Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jgreene
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have seen auctions, that have Bally score reels for sale. I was wondering if Bally games around 1973-1975 were all using the same score reels?
I'd like to get some spares for my Wizard and my Captain Fantastic, in case something happens someday, and they become unobtainium.

The same question goes for relays from those year games. Might be nice to have some spare parts.

Doug

#2 2 years ago

Probably? But you could double check by referring to the parts catalogs at Planetary Pinball:

https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK

/Mark

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Probably? But you could double check by referring to the parts catalogs at Planetary Pinball:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK
/Mark

Thank you Mark!
That was a great suggestion. I was able to look at all the machines that used the same parts! Thanks for the reply!

#4 2 years ago

It's pretty unlikely that you would ever need an entire score reel assembly on a restored working game. The only part you're likely to ever need is a coil, maybe (rarely) a switch or coil stop. I don't think any of those items will ever be unattainable. If you can get them for about the price of a new coil, they would probably be worthwhile.

If you have an un-restored game with questionable score reels (or a possibly broken plastic reel) they might be more valuable to you.

#5 2 years ago

When restoring my em I bought a couple of used reel assemblies off eBay. They came is use for a couple odd parts.

The other thing I did was relocate all the player four assemblies to e player one position. The player 1 reels get cycled multiple time every game vs the play 2+ reels which rarely do more than rest to zero. In this way four player games can be their own source of spare parts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interchangable-score-reels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.