Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 64 days ago by Pinballmike217
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181215_175126 (resized).jpg
20181215_175104 (resized).jpg
20181213_173811 (resized).jpg
20181213_225010 (resized).jpg
63231 (resized).jpg
20181213_152711 (resized).jpg
20181213_152647 (resized).jpg
20181213_152224 (resized).jpg
20181213_152220 (resized).jpg
20181213_152214 (resized).jpg
20181213_152211 (resized).jpg
pinkor (resized).jpg
E1CDFD5A-B001-4AD2-95F4-494C3CBF6415 (resized).jpeg
20171029_181038 (resized).jpg
tower backs (resized).jpg
4 towers (resized).jpg

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

This Sniper Tower mod for Judge Dredd is close to final and will be posted either tonight or some time tomorrow. [[EDIT: It is now available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led ]]

It replaces the Sniper Tower plastic and simply installs with the same factory screws and a supplied #555 SMD to replace the Sniper insert bulb (no permanent modification required).

This mod is hand painted and lights up when the ball whips by the tower after a right ramp shot, it also lights after a left ramp shot, and of course strobes during Sniper Mode ("shoot the sniper tower" can finally make sense ). During Manhunt Millions, the tower flashes in sync with the sound of the bullets. In addition to any other time the Sniper insert lights.

Photos below show some of the development progress. I started by making a mere triangle and used that to map out the shape of the original plastic, then began to build the tower. Revision led to expanding on the tower once I had a better idea of the room I had to work with, also revisions to strengthen the fence (the first version was clearly very weak and purposely broken in testing). I also thickened and angled the base of the tower to have it sit perfectly. The little black box is attached behind the window and isolates the LED and tower insert from other light. There's a cut-out behind the fence in front of the tower that allows light to shine up on the tower and through the fence (not present on earlier versions).

Also pictured are the various color options (the first painted prototype is shown--I've since made the silhouette of the man solid, but the look is similar). As usual, it's hard to photograph LEDs, but in person there is better definition.

Here's a quick clip that shows some of the interaction with the game--I'll likely take another with a different color soon:

Dredd1 (resized).jpg
Dredd3 (resized).jpg
20171029_181302 (resized).jpg
Dredd2 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

I'm interested. Any idea of cost yet? Mike

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I'm interested. Any idea of cost yet? Mike

I appreciate the interest. Planning on $76+ shipping. Hand painting included of course.

#6 1 year ago

Count me in as well!

#7 1 year ago

Please add me to the list. Thanks and it is nice to see some fresh add-ons!

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from nipper2u:

Please add me to the list. Thanks and it is nice to see some fresh add-ons!

Thanks to all those expressing interest .Once I get back to my computer (about an hour or so) I'll create the marketplace listing and update here. I should be able to start shipping these on Wednesday.

#10 1 year ago

Payment has been sent. Thanks mike

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Payment has been sent. Thanks mike

Excellent. Thank you Mike, and to Nipper as well. You can both expect a message on Wednesday with tracking information.

- Greg

#12 1 year ago

Payment sent. Thanks for doing this!

#13 1 year ago

Great! Thanks again!

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Payment sent. Thanks for doing this!

Thank you. I'm glad to see the appreciation for my work on this mod

#15 1 year ago

4 painted towers awaiting a window insert, light-box, and LED wiring. These are the ones that will ship out tomorrow to those that ordered them so far

4 towers (resized).jpg

#16 1 year ago

...and a shot from the back with the lightbox and wires. In the final update to the CAD, I added the loop to hold the wires. You can also see the #555 SMD (warm white Comet) that replaces the Sniper bulb for a clean installation.

tower backs (resized).jpg
20171029_181038 (resized).jpg

#17 1 year ago

Very nice,I am waiting.

#18 1 year ago

All orders that were scheduled to ship today have been updated with tracking information (estimated for a Saturday delivery). Instructions have been included. Hopefully all installations are smooth, and I'll look forward to seeing photos should anyone desire to post them

Added 15 months ago: EDIT: It appears as though all of these were delivered today, so check your mail As there is leeway for fitment adjustment, I expect all will be fine, but these are the first ones out, so please let me know if there are any issues (or confirm all is well when convenient). Thanks again to all who have ordered.

#19 1 year ago

All remaining orders were shipped out today and updated with tracking. Orders received by mid-day tomorrow should tentatively ship out Monday.

#20 1 year ago

Got mine today. Will install tomorrow and post pics. It looks great. Thanks for being so fast

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Got mine today. Will install tomorrow and post pics. It looks great. Thanks for being so fast

Excellent news . I'll be looking forward to the photos .

#22 1 year ago

Installed in less than 5 mins. Awesome mod!!

E1CDFD5A-B001-4AD2-95F4-494C3CBF6415 (resized).jpeg

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Installed in less than 5 mins. Awesome mod!!

Very glad to hear and see Thank you for the photo

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Here's a quick clip that shows some of the interaction with the game--I'll likely take another with a different color soon

As promised, here's a blue version. About to upload a yellow version as well.

#26 1 year ago

Is the bulb that used to be under the sniper plastic still utilized?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Is the bulb that used to be under the sniper plastic still utilized?

There is a cut-out beneath that plastic (can be seen on the base a few posts up), so the GI light shows up to some degree on the building and through the fence, and of course still around it out the sides. Whatever GI bulb the user has installed under that plastic remains in place. Also, the Sniper insert still lights with the provided SMD (as can be seen in the clips).

1 week later
#28 1 year ago

Going to assume no news is good news from all the others that have received their mods . Always willing to help if there are any installation issues or questions.

#29 1 year ago

The day I got mine I had a problem with F116 blowing and a broken wire on an opto on the VUK. Got all that fixed and now my right upper flipper quit working . I'm waiting to open it back up again until I get my 12v ps I'm going to install for my color dmd and Pin stadium lighting. I think both may be just a little too much for the 12v supply. Then I'll get my flipper fixed and install the mod. I do have a ? how difficult would it be to change the warm white out for a cool white bulb? Thanks Mike

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

The day I got mine I had a problem with F116 blowing and a broken wire on an opto on the VUK. Got all that fixed and now my right upper flipper quit working . I'm waiting to open it back up again until I get my 12v ps I'm going to install for my color dmd and Pin stadium lighting. I think both may be just a little too much for the 12v supply. Then I'll get my flipper fixed and install the mod. I do have a ? how difficult would it be to change the warm white out for a cool white bulb? Thanks Mike

Comet does have a cool, "natural" white option for the #555 bulb that is used here: http://www.cometpinball.com/MATRIX-1-SMD-5050-FLEX-6-3V-QUICK-CONNECT-p/mtx1smdflex.htm

If you were to order one of those (perhaps Comet will do another black Friday/Cyber Monday, etc. sale, so it could be good to wait for a larger order), it would be simple enough to clip the wires and either solder the new bulb in (or use crimp connectors for an easier method). Also possible to work in the matrix system connector with the matrix wires as well so it can be detached (I may very well include that in future orders as it would make it a hair easier to install I expect).

Unfortunate to see that you had issues arise. Of course the mod itself shouldn't have broken an opto wire (though I suppose that sort of thing can accidentally happen with any new LED install) , nor would I expect one extra LED would tax the power much (shouldn't be any different than adding a spotlight), but ColorDMD is the only mod I have in my machine and I can confirm no issues with at least that and this mod, I can't speak for pin-stadium on top.

Please keep me updated on your situation. Hopefully it all works out with the new PS as you mentioned.

I too hope that these issues are isolated to your machine thus far. If not, I'd like to know of course. 7 have shipped and this is the first I've heard of any issues.

#31 1 year ago

Not your mod it's not installed yet. I just had the problems pop up on the day I got it so I haven't tried installing yet. Should be doing it next week.I don't expect any issues with the tower it looks great and I can't wait to get it installed in a fully working game which I seem to have problems achieving Mike

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Not your mod it's not installed yet. I just had the problems pop up on the day I got it so I haven't tried installing yet. Should be doing it next week.I don't expect any issues with the tower it looks great and I can't wait to get it installed in a fully working game which I seem to have problems achieving Mike

Ohhh, I see Reading comprehension failure on my part. Thank you for clearing that up. I wish you the best of luck with it. These machines can be a pain, but it's oh so rewarding when problems are solved

EDIT: Also, you may be surprised with the warm white color, or realize that once the mod is in, you will no longer even notice that insert in favor of the tower

1 week later
#33 1 year ago

Getting a run painted up tonight (with the Dead-Flip stream on in the background at the moment ). I'll be able to complete a couple for a Wednesday shipment (before the holiday) on orders placed by mid-day tomorrow. May be a delay after that time period for the holiday. Thanks again to all those that have ordered thus far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

#34 1 year ago

I have 2 of these painted up with inserts and lightboxes that are awaiting LEDs/wiring, so a couple orders could be finished to ship out tomorrow.

1 week later
#36 1 year ago

Pink and Orange have been added to the shop as color options (as always, the LEDS are hard to photograph. The pink looks quite good/bright [I tried purple, but it just didn't pop--both top images are the pink with slightly different phone/camera settings]). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

pinkor (resized).jpg

#37 1 year ago

Looking to ship out what I can by this Saturday. After that point, shipments won't be able to go out until sometime after Christmas, so if you're interested, please order within the next couple days to get your order in a timely manner and help me keep orders from backing up over the holiday. Thank you.

4 weeks later
#38 1 year ago

Been 30 days since a bump, so posting to let Pinsiders know that I have 3 of these on-hand (built/painted up a run recently) ready for LEDs/wiring, so order to shipping time would be short on those.

10 months later
#39 3 months ago

Any chance of a Black Friday Special?

#40 3 months ago
Quoted from shepP:

Any chance of a Black Friday Special?

I'll have sales for some of my mods (still debating them myself). This one has been a fairly consistent seller, but I'll likely do a small sale here as well

#41 3 months ago

Sounds good. I'll buy one when you announce the sale price.

#42 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Sounds good. I'll buy one when you announce the sale price.

Think I might look into this as well. Looks pretty cool. Thanks

#43 3 months ago

Black Friday sale is now posted and will last through Sunday night. $10 off

Have a great holiday weekend

#44 89 days ago

Sale bump. Thanks to everyone that has purchase thus far. I've sold out of what I had on hand for parts on these, but I'll be planning to make a bunch of these this week, so it shouldn't be a long wait.

2 weeks later
#45 69 days ago

Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 Of 1 Charity Auction

I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

20181213_152211 (resized).jpg20181213_152214 (resized).jpg20181213_152220 (resized).jpg20181213_152224 (resized).jpg20181213_152647 (resized).jpg20181213_152711 (resized).jpg

63231 (resized).jpg

#46 69 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Just added a Christmas charity auction to eBay for a "1 of 1" gold brick (Die Hard 3) edition of this mod. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. ebay.com link » Judge Dredd Sniper Tower Pinball Mod Limited 1 Of 1 Charity Auction
I've also added a "Die Hard" edition of the red brick mod for anyone that would like the enhanced RGB lighting, chrome window, sharper insert image (and the optional addition of the Quasar bulb to any version). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/01354-interactive-judge-dredd-sniper-tower-mod-led

[

Super cool, just threw in a $100 bid for the American Cancer Society. I hope Pinside blows away my meager bid for this amazing charity.

#47 69 days ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Super cool, just threw in a $100 bid for the American Cancer Society. I hope Pinside blows away my meager bid for this amazing charity.

That's awesome! Thank you!

As noted in the listing. I lost my mother to cancer (ten years ago when she was only 48. And for the Die Hard reference, Alan Rickman was cancer as well).

#48 69 days ago

Currently away from home, but once I have a red brick version together, I'll take an installed video of the interaction (including the added Quasar bulb). Couple photos here I took earlier to give an idea of what the chrome window looks like in the red brick version.

20181213_173811 (resized).jpg20181213_225010 (resized).jpg
#49 68 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Charity bump

#50 67 days ago

Couple pics here of the finished mod for the charity auction (and a fair idea of what to expect with the standard, red brick "Die Hard" edition). I'll try to get a red brick version installed in my game to take video with tomorrow night (it will have the same mirrored window, RGB SMD, Quasar bulb, Sunlight SMD, etc.).

Again, good luck to the 8 watchers (as of now) and anyone that participates in the bidding to raise money for the American Cancer Society . ebay.com link

20181215_175104 (resized).jpg20181215_175126 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Machine - For Sale
Attleboro, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
PinSound
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Bright Lights Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 259.99
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside