Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0571 (resized).JPG
    20181218_171446 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171526 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171554 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171619 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171648 (resized).jpg
    20181218_112800 (resized).jpg
    Delivered (resized).jpg
    20181211_204546 (resized).jpg
    Wl6dJCp.gif
    underpants_gnomes_2.jpg
    business plan 1.jpg
    south_park_game_-_h_-_2016.jpg
    20181210_203152 (resized).jpg
    EE5476BA-B753-4C81-9C5A-F4ECBE7ADB55 (resized).jpeg
    2BB929C1-6AF6-4913-A109-0CD81C65C05F (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Rock on!!
    Very Nice of you to do another Batch.
    These Truly run the Line of being Museum Pieces, The countless animations are a Blast!
    Best Clock Ever!!!

1 week later
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

These are very cool....my question is how much end user work is required or is it plug and play? Im interested but I don't need another time consuming project

Plug-and-play set color set time.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I was so impressed I took a video for others to see. I highly recommend this amazing clock!!

You know you can turn the blinking red light off????

#51 5 years ago

Mine doesn't make any noise that i can hear. Spent some time working on it when i changed the clock last week. Mine is silent.

2 weeks later
    #72 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.nov.28 update
    full disclosure. I'm an idiot
    when I put together the last batch over the summer, the LED panel vendor mentioned that they were changing the frame design (once again) and I had asked him to send me a blank frame so that I could compare it and make any necessary adjustments going forward.
    apparently, I didn't do that and had completely forgotten that they were different because when the LED panels arrived last week, I compared them to the empty frame and said "yep, they're identical"
    fast forward to last night where I decided to construct a single clock with extra rear panel of acrylic that I had since all my other prep work for this batch was complete) and that's when I found out that the lug pattern had changed again. and while it wasn't enough to notice at a casual glance, this 4mm change in the distance between the top and bottom lugs is enough that the screws no longer line up to fit through the holes on the rear panel
    to correct this, I've made the adjustments to my design and re-ordered 24 additional rear panels from ponoko late, last night. I have an initial ETA for this new order of next tuesday, december 11th.
    in summary:
    a failure on my end has resulted in a costly mistake and a slight delay in being able to assemble and ship the clocks to everyone on the list

That sucks JM.
    So your saying that acrylic matches the last batch? If so, maybe see if any of that group needs a spare.

2 weeks later
    #146 5 years ago

Currently I'm Green for the Holidays!
    It was just on yellow for 5-6 months. I find yellow most pleasing on the eyes long term, and it shows the animations really well.
    Purple is fun and teal works. Red is dead and hurts the pupils.

3 months later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clock-winter-2018-batch?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.