Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sample-detail.png
sample2.png
sample.png
sample-detail2.png
#1 8 years ago

I've been tinkering with the idea of making a backbox side panel size style art for quite some time and finally started the process of completing the first in the series of many (MET, TRON, Ripley's, Twilight Zone etc) to come. I've fired off the first sketches to the print shop and waiting back on pricing. Just want to know if there is enough demand to even produce these.

Each print (large size 8"x30") would printed on the back surface of the 3/16" polished acrylic stock with a white backing to protect the artwork. All necessary hardware used to hook the panel to the wall would be included : butterfly screws and stainless steel stand offs.

*---Please note that the product is currently not final (overlapping chain links etc...) but would like to gauge interest--*.

There will be 4 different sizes to choose from. The idea would be to start building a mural as I finish off the art pieces.

sample.pngsample.png
sample2.pngsample2.png

sample-detail.pngsample-detail.png
sample-detail2.pngsample-detail2.png

Cheers,
Flash

#2 8 years ago

Looks awesome.
Is it illuminated from behind?

#3 8 years ago

Nope. That would mean backlit panels $$$$. But It wouldn't prevent anyone from adding few led strips in the back for mood lighting

#4 8 years ago

Do these have the permission of the copyright owner? They are a bit less generic than I'm used to seeing.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Nope. That would mean backlit panels $$$$. But It wouldn't prevent anyone from adding few led strips in the back for mood lighting

The confusion is that you seem to have posted a 3d render, not actual product, and there's a red spot of light behind the thing in the picture..

#6 8 years ago

Sweet! I'd like a Tron and Metallica!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Do these have the permission of the copyright owner? They are a bit less generic than I'm used to seeing.

Any idea who to talk to for something like this. Epic rights maybe?

Apart from using the logo ( that is traced out of fire). everything else is 100% made.
But I hear ya

#8 8 years ago

I could always replace the logo with a fiery silhouette of angus doing the duck walk

#9 8 years ago

Well speaking from experience you may get polite threats from Stern over the logo.

Same for any other game of theirs. I'm just avoiding anything branded from Stern from here on out.

#10 8 years ago

IM and Avengers for me please!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well speaking from experience you may get polite threats from Stern over the logo.
Same for any other game of theirs. I'm just avoiding anything branded from Stern from here on out.

I'm curious why stern would have anything to do with this. It doesn't advertise pinball.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I'm curious why stern would have anything to do with this. It doesn't advertise pinball.

Their story is that they are contractually obligated to report brand violations with their licenses properties. The ACDC issue happened after their license was expired though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Their story is that they are contractually obligated to report brand violations with their licenses properties. The ACDC issue happened after their license was expired though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They are defending it so they will be able to buy it again to make me a Luci

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There is no Stern Logo or anything related specifically to the machine. Now whoever is representing ACDC might go after him, but given how far Predator got I doubt it. This is certainly a copyright violation though.

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

There is no Stern Logo or anything related specifically to the machine. Now whoever is representing ACDC might go after him, but given how far Predator got I doubt it. This is certainly a copyright violation though.

I've contacted epic rights just for shits and giggles to see what kind of fee I would be looking at. This started more as a personal project and will most likely ending up being just that. But who knows...if licensing is reasonable...

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Now whoever is representing ACDC might go after him, but given how far Predator got I doubt it.

I hate saying this, but just how far did Predator get? As far as I could tell they didn't actually get out of the starting gate.

(As always, very sorry to the people that got taken in that fiasco).

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I hate saying this, but just how far did Predator get? As far as I could tell they didn't actually get out of the starting gate.
(As always, very sorry to the people that got taken in that fiasco).

Drained the thread awhile ago, but my understanding is he was assembling games. Fox had 0 clue someone was using the license illegally. They only found out because a few nameless individuals contacted them trying to find out if he had the license.

1 week later
#18 8 years ago

Very cool, I hope you can get the license, I would be interested.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-check-acdc-acrylics-prints-more and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.