20180123_124121 (resized).jpg
20180123_124045 (resized).jpg
20180123_095429 (resized).jpg
20180123_095625 (resized).jpg
20180123_094656 (resized).jpg
RZAce (resized).jpg
20180121_104618 (resized).jpg
20180121_191150 (resized).jpg
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01413-interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

Video:

[[No permanent modification]]

This mod replaces the factory Living Dead Girl panel with an enclosed Mausoleum for an infinity mirror lightshow that pops.

It installs with the factory bolts and supplied clips (they hold tight and install with no hassle). The lighting is triggered off of the factory lights via a photoresistor and transistor in the circuit, installed with two of the factory screws over the original light board (this is a custom 3d print that fits perfectly flush over the board). Wiring is attached to the 12V at the bottom of the cab and easily fed up alongside the factory wiring for the LDG (wiring is separated with a quick release plug). The excess wiring and lightboard assembly hide up in a reservoir in the Mod out of view.

Extra clips and an extra lightboard backing will be included just in case, but I haven't had any failures in testing.

RZ111 (resized).jpgRZ111 (resized).jpg
20171210_111402 (resized).jpg20171210_111402 (resized).jpg
20171207_181606 (resized).jpg20171207_181606 (resized).jpg
20171210_111414 (resized).jpg20171210_111414 (resized).jpg
20171206_170010 (resized).jpg20171206_170010 (resized).jpg

20171211_173401 (resized).jpg20171211_173401 (resized).jpg
20171208_125125 (resized).jpg20171208_125125 (resized).jpg
20171206_174308 (resized).jpg20171206_174308 (resized).jpg

Clips (resized).jpgClips (resized).jpg

20171208_174421 (resized).jpg20171208_174421 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

How about adding a uv color option?

#3 6 years ago

Any chance you can design a plastic ball stop to attach to right side of apron mod to prevent balls from hopping backwards in the shooter lane and ending up in the cabinet? Original apron on RZ is kind of flimsy but the apron mod is a solid plastic piece and something could be screwed on. Every game I have seen before RZ uses a metal backstop, but then there is RZ with a small crappy backstop that doesn't work right. Alien uses a hard plastic piece for the backstop and that would be sufficient.

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about adding a uv color option?

I can look into testing this route after the holiday if the interest is there (it's possible to do). Could be neat, though I doubt it would be as pronounced as the recommended options.

#5 6 years ago

Any chance you can design a plastic ball stop to attach to right side of apron mod to prevent balls from hopping backwards in the shooter lane and ending up in the cabinet? Original apron on RZ is kind of flimsy but the apron mod is a solid plastic piece and something could be screwed on. Every game I have seen before RZ uses a metal backstop, but then there is RZ with a small crappy backstop that doesn't work right. Alien uses a hard plastic piece for the backstop and that would be sufficient.

As I got one of the first few Apron mods, it seems my version is still flimsy. A 3d printed part may not be the answer either. I can always take a look when I have a chance to see if there is a simple solution if someone doesn't come up with something beforehand.

Otherwise, this has only come up for me once, but who knows if it will arise again just before finally (if ever) getting near Hellbound :p

EDIT: I updated the original post with a photo of the mentioned clips that hold the factory bolts in place (They pop over the bolt snug and lock it in place).

EDIT #2: I took a look at the machine with the ball stop in mind and believe I see a way it could be done and mounted securely (with no permanent modification), so I may very well get to it after the holiday, but for now my resources are needed 100% toward getting current orders out this week.

#6 6 years ago

Want but my game is for sale.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Want but my game is for sale.

you should buy one anyways. Just to try it out. I'll bet it looks fantastic in person. What a way to freshen up a game. Plus with the newest code, RZ is going to the moon.

#8 6 years ago

you should buy one anyways. Just to try it out. I'll bet it looks fantastic in person. What a way to freshen up a game. Plus with the newest code, RZ is going to the moon.

Unfortunately, mods gon't generally pay for themselves when you sell. You are better off selling a game stripped to the basics and selling mods separately. I may well end up keeping it, if I do, this will be on my short list.

#9 6 years ago

Stone painting marathon these past couple days All 5 orders taken before the cut-off are planned to ship out by 2pm Saturday (I believe the Pinside shop will open up for orders again on the 22nd and start shipping a few days after the holiday [I'll be getting more parts together ahead of that time]). I added some "blood" mess on the more hidden Captain Spaulding side to these as well as darker green "algae" than the protoype version. .

These will soon get the frosted LED arches, mirrors, circuit wiring, etc.

Paint (resized).jpgPaint (resized).jpg

#10 6 years ago

Where do the other parts go? Same game?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Where do the other parts go? Same game?

Those are parts of Dracula orders (they cover the exposed switches in the game). Just thought it looked cool seeing the tombstones/skulls with the mausoleums once I finally had everything painted and cleared

Took a shot before paint as there was so much to do at once...paint makes a huge difference

20171213_105236 (resized).jpg20171213_105236 (resized).jpg

#12 6 years ago

I have been considering a 3d printer, please educate me. Which one do you use?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have been considering a 3d printer, please educate me. Which one do you use?

I had given some answer to that here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-on-3d-printingfabrication#post-4103437

My main printer right now is a modified CR-10 (after a new print bed set-up it's awesome), but I have a monoprice Select V2 as well (could be a fire hazard without internal modification). Recently I've had them both running nearly 24/7. 3D prints can take a long time (and often fail without proper settings, bed leveling, etc.). Just the main section for the RZ mod is about 18 hours, +2-3 hours each on the roof and archway, +clips, lightboard box, etc.

This week has led me to question the purchase of a 3rd printer to keep up, and I'd be happy getting another CR-10 if that were the case (modified with a mirror bed and lightly scuffed PEI plastic--parts stick dead flat after that). Some of my mods have also been too large to fit on my smaller printer (namely the LED Drac mod--haven't attempted the RZ frame on the smaller printer).

For creating designs, I use some mix of Blender, Meshmixer, and Tinkercad. Cura for slicing (15.04.6).

#14 6 years ago

I'm in on the mod, but I can wait so just PM me when you're ready to take payment for more. Looks great and have a great holiday!

#15 6 years ago

As I pull an all nighter to get these out on time, it seems I'm finding ways to keep myself entertained . As I was taking a progress shot, I realized what shirt I happened to be wearing today and proceeded to align them just so Photoresistor boxes, wiring, etc. to go.

Spooky (resized).jpgSpooky (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago

Looks pretty nice. What is the price on these?

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Click on Medisinyl 's "Medisinyls Mods" link near his avatar and it will take you to his shop for prices/ordering. They are $199.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I appreciate the interest, and thanks to hAbO/Mike for getting an answer to you sooner . I'm currently away, but Pinside orders re-open tomorrow and the next run will ship the first week of January (most likely earlier in the week). That run is nearly full now (1-2 slots left), but I'd expect to get the 3rd run out within a week or so after the 2nd ships. As the print on these alone is ~24 hours, it takes some days to even get a run to the paint stage (I may get a 3rd printer on my return to help speed that stage up depending on orders--I only have 1 currently that can handle large parts).

#19 6 years ago

How long does something like that take to print? It looks meaty from a plastic print point of view. It came out right as I was selling my RZ Definitely fills that space up nicely! (That's what she said)

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

How long does something like that take to print? It looks meaty from a plastic print point of view. It came out right as I was selling my RZ Definitely fills that space up nicely! (That's what she said)

About 24 hours for all of the parts for one (main frame, roof, frosted/clear archway, lightboard cover, clips, and lightboard backing...then of course the mirror cutting, wiring, etc. on top). The main body alone consumes a 4th of a large spool, so yeah, it's "meaty"

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It came out right as I was selling my RZ

You did sell your RZ? So the world won’t be getting a badass Habo sound mix?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Pinball browser has been updated to work with RZ. I imagine someone will do it eventually. A lot of the callouts in the machine are pretty great as is, but plenty could be swapped with something more interesting. Perhaps hAbO can send his ripped audio to one of us if he doesn't do his own.

#23 6 years ago

1 spot left on the next run of 5 (shipping the first week of Jan.). I may very well be asleep while it sells, but will be starting run 3 soon after in case the cut is missed.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01413-interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl-

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Pinball browser has been updated to work with RZ. I imagine someone will do it eventually. A lot of the callouts in the machine are pretty great as is, but plenty could be swapped with something more interesting. Perhaps hAbO can send his ripped audio to one of us if he doesn't do his own.

Sorry hijack the thread A trade deal came my way for a TOM which in 17 years of collecting and working in a shop part time, never had the chance to own.

Pinbrowser makes it a little easier to replace the sounds but you still have to do some things beforehand - mp3 to wav, sampling rate and compression. The audio volume can be adjusted in Pinbrowser by clicking on the sound to bring up the properties box. You can open the RZ code without unzipping by the way. Just browse to your download My advice is to do a a few sounds at a time in case one didn't turn out right, you don't go crazy trying to figure out which one is messed up. Oliver's list in Pinbrowser was corrected from the one I gave in the thread. I can zip up my movie clips and upload them somewhere. There were a few I thought would be cool to have.

#25 6 years ago

TOM is a great game. I too would love to own it one day

#26 6 years ago

Just a note that Run 2 did sell out and current orders will be pre-orders for batch #3. Thanks again to everyone that has ordered so far. It's rewarding for me to contribute to the hobby in this way and see my mods show up in machines around the world

#27 6 years ago

Finally back home. I have parts for 4 of these so far (brought my machines over the holiday) and will get to the paint stage in a couple days once the rest is ready, then mirrors, lightning, circuits, wiring, lightboard box, etc. Aiming for a January 2nd ship date on this run #2. I've already made a re-purchase on the infinity mirror materials and such, so run #3 will be ready to go soon after once more printed parts are built (still 2-3 spots available for run #3 if there's interest). Would aim to ship run #3 by Jan. 10 if not sooner. Couple other requested mods for RZ should be in the works this coming month as time allows (neither being nearly as involved as this one )

#28 6 years ago

Cool mod!!!!

#29 6 years ago

This mod made me keep my RZ. Pulled my FS ad, got in on run #2. Very cool looking mod, can't wait to see it in the game.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

This mod made me keep my RZ. Pulled my FS ad, got in on run #2. Very cool looking mod, can't wait to see it in the game.

Awesome I hope it breathes some new life into the game once it arrives

Adding the current instructions here as a Pinsider asked about them While there are a few steps, it's really not a hard install, and can be done quickly.

RZ Mod Inst (resized).pngRZ Mod Inst (resized).png

RZ mOd picture instruction (resized).pngRZ mOd picture instruction (resized).png

#31 6 years ago

1 spot left for run #3 (shipping around Jan. 10)

EDIT: run 3 is sold out.

#32 6 years ago

I got tired of staring at it... just ordered!

#33 6 years ago

This mod is SUPER cool, but I do wish it had been designed at a slightly different angle. The infinity effect and the lighting (I went with the recommended pink) are awesome, but from the player perspective, you don't really get the effect. If the window had been angled slightly more to the front-center (and ideally up a hair) then the player would be able to see the infinity while playing. As it stands, I just see one side of the lighting and none of the reflections unless I lean down and to the right so my face is straight ahead of the window.

I'm going to play around with trying to angle it for better viewing, but it is BIG and there is not much room to maneuver. I would still recommend this mod to any RZ owners, I just wish I caught the full effect from the player's angle.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I got tired of staring at it... just ordered!

Thank you! With that, run 3 is sold out. Any new orders will be pre-orders for run #4 (tentatively shipping by Jan.18).

Quoted from Cheeks:

This mod is SUPER cool, but I do wish it had been designed at a slightly different angle. The infinity effect and the lighting (I went with the recommended pink) are awesome, but from the player perspective, you don't really get the effect. If the window had been angled slightly more to the front-center (and ideally up a hair) then the player would be able to see the infinity while playing. As it stands, I just see one side of the lighting and none of the reflections unless I lean down and to the right so my face is straight ahead of the window.
I'm going to play around with trying to angle it for better viewing, but it is BIG and there is not much room to maneuver. I would still recommend this mod to any RZ owners, I just wish I caught the full effect from the player's angle.

I agree it would be very cool if you could get 100% of the effect from the height of the average adult, but there are multiple reflections of it visible from the player angle (at 5'9" for me at least), so it does still make quite a difference being infinite mirror rather than if I designed it as just a smoked panel and no mirror. Though I also couldn't really imagine the odd geometry of angling the mirrors high enough to get the full effect from adult height--something would seem off there too perhaps, so amongst the restrictions I was working with, I was pretty happy once I got it to where it is, but again, I totally agree with what you're seeing. My main goal was to create a cool looking housing to obscure the LDG from all angles, then bring her to life properly when active. The infinity mirror was really just icing on the cake and not in mind when the idea was first conceived.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Thank you! With that, run 3 is sold out. Any new orders will be pre-orders for run #4 (tentatively shipping by Jan.18).

I agree it would be very cool if you could get 100% of the effect from the height of the average adult, but there are multiple reflections of it visible from the player angle (at 5'9" for me at least), so it does still make quite a difference being infinite mirror rather than if I designed it as just a smoked panel and no mirror. Though I also couldn't really imagine the odd geometry of angling the mirrors high enough to get the full effect from adult height--something would seem off there too perhaps, so amongst the restrictions I was working with, I was pretty happy once I got it to where it is, but again, I totally agree with what you're seeing. My main goal was to create a cool looking housing to obscure the LDG from all angles, then bring her to life properly when active. The infinity mirror was really just icing on the cake and not in mind when the idea was first conceived.

Yeah, height is less the issue than left/right angle. I'm hoping if I loosen the bolt clips that I can angle it to the front-center and that will let me see the infinity effect, which will be more than good enough.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, height is less the issue than left/right angle. I'm hoping if I loosen the bolt clips that I can angle it to the front-center and that will let me see the infinity effect, which will be more than good enough.

While I expect there should be some play in there when the playfield is down, I would just double check when raising/lowering that the roof clears the bump that the cut-out portion is there for (if the angle is changed...it's certainly a tight design around the factory bits as is). There's a very small fraction of added horizontal width on the bolt holes that could perhaps allow for a slight angle change without hurting anything (perhaps even placing one of the extra clips in front of the bracket on one of them? [again, double checking that nothing binds at the roof when lowering the playfield])

#37 6 years ago

For those in Run #2, yours is somewhere here Shipping these out today (everyone that ordered from this run will be updated with tracking by later tonight). Thanks again to all that have ordered thus far [2-3 pre-order spots left for Run #4--to ship by the 18th - EDIT: Now 1 or 2 spots left]

Run2 (resized).jpgRun2 (resized).jpg

#38 6 years ago

Just placed my order, looks great and was planning to order earlier but holidays got in the way. Thanks for all the work on it!

#39 6 years ago

Now only 1 spot left for Run #4 (shipping by Jan. 18). Pre-orders for run #5 will open once that spot is sold (to ship by Jan. 26.).

Quoted from SilverballNut:

Just placed my order, looks great and was planning to order earlier but holidays got in the way. Thanks for all the work on it!

Thank you! I can't wait to see more of these in other machines

#40 6 years ago

Run #2 has officially shipped out and everyone in that group should have received tracking numbers either via PM or through the order page. Run #3 will ship by Jan. 10. Still the one spot available for run #4. Thanks yet again to everyone that has purchased this mod or left some positive feedback

If anyone ever takes a RZ to a show with this mod, I'd love to know what response it gets

#41 6 years ago

Run #4 is now SOLD OUT (to ship on Jan. 18). New orders will be pre-orders for Run #5 (to ship Jan. 26).

#42 6 years ago

Will be ordering this weekend for run 5!

#43 6 years ago

Recieved,wow wow wow,one of the best mods ever imho.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Recieved,wow wow wow,one of the best mods ever imho.

Awesome! Thank you. I was just wondering if some of run 2 would be received/installed today, and I was hoping this would be the reaction that buyers experience

#45 6 years ago

just put in my order but i want that RZ figurine you have on your middle ramp as well. What is that>? And how did you mount it?

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

just put in my order but i want that RZ figurine you have on your middle ramp as well. What is that>? And how did you mount it?

They can be found on eBay (McFarlane? I'm not at a computer, so it's harder to look things up at the moment [I'll find a link when I'm home]). I modded the toy to have the head angled higher, and also modded the chest to have a beating heart LED.

To mount it, I pulled the plastic underneath him, drilled holes through the feet, and used pop rivets from underneath (you can see the rivets through his shoes--I was going to paint them black, but ending up digging the way the rivets looked).

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

This link will show what's on eBay for this figure (some of the lower priced ones are missing parts) : ebay.com link: sch

EDIT: It seems to be killing the address with the search by replacing it will a generic link (fixing the gap in "eb ay" should work here)- https://www.eb ay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=rob+zombie+mcfarlane&_sop=15

It is the McFarlane toy though.

#48 6 years ago

Getting multiple reports now of issues with the photoresistor burning out on run #2 (lights stay on solid and don't interact). I've got more components coming in on the 10th to beef up the circuit and will get a fix sorted ASAP before shipping run #3. I believe I already know the fix, and I may still be able to get the run out by the night of the 10th, but I need to be sure I avoid any further issues, so run #3 may need to ship out on the 11th (no change to Run #4).

I have yet to hear of this issue with run #1 (nor have I had any issue with mine), but should one arise, a fix will either be sent, or returns for repairs are always an option.

Sorry if there is any delay.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Getting multiple reports now of issues with the photoresistor burning out on run #2 (lights stay on solid and don't interact). I've got more components coming in on the 10th to beef up the circuit and will get a fix sorted ASAP before shipping run #3. I believe I already know the fix, and I may still be able to get the run out by the night of the 10th, but I need to be sure I avoid any further issues, so run #3 may need to ship out on the 11th (no change to Run #4).
I have yet to hear of this issue with run #1 (nor have I had any issue with mine), but should one arise, a fix will either be sent, or returns for repairs are always an option.
Sorry if there is any delay.

My run =2 is still in the box. Should I send it back for replacement?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

My run =2 is still in the box. Should I send it back for replacement?

Either it can be sent back if desired (for repair), or I can mail the new version of lightbox circuit with no-solder crimp connectors (would just need to snip/strip the current wires and use a crimp tool to affix).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

Wanted
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

5,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-rob-zombie-mausoleum-mod-living-dead-girl- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.