Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 183 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by j_m_
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0571 (resized).JPG
    20181218_171446 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171526 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171554 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171619 (resized).jpg
    20181218_171648 (resized).jpg
    20181218_112800 (resized).jpg
    Delivered (resized).jpg
    20181211_204546 (resized).jpg
    Wl6dJCp.gif
    underpants_gnomes_2.jpg
    business plan 1.jpg
    south_park_game_-_h_-_2016.jpg
    20181210_203152 (resized).jpg
    EE5476BA-B753-4C81-9C5A-F4ECBE7ADB55 (resized).jpeg
    2BB929C1-6AF6-4913-A109-0CD81C65C05F (resized).png
    There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 5 years ago

Mine doesn't make any noise that i can hear. Spent some time working on it when i changed the clock last week. Mine is silent.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mine doesn't make any noise that i can hear. Spent some time working on it when i changed the clock last week. Mine is silent.

You are lucky. I have very good hearing but this is pretty noticeable.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11VqDNzhTzXBDopo-T0FgLcguyoDIsEWk/view?usp=drivesdk

#53 5 years ago

Put me on the list please

#54 5 years ago

I test each and every one of them for 30-45mins and I've never heard anything like that. I wonder if your particular clock is picking up something from some other nearby electronics with a conflicting frequency

#55 5 years ago

2018.nov.12 update
    only one reservation spot left in the list the pattern is full ghost rider

everything except the acrylic frames has been ordered (I never know what changes will happen to the LED panels until I receive them, so I usually hold off ordering the frames just in case there is a change

I still have enough hardware and shipping boxes from the last batch to accommodate this batch (finally, a little forethought on my part

data and power cables will be assembled once the panels arrive (again, small changes can change the lengths needed, so there's no sense in putting the cart before the horse

edit: all spots are now taken

#56 5 years ago

2018.nov.16 update
    - run-dmd boards shipped today, ETA to be supplied once the tracking no. is in the system
    - power supplies are scheduled to arrive wednesday, nov 21st
    - LED panels have been paid for, still awaiting shipping information
    - hardware is all accounted for

to do list:
    - construct power and data cables once LED panels arrive
    - order acrylic frames once LED panels arrive

if everyone would be kind enough to pm me their mailing address information, this will allow me to calculate the shipping costs ahead of time and give you a total amount due and my paypal account info once the clocks have been assembled, boxed up and ready to ship

please send the pm with the subject line 'run-dmd clock dec 2018 batch'

#57 5 years ago

j_m_ you are moving fast! was gonna see if you could order me a run-dmd board (to use on my Stern DMD laying around). If you have any extras let me know. I'd pick one up from ya.

#58 5 years ago

2018.nov.19 update
    - took care of scottyc
    - LED panels have shipped, ETA is wednesday
    - run-dmd boards have hit customs in the usa (ny), ETA is friday
    - power supplies received today

if all goes well, I should be able to make any necessary adjustments to the frame patterns & order the laser cut acrylic before the end of next week. as long as ponoko isn't overbooked, acrylic should arrive within 10 days of ordering and then assembly & shipping can begin to allow everything to reach its destination well before the holidays

#59 5 years ago

2018.nov.21 update
    - LED panels arrived today. need to determine if a frame change is necessary
    - run-dmd boards are scheduled to arrive on friday, nov 23rd

- laser cut acrylic frames will most likely be ordered on friday
    - power and data cable construction will commence this weekend to stay ahead of everything

#60 5 years ago

Great news, thanks for the update

#61 5 years ago

thanks for the update

#62 5 years ago

2018.nov.23 update
    - run-dmd are on a usps truck for delivery today
    - acrylic frames have been ordered

to do:
    - construct custom power and data cables this weekend
    - assemble and box up clocks once the acrylic arrives

note:
    I'm still looking for mailing information from a few people (see the initial post) if I don't have a [C] next to your name

#63 5 years ago

Hey there-

Do you have any cases for standard DMDs? - I've been running the clock on a vishay DMD for a couple of years now on a virtual pinball that I just made changes to- and pulled the vishay out. I was using it in the standard DMD location on my machine - but it just ran the clock.

I have all the parts to keep it as working clock- but need a case. Do you have any?

Thanks so much!

#64 5 years ago

Is there a smaller version of this?!?! Would love to get in on a smaller one.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from mamemaster:

Hey there-
    Do you have any cases for standard DMDs? - I've been running the clock on a vishay DMD for a couple of years now on a virtual pinball that I just made changes to- and pulled the vishay out. I was using it in the standard DMD location on my machine - but it just ran the clock.
    I have all the parts to keep it as working clock- but need a case. Do you have any?
    Thanks so much!

I may offer up the kits for the standard size dmd's again after the holidays. I ran them 2x before but did not have too many people that were interested in them. the problem being that even if you supply the dmd yourself, the cost of the kit was like $300 for the rest of the components. I think that if I do decide to offer them up again, I will do so strictly as kits without the displays. I'm not sure if they will run with the older gas plasma displays, but I do know that they run with the newer stern LED displays

Quoted from TheCreature:

Is there a smaller version of this?!?! Would love to get in on a smaller one.

see above

#66 5 years ago

2018.nov.26 update
    - completed assembly of the power cables (mantra during this phase was "I really hate cutting wire, then I really hate crimping" and then, "damn it!, I forgot to strip all of these wires!!"
    - ordered acrylic frames

to do:
    - assemble and modify the data cables (to accommodate for the [purple] issue
    - pre-assemble shipping boxes

note:
    I'm still looking for mailing information from a few people (see the initial post) if I don't have a [C] next to your name

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I may offer up the kits for the standard size dmd's again after the holidays. I ran them 2x before but did not have too many people that were interested in them. the problem being that even if you supply the dmd yourself, the cost of the kit was like $300 for the rest of the components. I think that if I do decide to offer them up again, I will do so strictly as kits without the displays. I'm not sure if they will run with the older gas plasma displays, but I do know that they run with the newer stern LED displays

see above

Thanks! - the Vishay is an LED - it should work-- would love to get on that list if you do the run. Thanks!!

#68 5 years ago

2018.nov.27 update
    acrylic frame delivery ETA - friday, nov 30th

clock assembly will begin this weekend and invoices issued on sunday or monday

edit:
    this has got to be the quickest turn around that I've experienced to source items from hk, california and the netherlands in only 20 days. it's a xmas miracle!

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.nov.27 update
    acrylic frame delivery ETA - friday, nov 30th
    clock assembly will begin this weekend and invoices issued on sunday or monday
    edit:
    this has got to be the quickest turn around that I've experienced to source items from hk, california and the netherlands in only 20 days. it's a xmas miracle!

BOOOM!!!! Thanks so much for your efforts. I can't wait to get mine

#70 5 years ago

2018.nov.28 update
    full disclosure. I'm an idiot

when I put together the last batch over the summer, the LED panel vendor mentioned that they were changing the frame design (once again) and I had asked him to send me a blank frame so that I could compare it and make any necessary adjustments going forward.

apparently, I didn't do that and had completely forgotten that they were different because when the LED panels arrived last week, I compared them to the empty frame and said "yep, they're identical"

fast forward to last night where I decided to construct a single clock with extra rear panel of acrylic that I had since all my other prep work for this batch was complete) and that's when I found out that the lug pattern had changed again. and while it wasn't enough to notice at a casual glance, this 4mm change in the distance between the top and bottom lugs is enough that the screws no longer line up to fit through the holes on the rear panel

to correct this, I've made the adjustments to my design and re-ordered 24 additional rear panels from ponoko late, last night. I have an initial ETA for this new order of next tuesday, december 11th.

in summary:
    a failure on my end has resulted in a costly mistake and a slight delay in being able to assemble and ship the clocks to everyone on the list

#72 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.nov.28 update
    full disclosure. I'm an idiot
    when I put together the last batch over the summer, the LED panel vendor mentioned that they were changing the frame design (once again) and I had asked him to send me a blank frame so that I could compare it and make any necessary adjustments going forward.
    apparently, I didn't do that and had completely forgotten that they were different because when the LED panels arrived last week, I compared them to the empty frame and said "yep, they're identical"
    fast forward to last night where I decided to construct a single clock with extra rear panel of acrylic that I had since all my other prep work for this batch was complete) and that's when I found out that the lug pattern had changed again. and while it wasn't enough to notice at a casual glance, this 4mm change in the distance between the top and bottom lugs is enough that the screws no longer line up to fit through the holes on the rear panel
    to correct this, I've made the adjustments to my design and re-ordered 24 additional rear panels from ponoko late, last night. I have an initial ETA for this new order of next tuesday, december 11th.
    in summary:
    a failure on my end has resulted in a costly mistake and a slight delay in being able to assemble and ship the clocks to everyone on the list

That sucks JM.
    So your saying that acrylic matches the last batch? If so, maybe see if any of that group needs a spare.

#73 5 years ago

I may end up attempting to re-work them for a future batch. I have a friend with a cnc that should be able to elongate the (8) holes by 2mm each. if done properly, the washers on the screw headers will probably cover everything

#74 5 years ago

Marking this thread for hopefully a later run - I'm interested.

#75 5 years ago

2018.dec.03 update
    the replacement rear acrylic panels are due to arrive this friday
    if everything goes according to plan, assembly will start this weekend and invoices will be sent out on dec 9th/10th.

I think that I still need address information from 1 or 2 people to make shipping go a bit smoother, so I will reach out to those people today

#76 5 years ago

2018.dec.05 update
    good news everyone! the replacement acrylic has shown up 2 days earlier than expected
    I've started assembly this evening (8 completed) and should have all clocks built, boxed up and ready to ship by friday or saturday

invoices will be sent tomorrow and clocks will be posted out on a first paid, first shipped basis as soon as I have them ready to go

#77 5 years ago

Ya! Credit card standing by!

#78 5 years ago

2018.dec.06 update
    all invoices have been sent as of 8:00am EST if you did not receive a pm with the total amount due and how to make payment, please shoot me a pm

assembly will continue tonight and should wrap up tomorrow or saturday. all clocks will be boxed and ready to post out on monday, dec 10th

#79 5 years ago

If someone for any reason backs out, I would jump in

#80 5 years ago

2018.dec.06 update 2
    it appears that I currently have one clock still available (in addition to one that Londonpinball has expressed interest in), if anyone is interested. the 2nd non-pinsider has prior commitments and has backed out

assembly for 8 more clocks were completed tonight. the remaining 8 will be assembled tomorrow and all currently paid clocks should ship tomorrow or on saturday

#81 5 years ago
    9328ECA7-1AD7-41C9-83B3-611C163E5775 (resized).jpeg9328ECA7-1AD7-41C9-83B3-611C163E5775 (resized).jpeg
    #82 5 years ago

I've decided to air out my grievances and you all have to defeat me in a showing of the feats of strength to receive your clocks

#83 5 years ago

I’ve seen you in a hot wing eating contest. That shouldn’t be too hard, fellas.

#84 5 years ago

2018.dec.07 update
    - all clock assembly is complete
    - clocks have been bubble wrapped for shipping

boxing willl commence after lunch and I hope to ship all paid clocks today

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

2018.dec.07 update
    - all clock assembly is complete
    - clocks have been bubble wrapped for shipping
    boxing willl commence after lunch and I hope to ship all paid clocks today

#86 5 years ago

2018.dec.07 update 2
    all paid clocks have been packaged, postage labels printed

I'm now heading up to the post office to beat the 7pm cut off and ship as promised

edit:
    shipped: 2018.dec.07
    Pinballer73, Wmsfan, speederice, Tsskinne, NimblePin, nitrojcrawf, jzach, swinks, MGM2, fattdirk, DanT, Phat_Jay, BlueIrocGuy, rviguet, jfesler, KloggMonkey, bintzknocker, MrKegFlex
    IMG_1688 (resized).jpgIMG_1688 (resized).jpg

#87 5 years ago

Thanks j_m_!

#88 5 years ago

Thank you for the Clocks, the great communication with the status updates, and getting these done and out quickly.

#89 5 years ago

thanks mate, hopefully makes it here before Christmas

#90 5 years ago

Holy crap, they’re delivering it today already! I’ll prob be at the packer game when it arrives, but I’ll be playing with it tonight already!!

9072CC8C-1A66-446C-8A99-F4B12F269D81 (resized).png9072CC8C-1A66-446C-8A99-F4B12F269D81 (resized).png
    #91 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Holy crap, they’re delivering it today already! I’ll prob be at the packer game when it arrives, but I’ll be playing with it tonight already!!
    [quoted image]

Excellent! Mine shows that it’s in St Paul, Mn right now but won’t be here till sometime Tuesday. Looks like it’s going to take 2 1/2 days to make it the last 30 miles to my house! At least I know where it is and I should have it before Christmas, lol. I’ll put the family out on the lookout for the package when the day comes. Thanks for shipping these out so quick!

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Excellent! Mine shows that it’s in St Paul, Mn right now but won’t be here till sometime Tuesday. Looks like it’s going to take 2 1/2 days to make it the last 30 miles to my house! At least I know where it is and I should have it before Christmas, lol. I’ll put the family out on the lookout for the package when the day comes. Thanks for shipping these out so quick!

Mine originally said tues also, so yours may very well come tomorrow.

#93 5 years ago

Mine originally said Tues also. However now it says out for delivery today!!

#94 5 years ago

Mine is at home but im here....

EB6CFCB8-4704-445E-B06B-7539F7D83097 (resized).jpegEB6CFCB8-4704-445E-B06B-7539F7D83097 (resized).jpeg
    #95 5 years ago

Nice seats! And a clock awaits at home for you. Alas, mine still shows delivery by 8pm on the 11th... oh well, I won’t be home til the 12th now anyhow.

#96 5 years ago

Clock received and running, thank you!!

B28DE3E4-77F8-4C64-BB24-A9FE67C396E7 (resized).jpegB28DE3E4-77F8-4C64-BB24-A9FE67C396E7 (resized).jpeg
    #97 5 years ago

In place

B328E4E3-A162-44C6-AC2A-0F15D1506F2E (resized).jpegB328E4E3-A162-44C6-AC2A-0F15D1506F2E (resized).jpeg
    #98 5 years ago

Damn you USPS!! Get my hopes up with your tracking and then don't deliver. Ahhhhhh

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from Londonpinball:

If someone for any reason backs out, I would jump in

Check PM

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

In place
    [quoted image]

why does everyone change it to 'red'?!? purple, teal, blue and/or green are much nicer looking colours in my opinion
    I may have to start shipping these with the red switches broken

There are 183 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-run-dmd-clock-winter-2018-batch/page/2?hl=londonpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.