IMG_4975 (resized).JPG
IMG_4974 (resized).JPG
20210511_233800.gif
20210306_133030 (resized).jpg
20210228_153653 (resized).jpg
20200822_162301 (resized).jpg
20200821_132601 (resized).jpg
20200822_111632 (resized).jpg
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 1 year ago

Oh I have these trough switches, but don't have, specifically, switch #7. The one that tells the game there's a ball that needs to kick into the shooter lane. That's the switch that seems to be sold out or discontinued. Thanks for looking out though!

#202 1 year ago
Quoted from vgatchaman:

but don't have, specifically, switch #7. The one that tells the game there's a ball that needs to kick into the shooter lane.

That one is available as well, because I bought one for my project JP game. Takes a bit of detective work as it is not called out in the JP manual. But you can take the 500-5683-00 part number of the whole trough assembly and do an internet search and come up with the switch from the breakdown of the assembly from Marco.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5118-00

Then you can do an internet search on the #180-5118-00 switch and see who all has it in stock.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=180-5118-00

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That one is available as well, because I bought one for my project JP game. Takes a bit of detective work as it is not called out in the JP manual. But you can take the 500-5683-00 part number of the whole trough assembly and do an internet search and come up with the switch from the breakdown of the assembly from Marco.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/180-5118-00
Then you can do an internet search on the #180-5118-00 switch and see who all has it in stock.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=180-5118-00
[quoted image]

Thanks, buddy! You're always super helpful! I did eventually find the part number, but since it showed up as discontinued on marco and out of stock at pinball life, I just gave up on it. I'll try the other shops that popped up with that switch. Thanks again!!

3 weeks later
#204 1 year ago

If these aren't going to be made again I would love to get the schematics to try and just make my own if at all possible.

3 weeks later
#205 1 year ago

Davi any updates on another run? I would love one.

#206 1 year ago
Quoted from Crispy77:

Davi any updates on another run? I would love one.

I also would like to get in on another run Davi !

#207 1 year ago

I’m in 100 percent. Need one for my newly acquired super finicky tftc - thank you Davi

#208 1 year ago

Please put me down for one if they are made again. (TFTC). Thanks

4 weeks later
#209 1 year ago

New member to the DE JP club. Could really use this!

I'm in if you're producing.

2 weeks later
#210 1 year ago

I am in too!

3 months later
#211 1 year ago

Preorder is available for batch 2023.
I am going to create a batch based on demand. Contact me via PM.

#212 1 year ago

Great news!! I'm in. pm sent.

#213 1 year ago

I’m in

#214 1 year ago

I'm in.
Hit me up with a harness to I guess.

Thanks!

#215 1 year ago

Thank you guys! I received almost 20 requests in PM. This means a batch become reality.

#216 1 year ago

Inquiry sent

#217 1 year ago

Davi and this product are top notch. I purchased in the first round and it works great in my TftC. Considering buying another as backup or for future DE game.

#218 1 year ago

I posted on the owners thread, but just to make sure it’s seen I’m in for a set whenever they’re ready.

#219 1 year ago

I'll purchase one.

2 weeks later
#220 1 year ago

I will also like one please.

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I will also like one please.

Thanks. Only 2 spots left in this batch.

#222 1 year ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks. Only 2 spots left in this batch.

Add me for the last two spots please.

1 week later
#223 1 year ago

If anyone in australia/nz is after a couple of these and aren't already on the preorder list for the next run I have two spare : https://www.aussiearcade.com/topic/101203-various-pinball-parts-playfieldselectronicsplasticsknockers/

#224 1 year ago

Pmd to be put on the list

#225 1 year ago

Hi - pm'd to be on the list for board and harness. Thanks

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#226 10 months ago

Just installed one of these into JP DE,
which I was lucky enough to pick up from a very nice guy who also lives down under. Works fantastic! Please add me to the list for another one for SW DE, should they be made available.

251A3D5B-17BF-41F9-8840-3C4CC60C8AC1 (resized).jpeg251A3D5B-17BF-41F9-8840-3C4CC60C8AC1 (resized).jpeg
#227 10 months ago

Please add me to the list for a next batch as well. Seems I just missed the latest round...

2 weeks later
#228 9 months ago

I’d be interested too! I cannot get my tftc to work again because of my switch

1 week later
#229 9 months ago

Great news, the batch is ready!

I've informed everybody via PM. Please contact me in case you did not received a message.

2 weeks later
#230 8 months ago

Can somebody PM me the install manual? Received my board and I reached out Davi, but no response. Thanks

#231 8 months ago
Quoted from brightonrock:

Can somebody PM me the install manual? Received my board and I reached out Davi, but no response. Thanks

PM sent. Davi is on Vacation or Holiday

#232 8 months ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

PM sent. Davi is on Vacation or Holiday

Thanks! I shared the new version with new customers via PM.

#233 8 months ago

received my board! thanks Davi!

#234 8 months ago

Received today - great board. Thanks

#235 8 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks! I shared the new version with new customers via PM.

Is the new manual any different from the one a year ago?
MM

#236 8 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Is the new manual any different from the one a year ago?
MM

The new manual contains some pictures for the new board version (dual color LED boards).

#237 8 months ago

Received mine today - Thank you!

#238 8 months ago

I've seen some posts indicating people are buying these for DE Star Wars, although that game isn't listed as being compatible in Davi 1st post in this thread. Is this board a drop in replacement for DE Star Wars or not?

#239 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

I've seen some posts indicating people are buying these for DE Star Wars, although that game isn't listed as being compatible in Davi 1st post in this thread. Is this board a drop in replacement for DE Star Wars or not?

Starwars DE has an older version of ball trough, not the 6-pack assembly.
Not compatible.

#240 8 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Starwars DE has an older version of ball trough, not the 6-pack assembly.
Not compatible.

Thanks for the clarification.

4 weeks later
#241 7 months ago

Hi, Is it to late to get one of these from my JP?

#242 7 months ago

Hey Davi , do you still have some in stock ? If yes I'm definitely a buyer !

#243 7 months ago
Quoted from kaverne:

Hey Davi , do you still have some in stock ? If yes I'm definitely a buyer !

Yes, I have.

2 months later
#244 5 months ago

I wonder how I missed this for so long...
Newly verified to post: Would be delighted if Davi you still have one of these left (with loom if available) for my TFTC in the UK?
Many thanks for making them originally and for continuing to make them for the rest of us
Best, Dave

#245 5 months ago
Quoted from LampyDave:

I wonder how I missed this for so long...
Newly verified to post: Would be delighted if Davi you still have one of these left (with loom if available) for my TFTC in the UK?
Many thanks for making them originally and for continuing to make them for the rest of us
Best, Dave

Hi Dave, yes I have it with harness. PM sent.

1 month later
#246 3 months ago

Got my board in and installed it. It is a very neat piece of kit, when it works. So far it is proving to be unreliable.

The optos were not soldered very well. I kept intermittently losing track of balls. Visual inspection showed some pads had 0 solder on the front side leading to traces.

Currently I discovered that while a plastic backing kit is included, it relies on using two of the original metal screws for the microswitches. What I found is that after having installed/removed the board several times one of the screws scraped part of the masking away. There is a ground plane or a trace underneath too close to the screw head and now my board works perfectly fine, until that screw is installed and then it likes to emit a loud buzzing. Some of the optos will show both red and green when a ball is not over them and the game does not see any of the balls.

Trying to decide on what fix to go with. Electrical tape is easiest, but it looks like a hack on a board I just spent good money on.

#247 3 months ago
Quoted from dung:

Got my board in and installed it. It is a very neat piece of kit, when it works. So far it is proving to be unreliable.
The optos were not soldered very well. I kept intermittently losing track of balls. Visual inspection showed some pads had 0 solder on the front side leading to traces.
Currently I discovered that while a plastic backing kit is included, it relies on using two of the original metal screws for the microswitches. What I found is that after having installed/removed the board several times one of the screws scraped part of the masking away. There is a ground plane or a trace underneath too close to the screw head and now my board works perfectly fine, until that screw is installed and then it likes to emit a loud buzzing. Some of the optos will show both red and green when a ball is not over them and the game does not see any of the balls.
Trying to decide on what fix to go with. Electrical tape is easiest, but it looks like a hack on a board I just spent good money on.

I would contact the creator first, I am sure he will help!
For the optos, no need 100% hole filling for proper operation - the board is double sided with plated trough holes, soldered from bottom side.
The screw head cannot create short, unless the board is damaged, and the solder mask is removed, therefore a bare copper is visible.
In case the detection is unreliable, the root cause is almost always shiny metal surface at the top of ball trough.

Please send pictures via PM, I will check what is the situation.

#248 3 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

I would contact the creator first, I am sure he will help!
For the optos, no need 100% hole filling for proper operation - the board is double sided with plated trough holes, soldered from bottom side.
The screw head cannot create short, unless the board is damaged, and the solder mask is removed, therefore a bare copper is visible.
In case the detection is unreliable, the root cause is almost always shiny metal surface at the top of ball trough.
Please send pictures via PM, I will check what is the situation.

I already fixed it. If I had questions I would have sent a message, but the problems were pretty obvious.

Optos would work intermittently when I first installed it. Gently pressing on them when installed would cause them to function. This was very much a lack of solder and adding some fixed them. Visually there was very little solder on some of the leads.

The board did get damaged. There are two tiny screws holding that board on and installing/uninstalling a half dozen times for fitment and due to opto issues caused the screw to wear the masking off around the screw holes. Not a lot, but it doesn't take much. It is also pretty common on pinball pcb's that use screw mountings to wear the masking off. The difference is that in the backbox they are usually attaching to the ground plane by design. Under the pf they usually have plastic mounts that the screw is going through.

I opted for a small dab of super glued around the screw hole so that the screw doesn't make contact.

#249 3 months ago
Quoted from dung:

I already fixed it. If I had questions I would have sent a message, but the problems were pretty obvious.
Optos would work intermittently when I first installed it. Gently pressing on them when installed would cause them to function. This was very much a lack of solder and adding some fixed them. Visually there was very little solder on some of the leads.
The board did get damaged. There are two tiny screws holding that board on and installing/uninstalling a half dozen times for fitment and due to opto issues caused the screw to wear the masking off around the screw holes. Not a lot, but it doesn't take much. It is also pretty common on pinball pcb's that use screw mountings to wear the masking off. The difference is that in the backbox they are usually attaching to the ground plane by design. Under the pf they usually have plastic mounts that the screw is going through.
I opted for a small dab of super glued around the screw hole so that the screw doesn't make contact.

It's good to hear that the board works.
The ground is connected to the top layer (as common layer) normally the screw can't reach other track. It would be good if you can share picture about the damage, I would improve the design if required.

2 months later
#250 38 days ago

Any of these boards available or do you have a plan to make any more Davi ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-data-east-ball-trough-opto-board-/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.