Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0571 (resized).JPG
    20181218_171446 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171526 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171554 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171619 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171648 (resized).jpg
    20181218_112800 (resized).jpg
    Delivered (resized).jpg
    20181211_204546 (resized).jpg
    Wl6dJCp.gif
    underpants_gnomes_2.jpg
    business plan 1.jpg
    south_park_game_-_h_-_2016.jpg
    20181210_203152 (resized).jpg
    EE5476BA-B753-4C81-9C5A-F4ECBE7ADB55 (resized).jpeg
    2BB929C1-6AF6-4913-A109-0CD81C65C05F (resized).png
    There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Have to chime in and say my clock was delivered by hand via vape messenger. Many thanks J_M.

actually, that's not true. I don't vape and never will. I'm allergic to smoke

however, the said "vaper" was in close proximity to me at the time

#152 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

What the hell is a vape messenger?

A bike messenger auto corrected from someone that types vape a lot?

#153 5 years ago

2018.dec.19 update
    the final parcel is finally getting close. it arrived from dubai into sydney and is now making its way to the final destination city

it looks like everyone will have their clocks in time for xmas

#154 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you lose 6 pts for changing the color back to red

Just wanted to let you know that I refreshed the SD card and everything is working again. Thanks for the hint!

(And BTW, I did set it to purple. Didn't want to get in trouble since it was set to red...)

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.dec.19 update
    the final parcel is finally getting close. it arrived from dubai into sydney and is now making its way to the final destination city
    it looks like everyone will have their clocks in time for xmas

wonder if that was mine as another Aussie got his about a week ago..... if it doesn't arrive today the PO is closed until end of next week... which is ok

#156 5 years ago

Has anyone found a mounting kit for hiding the wires in the wall that they’d suggest? I’d move to mount this in a prominent location - without the icky power cable running visibly up the wall.

#157 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Has anyone found a mounting kit for hiding the wires in the wall that they’d suggest? I’d move to mount this in a prominent location - without the icky power cable running visibly up the wall.

Cable channels, all sorts colors and shapes.
    https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Shield-Cord-Cover-Length/dp/B0030W6TGE/ref=sr_1_17
    That would be on the wall though, in the wall would require drilling and fishing around.

#158 5 years ago

I got mine today but just wish Santa delivered not via US, Dubia and Australian Post - back panel broken in 5 pieces, not complaining as not your fault J_M_ as had heaps of padding etc. Postal people just don't care.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I got mine today but just wish Santa delivered not via US, Dubia and Australian Post - back panel broken in 5 pieces, not complaining as not your fault J_M_ as had heaps of padding etc. Postal people just don't care.

Oh that is bad news, sorry to hear that. It must have copped a beating to suffer that kind of damage! Mine was packed extremely well, which I'm sure yours would have been too.

#160 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer73:

Oh that is bad news, sorry to hear that. It must have copped a beating to suffer that kind of damage! Mine was packed extremely well, which I'm sure yours would have been too.

yeah mine was packed well and I know J_M_ will help me out, just sucks - dam postal service - was hoping for some clock watching over Christmas tomorrow.

I checked the tracking and it literally traveled the world and did a side trip to the middle east to Dubia, who knows why.... and my box didn't look like yours as was tenderised a bit

#161 5 years ago

yeah, the postal service has been pretty bad as of late (all over the world). I had a similar issue with the last batch and usps wouldn't pay on the insurance claim even after having the customer ship it all back so that I could drop it off at my post office to file the claim. even everything in their possession and seeing the damage first hand, I was denied.

I ended up ordering a new piece of acrylic, reassembling the clock and reshipping everything on my own. it makes me wonder if having everyone pay for insurance has all been a waste of money

currently working out the details with swinks to get him a new rear panel

#162 5 years ago

I tested last night at it is an awesome product and I know the issue is the postal service so don't worry J_M_ it will be solved, and never doubted you.

Don't Stress!!! and Have a Merry Christmas mate

#163 5 years ago

j_m_. Have you considered self-insuring the batches? Still charging the same amount for insurance and accepting the risks yourself? Just a thought. Howie

#164 5 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

j_m_. Have you considered self-insuring the batches? Still charging the same amount for insurance and accepting the risks yourself? Just a thought. Howie

not really. I just find it kind of sad that the post office offers insurance but then doesn't seem to want to uphold their end. if I were to take the insurance money, I'd feel like I'm cheating everyone (even if I did have to pay out on a claim or two

#165 5 years ago

Okay, small problem. I went down tho the game room and my clock was off. On my original set up I had clock going off at 9pm and back on 9am. Any reason why this would quit? To restart I unplugged and replugged In. Worked till it turned itself off at 9pm. Thoughts?

#166 5 years ago

that would be a question for linus and torbjorn

#167 5 years ago

How would I reach them?

#168 5 years ago

linus is here on pinside. shoot him a pm to @limpan

1 month later
    #170 5 years ago
    Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Okay, small problem. I went down tho the game room and my clock was off. On my original set up I had clock going off at 9pm and back on 9am. Any reason why this would quit? To restart I unplugged and replugged In. Worked till it turned itself off at 9pm. Thoughts?

how did you go with this?

#171 5 years ago

Finally got a new replacement back panel, not J_M_'s fault but postal service - anyway stoked to have it running and installed on the wall and now will see if it turns itself on and off.
    IMG_0571 (resized).JPGIMG_0571 (resized).JPG

#172 5 years ago

I just opened mine just over a week ago and set it up. I bought it for a birthday present for myself hence the fact is sat for several weeks in the box unopened.

I'd seen the posts about the resetting issues, so I bought a new mini SD card on my own, and followed the directions to correctly get is set up. I figured if I was going to be changing the color (to blue) and making any other adjustments, why not replace the SD card at the same time. Clock has been moved around several times, in sleep mode, on and off- no issues at all. I haven't tried the original SD that may have been suspect, nor will I. The clock is really cool, and I mean really cool.

Thank you again.

#173 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

how did you go with this?

Long. Story. Put on exterior timer worked for a few days. Clock would not come back on. Unplugged and plugged back in and clock would work for 15 mins then shut off. I bought a new SD card and installed new files. Installed and reset clock and things have been great since. Using internal,on/off and perfect.

#174 5 years ago

Running into the same problem here. It’s shut off twice on us now, needing a power cycle.

#175 5 years ago

Grab a new card and flash it. Or format your original card and flash it. Doing both has my clock running perfectly now with either the original or the new card installed.

1 month later
    #176 5 years ago

Are you going to do another batch of clocks by chance?

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from heinekenlvr:

Are you going to do another batch of clocks by chance?

summer of 2019 (jun, jul or aug)

#179 5 years ago

I doubled up the hardware purchase on the last run (all of the screws, nylon stand-offs, washers, molex and crimp connectors) so I'm all set on that front

the power supplies and panels usually take less than a week to reach me and the laser cut acrylic just over a week. as long as limpan and torbjörn have enough run-dmd boards on-hand, I'm hoping that the production run will go much faster this next batch

#180 5 years ago

Has anyone done anything to support the weight of the power supply when it hangs on the wall or do you just let it hang?

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

Has anyone done anything to support the weight of the power supply when it hangs on the wall or do you just let it hang?

Fortunately, mine has a shelf below that supports the power supply.

Anybody having trouble with purple selected looking more like a pink? Mine looked purple when I first got it but then it turned to more of a pink after a bit.

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from bintzknocker:

I wedged my power supply between two pinball heads.

1 month later
    #183 4 years ago

I've created a new thread for the new batch for those interested
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clocks-2019-batch#post-5008775

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clock-winter-2018-batch/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.