46 days ago

Topic Stats

• 134 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 minutes ago by KloggMonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181211_204546 (resized).jpg
    Wl6dJCp.gif
    underpants_gnomes_2.jpg
    business plan 1.jpg
    south_park_game_-_h_-_2016.jpg
    20181210_203152 (resized).jpg
    EE5476BA-B753-4C81-9C5A-F4ECBE7ADB55 (resized).jpeg
    2BB929C1-6AF6-4913-A109-0CD81C65C05F (resized).png
    B328E4E3-A162-44C6-AC2A-0F15D1506F2E (resized).jpeg
    B28DE3E4-77F8-4C64-BB24-A9FE67C396E7 (resized).jpeg
    EB6CFCB8-4704-445E-B06B-7539F7D83097 (resized).jpeg
    9072CC8C-1A66-446C-8A99-F4B12F269D81 (resized).png
    IMG_1688 (resized).jpg
    9328ECA7-1AD7-41C9-83B3-611C163E5775 (resized).jpeg
    582B5A75-5BCE-4DDA-87DF-6DF368498503 (resized).jpeg
    4EC3F4F8-692B-493F-B8A4-5F7F8996BFCE (resized).jpeg

There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 46 days ago

I'm checking to see if there is enough interest to run one more batch for the holidays. the thought is if I get 20+ people within the next two weeks that I might be able to order and have the components in time to assemble and ship these prior to xmas for those that want to give them as gifts. like the previous batches, the number of clocks is limited to 24 people max

clock description:
    assembled using custom laser-cut acrylic panels, the clocks use (2) two P5 sized rgb LED panels, which are mounted side-by-side to display the 128x32 dot resolution (just like a pinball DMD). each clock measures approximately 28.00" (w) x 7.50" (h) x 1.50" (d)
    although the clock can only display monochrome colored animations, the user has the ability to select between one of 7 colors (red, green, blue, yellow, magenta, teal or white) by toggling the six dip switches accessible from the backside of the clock (see below for legend)

the clocks ship ready to mount on the wall (with 2 hanging holes [16" on center]) or can be placed on a shelf or desktop. only a small amount of assembly is required (to install the front panel using the enclosed hardware and tools
    the front, transparent gray acrylic panel is shipped with the protective paper still attached on both sides to prevent any accidental scratches during transit

featuring a custom designed, laser cut acrylic front and rear panels, the front is a dark transparent grey (to neatly hide the internal components when the clock is not powered on) and the rear panel is black with material that has a glossy front side and matte back side (to help reduce/eliminate fingerprints).
    custom cut-outs in the rear panel allow access to: CR2032 battery, the power cable port, a 6-pin ICSP header to facilitate updating the run-dmd pc board's firmware and the 6 toggle switch block to change the clock's display color

color selectable dip-switch settings:
    on-off-off-on-off-off = red
    off-on-off-off-on-off = green
    off-off-on-off-off-on = blue
    on-on-off-on-on-off = yellow
    on-off-on-on-off-on = purple
    off-on-on-off-on-on = teal
    on-on-on-on-on-on = white

on - up, off - down

information regarding how to adjust the many options found in the clock can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.54_Menu_Navigation.pdf

the cost per clock is $450 plus shipping, and each clock includes the following:
    - a mostly assembled run-dmd clock
    - (1) CR2032 lithium coin battery (to store all user defined settings and keep time when the clock is powered off)
    - (1) 5v, 10a power supply to power the clock with a 6' grounded 3-prong cable (north american standard)

video of retromanIE's clock from the batch 5

from turbo20lbs
    from tuna delight

NOTE:
    please take the time to read the .pdf user guide linked above prior to attempting to change/adjust any of the clock settings (especially the ones under the TOOLS menu option

PLEASE READ the NOTE at the bottom of this post PRIOR attempting to modify the settings of your clock

activating the "detect DMD" option will attempt to re-detect the various compatible dmd panel types connected to your run-dmd pc board. if your panels are working correctly, you DO NOT want to select this option

NOTE 2:
    if you turn off the clock prior to selecting a new display type, your clock will not display correctly the next time you power it up after selecting this option. if you do select this option, you need to go through the process of re-selecting the correct display type (by pressing and holding down button 3, while powering up the clock and then waiting for the display types to begin to cycle and confirming the correct display type with button 4

the software required re-image your SD card using hdd raw copy
    http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/HDDRawCopy1.10Setup.exe

NOTE 3:
    DO NOT attempt to read the SD card in your computer. due to the nature of how the information is [blindly] written, your computer will report that the card is not formatted. DO NOT format the card, otherwise you will lose all of your settings and animations stored on the SD card

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> READ ME <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    have a clock and are experiencing either corrupt or no animations? check out this thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/run-dmd-clock-reflashing-the-sd-card-to-fix-glitched-no-animations
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> READ ME <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

the list: (a minimum of 20 people are required for me to proceed
    1. NintenBear [] [] []
    2. GravitaR [C][] [] - delivering dec.13

shipped: 2018.dec.07
    Pinballer73, Wmsfan, speederice, Tsskinne, NimblePin, nitrojcrawf, jzach, swinks, MGM2, fattdirk, DanT, Phat_Jay, BlueIrocGuy, rviguet, jfesler, KloggMonkey, bintzknocker, MrKegFlex

shipped: 2018.dec.08
    Maleko, a non pinsider (hand delivered)

shipped: 2018.dec.10
    ReplayRyan, Ilushka85

last updated: 2018.dec.10
    [C] = address confirmed, [P] = payment received, [S] = shipped

#2 45 days ago

Rock on!!
    Very Nice of you to do another Batch.
    These Truly run the Line of being Museum Pieces, The countless animations are a Blast!
    Best Clock Ever!!!

#3 45 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Best Clock Ever!!!

You can say that again!!

#4 45 days ago

Please add me to the list, I'd like one.

#5 44 days ago

bumping the post for those that may have missed the announcement

#6 44 days ago

Hey j-

Please put me down for one. Cheers~

#7 43 days ago

Interested!

#8 40 days ago

Bump as I'd like to see it happen.

#9 40 days ago

Count me in j_m_!
    Glad to see you making them again.
    My wife will be pretty stoked.

#11 40 days ago

Hopefully a few more will join the list. How cool would it be to have a clock on your desk, in the family room or beside the bed running DMD animations!

#12 40 days ago

I'd be in for one!

#13 37 days ago

bump for the afternoon crowd

#14 37 days ago

very, very tempted .....

are the graphics from the bally, williams era as well as the stern ones shown ?

#15 37 days ago

I bought one of these in the last batch not knowing what to expect. All I can say is WOW.

It runs 24/7 and everyone that sees it is blown away.

The OP is great to deal with and his follow through is incredible.

You can buy this item with complete confidence.

Thanks for making a killer game room "must have"!

#16 37 days ago

Agreed. Buy with confidence. A fantastic product from a solid Pinsider.

#17 37 days ago
    Quoted from swinks:

very, very tempted .....
    are the graphics from the bally, williams era as well as the stern ones shown ?

bally, williams, data east and stern

#18 37 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

bally, williams, data east and stern

Cool, always wanted one, count me in

#19 37 days ago

These are very cool....my question is how much end user work is required or is it plug and play? Im interested but I don't need another time consuming project

#20 37 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

These are very cool....my question is how much end user work is required or is it plug and play? Im interested but I don't need another time consuming project

Plug-and-play set color set time.

#21 36 days ago

I preset the color to purple or white on all clocks (to ensure that everything is working on the RGB panels.

all you have to do upon receipt is insert the battery (which I may do on this batch, since that appeared to confuse a few people) and attach the front piece of acrylic (I ship it with the protective paper still on it so that risk of it scratching during shipping is reduced/eliminated). this entails attaching 6 nylon posts with 12 screws (6 stainless for the rear and 6 black oxide for the front).

setting the time is accomplished by entering the menu and changing it from the very first screen. all of the menu option information can be found here:
    http://www.phosphors.com/run-dmd/Run-DMD_v3.53_Menu_Navigation.pdf

#22 36 days ago

I like it....anyone have any actual photos of the finished product? Its hard to see in the video as it so dark

#23 36 days ago

Definitely interested!

#24 36 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I like it....anyone have any actual photos of the finished product? Its hard to see in the video as it so dark

I've added 2 photos to the first post of what the finished product looks like

edit:
    the list has now made it to the 1/2 point for me to order everything and commit to offering up another batch

#25 36 days ago

Thanks for posting the pics....so how is the clock powered? The photo with the clock hanging on the wall would indicate that its powered off standard batteries? Is this correct? If so how long do the batteries last?

#26 36 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Thanks for posting the pics....so how is the clock powered? The photo with the clock hanging on the wall would indicate that its powered off standard batteries? Is this correct? If so how long do the batteries last?

It comes with a power adapter and needs to be plugged in.

#27 36 days ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It comes with a power adapter and needs to be plugged in.

ok thanks

#28 36 days ago

Just so people are aware it isn't just the size of a standard DMD which was what I thought before I saw one of these in person at a friends house, its like 4 DMDs put together or so I think. Anyway just letting people know in case anyone else has the same thought I initially had.

#29 36 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

from the initial post: each clock measures approximately 28.00" (w) x 7.50" (h) x 1.50" (d)

the clock is powered by a 5v, 10amp power brick which is included. I believe that cord length that terminates to the clock board is approximately 3' in length and the other end is approximately 2-3' in length (that end is a standard 3-prong extension cord just like a desktop computer cord

#30 36 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

from the initial post: each clock measures approximately 28.00" (w) x 7.50" (h) x 1.50" (d)
    the clock is powered by a 5v, 10amp power brick which is included. I believe that cord length that terminates to the clock board is approximately 3' in length and the other end is approximately 2-3' in length (that end is a standard 3-prong extension cord just like a desktop computer cord

Thanks for the information....just to be clear the power cord is exactly how long? I'd like to mount close to the ceiling, which would require an 8-10' cord....

#31 36 days ago

I was going to ask the same thing, so with the brick I can then locally grab a kettle lead to suit 240 volt power supplied or is it a 120vdc power brick?

#32 36 days ago

this is the power brick used. I believe that since its a switching power supply, those outside of north america just need a different cable going to the mains
    DC 5V 10A LED Power Supply (2) (resized).jpg
    DC 5V 10A LED Power Supply (resized).jpg

#33 36 days ago

Thanks for the pictures....this power brick solution seems ideal for a desktop application

#34 36 days ago

I was so impressed I took a video for others to see. I highly recommend this amazing clock!!

#35 36 days ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

47DE34F5-A5DF-44F6-AA86-353EF3C4F690 (resized).jpeg4EC3F4F8-692B-493F-B8A4-5F7F8996BFCE (resized).jpeg582B5A75-5BCE-4DDA-87DF-6DF368498503 (resized).jpeg
    #36 36 days ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

I was so impressed I took a video for others to see. I highly recommend this amazing clock!!

You know you can turn the blinking red light off????

#37 36 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You know you can turn the blinking red light off????

Yea I did after JM told me in the last thread

#38 36 days ago

Put me in for one. I've procrastinated almost to long. Thanks goodness another batch will hopefully be made.

#39 35 days ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

this is the power brick used. I believe that since its a switching power supply, those outside of north america just need a different cable going to the mains
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

excellent thanks heaps for sharing j_m_

#40 35 days ago

Count me in for one, thanks!

#41 33 days ago

Weekend bump

#42 33 days ago

I"ll take one. Add me to the list.

#43 33 days ago

2018.nov.10 update
    against my better judgement, I've gone and ordered everything to ensure that I can get these done prior to the holidays

with only 10 positions left on the list, if you've been on the fence about ordering one from me, the time to make your decision is running out

#44 32 days ago

Please add me. I’m interested.

#45 32 days ago

Please add me, I’ll take one, thx!

#46 32 days ago

I’ve looked at this one long enough, please put me on the list!

#47 32 days ago

Add me to the list as well.

#48 32 days ago

I’ll take one please.

#49 32 days ago

Add me to the list please.

#50 32 days ago

I bought mine in 2015. A little smaller back then at 24'' x 7''. I love it in my game room. Note that this isn't perfectly silent. There is a quiet high pitch sound when a large graphic comes across the screen. If I'm sitting quietly in the room (reading a book or working) I will turn the clock off but if you have a TV or pin on at the same time it won't bother you a bit. Nothing that will make you go mad but the reason I haven't bought a 2nd for my office (where it would be amazing) because quiet in there is really helpful.

I turn mine on only when my MET is turned on at the breaker so it doesn't have a lot of hours on it. BUT, 3 years and still works perfectly.

Enjoy!!

(If you discount well for repeat business MAYBE I could consider for the office!!)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 44.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 28.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 134 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside