vlcsnap-2022-06-11-23h58m43s028.png
ROCKET.jpg
BUMPER_VIDEO_LIST__.jpg
Bumper_video_cohete_003.jpg
vlcsnap-2022-05-13-01h37m28s390.png
vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h26m54s115.png
vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h27m01s651.png
vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h26m38s549.png

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 months ago

Also interested in this mod for TZ (and possibly other games).

#52 4 months ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

Very interested, any rough estimate of cost ?

Thanks friend. I have not yet calculated the price of the product.

Due to the global semiconductor crisis, there are components that vary greatly in price, are scarce or out of stock, the most controversial component in this regard is the screen, so until I have everything ready I cannot make a reliable calculation.

Processors, fortunately I bought in quantity when there was still stock at the beginning of the crisis, if not now it is impossible to get them, zero stock. And the SDRAM memories that I also need, for now it seems that they can still be obtained. For now, the supplier of screens confirms that he can supply them to me, although with a delivery time of 4 weeks.

As soon as we finish the video pack for the TZ, I think I will be able to give a sale price.

#53 4 months ago

Kool !

Quoted from pinballsp:

Thanks friend. I have not yet calculated the price of the product.
Due to the global semiconductor crisis, there are components that vary greatly in price, are scarce or out of stock, the most controversial component in this regard is the screen, so until I have everything ready I cannot make a reliable calculation.
Processors, fortunately I bought in quantity when there was still stock at the beginning of the crisis, if not now it is impossible to get them, zero stock. And the SDRAM memories that I also need, for now it seems that they can still be obtained. For now, the supplier of screens confirms that he can supply them to me, although with a delivery time of 4 weeks.
As soon as we finish the video pack for the TZ, I think I will be able to give a sale price.

#54 4 months ago

Trying out a couple of special effects for the Ball Locked video. A light is added under the doors and some reflections, the rays and the animated background with stars, planets and a rocket remain to be added. The video will start with the text "Ball Locked" flashing three times as the door arrives.

#55 3 months ago

"Ball Locked" video finished. We are still working on the "Town Square" and "Jackpot" videos. Sketches were also created for the "Rocket" video, which will be the 12th video of 15 planned for the TZ.

vlcsnap-2022-04-18-01h35m14s284.png

vlcsnap-2022-04-18-01h36m58s991.png
#56 3 months ago

And one more video added to the video list for the TZ. There are only a few left to finish this package of videos and offer the product in operation on the machine in play.

Status of Video Development for the TZ
======================================
1.- Spirals, 6 effects, various colors (DONE)
2.- GUMBALL, 2 effects, multiple colors (DONE)
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
6.- BATTLE THE POWER, Pyramids (DONE)
7.- EXTRA BALL, Tina doll (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (DONE)
9.- BALL LOCKED, 3D door (DONE)
10.- TOWN SQUARE, three cars (In development)
11.- JACKPOT (In development)
12.- ROCKET (In development)
13. ROBOT ROBBY
14.- Small robot
15.- Twilight Zone, default background

vlcsnap-2022-04-18-01h49m53s651.png
#57 3 months ago

Preparing ideas for the Jackpot video. There is not much that can be done in this video, since the original animation of the DMD is very simple, but we will add some special effects to the text, with reflections, rotations, color changes, also some concentric rings in the background with scrolling effects and color changes between the three Bumper Video screens on the TZ.

We have also almost finished the Town Square video, we have little left to finish this set of videos and offer the product for sale.

Also note that although the product is offered in the first build with the video set for the TZ, anyone can make their own videos for other machines. The configuration of the triggering of the videos can be done by sounds and switches in the configuration file of the new Holomodsp controller board, in this way the user can also decide when a video is triggered, other triggers such as the state of lamps, coils and flashers is more complex and can only be done by program (this was done with some videos in the Hologram of the Creature kit, since it couldn't be done by sounds).

photo_2022-04-19_10-29-17.jpg

#58 3 months ago

Preparing the animation for the Jackpot, this will be easy because in the pinball DMD we only see the text and some concentric circles with scrolling effects. We'll try to add a few more effects to make it less basic, like color changes, reflections, and spins.

The design of the central building for the Town Square video is also finished, this will be seen on screen 2, of the three available for the TZ. On the other two screens there will be other buildings also based on the ones seen on the playfield.

jackpot_001.jpgtown_square_ayuntamiento.jpg

#59 3 months ago

We are pretty far along designing the elements for the Town Square video, and preparing ideas for the Jackpot. We can start with the animations tomorrow and both could be finished this week.

ScreenHunter_015.jpgScreenHunter_016.jpgScreenHunter_014.jpg

1 week later
#60 3 months ago

Bumper video, TZ Jackpot test.

Animation tests for the Jackpot video, color variations will be made for the three screens, and there is not much more we can add for a 7 second video, because the DMD animation does not contribute more either.

Between today and tomorrow we hope to have finished this animation and the Town Square animation with the three cars.

#61 3 months ago

Finished the graphic design for the Town Square video, let's now create the animation.

In this drawing the hubcaps of the wheels do not appear, that is because they will be animated to create the effect of turning movement of the wheels, that rotation will also be animated in the wheels of the central vehicle.

The lights of the three cars, the flashing lights, the turning of the wheels, the lighting of the windows of the houses... will be animated on video.

Town_Square_final_001.jpg

#62 3 months ago

Color tests for the three Jackpot screens.

Jackpot_color_test.jpg
#63 3 months ago

"Jackpot" video finished. We are still working on the "Town Square" video, almost finished as well, and will start with the graphic design for the "Rocket" video.

#64 3 months ago

Rocket drawing vectorized and improved. Ready to create the animation based on the Story Board that we designed a long time ago for this video.

rocket.jpg

#65 3 months ago

A preview of the status of the Town Square video, although there are still details to add and others to correct. I think this video will be finished today, there is less left to finish the product.

Changes and additions to be made:
===============
1.- Change the color of the flashing lights to orange.
2.- Change the color of the headlights to a darker tone
3.- Make that when the three vehicles turn on the headlights, they blink quickly 3 or 4 times.
4.- Add smoke in the car exhaust
5.- Add tire marks on the asphalt when vehicles brake.
6.- See if we add the text TOWN SQUARE at some point in the video. We have to test it because the video is very short and it would hide part of the animation.

#66 3 months ago

Finished video, this is the final version of the Town Square video. Fixed some things and added a lot of details (car exhaust smoke, engine simulating vibration, new headlight effect, flashing lights, sky texture movement, tire tracks on the ground when braking)

We are now going to work on the video of the Rocket, and there will only be 3 other videos left to finish the product.

=======================================
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (DONE)
10.- TOWN SQUARE, three cars (DONE)
11.- JACKPOT (DONE)
12.- ROCKET (In development)
13. ROBOT ROBBY
14.- SMALL ROBOT
15.- TWILIGHT ZONE, DEFAULT BACKGROUND background

vlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h26m38s549.pngvlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h26m54s115.pngvlcsnap-2022-05-12-18h27m01s651.png

#67 3 months ago

Updated the video list for the TZ.
Here is a preview of all the videos created by now for the TZ. To view with the highest quality, set YouTube to 4K resolution.

vlcsnap-2022-05-13-01h37m28s390.png
1 week later
#68 81 days ago

Bumper Video, TZ, video development (Rocket).

Preparing the illustrations to animate the Rocket video. We have already created the story board with the sequences to be animated, which unfold progressively from one screen to the next, as was done with the Extra ball video.

On screen one the rocket appears at the launch pad, it takes off with smoke and fire, the rocket moves to the second screen where you can see the horizon and the lower part of the sky, with planets, stars and an astronaut, then the rocket moves to the third screen against the background of outer space with stars.

Bumper_video_cohete_003.jpg
1 week later
#69 74 days ago

We finished the Rocket video, there are only three more videos left and the product is ready. We are now working on the Robby robot video.

BUMPER_VIDEO_LIST__.jpgROCKET.jpg
1 week later
#70 62 days ago

BUMPER VIDEO, Twilight Zone.
A new finished video, that of Robot Robby, and there will only be two more videos left to finish the product.

vlcsnap-2022-06-11-23h58m43s028.pngvlcsnap-2022-06-11-23h59m50s589.png
#71 61 days ago

Preparing story board with ideas for the Little Robot video. Of the three animations in the game, we are going to work on the Shoot again.

========================================
1.- SPIRALS, 6 effects, multiple colors (DONE)
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (DONE)
11.- JACKPOT (DONE)
12.- ROCKET (DONE)
13.- ROBOT (DONE)
14.- SHOOT AGAIN (In development)
15.- TWILIGHT ZONE, DEFAULT Video

1 week later
#72 52 days ago

These look so good! Can I ask what program you use to do animations?

#73 52 days ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

These look so good! Can I ask what program you use to do animations?

Thanks mate.
To make the videos, After Effects, Cinema 4D and Premiere are used.

#74 49 days ago

Shoot Again video finished. This has been the penultimate on the list, and we only have one more left to finish the product.

Status of Videos Development for the TZ
=====================================
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (DONE)
11.- JACKPOT (DONE)
12.- ROCKET (DONE)
13.- ROBOT (DONE)
14.- SHOOT AGAIN (DONE)
15.- TZ, DEFAULT BACKGROUND (In development)

vlcsnap-2022-06-25-12h50m39s678.pngvlcsnap-2022-06-25-12h51m27s453.pngvlcsnap-2022-06-25-12h51m43s201.pngvlcsnap-2022-06-25-12h53m19s429.png

2 weeks later
#75 33 days ago

Test development of the latest video for the Twilight Zone video set. This is the default background video.

This video consists of two scenes, one in which the Twilight Zone text on the board is animated, and a second scene in which the door that appears on the side of the cabinet head is animated.

As soon as this video is finished, the product will be ready, as well as the Mini Screen for the Creature, which shares the same electronics, and a third product under development with the same interactive video system.

1 week later
#76 25 days ago

Finished the last video of the product, it is the default video that is played as long as there are no events that trigger other videos.

Now it's time to prepare the hardware, mainly the mechanical parts of the design to reliably fix the screens and electronics to the bumper body, as well as to test the new Holomodsp controller board design (with a new processor and some new features).

The design must be strong enough to withstand the blows of the balls, both lateral and those of possible flying balls, everything is planned. I will prepare the assembly on a model and then on the machine in play.

TZ video list development status
======================
3.- CLOCK (DONE)
4.- SLOT MACHINE (DONE)
5.- POWER BALL (DONE)
8.- CAMERA (DONE)
11.- JACKPOT (DONE)
12.- ROCKET (DONE)
13.- ROBOT (DONE)
14.- SHOOT AGAIN (DONE)
15.- TZ, DEFAULT BACKGROUND (DONE)

vlcsnap-2022-07-19-01h48m57s479.pngvlcsnap-2022-07-19-01h50m24s691.pngvlcsnap-2022-07-19-02h05m29s763.png
2 weeks later
#77 6 days ago

As soon as you open the order list put me in, this is just great and I will never seen my tz. Only question I have is the jet bumper lighting is interactive in the tz ( yellow / orange / red switching on linked to the shooter skill ) how are you going to preserve this game feedback?

#78 6 days ago
Quoted from etien:

As soon as you open the order list put me in, this is just great and I will never seen my tz.

Thanks mate, now I'm finishing the details of the hardware, mainly how to attach everything to the bumper body and make it reliable and shock resistant, the latter is what worries me the most to avoid breakage of the screen or the plate, also to prevent the vibrations due to the activation of the coil can end up damaging the welds of the electronic components.

Quoted from etien:

Only question I have is the jet bumper lighting is interactive in the tz ( yellow / orange / red switching on linked to the shooter skill ) how are you going to preserve this game feedback?

On this matter of the bulbs of the 3 bumpers, which have to be removed when putting the Bumper Video board, I already realized that only one of the three bumpers lamp is ON and this changes as you play. I don't know the TZ rules very well yet, but I guess this is telling the player the status of some game feature.

At first I thought of using the Spirals as default videos, and keeping the multicolored spirals video in the bumper that originally has the light bulb on. Then I thought about creating a new video by default, which has been the last one developed with the Doors (based on the lateral drawings of the pinball head), so that the bumper with the lamp ON shows the video of the door with the man and the others two the video of the door without the man.

Another possibility that is occurring to me now is to put some LEDs on the lower side of the electronic board of each bumper that illuminate the playfield around the bumper or inside of the bumper body. In this way you could see which bumper corresponds to the lamp on. Since the final board is not completely finished, I can still add new elements, like these mentioned LEDs, then by program I could make the LEDs blink or change color to attract more attention from the player. I could even put ultraviolet LEDs mixed with RGB LEDs.

#79 6 days ago

Hi, I think the third option ( led ) sound better to me, color should be red, orange, yellow clockwise starting top left if I am not mistaken. Notice that 0 to 3 light can be on / flashing anytime during the game. Keep on the good work

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Marion, NC
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!