Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fireball2
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Anyone have ideas on this? Specially thinking about no hold upper playfield flipper on Swords of Fury. Same gameplay everywhere else just a no-hold option to prevent trapping and aiming at drops. Just for fun. Williams system 11 flip mech.

#2 3 years ago

Don’t do it.

#3 3 years ago

I like it. Just make it easily reversible. In fact, if yer feeling sporty, put a toggle switch under the cab to turn it off and on!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Leftshoe:

Anyone have ideas on this? Specially thinking about no hold upper playfield flipper on Swords of Fury. Same gameplay everywhere else just a no-hold option to prevent trapping and aiming at drops. Just for fun. Williams system 11 flip mech.

How do you accomplish this, isn’t it software based? Sounds like a good way to burn some coils.

#5 3 years ago

Yeah, it would be a bad idea to do it by just cutting the EOS power to zero. That would make the flipper rapidly flip again and again instead of holding, which is not what you want and would probably harm the mechanisms.

It seems like it could be done with an only slightly more elaborate hardware hack, though... just splice in a little circuit between the flipper button and the upper flipper mechanism, with the behavior "When the flipper button is pressed and power starts being supplied to the upper flipper mechanism, cut the power after 1/4 second, and leave it cut off until the flipper button is released and pressed again."

#6 3 years ago

I have a witness. One time on location I got to rule the universe, but the left flipper wouldn't trap. Might be my best pinball moment.

It was fun, I'd say go for it

#7 3 years ago

It's done on the mpu, but on Devil Riders, the outlanes have a one flip only flipper that activates with the outlane rollover above it. You get one flip and it dies until you drain or relight the rollover.

Dunno if you could do something like that on SoF, but it'd be kewl.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/intentional-no-hold-flipper- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.