Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BanzaiRun_3 (resized).jpg
BanzaiRun_1.jpg
BanzaiRun_2.jpg
#1 4 years ago

Dear folks,

I would like to collect some comments and eventual requests for a new production of LED displays for Williams Banzai Run pinball machines.

We are almost ready for the prototype production, just finalizing the layout and it would be interesting to know if anyone here would be interested in such a product.

To make it clear, this project is intended to replace the whole board which included the bulbs, the controller board and the displays into a single PCB.

UPDATED PRICE:
The final pre-sale price is 289$ (shipping excluded)

UPDATE:
The display is available from the pinside shop!

Gianfri

#2 4 years ago

Depending on price, I would be very interested in something like that.

#4 4 years ago

I would be interested.

#5 4 years ago

Perfect
Feedback looks already interesting.

I'll post some pictures when I'll receive the prototype.

Cheers
Gianfri

3 weeks later
#6 4 years ago

More then I would like to spend, but maybe a required replacement that I have to.

#7 4 years ago

Hi,
I'm sorry for that, I know it's quite a budget but the size of this display is totally out of standards.

Moreover, we will provide a full plug&play display with integrated super LED bulbs to replace the old classic bulb sockets and bulbs.

If you put all those details together I'm quite sure that it will be the best solution ever available on the market soon.

RevA is being produced and I should be able to publish the first pictures in June.
Gianfri

1 week later
#8 4 years ago

Hopefully my comment didn't come across as negative. Having a friend that has priced out making board, he says the size of the board is what they charge by. He suggested having each bulb socket be a daugterboard style and attach to an very inexpensive piece of plastic. That way the cuircuit board is only the size of the display. I'm not even sure that would work at all, but sounded like an interesting idea.

Quoted from gianfri:

Hi,
I'm sorry for that, I know it's quite a budget but the size of this display is totally out of standards.
Moreover, we will provide a full plug&play display with integrated super LED bulbs to replace the old classic bulb sockets and bulbs.
If you put all those details together I'm quite sure that it will be the best solution ever available on the market soon.
RevA is being produced and I should be able to publish the first pictures in June.
Gianfri

#9 4 years ago

X-Pin has had these LED Displays available for years now:
https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-banzai/

#10 4 years ago

Now if you could make a less expensive version of the Williams Millionaire and early version of F-14Tom Cat, i would be interested.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

X-Pin has had these LED Displays available for years now:
https://xpinpinball.com/product/xp-banzai/

$299 is better than $400-$449 so Id be in.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

$299 is better than $400-$449 so Id be in.

thanks for your comment, that's exactly the point

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Now if you could make a less expensive version of the Williams Millionaire and early version of F-14Tom Cat, i would be interested.

Hi Chad, we have it available since a while now so I imagine that you mean having it cheaper or you maybe didn't see it because at least in Europe it is the cheapest on the market.

https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product-category/williamsdata-east/

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from whitingjon:

Hopefully my comment didn't come across as negative. Having a friend that has priced out making board, he says the size of the board is what they charge by. He suggested having each bulb socket be a daugterboard style and attach to an very inexpensive piece of plastic. That way the cuircuit board is only the size of the display. I'm not even sure that would work at all, but sounded like an interesting idea.

Hi,

to be honest we have been thinking of several options but at the end we decided that the best thing would have been to deliver a real snap in display, something you don't need to play around to install it, just remove the old one and place the new one and this for several reasons:

- you may be missing the original display
- or it could be just cracked
- you may want to have recycle the old one

Regarding the PCB size, your friend didn't think about the screws fixing points which are at the edges of the board, you can't just have a smaller PCB because you can't fix it.
Playing with alternative solutions would bring you back to complicated hacks and lot of time to have something which would remain a collage of approximative fixes.

Of course, this is my humble opinion based as well as on other considerations and as I said before, we started from similar ideas you just exposed but we finally dropped them.

I'll post pictures soon as I'm getting the first units in stock in few days.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

Hi Chad, we have it available since a while now so I imagine that you mean having it cheaper or you maybe didn't see it because at least in Europe it is the cheapest on the market.
https://www.pinballsolutions.eu/product-category/williamsdata-east/

I apologize, I never checked you site! Thank you.

#16 4 years ago

My order is in. Thanks again.

#17 4 years ago

Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas has a Banzai Run that has been out for a long time. They said they only needed one display for it.

Would love if they got it back and running.

#18 4 years ago

So finally here you have the spoiler video:

First display has been installed on a Banzai Run.

Looks really good!

BanzaiRun_2.jpgBanzaiRun_2.jpgBanzaiRun_1.jpgBanzaiRun_1.jpg
#20 4 years ago
Quoted from gianfri:

First display has been installed on a Banzai Run.

Looks really good!

This is my Banzai run and it looks great! Buy with confidence Gianfri is 100% trustworthy

#21 4 years ago

I have the X-pin display in my game, find that product has a brighter number display.
GLWS

#22 4 years ago

I have been asked to publish a picture of the final display, here it is:

BanzaiRun_3 (resized).jpgBanzaiRun_3 (resized).jpg

Regarding the pricing, we finally have reduced it to 289$ for the pre-sales in this thread, after the pre-sale period they will be sold from the pinside market at normal price.

Currently finalizing the pre-sale order list.

2 weeks later
#23 4 years ago

Hello again,

closing the pre-orders on Sunday.
If anyone still interested please send me a PM, I still have one display available.

Gianfri

1 month later
#24 4 years ago

Just put Pinball Solutions Banzi Run display in my game at Lyons Classic Pinball. Easy install and looks great!
Thanks for the cheaper alternative .

10 months later
#25 3 years ago

The board Gianfri is providing is a major reliability improvement over the original design. I just installed one in my Banzai Run and it looks great. Great service as well. Buy with confidence.

Mac

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

The board Gianfri is providing is a major reliability improvement over the original design. I just installed one in my Banzai Run and it looks great. Great service as well. Buy with confidence.
Mac

Was the main board plug on yours reversed? I ordered mine long ago and have yet to finish the install but that had me puzzled.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Was the main board plug on yours reversed? I ordered mine long ago and have yet to finish the install but that had me puzzled.

There was only one plug issue. J5 Marquee lamps plug. The wrong pin on the header was clipped, but it is a N/C, so easy fix. They clipped pin 3 instead of pin 4. I would just move the pigtail key plug from pin 4 to pin 3 in the original harness.

You could also clip pin 4 on the header, but you would lose the keying that way.

I worked with Gianfi and they will clip the correct pin going forward.

I also sanded the LED tops to give them a frosted light dispersal which all but eliminates hard circles on the marquee. Easy mod.

Mac

#28 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback and sincere apologies for the J5 key pin mistake.

We finally spotted our mistake and corrected it already on all the boards in stock.
For the boards already sold we are available to help you easily solving the problem (if still needed) by PM

Gianfri

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-banzai-run-led-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.