CFTBL-Starlight.JPG
photo 1.jpeg
starlight plastic.jpg
IMG_8996.JPG
DSCN2244.JPG
DSCN2245.JPG
image-461.jpg
CFTBL-Starlight.JPG

There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.
#301 9 years ago

A few close-ups (Sure the marquee sign and the moon/ UFO combo are the awesome money shots, but I also love how REAL the taillights look):

creech panel 2.jpgcreech panel 2.jpg
creech panel 3.jpgcreech panel 3.jpg
creech panel 4.jpgcreech panel 4.jpg

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Got my lighted panel and I just got done prepping my original plastic. Took a bit of work and about 2 hours of my time, but it looks great. Stripped the adhesive and black paper-like mask off the back, cleaned it thoroughly with goo gone and alcohol and then installed the die cut vinyl mask that Jeff offers. I would have had it all installed for pics, but I have upgraded speakers installed in my Creech that won't fit with the lighted panel. The power plug comes out right where the speaker panel mounts (on the right/ tweeter side). Anyone else running into this issue?

I had this issue with version 2 and solved the fit problem by cutting away just enough of the wooden speaker spacer to allow it to fit over the offending plug. Worked fine.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I had this issue with version 2 and solved the fit problem by cutting away just enough of the wooden speaker spacer to allow it to fit over the offending plug. Worked fine.

That's what I figured I'd have to do. My spacer is molded plastic, so I guess I'll draw a rough line and route it out.

#304 9 years ago

Here's a pic of the vinyl mask in place on my original panel:

14260211006_143a5b2381_b.jpg14260211006_143a5b2381_b.jpg

And lit up:

14283321525_2cdfd34d8f_b.jpg14283321525_2cdfd34d8f_b.jpg

#305 9 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics, looks lovely!

#306 9 years ago

Such a cool mod. Wish I was on the list. I want one. It's not a want, it's a need!

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Such a cool mod. Wish I was on the list. I want one. It's not a want, it's a need!

back of the line bub

#308 9 years ago

So, the question is.....is there another line??...haha. It appears to be enough interest in another run.

Quoted from shlockdoc:

back of the line bub

#309 9 years ago

I am on the list.... but did not have contact yet..... perhaps not on the list

The horror of waiting

#310 9 years ago

Thor-NL I do have you on the list...

FYI everyone who is still waiting, the only hold-up at the moment is that I am waiting for more holo stickers from Planetary Pinball. I waited till the last minute to pay my license fees (for the speaker grille artwork, don't want any C&D letters) and as a result I am now just waiting on them so I can pack and ship. Expect another round of payment requests in about 1 week.

Phetishboy what speaker upgrade do you have?

Thanks!

Jeff

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

FYI everyone who is still waiting, the only hold-up at the moment is that I am waiting for more holo stickers from Planetary Pinball. I waited till the last minute to pay my license fees (for the speaker grille artwork, don't want any C&D letters) and as a result I am now just waiting on them so I can pack and ship. Expect another round of payment requests in about 1 week.
Thanks!
Jeff

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#312 9 years ago

Those pics look awesome!

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

Those pics look awesome!

It's even better in person. What a great looking mod.

#314 9 years ago

Hopefully I am on the list. I sent Jeff an email back last June asking to be on the list if he ever would re-run this mod. Looks great.

#315 9 years ago

Which would look better with this mod? Full Color DMD or B&W DMD?

14260203826_c5074f3e78_b.jpg14260203826_c5074f3e78_b.jpg
#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Which would look better with this mod? Full Color DMD or B&W DMD?

14260203826_c5074f3e78_b.jpg 94 KB

definitely the color dmd (although I may have to set mine to sigma b&w just to see how it looks

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

definitely the color dmd (although I may have to set mine to sigma b&w just to see how it looks

The game is a drive-in theme, and most of the animation is drive-in stuff, so color is more appropriate. When the movie actually plays at the start of multi-ball, ColorDMD already shows those parts in black and white.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

The game is a drive-in theme, and most of the animation is drive-in stuff, so color is more appropriate. When the movie actually plays at the start of multi-ball, ColorDMD already shows those parts in black and white.

I just wish that they had kept all of the movie stuff in black and white (finding the creature; when the image pans up of the creature holding the girl and the multi-ball restart timeout; the guy holding the girl starts out in color and then switches back to b/w before starting the film breaking/melting animation)

(I also wish that randy didn't have the restrictions that he has to contend with, otherwise we'd have animations where the 3D glasses on the guy and girl were actually blue and red instead of blue and black)

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

So it's worth the $420 price tag? (That's more than I sold my nice 1977 Bally Lost World for a few years back, and that was an entire pinball machine!)

#320 9 years ago

personally, I thought it was worth the asking price. a new mono-colored plasma or LED dmd will set you back $300+

the extra $100 that colorDMD charges for their product definitely breathes new life into any of the 11 (to date) machines that they've put out colorized roms for

#321 9 years ago

I have 5 colordmds and they rock!

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

personally, I thought it was worth the asking price. a new mono-colored plasma or LED dmd will set you back $300+
the extra $100 that colorDMD charges for their product definitely breathes new life into any of the 11 (to date) machines that they've put out colorized roms for

Cool, I assume for $400 they burn the ROMs and include them with the Display?

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

Cool, I assume for $400 they burn the ROMs and include them with the Display?

Colordmd roms are on their website. Downloading takes 30 seconds. Updating about a minute via USB stick.

#324 9 years ago

So no actual ROM chips or ROM burner needed?

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

So no actual ROM chips or ROM burner needed?

Nope! Honestly they made it so easy. Just a USB stick.

#326 9 years ago

If you only put a Color DMD in Creech! its eye popping!

#327 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Fixed it with my table router and a trimming bit. The ABS plastic cut like butter. Seemed to work pretty well:

DSC04216.JPGDSC04216.JPG
DSC04217.JPGDSC04217.JPG
DSC04218.JPGDSC04218.JPG
DSC04221.JPGDSC04221.JPG
DSC04222.JPGDSC04222.JPG

#328 9 years ago

Anybody install the color DMD with one of these lighted panels yet? I'd love to see a pic of them in action together.

#329 9 years ago

IMG_20140523_173726_346-771.jpgIMG_20140523_173726_346-771.jpgIMG_20140524_102813_213.jpgIMG_20140524_102813_213.jpg

Quoted from Phetishboy:

Anybody install the color DMD with one of these lighted panels yet? I'd love to see a pic of them in action together.

[attachment=16890

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from thompso9:

Thanks!
Jeff

Any estimate on shipping? I assume I am on the list?

Thanks.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

get-attachment-1.aspx.jpegget-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

get-attachment-1.aspx.jpeg 171 KB

Whoa, sweet, thanks.

2 weeks later
#333 9 years ago

I'm shuffling my pinball money around this month it seems...lots of repro items hitting the market and lots of things breaking on the machines I own. Don't want to be tapped out when the OP comes calling for money.

Any updates when this next batch will be ready to go out?

Rob
creditdotpinball.com

#334 9 years ago

I got a message and paid for mine today

#335 9 years ago

I signed up when the second run was announced, and sent a pm also, but never got a response, so I hope I am still on the list, if not hopefully they will announce they are taking orders again.

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

I signed up when the second run was announced, and sent a pm also, but never got a response, so I hope I am still on the list, if not hopefully they will announce they are taking orders again.

I'm in exactly the same situation, just hoping my # will come up eventually

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Any estimate on shipping? I assume I am on the list?
Thanks.

Just got my notification. Order placed. I'm psyched.

#338 9 years ago

Hopefully I am somewhere near the end of list... Getting ready to do some work on my creature..

#339 9 years ago

I'm on there somewhere around the end of the list too I believe. I'm in no rush- my CFBL isn't going anywhere for a long time... but the kid in me is saying "ooh! cool! I want it now! NOW!!" heheheh This mod is seriously awesome!

#340 9 years ago

Not sure if I am on the list or not. My PMs never got responded too.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Not sure if I am on the list or not. My PMs never got responded too.

Same here. I may have to make one for myself i fear.

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm in exactly the same situation, just hoping my # will come up eventually

Ditto.

#343 9 years ago

I am one of the last on the list. Can't wait!

#344 9 years ago

me too!...good things come to those who wait..

#345 9 years ago

Where do these sit? Like Tom, I'm not sure where we stand as to this run. Does he have enough to meet the demand at this point? Never heard back...

Jaz

#346 9 years ago

Well shlockdoc was at 1 year 1 month pos and I'm about a half dozen down at 11 months 1 week and still waiting. The good news at least is that so far I haven't been passed over so I am hoping for notification soon. It does seem to be taking a while to progress through the list however.

#347 9 years ago

I want one..put me on the list

#348 9 years ago

I received a PM that i am in batch number 4
Serving batch number 2 .....

So it is in the works

#349 9 years ago

Thor-NL
When did you put yourself on the list? I was put on list last October. Just wanted to see where Jeff is at on list. I didn't want to ask him. I am sure he has enough on his mind. This mod was the reason I joined pinside. I feel like a little kid at Christmas. Waiting for a PM to get my (red ryder BB gun) notice.

#350 9 years ago

I am in batch number 2 - just got my ship notification. I was added to the list in April 2013, just as the last run finished shipping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 570 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interest-advice-on-cftbl-speaker-panel-led-mod-re-run/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.