20200209_014147 (resized).jpg
InShot_20200127_190310003 (resized).jpg
20181215_175126 (resized).jpg
20181215_175104 (resized).jpg
20181213_173811 (resized).jpg
20181213_225010 (resized).jpg
63231 (resized).jpg
20181213_152711 (resized).jpg
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 4 years ago

If any space exists put me on the list as well. I love v1 so v2 will make me happier

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from shepP:

If any space exists put me on the list as well. I love v1 so v2 will make me happier

Quoted from Sammy31:

Please add me to the list if I'm not too late.
Thanks

Will bump the cap up to 18 to work you guys in and have a couple extra spots (final cap here). Seems this mod doesn't want to die

Always feels like a shame to discontinue mods (particularly this one that got me off the ground), but I'll be glad to put it behind me to help focus on more current and future mods. While I mostly went silent on this mod over the last year, I'm still impressed and humbled by the interest it can gather after all this time. Thanks again to everyone jumping in here--means a lot to see the appreciation for it.

1 week later
#103 4 years ago

I really can't wait! My machine needs an upgrade.

InShot_20200127_190310003 (resized).jpgInShot_20200127_190310003 (resized).jpg
#104 4 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

I really can't wait! My machine needs an upgrade.[quoted image]

Won't be too long, but likely be a bit later on shipping than my previous quote as the Elvira orders increased to 60 and all three of my older printers have been having issues (have had to use all working printers on Elvira or other existing orders).

Have a 3rd new machine coming since the Elvira runs started, and am planning to run the tower parts on that one 100% until these gets done. Should have 18 sets of parts ready in 5 days after printing starts if all goes well--then I'll need to prep, paint, assemble, and wire them up.

Will plan to start taking payments on Monday (2/3), and will have a better shipping estimate at that time.

EDIT: Now Amazon is showing a Friday delivery for the new printer (seems to be due to the Super Bowl according to UPS).

#105 4 years ago

I have the new printer dedicated toward running these parts until I satisfy the run. Should have parts for 6 towers by tomorrow night, and up to 18 by Friday (each tower takes ~7 hours to print). Going great on this new machine so far. I'll make progress on them soon after the parts are ready.

#106 4 years ago

Appreciate the update! Looking forward to adding one to my machine.

#107 4 years ago

I sent out a PM to everyone on the list below (correct me if anyone didn't get a message). I'll be up to 15 sets of parts for these by tomorrow night. If it seems I won't retain the interest from this list, I'll likely cut the run to 15 (Lmtma59 has been MIA since his post, so it may be one down already). 18 will be the absolute max cap and what I'm prepared to make, so if anyone wants to chime in for the last couple spots, please let me know by tomorrow.

Once these are complete, I'll change the thread title to acknowledge these are permanently discontinued (will post if any excess towers are left on hand at that time).

1) Lmtma59
2) Pinballer73
3) BobLangelius
4) Brettv
5) cynric
6) xeneize (warm white)
7) watty
8 ) ReadyPO
9) manples
10) quickstop
11) Bladefury
12) ChiTownPinHead
13) mamawaldee
14) Cakalues
15) Sammy31
16) shepP

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT: Not sure I'll hear from Lmtma59, but will make the exception of making 1 more if he chimes in soon (no longer accepting interest, and I've changed the thread title to discontinued). Everyone else has either paid or is part of a larger order, and I haven't heard interest from anyone else, so I'm just going to make the 15 I made parts for before the power went out last night during the storm.

Will paint these over the weekend and finish/ship them through the week as I have time.

Thanks again to everyone that got in to make this final run happen.

#108 4 years ago

Painting is complete.

Photos show this final run progress thus far. From a hairy mess to spraying the base black, then final paint.

Fence on these is stronger than ever with this new model printer, and I also used different filament on this final run. Never heard of an issue with these, but stronger can't hurt

Will start shipping some of these today and toward the weekend as time permits for the window/lightbox assembly and electronic work (still juggling these with a lot of other orders).

20200209_014147 (resized).jpg20200209_014147 (resized).jpg20200212_065700 (resized).jpg20200212_065700 (resized).jpg20200212_065727 (resized).jpg20200212_065727 (resized).jpg
#109 4 years ago

Should have another chunk of these shipped out on Thursday, and the rest by Saturday that aren't part of a larger order. Thanks again for the patience as I trickle these out amongst the other mod work.

#110 4 years ago

Look what arrived in the mail last night! Getting installed tonight! Thanks Medisinyl!

20200219_065319 (resized).jpg20200219_065319 (resized).jpg
#111 4 years ago

All of these (aside from xeneize, mamawaldee, and Lmtma59) are boxed up and shipping today. Tracking will be sent to everyone later today.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Look what arrived in the mail last night! Getting installed tonight! Thanks Medisinyl![quoted image]

Hope the install went well

#112 4 years ago

Yep, no worries, thanks again!

Sniper Tower (resized).jpgSniper Tower (resized).jpg
#113 4 years ago

Tracking numbers have been sent.

Note: Being such an early mod of mine, the instructions are excessively wordy, and getting the direction right only applied to V1.

Really just need to route the matrix bulb beneath the Sniper plastic area and use it to replace the old Sniper insert bulb. Should only take a matter of minutes to install.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

Yep, no worries, thanks again![quoted image]

#114 4 years ago

how much were these?

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

how much were these?

They were slightly higher in the Pinside shop for V2, but were $96 shipped in the US when I called the final run.

As noted, they're permanently discontinued and no more will be made once I ship the rest from the final run list.

#116 4 years ago

shit sad I missed this. Not sure how. Keep me in mind if you get bored and want to make one.
Or is the file available? I may have access to a printer.
Thanks either way. Nice work

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

They were slightly higher in the Pinside shop for V2, but were $96 shipped in the US when I called the final run.
As noted, they're permanently discontinued and no more will be made once I ship the rest from the final run list.

ok, if u get a wild hair let me know, id be interested.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

shit sad I missed this. Not sure how. Keep me in mind if you get bored and want to make one.
Or is the file available? I may have access to a printer.
Thanks either way. Nice work

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

ok, if u get a wild hair let me know, id be interested.

I appreciate the interest, but I must stick by my word on permanently discontinuing these, and the file won't be released.

#119 4 years ago

Impressive craftsmanship and painting. Totally worth it! Thanks again

IMG_20200225_150221__01 (resized).jpgIMG_20200225_150221__01 (resized).jpg
#120 4 years ago

I LOVE mine. Thank you!

My Dredd looks sooo bad ass with this and the other mods. Probably time for a color DMD!

#121 4 years ago

Thanks so much!

C6F3A03C-8A4B-43E2-AF55-9E6BAACBFED6 (resized).jpegC6F3A03C-8A4B-43E2-AF55-9E6BAACBFED6 (resized).jpeg
#122 4 years ago

Love it!

InShot_20200228_142316047 (resized).jpgInShot_20200228_142316047 (resized).jpg
#123 4 years ago

this is torture...sigh

#124 4 years ago

nobody likes a quitter!

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Hawk007:

this is torture...sigh

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

nobody likes a quitter!

Quoted from Medisinyl:

I sent out a PM to everyone on the list below (correct me if anyone didn't get a message). I'll be up to 15 sets of parts for these by tomorrow night. If it seems I won't retain the interest from this list, I'll likely cut the run to 15 (Lmtma59 has been MIA since his post, so it may be one down already). 18 will be the absolute max cap and what I'm prepared to make, so if anyone wants to chime in for the last couple spots, please let me know by tomorrow.
Once these are complete, I'll change the thread title to acknowledge these are permanently discontinued (will post if any excess towers are left on hand at that time).
1) Lmtma59
2) Pinballer73
3) BobLangelius
4) Brettv
5) cynric
6) xeneize (warm white)
7) watty
8 ) ReadyPO
9) manples
10) quickstop
11) Bladefury
12) ChiTownPinHead
13) mamawaldee
14) Cakalues
15) Sammy31
16) shepP

Added 27 days ago: EDIT: Not sure I'll hear from Lmtma59, but will make the exception of making 1 more if he chimes in soon (no longer accepting interest, and I've changed the thread title to discontinued). Everyone else has either paid or is part of a larger order, and I haven't heard interest from anyone else, so I'm just going to make the 15 I made parts for before the power went out last night during the storm.
Will paint these over the weekend and finish/ship them through the week as I have time.
Thanks again to everyone that got in to make this final run happen.

Lmtma59 Did in fact come back late and make a payment, so it seems I'll have to make another to honor it.

Going to make a small exception here as it's not practical for me to just make one, and I have parts for exactly 2 more.

PMs will be sent to Hawk007 and ccbiggsoo7.

No other orders being accepted here, but I wanted to make it public for full disclosure that I'll be making a couple last towers, and that will be it going forward. I certainly don't want to create a precedent on going back on a last run call, and I hope anyone that got in on time understands the small bump in this case. Thanks again to everyone.

#126 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Lmtma59 Did in fact come back late and make a payment, so it seems I'll have to make another to honor it.
Going to make a small exception here as it's not practical for me to just make one, and I have parts for exactly 2 more.
PMs will be sent to Hawk007 and ccbiggsoo7.
No other orders being accepted here, but I wanted to make it public for full disclosure that I'll be making a couple last towers, and that will be it going forward. I certainly don't want to create a precedent on going back on a last run call, and I hope anyone that got in on time understands the small bump in this case. Thanks again to everyone.

This is why Greg is one of the top mod makers around. Not just in skill, but just an all around great person as well. Very nice of you. Love to see people get a last chance to get your work since it is just that good!

#127 4 years ago

I'd definitely buy one of these.

Oh.

Or is that 'd'oh'? I don't understand why this has to be so limited in production run. Give a pinball brother a break..

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'd definitely buy one of these.
Oh.
Or is that 'd'oh'? I don't understand why this has to be so limited in production run. Give a pinball brother a break..

I won't have enough RGB bulbs to make another, and when I ordered, there were no more left at Comet, but if a different window color or warm white would suit you, then I will PM you.

Otherwise, I've been making this mod for 2.5 years, and as orders thinned out, it was no longer worth making and stocking parts for (I haven't had a day without a backlog of other orders since September, so making a run on the side for these also wasn't efficient) . Worth making as a run, but individually these are more of a hindrance to other mod work and developing new offerings going forward.

I truly appreciate the response these have gotten. Crazy to me that they can still have so much interest after all this time.

#129 4 years ago

Well, it shouldn't be too surprising as your work is excellent. But aside from that, just look at the lack of available mods for JD and you see that your mod really fills a needed spot. A few mods pop up from time to time, but nothing makes a difference in a JD machine like your mod, and now the Nuke Tower mod by ragefactory

I suppose the updated metal crane could be added to that list, but it's not is the same league as yours and Rage's. I heard about someone making a new crane , so maybe that will appear someday...

Proud to have your work in my JD, and I have all of your mods (so far) in my ACNC. Your work on the HOH mods makes me wish I had that machine, or some way to implement some of them into my Scared Stiff, but oh well, they don't really work there.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I truly appreciate the response these have gotten. Crazy to me that they can still have so much interest after all this time.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Well, it shouldn't be too surprising as your work is excellent. But aside from that, just look at the lack of available mods for JD and you see that your mod really fills a needed spot. A few mods pop up from time to time, but nothing makes a difference in a JD machine like your mod, and now the Nuke Tower mod by ragefactory

I concur. Quite frankly, the sniper tower VUK seems naked without your mod, doesn't really feel like a sniper tower. Its a mod that feels like it should have been part of the original design.

I also agree with the Nuke Tower mod by ragefactory, just got mine in the mail this week and looking forward to installing it. If Dredd were a new pin today, it would have come with both of these standard I think.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

This is why Greg is one of the top mod makers around. Not just in skill, but just an all around great person as well. Very nice of you. Love to see people get a last chance to get your work since it is just that good!

I appreciate the sentiment, and can only hope I live up to such glowing feedback. Thank you!

It always feels like a shame to discontinue mods, but it does help me to streamline my work, particularly as it seems I've had ever increasing demand since last summer.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I suppose the updated metal crane could be added to that list, but it's not is the same league as yours and Rage's. I heard about someone making a new crane , so maybe that will appear someday...
Proud to have your work in my JD, and I have all of your mods (so far) in my ACNC. Your work on the HOH mods makes me wish I had that machine, or some way to implement some of them into my Scared Stiff, but oh well, they don't really work there.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

I concur. Quite frankly, the sniper tower VUK seems naked without your mod, doesn't really feel like a sniper tower. Its a mod that feels like it should have been part of the original design.
I also agree with the Nuke Tower mod by ragefactory, just got mind in the mail this week and looking forward to installing it. If Dredd was a new pin today, it would have come with both of these standard I think.

Indeed, those new towers are awesome. Absolutely would have grabbed them if I still had the game.

4 weeks later
#133 4 years ago

Just an update for those that don't have their tower yet. They're all nearly complete (need to be wired up). I've just had to juggle the work in bit by bit as I have time between other mods (still a long backlog of mod orders that were placed before these, hence the reluctance to make more of them).

I appreciate everyone's patience. They'll ship within a week.

#134 4 years ago

Can I ask why you won't make the build file public so someone else who has the time might be able to carry the torch, so to speak?

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Can I ask why you won't make the build file public so someone else who has the time might be able to carry the torch, so to speak?

While the build of these is beyond the 3d printed parts, there are a handful of reasons:

1) I want those that got in while it was being offered to have something special that will hold its value, or increase in value (as a lifelong collector, I know it's a pain to see something get reproduced after the run is complete). It keeps my customers confident in their purchase.
2) I don't want to set a precedent where discontinued mods become freely available, nor could become a source of profit off of my work.
3) It's a good business decision to phase some mods out when they can no longer be made efficiently in runs, both to streamline my newer work, and to promote earlier sales of existing and future mods (feedback has shown [since discontinuing mods] that customers don't want to miss out, and that keeps the product life healthier for a longer period).
4) I'd like to think I'm building a brand and reputation for a certain level of quality for my mods. I do at times offer DIY versions of mods at a cost (and the RZ ball stop file is given freely), but I want to have some control over what the community views my work to be.

4 months later
#136 3 years ago

Hey All

I have recently become the proud owner of a Judge Dredd and I am very keen to get my hands on this Shooters Tower mod if someone held onto it after selling their own Dredd or maybe acquired one in a Pinball sale and or has a spare one up for grabs etc...

If you know of one that is available

then please let me know

Thanks

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While the build of these is beyond the 3d printed parts, there are a handful of reasons:
1) I want those that got in while it was being offered to have something special that will hold its value, or increase in value (as a lifelong collector, I know it's a pain to see something get reproduced after the run is complete). It keeps my customers confident in their purchase.
2) I don't want to set a precedent where discontinued mods become freely available, nor could become a source of profit off of my work.
3) It's a good business decision to phase some mods out when they can no longer be made efficiently in runs, both to streamline my newer work, and to promote earlier sales of existing and future mods (feedback has shown [since discontinuing mods] that customers don't want to miss out, and that keeps the product life healthier for a longer period).
4) I'd like to think I'm building a brand and reputation for a certain level of quality for my mods. I do at times offer DIY versions of mods at a cost (and the RZ ball stop file is given freely), but I want to have some control over what the community views my work to be.

All valid points!

One thing to consider, machines change hands of owners all the time, and anytime someone get a machine, we start asking ourselves, what can we do to improve/customize/make it better? So unless you already own a machine while your running these mods, no one else will really have a shot at buying them once you acquire your machine. Sad to see this mod discontinued, but i also understand you can't keep running this all the time.

Maybe we can hope for some vault editions, where they are slightly changes from the originals one day . If the vault edition ever comes around, sign me up too!

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

All valid points!
One thing to consider, machines change hands of owners all the time, and anytime someone get a machine, we start asking ourselves, what can we do to improve/customize/make it better? So unless you already own a machine while your running these mods, no one else will really have a shot at buying them once you acquire your machine. Sad to see this mod discontinued, but i also understand you can't keep running this all the time.
Maybe we can hope for some vault editions, where they are slightly changes from the originals one day . If the vault edition ever comes around, sign me up too!

One of the main issues I've had to juggle since the huge demand for Elvira mods (and simultaneous bump for everything I've ever made..and now TMNT), is that I'm often 2-3 months behind on paid orders, so stopping full run progress to print and produce the once every couple weeks sort of order ends up being too inefficient (in addition to having to stock unique parts), and of course the anxiety of getting current orders out ASAP guides my priorities.

The JD Sniper Tower won't make a return, but it's awesome to see the demand it still has after nearly three years. I'm also glad to know that anyone that supported this mod has a product that they could sell for a premium and recoup 100% or more of their cost (demand has clearly outweighed supply since being discontinued). Seeing my work maintain real value for my customers is a rewarding win/win success IMO (we often hear that you never get your money back on mods, but I don't want my work to be seen that way, and fortunately several of my mods have proven against it [particularly the discontinued IJ mods, RZ Spine, and Sniper Tower]).

-‐---

I do have some temporarily discontinued mods (mostly BSD) that will eventually make a return for one final run call. Final GB clouds may all already be spoken for. RZ mods may all be discontinued by the end of the year as well.

EDIT: However, I have done some charity mods before, and have debated "vaulting" something "permanently discontinued" for charity.

Quoted from Useilloosion:

Hey All
I have recently become the proud owner of a Judge Dredd and I am very keen to get my hands on this Shooters Tower mod if someone held onto it after selling their own Dredd or maybe acquired one in a Pinball sale and or has a spare one up for grabs etc...
If you know of one that is available
then please let me know
Thanks

Good luck in your search. There are a lot of them out there between the two versions, though I know many are also looking (best bet may be to spot one in a game for sale and try to get it separate).

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from tyson171:

All valid points!

Thanks I totally agree with you tyson171 New owners of certain games will always look to personalise such as Dredd And What better place to look for inspiration than Pinside!!!
At the same time I have to respect Medisinyl thoughts and comments given the clarity behind his decision .
I guess a by-product of this is that even your 3 year old mods are still sort after Medisinyl that's something that you can be proud of
And if this thread continues to attract attention and interest from Dredd owners and the demand grows who knows what might happen Thanks

4 months later
#140 3 years ago

Just signing on to the thread in case these ever come back (new dredd owner)

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Just signing on to the thread in case these ever come back (new dredd owner)

I appreciate your interest, but once I discontinue a mod, I stick to my word.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I appreciate your interest, but once I discontinue a mod, I stick to my word.

7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05 (resized).jpg7c687debe61f4b5aca1f1465811bbd05 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#143 1 year ago

I have a Judge Dredd Medisinyl Sniper Tower available that I can have a trusted friend bring to Allentown. $95.00 or Highest offer. PM me if interested. (Posted with permission of Medisinyl)

Added 23 months ago:

*Sold*

1 month later
#144 1 year ago

Looking for a tower, pm please if you have one.

1 year later
#145 63 days ago

Pm me if you sell your tower.

#146 63 days ago

I'm also interested in buying if anyone sells

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread/page/3?hl=shepp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.