CFTBL-Starlight.JPG
photo 1.jpeg
starlight plastic.jpg
IMG_8996.JPG
DSCN2244.JPG
DSCN2245.JPG
image-461.jpg
CFTBL-Starlight.JPG

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.
#351 9 years ago

Thanks jazzmaster

#352 9 years ago

@CreechMonster, around June 2013

Must be thrilling and also overwhelming when your mod is so much desired

#353 9 years ago

Yes indeed!! Thanks Thor-NL

#354 9 years ago

What did this mod end up costing?

#355 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

What did this mod end up costing?

$170 shipped.

#356 9 years ago

Thats a good deal.

#357 9 years ago

I agree. Mine should be here in a couple days

#358 9 years ago

I have no idea if I am on the list. If anyone is confirmed and no longer wants theirs, please let me know as I really want one of these.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

My kit should be here in a couple days.

Are your elves going to help you install it?

Quoted from Thor-NL:

I received a PM that I am in batch number 4 and he is now working on batch number 2.

I'm in batch number 3 and I have a deluxe speaker panel and ColorDMD just waiting for this kit. This kit for CFTBL and the Bill Ung saucer kit for AFM and the Hooked tachometer mod for Stern Mustang are my all-time favorite mods (along with the dancing boogeymen for SS, but that mod just restores a feature that was originally on the pilot run games).

#360 9 years ago

Like jazzmaster I was also put on the list in April of 2013 and mine is on it's way. Hopefully you guys get yours soon.

#361 9 years ago

Just got my notification today, payment will be on it's way forthwith!!

#362 9 years ago

Notified, money sent.

#363 9 years ago

Just like the boulder in Indiana Jones, looks like this thing's gaining speed fast I got my PM request for payment this morning and PayPaled the funds pronto.

#364 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Just got my notification today, payment will be on it's way forthwith!

Quoted from fuseholder:

Notified, money sent.

Quoted from nudgefree:

I got my PM request for payment this morning and PayPaled the funds pronto.

Darn! Didn't check Pinside until after lunch today. Notification received and payment now sent.
But all you guys got in ahead of me.

#365 9 years ago

I'm on the very bottom of the list but still happy to be on it. I was able to locate a Deluxe Creech panel so I can't wait!

#366 9 years ago

Just getting my crèche and just. Discovered this, sent a PM and would love to get on a list but if anyone doesn't want theirs please contact me I will gladly take it from you. -Tommy

#367 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

I'm on the very bottom of the list but still happy to be on it. I was able to locate a Deluxe Creech panel so I can't wait!

I didn't think it was possible to get one of those, so I haven't even tried!

Nice score. These are as scarce as a magnetic reed switch for the whirlpool bowl.

#368 9 years ago

I bought it from someone on here for almost twice what it went for.....I thought they went for around $100. But after contacting all the places that usually sold them I was told there wasn't a plan to make more...which I never understood because if I made something that kept selling out I would continue to make more. One thing I learned about mods is if its one you want or think you may want in the future get it immediately because there are a lot of things out there with limited runs.

Quoted from gwarrior:

Nice score. These are as scarce as a magnetic reed switch for the whirlpool bowl.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

These are as scarce as a magnetic reed switch for the whirlpool bowl

FWIW, I picked up a magnetic reed switch off of ebay for $22, including shipping, couple of months ago. Seller's name was dmspinballs*com, and I've seen him list the reed switch more than once.

#370 9 years ago

Just installed mine. Really awesome product! I can't say the same for the repro deluxe panel. The stupid thing is slightly too wide for the cabinet. I guess I will have to try and shave it down. If I force it in, it looks wavy. Anyone else had this problem?

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Just installed mine. Really awesome product! I can't say the same for the repro deluxe panel. The stupid thing is slightly too wide for the cabinet. I guess I will have to try and shave it down. If I force it in, it looks wavy. Anyone else had this problem?

I think CPR put a video out on how to trim the width of the panel. Apparently two different width panel openings. Different cabinet mfg? I didn't have to trim mine.

#372 9 years ago

I got my notification and sent my payment last week. Should I have got a tracking number or shipping confirmation?

Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I got my notification and sent my payment last week. Should I have got a tracking number or shipping confirmation?
Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

I just received the panel yesterday. I was notified and payment was sent last week. You will probably get yours in the next few days.

#374 9 years ago

things are a little slo due to the holiday.

#375 9 years ago

It looks awesome with the color DMD and deluxe panel. Worth the wait.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

It looks awesome with the color DMD and deluxe panel. Worth the wait.

Well rub some salt in it, why don't you

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Rob
Creditdotpinball.com

I got a ring of the doorbell Saturday at noon. Usually I frown upon uninvited guests but It was my mail lady delivering a large package along with my regular mail. I was somewhat confused since I wasn't expecting anything but then I saw the sender was none other than Jeff Thompson - YES!!! Now I have a slight problem in that I never acquired an actual CFTBL machine (looking for a nice one at a good price, or a home with more space and then I may settle ). In the mean time the mirrored deluxe speaker panel with blinky lights will make for great complementary wall art, hanging next to my mirrored Centaur backglass. Both are top notch examples of aftermarket mods that enhance (but at the same time stay true to) the original's design intent.

P.S., the engineering and finish on this thing is a step above, especially at the price being offered.

Unboxing1 sm-156.jpgUnboxing1 sm-156.jpg

Unboxing2 sm-309.jpgUnboxing2 sm-309.jpg

Unboxing3 sm-252.jpgUnboxing3 sm-252.jpg

Unboxing4 sm-401.jpgUnboxing4 sm-401.jpg

Centaur mirror sm-663.jpgCentaur mirror sm-663.jpg

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Thing is, you really don't need one for this mod to work. With a little effort, the original panel works just fine and looks great.

image-321.jpgimage-321.jpg image-870.jpgimage-870.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#379 9 years ago

Jealous of those getting theirs! I got a tracking number for mine thru PayPal, and it says it shipped on July 2nd...only travelling from PA to NY. But all I get when I try to track is the message: "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 2, 2014 to expect your package for mailing. Please check again later."

I have to practice patience, given the 4th was a holiday...I'm sure it will show up in the next couple of days.

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#380 9 years ago

Good comes to all that wait.

#381 9 years ago

Rob, getting the same thing. Hopefully its a holiday thing. The tracking hasn't been updated in the last 5 days

#382 9 years ago

I know a lot of people are watching this so I will ask it here. What are people using to remove the glue under the speaker panel. I have a little glue after pealing the factory light block off the back and alcohol desolves the white portion before loosening the glue. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Just discovered mineral spirits works great.

#383 9 years ago

Are you talking about the back of the graphic plexi? The black foamy adhesive stuff? I used Goo Gone and a plastic scraper.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Are you talking about the back of the graphic plexi? The black foamy adhesive stuff? I used Goo Gone and a plastic scraper.

Yes I am, but I discovered mineral spirits works great. With a drop on my finger and a little rubbing it came off without disturbing anything else. Thank you for your input.

#385 9 years ago

For those receiving their panel now, do you know what batch you were in? I'm in batch 5.

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

For those receiving their panel now, do you know what batch you were in? I'm in batch 5.

I'm in batch 3 and I don't have mine yet. I didn't even know there was a batch 5.

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

The second shipping batch.

#388 9 years ago

Batch? There are batches?

#389 9 years ago

we don't need no stinking batches

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from gwarrior:

Batch? There are batches?

Lol, I'm happy to be in a batch, even if batch 5!

#391 9 years ago

I'm in shipping group #4. C'mon Jeff - get these bad boys out!!

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

I think CPR put a video out on how to trim the width of the panel. Apparently two different width panel openings. Different cabinet mfg? I didn't have to trim mine.

Does anyone have a link to this? I've come up empty in my search and I'm kinda scared to take a dremel to this thing.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Lol, I'm happy to be in a batch, even if batch 5!

Me too.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Does anyone have a link to this? I've come up empty in my search and I'm kinda scared to take a dremel to this thing.

Don't try to dremel it. Search youtube under creech tail light mod and you will find it there.

#395 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

creech tail light mod

I have a slow satellite limited bandwidth internet connection. Do you have a link to that video? I tried a few youtube videos's but nothing showed how to trim the panel. I will use all of my 250 MB a day bandwidth if I few a lot of videos.

#396 9 years ago

Never mind I found it on CPR's website. Here is the link:

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from planters49:

Never mind I found it on CPR's website. Here is the link: » YouTube video

Awesome, thanks for posting that!

#398 9 years ago

So if I sent him a PM at the beginning of May, and I never got a response, is there still a chance I'm somewhere on the list, and he just hasn't contacted me? Will I receive a request for payment at some point? This thread seems to be such a big mystery

#399 9 years ago

I am in batch 3, and patiently waiting for the invoice ...

Think the great intrest is overwhelming and i am sure it's not his livelyhood ... RL comes first

I am sure everyone who PM-ed will be on the list, and is in a batch to be served.

(please start batch 3 )

#400 9 years ago

I had a seriously negative reaction to those in this thread who liked to say "Good things come to those who wait", because I was involved in the infamous RAM controls debacle over on the KLOV/BYOAC forums and while I did get my Star Wars yoke after three plus years of waiting, many others that prepaid did not - ever. While I am very happy I was wrong about the outcome of BBB and WOZ, those two gave me similar anxiety and kept me from plunking down cash that had potential to vanish into thin air.

After having received this mod, I am confident that Jeff is focusing his time on the most important thing to people which is assembling and shipping it out as fast as he can. It is very high quality and packed in the same manner, so it gives me confidence that it will get to those on his list of PMs and emails, no matter how far down. It wouldn't surprise me at all though if he has 100+ waiting since it is an impressive mod at a super price. To me it ranks right up there with the Tron Arcade mod as "Best mod ever" (leaving the king in cost and coolness, ColorDMD, aside).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.