018.jul.19 update 2
    one of the nice things about being organized and preparing as much in advance as you can allows you to get a lot done in a short period of time when it matters

shipped: 2018.jul.19
    Funkbuster, MadPole, dawgs, Vin, TG, Sijcolo, bemmett, goingincirclez, Rush1169, acaciolo
    PinHacks, alienagent, Bangback, Grizlyrig, Indusguys, geet84

IMG_1007 (resized).jpg

#107 1 year ago

Awesome, thank you!!! Excited to get mine!

#108 1 year ago

One of those rare occasions that you find yourself looking forward to a Monday.

Thank you my friend.

#109 1 year ago

Having awesome skills at Adams family pinball gets me 25 years later getting the best clock ever, destiny thanks jm

#110 1 year ago

Man those are sweet. Any clocks left available? Would love to have one

#111 1 year ago

Can't wait to get this in my games room, thanks for your hard work JM!

#112 1 year ago

Thanks j_m for doing all of this, and spending the time to find the root cause of the purple white dots issue!

#113 1 year ago

Got mine today... what a great item! Very well packed and running purple just fine out of the box.

I had to fix the metal clip on the battery holder, it was bent and would not hold the battery in place. It was difficult to determine if it was bent, or perhaps "made that way" with another retention piece broke or missing... but I was able to bend it up and back into shape with a pick and it now works fine.

Awesome kit, thanks for putting this together! Do you know where I can get the instructions for the new Run-DMD rev? They are not available at the website from what I can tell.

#114 1 year ago

I host the menu navigation guide on my website. they can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.53_Menu_Navigation.pdf

#115 1 year ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

Got mine today... what a great item! Very well packed and running purple just fine out of the box.
    I had to fix the metal clip on the battery holder, it was bent and would not hold the battery in place. It was difficult to determine if it was bent, or perhaps "made that way" with another retention piece broke or missing... but I was able to bend it up and back into shape with a pick and it now works fine.
    Awesome kit, thanks for putting this together! Do you know where I can get the instructions for the new Run-DMD rev? They are not available at the website from what I can tell.

those low profile battery holders can be a pain to insert the battery into. I did make a video on youtube.com that can be viewed here:

#116 1 year ago

Received mine today.
    Arrived in great shape, very well packaged.
    Easy assembly.
    Looks great.
    Trying to decide the best place to display in the game room.

Thanks J M.
    I'm a very happy customer.

#117 1 year ago

2018.jul.22 update
    1 clock is available. 2 people dropped out but I've already reached out and sent an invoice to another person that had expressed interest

#118 1 year ago

What are the odds of you doing another batch of these in the future?

#119 1 year ago

Received mine yesterday. Arrived with no damage. Setup this morning and it looks great!!!! Thanks j_m!

Todd

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from Niterider:

What are the odds of you doing another batch of these in the future?

given the continued demand, I will likely offer 2 batches a year. the next batch will probably be late dec/early jan

#121 1 year ago

Thank you!!!!! I keep missing these for one reason or another. This will be a nice Christmas gift to myself.

#122 1 year ago

I still have one clock available right now, due to a person backing out

edit:
    invoiced another pinsider. waiting to see if the last clock is sold

#123 1 year ago

I can’t jump on the one you have right now, but I should be good to go for your next batch.

#124 1 year ago

2018.jul.23 update
    a final huge thanks for making this run as painless as possible. in less than a week's time, all of the clocks were assembled, people invoiced, payments received and 22 of them posted (as of tonight

definitely the easiest run (logistics wise) to date

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I still have one clock available right now, due to a person backing out
    edit:
    invoiced another pinsider. waiting to see if the last clock is sold

Let me know if they back out

#126 1 year ago

@j_m_
    Thank you, worth every penny.
    The youtube videos really helped me decide to buy. No regrets here.
    -Mike

#127 1 year ago

Looks great! Thanks for all of the effort and time you put in to pull this together.... Now to decide if I need a second one in January.... *hummmm*

#128 1 year ago

I received mine a couple of days ago but haven't had the time to unpackage it.

#129 1 year ago

Can't wait to get my clock now!!

#130 1 year ago

finally received mine today, thank you so much JM it works like a charm just love it bro

#131 1 year ago

Received my clock yesterday, wow what a great present to myself! Me and my son spent almost 1 hour watching and trying to guess which game the animations were from. Thanks again!

One thing I though I'd mention so no one else makes the same mistake as me. I set the clock up in my house before moving to its permanent location. Took some time to make sure all the settings were to my liking, I then unplugged and moved to the games room. Plugged back in and all my info was lost, looks like the battery didn't work or I put the battery in the wrong way? Either way I would suggest you just set the time unplug and see if the clock keeps your setting.

#132 1 year ago

you should hear a click when you plug the battery, the tricking part for me was that the sd card wasn't pluged I had to clip it, kind of scared when didn't start with a red blinking led inside
    Question JM is it possible to put also some williams like adams family on the sd card or is it only made for stern ?

#133 1 year ago

the latest version of the SD card image contains 2,300+ animations and I thought that I had set them to display all animations. if you watch long enough you should start to see animations from bally, williams and data east as well as stern

you can go into the settings and under 'animations' there should be an option for 'display all'. I believe that there is also an option to filter animations, so make sure that option is not turned on

battery installation video link here:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clocks-absolutely-the-final-batch/page/3#post-4504253

#134 1 year ago

Yep, put the battery in the wrong way, funny enough my custom message was still saved?

#135 1 year ago

Have my clock.
    It's awesome, thanks.

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Yep, put the battery in the wrong way, funny enough my custom message was still saved?

that information is saved onto the SD card, that's why

#137 1 year ago

yep i saw the flip thing from my favorite flipper, waiting for the thunder or show time in my country for the multiball () already saw graveyard, in fact my question was to quick before i saw some animations

#138 1 year ago

Got my clock today! Will unbox this weekend

IMG_20180802_1434272.jpg
    2 weeks later
    #139 1 year ago

Just curious...what's everyone's favourite color setting?

#140 1 year ago

Ive gone with yellow for months. Long term, most pleasing on the eyes.

#141 1 year ago

I've been running purple since I got it. May have to give yellow a try.

For those who haven't seen it in person...here's a 30 minute video of the clock in action. I can't praise this clock enough...simply imamaculate!

Thanks again J.M!

#142 1 year ago

you guys do realize that you can turn off the blinking red light on the run-dmd boards (through the menu system), correct? I leave it on as a sanity check to ensure that while testing each and everyone that I assemble, that everything is running ok (blinking about once every second).

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you guys do realize that you can turn off the blinking red light on the run-dmd boards (through the menu system), correct? I leave it on as a sanity check to ensure that while testing each and everyone that I assemble, that everything is running ok (blinking about once every second).

Thanks

images.jpg
    #144 1 year ago

I like the blinking red light the heart beat of the dmd clock thanks again jm love it so much

1 month later
    #145 1 year ago

"my Run-DMD clock has started glitching. It displays a corrupted screen and then returns to clock every 10 seconds instead of showing an animation."

if your clock has started to exhibit these signs, chances are that the SD card has become corrupt and this is what you need to do to fix the issue:

steps to fix corrupted SD cards
    - browse to https://rundmdimage.wordpress.com/ and download the latest firmware
    NOTE: make sure that you are downloading the firmware for the run-dmd EDGE/white boards, not the pico board. the latest version is B134 (fixed image)

- download HDD rawcopy from here: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Portable.exe

- run hdd raw copy and select the image file that you download above as the 'source', then click 'ok'

- select the drive letter containing the SD card (don't worry about your computer complaining the SD card needs to be formatted when you insert it into your reader, the way that the information is written, there is no FAT (file allocation table), which is why windows displays the dialog
    NOTE: make sure to select the proper drive letter. I take no responsibility for anyone not doing so and formatting a partition of their computer's hdd

- press the 'ok' button and let raw copy do it's job of re-imaging the SD card

- replace the SD card into your run-dmd clock. you may or may not have to hold down button 3 and re-select the proper display type. you will need to adjust the settings that I preset on everyone's clock including (setting the time, adjusting the brightness, enabling all animations)
    these adjustments are saved on the SD card which is why you will lose them after re-imaging the SD card

3 weeks later
    #146 11 months ago

just an fyi for everyone that wanted a clock but missed out on this batch. I've started a new interest thread to potential run another batch in time for the xmas holidays
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clock-winter-2018-batch

3 months later
    #147 7 months ago

Hello,

I have already ordered 4 run dmd clock to J_M_ 2 years ago. Great products !!!

Now i'm working on a color dmd clock project here : http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=66819
    (with raspberry inside and arcade animations and pinball animations too, i already make 1100 gifs animation for it).

I'm making the adaptation with your frames (I have only 1 set of rear and front frame bough to J_M_).
    http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=67101

https://hico-srv004.pixhotel.fr/sites/default/files/gamoovernet/20190223190534-eLLuiGi-.jpg

As i know the great quality of your front and rear frame, i would like to order a big amount of frames for the french community but it's very expensive to ship to france with ponoko (shippin cost = 138$ for 1 rear and 1 front frame !!! Incredible it's free to USA) so i'm looking for a solution to order with a cheap shipping cost.

May someone can help us ?

(J_M_ you already have a PM to let me know if you can help us, thx)

#148 7 months ago
    Quoted from eLLuiGi:

Hello,
    I have already ordered 4 run dmd clock to J_M_ 2 years ago. Great products !!!
    Now i'm working on a color dmd clock project here : http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=66819
    (with raspberry inside and arcade animations and pinball animations too, i already make 1100 gifs animation for it).
    I'm making the adaptation with your frames (I have only 1 set of rear and front frame bough to J_M_).
    http://www.neo-arcadia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=67101
    https://hico-srv004.pixhotel.fr/sites/default/files/gamoovernet/20190223190534-eLLuiGi-.jpg
    As i know the great quality of your front and rear frame, i would like to order a big amount of frames for the french community but it's very expensive to ship to france with ponoko (shippin cost = 138$ for 1 rear and 1 front frame !!! Incredible it's free to USA) so i'm looking for a solution to order with a cheap shipping cost.
    May someone can help us ?
    (J_M_ you already have a PM to let me know if you can help us, thx)

If you just need someone to receive your order in the states and re-ship it out to you, I can give you a hand.

#149 7 months ago

Thx for your help my friend ! I will contact you if i need. Thanks !

I also need the first .svg file (rev 1) of the dmd clock because i've just noticed that the v2 is not the same !

1 week later
    #150 7 months ago

yo eLLuiGi, tiens moi au courant de ton projet, j'ai vu tourner celle de franck elle déchire

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 32.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    There are 152 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside