(Topic ID: 214128)

Interactive toys/objects

By Sixmillion

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have been calculating the amount of toys that interact with the ball on some pinball machines. We are not considering drop targets or stand up targets. The ball must interact (touch) the toy, not just static toys/objects. I am doing this to help me decide on which game I want to buy. To be honest I am not sure if I like "flow" or "stop & go" but I do like toys/objects interacting with the game play and not just static. mainly sticking to the "pro" tables.

Star Wars pro - 1️⃣ tie fighter. Death Star is just static, mini LCD is stand up targets static
Spiderman pro- 2️⃣ doc ock, sandman (I think). venom and green goblin are just static
Ironman pro - 2️⃣ iron monger, whiplash. war machine is static
Game of thrones pro - 3️⃣ - dragon, battering ram, sword. Iron throne is static.
Ac/dc pro - 1️⃣ - Cannon. Bell is static on the pro.
Ghostbusters pro - 1️⃣ - Slimer. This machine is tricky because do you consider the triple & single newton ball and the storage facility hole interactive toys, if so then ghostbusters has 4️⃣

Please let me know if you agree or disagree on the above, maybe I am missing something?
I am going to buy a machine this year just trying to narrow down my choices because I like them all. Your opinions and advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

#2 6 years ago

War machine has a kickback. I would call that interactive. So iron man has three. But then do you consider iron monger to have 2 interactive aspects? The iron monger bash toy then the magnet that whips the ball around? Then iron man would have 4. You're right, this is very tricky.

#3 6 years ago

TWD premium/LE is packed IMO. Has the well walker bash toy, the shed with the doors that open bash toy, two magnets, bicycle girl bash toy with lifting ramp, crossbow cannon and interactive fish tank that lights up individually in the mode. For me that's 7 interactive toys in TWD premium/LE. TWD pro is pretty stripped down though. Not as much toys on it. If you're sticking to pros only.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

War machine has a kickback. I would call that interactive. So iron man has three. But then do you consider iron monger to have 2 interactive aspects? The iron monger bash toy then the magnet that whips the ball around? Then iron man would have 4. You're right, this is very tricky.

Cool, I did not know war machine was a kickback, so yes ironman has 3. Do you consider ironman a "stop and go" or more of a "flow" pin?

#5 6 years ago

iron man is one of the fastest games, def not stop and go!

also, the 2nd version of the ac/dc pro the bell swings

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Sixmillion:

Cool, I did not know war machine was a kickback, so yes ironman has 3. Do you consider ironman a "stop and go" or more of a "flow" pin?

Lord of the Rings is a stop and go pin. Iron Man has amazing flow. Some of the best I've experienced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-toysobjects and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.