tester2 (resized).jpg
display3 (resized).jpg
display2 (resized).jpg
display1 (resized).jpg
display_tester.jpg
display_sneakpeek.jpg
IMG_4811 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Refurbish kit for Bally/Stern 6 and 7 digit displays. Posted by acebathound (8 years ago)

Post #362 PCB Depopulation image (Stern DA-100 Rev C) Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #363 PCB population image (Stern DA-100 Rev C) Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #364 PCB 5v population image (Stern DA-100 Rev C) Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #395 SMD pads to enable comma Posted by acebathound (7 years ago)

Post #439 PCB depopulation image (Bally AS-2518-15) Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #440 PCB population image (Bally AS-2518-15) Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #444 PCB Depopulated (Stern DA-100) Posted by eh97ac (7 years ago)

Post #446 PCB depopulated (Stern DA-300) Posted by dothedoo (7 years ago)

Post #469 PCB depopulated (Bally AS-2518-21) Posted by Cheddar (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#420 7 years ago

Would you have enough kits left on this pre-order to populated two 6 digit games and three 7 digit games?

#422 7 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

From current counts it looks like I'll be out of WHITE digits. Still have plenty of BLUE digits at the moment. Doesn't hurt to get on the list regardless, if someone drops out or people order less I'll contact the next person in-line.
I'm pretty sure the 2nd round of these kits will happen around mid-October. I have PCBs due in at the end of Sept, but some other personal commitments in early Oct... and these will take a few days to get ready, I also want to update the instructions a bit if possible. So at this point that looks like the time-frame I'd have kits ready and begin contacting people on the list.. I won't be asking for payment until I have kits ready to ship.

Ok, please add me to the list and if someone drops out, I'm in. Thanks for what you are doing by making these kits available.

1 week later
#441 7 years ago

Just registered my interest for a few sets.

1 month later
#497 7 years ago

They look great. Acebathound has really done a brilliant job designing these kits.

#506 7 years ago

That's a great idea, it will really help people decide what they like, before ordering. I know I had to try and imagine what certain colors would look like in certain games, before placing my order.

Good news, I'm expecting my order to arrive today or tomorrow based on the latest tracking information.

6 months later
#707 6 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

Any interest in some PCB "seconds" with some silkscreen issues for $10 off per set? I have a few handfuls of of 6-digit and 7-digit sets available like this. When I get the board orders in I allow for some very small silkscreen issues not really affecting aesthetics since it comes with the territory. Anything more major.. larger smears, missing silkscreen on identification markings, etc .. gets set aside. Generally they aren't too bad and with a full set if there's any header markings missing you can refer to a different board. I was going to use them up myself, but have accumulated enough I doubt that will happen. Probably 4x sets of 6-digit and 4x sets of 7-digit available for the discount. LMK here or via PM if interested.

I'm interested in the lot Wayne, please send me a PM with a total price.

1 year later
#746 5 years ago

Maybe it's too early in the morning here, but I can't find anything on Pinside when I search for Williams display kits. Can you please provide a link acebathound ?

#750 5 years ago

Thanks you for the replies, much appreciated. I'm in need of a few sets of Williams System 7. Hopefully @Wolffpac will expand his range and makes these as well.

#753 5 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

I mentioned this already in another thread, but I'll likely do a Williams System 7 set of my own design with the custom digits I now have. I'm ultra picky about what I want to see in certain products and displays are one of those things I need to look as perfect as possible. I've got a Jungle Lord we're keeping in the collection long-term with an LED set in it, that looks like crap, and it's going to bug the bejeezus out of me to not to at least prototype my own displays now that I've got my own custom digits. Will also allow me to use up what otherwise will amount to *at least* a 5-10 year supply of digits since the full Bally sets only sell a few a month currently.
I think what's bugging me most with the displays in Jungle Lord is the comma lights up brighter than the numbers. That's going to drive me into PCB design quicker than anything else once the game's fully up and running and in the line-up.
Obviously not everyone's as anal-retentive as I am when it comes to this stuff and to be fair, it's RANDOM anal-retentiveness I have no problems with cabinets being beat up, some playfield wear that's not in the direct center of the playfield, things like that. But displays having issues, numbers being cut off behind backglasses, commas lighting brighter than digits -- it's like nails on a chalk-board to me.

That's great news mate! Now getting crack on the System 7 design lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-diy-bally-led-displays-using-old-boards?tu=Pinballer73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.