vlcsnap-2022-06-11-23h58m43s028.png
ROCKET.jpg
BUMPER_VIDEO_LIST__.jpg
Bumper_video_cohete_003.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-05-13-01h37m28s390.png
vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h26m54s115.png
vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h27m01s651.png
vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h26m38s549.png
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Interactive video screen for Bumper Cap. First prototype with 2.1-inch screen, Im preparing a second prototype with 2.4-inch screen.

This device can play images and videos interactively. User programmable to trigger videos according to the status of any pinball input/output (playfield switches, Lamps, Flasher, Bumpers and output devices).

The controller board, connected to the pinball CPU directly, is a design derived from the one I made for the Creature Hologram Kit. It will allow to connect up to 4 interactive bumpers, to be able to synchronize effects between them (for example in Addams Family, Twilight Zone, DE Star Wars ...?.

Each Bumper Video board includes the complete video player (NOT Raspberry based, but my own design), with video storage on micro SD cards and connection to the main board with 3-wire cable (or micro USB).

It is still a prototype, it remains to be designed the bezel that replaces the original plastic cover, and fixes the board to the bumper.

#2 4 years ago

Very cool!!
Would work great with Tron- think you may get a lot of interest there.
Any idea on when you think these may become available (if at all).

#3 4 years ago

I’ll be watching this closely. Curious how the display handles life on a pop bumper.

#4 4 years ago

Interesting.......This could be VERY cool in certain applications. Following!

Chris

#5 4 years ago

Nice

#6 4 years ago

Man...I could see some real cool animations running on the Kiss pops.....

#7 4 years ago

Love it!

#8 4 years ago

Preparing the design for the final version of the Video Bumper.

A somewhat complex project, because in the little space of the cover of a bumper (about 7cm), I have to place the complete electronics of an interactive video player, which receives data from a controller board to trigger the videos as programmed by the Status of switches, lamps, bumpers, flashers and other output devices. The Video Bumper will connect to the controller board, connected to the CPU, with a 3-wire cable, up to four Video Bumper per board.

I also have to design the bezel that will go around the round screen and a transparent protective cover, both in acrylic, and fixed with screws and dividers.

ScreenHunter_005.jpgScreenHunter_005.jpg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Very cool!!
Would work great with Tron- think you may get a lot of interest there.
Any idea on when you think these may become available (if at all).

Thanks.

I cannot tell you a specific date, but I would like it to be by the end of September. The problem is that I have several projects at the same time, the Hologram Kit, the Video Bumper, the DMD of 128x16 and the Advanced Coloring, besides port the source code for the DMDMX7.

Now the priority is the Hologram Kit, however I am going to order this Video Bumper board version, and I start with the tests to program it to add the interactive feature. I also have to make the controller board, although its based on the one I made for the Hologram Kit, there are some things that are different, such as the outputs to connect the bumpers and remove the Raspberry, which is not used here.

#10 4 years ago

The design of the Video Bumper, is almost ready to send to manufacture the final version.

I am waiting to receive several models of connectors that I have ordered for the flat cable ribbon of the screen, I will choose one and place it in the design, replacing the one I put for the tests.

For the top of the bumper, I have requested and received a quote to manufacture a fluorescent acrylic ring in various colors (picture attached). This ring is around the screen, with a width of about 10mm and a height of 3 to 5mm.

The screen will be fixed and protected by a transparent acrylic 2mm thick, with the same diameter as the board, 76mm.

ScreenHunter_031.jpgScreenHunter_031.jpgScreenHunter_032.jpgScreenHunter_032.jpgP1090061.JPGP1090061.JPGP1090068.JPGP1090068.JPG

#11 4 years ago

Love it, Very cool concept.

#12 4 years ago

Today I received enough material to adjust the design. Screws, Philips and Allen head, M2.5 metric, 5mm metal spacers. Quite a few models of the connector for the screen, the one that appears in the image is the one that I have chosen, but I received 15 different models.

3-pin screw connector, to connect the 3 wires with 12v power, ground and data signal to trigger videos interactively.

Last week I also received the 256Mbit SDRAM memory and the main processor (an LQFP176 appears in the photo, but in reality it is a 208-pin LQFP208, a real monster with incredible performance).

I had to make some adjustments to the design of the board. I have added 4 holes to fix with screws and spacers, the electronic circuit board to an acrylic piece, which will be the one that is fixed to the plastic of the bumper.

I was also very busy routing all the tracks by hand. It is quite complex and very laborious, because in this type of circuit ALL data tracks must have the same length, or the circuit will not work well when handling signals of a fairly high frequency.

About the scren data connector (30-pin, for 0.5mm), I have been lucky because the one I put in the design, matches the physical connector that I am going to use, although the tracks are still to be routed. I finish with these details, and I can already send to manufacture the PCB.

I will leave the mechanical part to the end, which will be a 2mm acrylic piece, to fix the PCB to the bumper.

The board that connects to the pinball CPU will also be finished, this board will send signals to the Video Bumper (up to 4 units per board), to trigger the videos according to the state of the pinball signals (switches, flashers, bumpers, lamps and any other output signal). However, without that board, the Video Bumper can still work by playing random videos.

bumper_004.jpgbumper_004.jpg
bumper_003.jpgbumper_003.jpg
bumper_001.jpgbumper_001.jpg
bumper_002.jpgbumper_002.jpg
ScreenHunter_014.jpgScreenHunter_014.jpg
ScreenHunter_004.jpgScreenHunter_004.jpg

#13 4 years ago

Today I was working with the CAD to finish the design of several pieces, in methacrylate, for the Hologram Kit and the Video Bumper.

For the Video Bumper, a piece of 2mm transparent methacrylate to fix the circuit board to the plastic of the bumper, of the same material a protective cover, and finally some fluorescent rings in several colors that frame the screen and fix it to the board.

While I am waiting for the PCB that I ordered from the manufacturer, in order to assemble the product. I want to create a prototype table with 4 video bumpers connected to the controller board and a Bally / Williams CPU, to test the product with synchronized video effects.

ScreenHunter_007.jpgScreenHunter_007.jpgScreenHunter_008.jpgScreenHunter_008.jpgScreenHunter_009.jpgScreenHunter_009.jpgScreenHunter_010.jpgScreenHunter_010.jpgScreenHunter_011.jpgScreenHunter_011.jpgScreenHunter_012.jpgScreenHunter_012.jpgScreenHunter_013.jpgScreenHunter_013.jpgScreenHunter_021.jpgScreenHunter_021.jpg

panelizado_OK.jpgpanelizado_OK.jpg
#14 4 years ago

Watching this closely. Wondering which of my pins it can work on.

#15 4 years ago

While I get the PCB board that I designed for the Video Bumper with 2.1-inch round screen, I've been testing a new screen. This is somewhat larger (2.4 inches), and is also much brighter than the previous one.

The circuit for the interactive video player, which I already designed, will also work for this screen, I just have to change the type of connector and make some modifications to the firmware. As soon as I receive the PCB board and test the design, I will make the version for this screen and decide which of the two to offer, or maybe both.

#16 4 years ago

Offer the bigger and brighter one!

#17 4 years ago

That's quite impressive.
Will be watching this thread.

#18 4 years ago

That honestly looks far better than I expected it to. This could be a really cool interactive feature.

Thank you

#19 4 years ago

I finished the design of the Video Bumper board for the large round screen (2.4 inches). Practically the same as the previous one (2.1 inches), only the connector for the screen, the routing of the corresponding tracks and the hole to insert the flat ribbon of the screen is different.

I send this PCB board to be manufactured, while I wait to receive the previous one, for the 2.1-inch screen, next week. I will also receive the pieces in methacrylate to assemble the Video Bumper, round piece of fixation to the plastic of the bumper, transparent cover and fluorescent ring.

In the attached images the design of the new PCB, and the two screens that I will use, 2.1 and 2.4 inches, the rest of the components are identical in both designs.

pantallas_redondas_vp.jpgpantallas_redondas_vp.jpg
ScreenHunter_003.jpgScreenHunter_003.jpgScreenHunter_004.jpgScreenHunter_004.jpg

#20 4 years ago

Today I received the pieces in methacrylate to assemble the Video Bumper, I still have to receive the PCB boards to mount the electronic circuit of the interactive video player. These methacrylate pieces are composed of a 2mm transparent methacrylate unit to fix the Video Bumper to the bumper plastic, a 2mm transparent methacrylate protective cap, and 3mm colored fluorescent rings, to fix and frame the round screen to the electronic board.

I am also waiting to receive the PCB boards, for the Video Bumper with 2.4-inch screen.

bumper_001.jpgbumper_001.jpgbumper_002.jpgbumper_002.jpgbumper_003.jpgbumper_003.jpgbumper_004.jpgbumper_004.jpgbumper_005.jpgbumper_005.jpgbumper_006.jpgbumper_006.jpg
#21 4 years ago

New boards arrive, today I received the PCB to mount the Video Bumper with 2.1-inch screen.

For the tests I will assemble a set of four Video Bumper to create synchronized video effects between them, I have ordered the plastic parts to mount the four bumper (base, body and skirt).

Next week I hope to receive the PCBs for the Video Bumper with 2.4-inch screen, and also the final board for the Creature hologram kit.

PCB_21_002.jpgPCB_21_002.jpgPCB_21_003.jpgPCB_21_003.jpgPCB_21_008.jpgPCB_21_008.jpg

PCB_21_010_OK.jpgPCB_21_010_OK.jpg
#22 4 years ago

These pinball mods are making me broke. Following for sure!

10 months later
#23 3 years ago

Well it's been plenty long enough for the pcb's to come back from the manufacturer. Is there and chance this project will ever get finished? Always great to see this kind of creativity but never good to see it never come to fruition.

#24 3 years ago

PinDeLaPin , thanks for resurrecting this thread. This looks like a great project. Hope it comes to fruition. Maybe the OP will chime in with an update.

1 month later
#25 3 years ago

Had almost forgotten about these..
Maybe someday it will finish.
I wish you success when this is done!!

1 year later
#26 2 years ago

It’s odd this thread just died considering how far along he was with this and the success to that point……. And then nothing. I hope he is ok first of all and that this project eventually sees the light of day.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

It’s odd this thread just died considering how far along he was with this and the success to that point……. And then nothing. I hope he is ok first of all and that this project eventually sees the light of day.

No, it's not dead, it's alive and very much alive, it's one of the SIX projects I'm working on right now.

The thing is, I've decided to never post product development threads again, for two main reasons.

1.- Avoid those who are dedicated to copying, plagiarizing, stealing and hacking my ideas and designs. The Germans are experts at that, it already happened to me with the DMD and the hologram kit and it will never happen to me again. Then these guys, also have so little shame that they say you have copied them, cynical and liars, very bad people.

2.- Avoid the TROLL who systematically fill my threads with garbage, lies and defamation. Again the sect of the Germans and some other idiot (I think there was an Englishman and an American), experts in inventing lies and making a bunch of fools repeat them like parrots, to see if by repeating a lie a million times becomes true. In a normal forum the TROLLs are banned, here it depends on who is harmed, that happens or not, it seems that I am on the list of those who can be insulted and nothing happens, of others you cannot even say that their product seems low quality, your message is deleted and you are threatened with banning. Solution, ignore the morons and don't post development threads anymore.

When this and the rest of the projects I'm working on are finished, I'll post it in a new thread, with photos, videos, features and price so that whoever is interested can buy it.

You can also follow the status of my designs on my Facebook, there are many things that I don't post on forums, only on my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp

Here is a sample of some videos we are working on for the Twilight Zone (14 videos will be made for the TZ), now working on the Tina doll video. A set of videos for the Addams Family and Data East's Star Wars is also planned. The electronics of the controller board is a much improved evolution of the Holomodsp from the hologram kit, with a much more powerful new processor, outputs to control mods via serial port, other types of outputs that I prefer not to mention for now, and in addition to capturing the state of switches, lamps, flashers and coils, sounds are also captured.

Designed to install up to 5 video bumpers on the same pinball. Three in the TZ, four in the SWDE, and probably between four and five in the TAF. It can be installed in any Bally/Williams and in the Data East, I'll see if I also prepare an interface for the Stern.

Do you have a TOM? My star project will be for that machine (not video bumpers, it's another much more striking design), it's the one I'm spending more time and working on now, I think it will be even better than the Holomodsp of the Creature. Other projects will be more universal, for many pinball models.

DOLL_TZ_.jpgDOLL_TZ_.jpg

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

Here is a sample of some videos we are working on for the Twilight Zone (14 videos will be made for the TZ), now working on the Tina doll video.

Hopefully this mod will be compatible with machines that have 86pixel's Pinvision installed.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

Hopefully this mod will be compatible with machines that have 86pixel's Pinvision installed.

The only thing to consider is to use an external power supply, if other mods are already installed. A 12v 3A power supply will suffice, my kits include quick-connect clips to take AC voltage from the 100v on the DMD board. The external power supply will be an optional extra, as it is also offered with the Holomodsp hologram kit, although I always recommend including it to avoid problems (CPU resets).

My controller board captures signals directly from the CPU with small L-board. In the new Holomodsp version, two L-boards will be used, one to capture sounds data and one for lamps, flasher, coils. This doesn't interfere with any other mods, I don't know the details of the mod you mention, but I think it plugs directly into the sound card, not the CPU connectors like my product does.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

The only thing to consider is to use an external power supply, if other mods are already installed. A 12v 3A power supply will suffice, my kits include quick-connect clips to take AC voltage from the 100v on the DMD board. The external power supply will be an optional extra, as it is also offered with the Holomodsp hologram kit, although I always recommend including it to avoid problems (CPU resets).
My controller board captures signals directly from the CPU with small L-board. In the new Holomodsp version, two L-boards will be used, one to capture sounds data and one for lamps, flasher, coils. This doesn't interfere with any other mods, I don't know the details of the mod you mention, but I think it plugs directly into the sound card, not the CPU connectors like my product does.

Yes his plugs into J506 on the sound board. Since your product plugs into the CPU connectors it should be fine. Can't wait to try it out!

#31 2 years ago

All the necessary cables and connectors are already prepared for this and the rest of the interactive projects in design (all six are interactive devices).

For the bumper video I have 4 types of screens (all MIPI), the ones that can be seen in the attached image. The two at the top of the image are really the same as the two at the bottom but with a round cover that also includes a touch sensor (not useful in this application). In the image you can also see the comparison of the screens with the bumper cover, my intention is to use the largest screen, which has a larger visible area and a good luminance (650 cd/m2).

Hardware and software are already finished, I only need to design the mechanical part, which is the most delicate so that the product is robust enough to withstand possible hits from the ball without breaking. This is really the most complicated of these designs that go on the game board.

As for the videos, we are now working on the Extra Ball with the Tina doll, and the one with the Camera. For the camera video, it has been designed in 3D to be able to turn the camera at various angles on each of the three screens, while the flashes are produced, the crank is moved and the photo is taken, with a background of moving stars.

Some changes have also been made to improve the explosion of the pyramid, increasing the number of pieces and slowing down the speed of the explosion (video test attached, only with the explosions).

This is the list and status of videos for the Twilight Zone
===================================
1.- Spirals, 6 effects, multiple colors (DONE)
2.- GUMBALL, two ball effects, multiple colors (DONE)
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
6.- BATTLE THE POWER, Pyramids (DONE)
7.- EXTRA BALL, Tina doll (in development)
8.- CAMERA (in development)
9.- BALL LOCKED, 3D door
10.- TOWN SQUARE, three cars
11.- JACKPOT
12.- ROCKET
13.- ROBOT ROBBY
14.- Small robot

pantallas_redondas.jpgpantallas_redondas.jpgphoto_2022-03-27_01-14-29.jpgphoto_2022-03-27_01-14-29.jpg
cables_conectores_001.jpgcables_conectores_001.jpgcables_conectores_002.jpgcables_conectores_002.jpgcables_conectores_003.jpgcables_conectores_003.jpg

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

No, it's not dead, it's alive and very much alive, it's one of the SIX projects I'm working on right now.
The thing is, I've decided to never post product development threads again, for two main reasons.
1.- Avoid those who are dedicated to copying, plagiarizing, stealing and hacking my ideas and designs. The Germans are experts at that, it already happened to me with the DMD and the hologram kit and it will never happen to me again. Then these guys, also have so little shame that they say you have copied them, cynical and liars, very bad people.
2.- Avoid the TROLL who systematically fill my threads with garbage, lies and defamation. Again the sect of the Germans and some other idiot (I think there was an Englishman and an American), experts in inventing lies and making a bunch of fools repeat them like parrots, to see if by repeating a lie a million times becomes true. In a normal forum the TROLLs are banned, here it depends on who is harmed, that happens or not, it seems that I am on the list of those who can be insulted and nothing happens, of others you cannot even say that their product seems low quality, your message is deleted and you are threatened with banning. Solution, ignore the morons and don't post development threads anymore.
When this and the rest of the projects I'm working on are finished, I'll post it in a new thread, with photos, videos, features and price so that whoever is interested can buy it.
You can also follow the status of my designs on my Facebook, there are many things that I don't post on forums, only on my Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Pinballsp
Here is a sample of some videos we are working on for the Twilight Zone (14 videos will be made for the TZ), now working on the Tina doll video. A set of videos for the Addams Family and Data East's Star Wars is also planned. The electronics of the controller board is a much improved evolution of the Holomodsp from the hologram kit, with a much more powerful new processor, outputs to control mods via serial port, other types of outputs that I prefer not to mention for now, and in addition to capturing the state of switches, lamps, flashers and coils, sounds are also captured.
Designed to install up to 5 video bumpers on the same pinball. Three in the TZ, four in the SWDE, and probably between four and five in the TAF. It can be installed in any Bally/Williams and in the Data East, I'll see if I also prepare an interface for the Stern.
Do you have a TOM? My star project will be for that machine (not video bumpers, it's another much more striking design), it's the one I'm spending more time and working on now, I think it will be even better than the Holomodsp of the Creature. Other projects will be more universal, for many pinball models.

[quoted image]

What total bollox lol pinballSP was the last dev to the pinDMD game literally like 7 years late. Very strange why you think people copied you when you was the last person to release a dmd product (which used stolen firmware lol)

#33 2 years ago

Now working on the Extra Ball video, with the Tina doll, the ball and the explosion. We only have to define what background to use and we can start the animation based on the one seen in the DMD.

These videos are relatively simple compared to the 30 that were made for the Creature Hologram Kit, and I think we'll be done soon, then we'll move on to another set of videos, maybe for the Addams Family or one of the other products I'm designing.

ScreenHunter_014.jpgScreenHunter_014.jpg

#34 2 years ago

Videos of the Extra Ball, finished. Now working with the videos of the Photo Camera, Ball Locked, Town Square and Jackpot. In these previews, each of the circles corresponds to a round video screen installed in each of the TZ's three bumpers. The videos are always different in the three screens for each event.

I have received some inquiries via email and Facebook about whether Bumper Video can be installed on Stern WhiteStar, SAM and Spike machines. Well, for now only the interface for the Bally/Williams is done, derived from the Holomodsp board, with many improvements. Next up will be an interface for Data East and maybe Stern WhiteStar and SAM. As for Spike, it's complicated because there is little technical documentation, I don't have Spike machines, and the Nodes system boards to work without having the machine are quite expensive.

camera_TZ.jpgcamera_TZ.jpg

#35 2 years ago

Animation tests for the 3D camera video. We also started to prepare the design of the cars for the Town Square video.

photo_2022-04-03_11-09-33.jpgphoto_2022-04-03_11-09-33.jpg
#36 2 years ago

Summary of videos developed so far, for the Twilight Zone (7 of 14 videos).

- Spirals, 6 effects, multiple colors
- CLOCK
- SLOT MACHINE
- POWER BALL
- BATTLE THE POWER, Pyramids
- GUMBALL, two ball effects, multiple colors
- EXTRA BALL, Tina doll
vlcsnap-2022-04-03-14h30m19s227.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-14h30m19s227.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-15h02m54s857.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-15h02m54s857.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-14h29m00s179.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-14h29m00s179.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-14h29m39s231.pngvlcsnap-2022-04-03-14h29m39s231.png

EXTRA_BALL_DOLL_ok__.jpgEXTRA_BALL_DOLL_ok__.jpg
#37 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballsp:

it seems that I am on the list of those who can be insulted and nothing happens

Welcome to the club lol

#39 2 years ago

Starting the design of two more videos, Town Square and Ball Locked.

The door for the Ball Locked video has been designed in 3D, so we can animate it in the video to perform the movements and turns it gives in the DMD animation. Various lightning, background and other effects will be added.We also continue to finish the video of the Camera, also designed in 3D.

1.- Spirals, 6 effects, multiple colors (DONE)
2.- GUMBALL, two ball effects, multiple colors (DONE)
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
7.- EXTRA BALL, Tina doll (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (in development)
9.- BALL LOCKED, 3D door (in development)
10.- TOWN SQUARE, three cars (in development)
11.- JACKPOT
12.- ROCKET
13. ROBOT ROBBY
14.- Small robot

TOWN_SQUARE_3D_DOOR_BALL_LOCKED.jpgTOWN_SQUARE_3D_DOOR_BALL_LOCKED.jpg

#40 2 years ago

First animation tests for the Ball Locked video. The door has been created in 3D and is animated with Cinema 4D, the movements of the door still need to be improved, add several rays, color changes and some other effect, with differences between the three screens (fundamentally color changes).

This video, the one with the Photo Camera and the one with the 3 cars (Town Square), will be finished at the same time and we will already have 10 of the 14 videos planned for the Twilight Zone. As soon as this package of 14 videos is finished, the product will be ready to offer it to those interested in buying it. Then I will continue with another of the six projects in design, this one for the Theater of Magic (a quite complex project, because it involves electronics , software programming, videos and especially quite delicate mechanical parts).

#41 2 years ago

Damn! This is one of the coolest mods I e seen. Love what you are developing!

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Damn! This is one of the coolest mods I e seen. Love what you are developing!

Thanks for the feedback friend.

#43 2 years ago

Here is a summary of the videos developed so far. For these high quality previews I group them two by two events in each video. Soon there will also be the Photo Camera, which I will upload in a preview with the Extra Ball (doll), then there will be the "Ball Locked" and "Town Square" videos.

Each game event triggers three videos, one on each screen, which correspond to the three bumpers in the Twilight Zone. Always for the same event, there are variations in the videos of each screen, it is not the same video played three times.

For example in the video of the Slot, on each screen you can see a reel with the figures in different positions, also different speeds of rotation. In the video of the pyramids, each pyramid receives hits from the balls at different times and the color changes are also independent. In the Gumball video, each screen will draw balls of a different color or multicolor. In the Clock video, each clock turns its clock's needles in a different direction and at different speeds, there are also color changes at different times. In the video of the Extra Ball, with the doll, the scene moves from one to the next screen, to finally get Extra ball text when the ball explodes. In the Power Ball video, on each screen the color of the ball is different and it changes color at different times. The videos of the spirals are actually 5 colors, multicolored and with 6 different effects, in this case being the default video, it will change automatically on each screen when the ball hits the corresponding bumper.

And so with all the videos that are developed, there will always be differences for the same event on each screen, in this case three screens, because the TZ has three bumpers. It's planned to do it with 3, 4 or 5 screens for the Addams Family, and 4 screens for Date East's Star Wars.

#44 2 years ago

We continue to advance in the design of the animation of the camera video. There are still things to correct and improve. The camera will be seen at different angles on each of the three screens, we will also put different planets on each screen.

We are trying to synchronize the times of each video with the DMD animation actions and durations to get a better interaction with the state of the game events. During the game we rarely look at the DMD, but elements that are on the playfield, such as the bumpers on the TZ or the Hologram Kit on the Creature, can help us know what is happening in the game. This is not just a purely decorative product like a DMD, it is an interactive and useful product for the player.

We are also preparing a video preview in which all the videos are seen in operation at the same time.

Added over 2 years ago:

I accidentally deleted the video from Youtube, but you can see the final version in the next post.

#45 2 years ago

Camera video finished, we are preparing some previews with this and the previous video of the Extra Ball, and a preview that will include all the videos of this set for the TZ.

We are now working on the designs for the Town Square video, drawing the cars and houses in the background.

Few videos of this set are left, as soon as it is finished, the product, hardware, software and mechanical elements to fix the screens to the bumpers will also be finished, as well as the new Holomodsp controller with many improvements. Then I will set the price for those interested in buying it.

I can't confirm yet if we will continue with the video set for the Addams Family, or I will continue with the project for The Theater of Magic, a much more complex project but more interesting for me.

Town_Square_001.jpgTown_Square_001.jpgTown_Square_002.jpgTown_Square_002.jpg

#46 2 years ago

Ok, I’m still following and look forward to these coming to market!

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Ok, I’m still following and look forward to these coming to market!

Thank you friend for continuing to be interested in the product, despite having stopped development for 2 years. Now I am taking up several projects that I started years ago and were not finished.

I take the opportunity to use the same development in other products that will use the same electronics, such as this interactive video player, which I will also use in the MiniScreen for the Creature and another one.

#48 2 years ago

Preview of the Extra Ball and Camera videos.

I have also created a 4K preview with the list of all the videos, by events, for the game, in this case the TZ, in this preview only one screen is shown per event, to have a quick view of the videos, in which other previews we can see the three screens for each event, each one corresponding to one of the TZ bumpers. Videos that appear with a question mark have not yet been developed or are in development.

#49 2 years ago

Now working on the Ball Locked video for the Twilight Zone, all the components ready to create the animation, just need to add the lightning bolts, some background elements (stars, planets, rocket) and decide how to animate the text. The 3D door movement has already been tested and is finished.

As soon as this video package is finished, the product will be ready to be put up for sale. We will then continue with other video packs for The Addams Family and DE's Star Wars. As the electronics is the same in the MiniScreen for the Creature, it is very likely that this product will also be ready to offer it to those interested.

Status of Video Development for the TZ
=====================================
1.- Spirals, 6 effects, various colors (DONE)
2.- GUMBALL, 2 effects, multiple colors (DONE)
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
7.- EXTRA BALL, Tina doll (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (DONE)
9.- BALL LOCKED, 3D door (In development)
10.- TOWN SQUARE, three cars (In development)
11.- JACKPOT (In development)
12.- ROCKET
13. ROBOT ROBBY
14.- Small robot
15.- Twilight Zone, default background
BALL_LOCKED_.jpgBALL_LOCKED_.jpg

#50 2 years ago

Very interested, any rough estimate of cost ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,159.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 129.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 14.95
$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-video-bumper-cap-by-pinballsp?hl=shepp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.