20200209_014147 (resized).jpg
InShot_20200127_190310003 (resized).jpg
20181215_175126 (resized).jpg
20181215_175104 (resized).jpg
20181213_173811 (resized).jpg
20181213_225010 (resized).jpg
63231 (resized).jpg
20181213_152711 (resized).jpg
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Video here of the new mirrored window version in attract mode and some other things (SD card filled on the gopro before I finished). This one has the added Quasar bulb as well and gives a fair idea of what to expect with the gold version in the charity auction (ends in about 17 hours). ebay.com link: itm

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 Of 1 Charity Auction
I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Super cool, just threw in a $100 bid for the American Cancer Society. I hope Pinside blows away my meager bid for this amazing charity.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Couple pics here of the finished mod for the charity auction (and a fair idea of what to expect with the standard, red brick "Die Hard" edition). I'll try to get a red brick version installed in my game to take video with tomorrow night (it will have the same mirrored window, RGB SMD, Quasar bulb, Sunlight SMD, etc.).
Again, good luck to the 8 watchers (as of now) and anyone that participates in the bidding to raise money for the American Cancer Society . ebay.com link [quoted image][quoted image]

Little over an hour left to bid in the charity auction for this gold version ebay.com link: itm . So one last time, good luck to everyone bidding, and thanks in advance to whoever wins for helping me donate to a good cause

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Super cool, just threw in a $100 bid for the American Cancer Society. I hope Pinside blows away my meager bid for this amazing charity.

Congrats to your winning bid Perhaps you'll add an illuminated pic or two here if you install it (I never did get to see it in action in the game, and I won't be painting another one like it even if someone begs [does look good though and suits the gold topper. etc.]).

Unfortunate eBay still siphons off their 10% fee despite 100% going to charity. They should reduce that to promote charity auctions. I went with eBay so bidders didn't have to trust me to know where the funds were going, but may rethink that for future charity items.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Congrats to your winning bid Perhaps you'll add an illuminated pic or two here if you install it (I never did get to see it in action in the game, and I won't be painting another one like it even if someone begs [does look good though and suits the gold topper. etc.]).
Unfortunate eBay still siphons off their 10% fee despite 100% going to charity. They should reduce that to promote charity auctions. I went with eBay so bidders didn't have to trust me to know where the funds were going, but may rethink that for future charity items.

Thanks for doing this. Don't worry, your very special 1 of 1 will be installed in one of the nicest JD's there is.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/albums/72157623481074891
This was my first playfield swap many years ago featuring a Chris Hutchins clearcoated playfield. I'll be very happy to have the only Chris Hutchins Goldbrick JD in existence!!!! Great work on the charity auction.

3 months later
#55 5 years ago

This is being posted here with the permission of Medisinyl.. I bought a brand new Sniper Tower mod about a year ago and it has sat in my JD parts box wrapped up until now as I was intending to tear down my JD for a full shop prior to install and never got to it. I just upgraded to the newest version with the color changing light, etc.. and will sell this original never used sniper tower at a significant discount. I am not sure what color the light is behind the window as it has been so long, I forgot what I ordered. But I will hook it up to power later and update this post.

I am looking for $50 shipped (in USA) just to recoup some of what I paid out now for 2 of these mods... lol. It is ready for immediate shipping. PM me if interested and I can provide my PayPal.

And thank to Greg for making such a great mod and for allowing my to post this here!

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

This is being posted here with the permission of Medisinyl.. I bought a brand new Sniper Tower mod about a year ago and it has sat in my JD parts box wrapped up until now as I was intending to tear down my JD for a full shop prior to install and never got to it. I just upgraded to the newest version with the color changing light, etc.. and will sell this original never used sniper tower at a significant discount. I am not sure what color the light is behind the window as it has been so long, I forgot what I ordered. But I will hook it up to power later and update this post.
I am looking for $50 shipped (in USA) just to recoup some of what I paid out now for 2 of these mods... lol. It is ready for immediate shipping. PM me if interested and I can provide my PayPal.
And thank to Greg for making such a great mod and for allowing my to post this here!

Good luck with your sale. These are a very popular mod, and my Black Friday sale of $10 off brought in a chunk of buyers, so I imagine someone will jump on your far more significant discount soon.

#57 5 years ago

Thanks, and yeah... That didn't take long. Sale pending...

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks, and yeah... That didn't take long. Sale pending...

Awesome! Glad we were able to turn it into a win/win and make another Pinsider happy with a great deal on yours

2 months later
#59 4 years ago

Planning to phase out version 1 of these soon and make them all with the clearer image and mirror. In which case, I'd add white and color options to V2. V1 uses 5mm LEDs, but all color choices for V2 would be upgraded to full-size (#555) pinball bulbs as used on the RGB model.

If you'd like a custom version of the V2 before I change the Pinside store (currently noted as the Die Hard edition), feel free to PM me. Non-RGB colors should be a buck or so cheaper than the RGB verison if I have them on hand (white and yellow were the most popular non-RGB options). Will plan to have some non-RGB V2 images up next week.

2 months later
#60 4 years ago

Looking at getting one of these here in the next day or two. What is the die hard chrome window look like? Do you a picture you can post of this version?

3 months later
#61 4 years ago

Restoring My Judge Dredd Machine purchased in 1998. Missing Sniper tower, looking to procure replacement. Any availability is appreciated.

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from Lmtma59:

Restoring My Judge Dredd Machine purchased in 1998. Missing Sniper tower, looking to procure replacement. Any availability is appreciated.

While I appreciate the interest, this mod is currently unavailable (was silently discontinued through the shop recently). Sold the last one I had parts on hand for last week.

Should I have a break in other mod production, I may offer to do one final run of these if the demand is there. After two years, sales on these had slowed to about 1 a month, and my 3D printers are generally needed for my backlog of existing orders (added a 4th printer last week).

I can start an interest list and plan to make a new run if I get at least 5 people on board.

Anyone is free to post interest here and I'll note you down (would help others see if we're close). Will be looking to make them as fully loaded models with mirrored, RGB lighted window, and Quasar bulb beneath to light the fence and lower wall when activated (best presentation of this mod IMO). $96 shipped total (slightly cheaper than it was through the shop with all of these options).

No guarantee it will happen, but if there's 5, I'll make a run slightly higher than the list, and that will be the last of these when those run out. In which case, I would need some time to order parts and juggle them amongst existing orders.

Thanks again to all of those that made this mod an early success that still has some light demand over two years later. It's the mod that really got me started onto this path, and had it failed, I likely wouldn't have created what followed.

#63 4 years ago

Since it is discontinued and numbers are needed for another run, I would probably go in for another one as a backup. I highly doubt that I would ever need it, but in the off chance that a crazy airball turns my tower into Nakatomi Plaza, I wouldn't mind having a spare tower I could pull out of my spare parts to replace it. And if I never need it, I could always sell it someday in the future to someone who missed out.

#64 4 years ago

Please add me to the list.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Since it is discontinued and numbers are needed for another run, I would probably go in for another one as a backup. I highly doubt that I would ever need it, but in the off chance that a crazy airball turns my tower into Nakatomi Plaza, I wouldn't mind having a spare tower I could pull out of my spare parts to replace it. And if I never need it, I could always sell it someday in the future to someone who missed out.

Noted. Thank you. Though JD is kind with airballs in that area, and the final production version has some chance of the fence surviving one on the off chance such a stray ball occured (main body is plenty strong for an airball). I would throw balls at the fence as I was developing prototypes and went with the first one that survived (had I designed this today, I'm sure I would have made it even stronger the first time around, but there's a lot of these out there between V1 and V2 with no reported damage, so all seems well).

We'll see where we get, but it sounds like 3/5 may be where we're at already.

Just something I need to be able to streamline to make it worthwhile at this point. Gets to be a bit chaotic if I don't discontinue some mods as well, and it seemed to be time.

#67 4 years ago

Add me to list

#68 4 years ago

Looks like the run will be happening.

I'll see where we're at in a couple days and order parts accordingly. I'll print towers and lightboxes as I can while waiting for the shipment to arrive.

Won't be looking to accept any payment until I'm near completion (will PM those on the list at that time), and I'll keep everyone updated here. Will be aiming to ship within 3 weeks if possible.

#69 4 years ago

Are you willing to ship internationally? How much would it then be in total?

Also how sturdy is the part? Any operators here have the tower installed and can report on this? Any issues with balls trapped on the fence? My machine is in a semi-public setting and gets pounded for 9 hours straight at leat once a month. I've always liked this mod (just never got round to actually ordering it) but I'm not quite sure if it would survive that setup for long...

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from cynric:

Are you willing to ship internationally? How much would it then be in total?
Also how sturdy is the part? Any operators here have the tower installed and can report on this? Any issues with balls trapped on the fence? My machine is in a semi-public setting and gets pounded for 9 hours straight at leat once a month. I've always liked this mod (just never got round to actually ordering it) but I'm not quite sure if it would survive that setup for long...

I've never heard of one causing any issues, but I'd be glad to hear others chime in. With a chunk of these in games over two years, I imagine there's tens of thousands of plays amongst them, which should be a fair test.

International total would be $103 shipped for the fully optioned package I'm offering here (also ~$4 cheaper than it was in the shop [US shipping was $7.99, and international was $14.99, so I'm going with the difference here]).

I appreciate your interest.

#71 4 years ago

Add me to the list! I was waiting to pick this up until my ACNC arrived to combine orders and it looks like I waited too long...DRAT!

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Add me to the list! I was waiting to pick this up until my ACNC arrived to combine orders and it looks like I waited too long...DRAT!

No worries. Will be a few weeks out to ship and I can combine everything for you then

#73 4 years ago

Thanks, Greg!

(Rather than RGB in the window, I'd rather have a single color)

#74 4 years ago

I'd like a 2nd one! Please add me to the list.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Thanks, Greg!
(Rather than RGB in the window, I'd rather have a single color)

While I find the RGB keeps it interesting to see what it will be when it lights (and go through the colors in the mode), I am willing to install a chosen color as long as I know in advance of my order from Comet (I do have various #555 SMDs on hand though, so I may have what you want). White/yellow colors were the most popular when V1 was offered (using the full size bulb on these and better diffusion of V2 will undoubtedly look nicer, though I never ended up testing non-RGB in V2).

Anyone on the list is free to post preference here if not RGB. Trying to keep my PM box cleaner as it's loaded with existing Elvira orders now and getting hard to navigate.

Thank you!

#76 4 years ago

If the window is mirrored, I would think warm white would be my personal choice - thanks for being so accommodating and flexible (I wasn't trying to be a nuisance)!

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from xeneize:

If the window is mirrored, I would think warm white would be my personal choice - thanks for being so accommodating and flexible (I wasn't trying to be a nuisance)!

Not a nuisance at all. I'm always interested in seeing what custom requests look like, and lighting is an easy request to accommodate.

#78 4 years ago

Please add me to the list - thanks!

#79 4 years ago

I'm curious... I own one of these mods. I believe it is Version 1. I never knew there was a Version 2. What are the differences? How do I know which one I have?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I'm curious... I own one of these mods. I believe it is Version 1. I never knew there was a Version 2. What are the differences? How do I know which one I have?

V1 had a textured, milky window. V2 is flat and mirrored (mirror appearance disappears when lit [masks the insert image when unlit]). The insert image is also sharper and easier to see in V2 with more even diffusion (stencil painted on V1, printed on V2)
V1 used a cheap 5mm LED for the window light. V2 uses a full size #555 RGB SMD bulb (open to offer a color request here as a #555 SMD).
V2 was when I began offering a Quasar bulb option to light the fence and base of the wall (included in what I'm offering in the final run). This is Comet's brightest non-beam bulb.

V2 Video in post #51 at the top of this page.

Just some enhancements I decided the mod needed once I had more experience and the mod was a year old at the time (also coincided with the special charity auction version for Christmas that was painted with gold and silver to reference Die Hard 3 gold bricks, where Pinballmike217 helped give 100% of his winning bid to the American Cancer Society).

#81 4 years ago

Well, shit, I have v1. Do I upgrade? Decisions, decisions.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

This is the sort of decision I never want customers to have to make (or make early adopters feel they have something lesser), and I've refrained from upgrading any other mods (never will again unless there's an outright problem discovered), but being my first mod intended for sale, it was something that was showing its freshman effort to me and deserved a rework. Harder for me to produce in V2 form, but a fair upgrade IMO.

Glad to see you at least have some humor about the decision

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I upgraded and was able to recoup some off my original V1 with a resale of it.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I've never heard of one causing any issues, but I'd be glad to hear others chime in. With a chunk of these in games over two years, I imagine there's tens of thousands of plays amongst them, which should be a fair test.
International total would be $103 shipped for the fully optioned package I'm offering here (also ~$4 cheaper than it was in the shop [US shipping was $7.99, and international was $14.99, so I'm going with the difference here]).
I appreciate your interest.

Thanks for the info! No reports of balltraps or other problems yet, so count me in!

#85 4 years ago

add me to the list please - warm white would be my choice as well

#86 4 years ago

Hey Greg, I initially stated interest in getting another one just to make the numbers work for you to get another run going. Knowing how much work you put into these, and the fact that I already have one, it doesn't look like you need my order anymore to reach your threshold of 5 orders. So I will forfeit my spot since you have over 5 now and make less work for you! Thanks for what you do and the time you put into creating your mods!

#87 4 years ago

How much is this? Maybe I'll take the spot.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Anyone is free to post interest here and I'll note you down (would help others see if we're close). Will be looking to make them as fully loaded models with mirrored, RGB lighted window, and Quasar bulb beneath to light the fence and lower wall when activated (best presentation of this mod IMO). $96 shipped total (slightly cheaper than it was through the shop with all of these options).

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hey Greg, I initially stated interest in getting another one just to make the numbers work for you to get another run going. Knowing how much work you put into these, and the fact that I already have one, it doesn't look like you need my order anymore to reach your threshold of 5 orders. So I will forfeit my spot since you have over 5 now and make less work for you! Thanks for what you do and the time you put into creating your mods!

Not a problem at all. Your gesture to help push this last run into fruition is appreciated, and thank you for the positive feedback

Quoted from mamawaldee:

Some more details in post #62, but $96 shipped within the US ($103 shipped for International) for the V2 model with Quasar upgrade (little cheaper than it was in the shop).

Will cap off the list tomorrow and make my orders at that time. As noted, I'll make a couple extra over the list, so there will be a slight window for some to get in on top.

As the info is getting a bit buried, existing Elvira orders (amongst others) currently have priority, but I'll hope to be able to satisfy these within 3 weeks of ordering parts (that would be around 2/6 for a shipping estimate). Namely I'll be ordering the printer filament that only got used on this mod, as well as the bulbs and #555 Matrix I don't stock for any other mod.

#90 4 years ago

#91 4 years ago

Would like to see some pics of it installed in peoples machines. I think there is one pic in this thread of it from players perspective, a few more pics might sway me to get it (not close ups - plenty of those already).

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Would like to see some pics of it installed in peoples machines. I think there is one pic in this thread of it from players perspective, a few more pics might sway me to get it (not close ups - plenty of those already).

While I generally have full playfield photos these days, it seems I failed to do so for this early mod (aside from the gold one). Can't find anything much better in my files.

Sold my game or I would have taken new photos for you. Perhaps someone has a pic of theirs from a more player perspective.

#93 4 years ago

Add me to the list also please!THX

#94 4 years ago

Current List:

1) Lmtma59
2) Pinballer73
3) BobLangelius
4) Brettv
5) cynric
6) xeneize (warm white)
7) watty
8 ) ReadyPO
9) manples
10) quickstop
11) Bladefury
Update:
12) ChiTownPinHead
13) mamawaldee
14) Cakalues

Looking to close this list out by tonight. I know some were on the fence...no pun intended (not included in the list yet). Will make my orders accordingly tonight.

Also still time to change your window color preference if not RGB, but I personally thought the RGB added the most intrigue (I may have what you want on hand even if not stated by tonight).

Estimated shipping date is Feb. 6th.

#95 4 years ago

Just got my Judge Dredd yesterday. I'll jump in as well!

#96 4 years ago

Put me on the list, but I'm getting my ACNC soon so want to add those mods and ship together. Thanks!

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Put me on the list, but I'm getting my ACNC soon so want to add those mods and ship together. Thanks!

You're on the list . And sounds good. We'll figure it out when I'm closer to shipping these.

Looks like I'll be planning to make 15 of these. Would leave 2 available to those that missed the cut-off.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Current List:
Also still time to change your window color preference if not RGB, but I personally thought the RGB added the most intrigue (I may have what you want on hand even if not stated by tonight).

Alright alright alright... RGB it is then

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from manples:

Alright alright alright... RGB it is then

If this were made for Dirty Harry, 24, etc., then I could see the more realistic window lighting being appealing, but for a game based on comic books, I much prefer seeing a dynamic mod with exciting color shifts, and I believe the bright Quasar underneath helps balance it out (particularly when the mode is active--really helps bring it to life). I also realize this is a subjective topic and my opinion may not work for someone else, so don't change it just on my word

#100 4 years ago

Please add me to the list if I'm not too late.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-development-thread/page/2?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.