(Topic ID: 109552)

Intellivision, Colecovision, Genesis - Flashbacks $40

By vid1900

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What's the baddest ass game system at Family Dollar?”

• Intellivision 29 votes
      31%
    • Sega Genesis 39 votes
      41%
    • Colecovision 26 votes
      28%

(94 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backlit-Mega-Man-25th-Anniversary-Set-300x236.jpg
    MMNES.jpg
    Double-TMNT-photo.jpg
    TMNTNES.jpg
    colecovision_controllers_super_action_controller.jpeg
    mv39zMANTEdAvU5avEsIbFg.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    target-whiskey.png
    image-411.jpg
    image.jpg
    Atari-5200-Controller.jpg
    colecovision super action controller proto1 full.jpg
    yerout!.jpg
    smurfette-angry-1.png
    intel fb.jpg
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

My brother and I used to play that all the time. I can still hear the snake.

I have originals of both of the AD&D games for the Intellivision.

http://farulosonoth.proboards.com/thread/17/2-intellivision-cartridges

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from DarkWizard:

I have originals of both of the AD&D games for the Intellivision.
    http://farulosonoth.proboards.com/thread/17/2-intellivision-cartridges

Nice!

"AD&D Treasure Of Tarmin" is on the Intellivision Flashback too... it is called "Minotaur".

#53 9 years ago

Intellivision: no Burgertime or Frogger

#54 9 years ago

I have to admit, I find it funny that something like the Intellivision can be only $40 and include 60 games and have original controllers and overlays... but if it is missing one specific game then it is a "NO SALE" for some of you.

#55 9 years ago

Was this the colecovision game where you had the guy that had to go into rooms and snag treasures and run from snakes and skeletons and what not?

#56 9 years ago

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Man those were the days. I had an Intellivision back in college and we used to have tournaments playing the baseball game in the dorm with all the baseball players at UT.

That game was awesome, man when you dialed it in it was like 2-1, 3-2 games and just about as great as it got.

I'd take that game over some of the shit they make today!

I've still got my old console.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

I have to admit, I find it funny that something like the Intellivision can be only $40 and include 60 games and have original controllers and overlays... but if it is missing one specific game then it is a "NO SALE" for some of you.

If there's only one game your fond of or overly nostalgic for....then it makes perfect sense.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Was this the colecovision game where you had the guy that had to go into rooms and snag treasures and run from snakes and skeletons and what not?

Yup. That was it. Smiley face that shot arrows.

Space fury and Montazumas revenge are worth the price alone.

Montazuma is one of the first platformer/ puzzle games. Besides miner 2049 er
    Its fantastic.

The sega master system version is the best but the game is super hard and fun.

#59 9 years ago

Now I have a mission on Black friday! One trip to toys r us for intellivision!

#60 9 years ago

Yer out!

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Now I have a mission on Black friday! One trip to toys r us for intellivision!

You could get this one in two days:

http://www.amazon.com/IntelliVision-AtGames-Flashback-Classic-Game-Electronic/dp/B00K2BOG66/ref=sr_1_1

#62 9 years ago

You could do double plays and throws to the plate that were like millisecond difference on whether or not "yer out"!

Playing the the computer was not as fun because you could kick its ass all day long when you got good enough. A great two player game!

Thanks DC, I'm on it.

#63 9 years ago

Played a ton of Jumpman Jr. on Colecovision back in the day

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You could do double plays and throws to the plate that were like millisecond difference on whether or not "yer out"!

The original is still the best!

#65 9 years ago

I LOVE Intellivision. Have all my original games, some of which are extremely rare.
    I wish this console had some of the better games, but since pinsiders love soldering you might like this alternative.

Get all the Intv game ROMS and play them with Notsalgia (which can even do the Intellivoice games).

Then if you can pick up some old Intv 1 controllers on Ebay on the cheap, and have some spare USB cables lying around, you're a soldering iron and heat shrink tubing away from awesomeness.

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/intellivusb/index.php

Or if you're lazy... for another $9...
    http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/intellivision_to_usb_adapter/index.php

#66 9 years ago

Which system has Custard's Revenge? I think that was the first game based on General Custards last stand...

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Which system has Custard's Revenge? I think that was the first game based on General Custards last stand...

I have it for the Atari 2600

#68 9 years ago

just tried out the Colecovision, an item I never owned back when.
    Super fun. Frenzy is quite well done and fast, didn't realize any machines were that capable back then.
    Picked up Atari and Intellivision, too, figured they'd be good nephew presents. maybe one of them needs to be kept around the house instead!

#69 9 years ago

Pure awesomeness. I still have my Intellivision hooked up. Some of the best game from the era. ColecoVision definitely was the next step in consoles at the time. I still remember being blown away by the Donkey Kong port.

For you Intellivision fans: http://www.intellivisionlives.com

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from RandyV:

Pure awesomeness. I still have my Intellivision hooked up. Some of the best game from the era. ColecoVision definitely was the next step in consoles at the time. I still remember being blown away by the Donkey Kong port.
    For you Intellivision fans: http://www.intellivisionlives.com

Donkey Kong, I remember playing it like it was yesterday! F me, that's how fast time flies. 30 yrs ago. Gotta grab every ounce out of life!

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from jazzmaster:

Wonder if the super action controllers will work....
    Super Action Boxing with Rocky and Mr. T and the Super Action Baseball games were some of the best of the era...sadly, along with Donkey Kong...not included with the flashback. Still though... Zaxxon!!!!

The SA games were really awesome for their time. The controllers on the other hand were... not so awesome. Had them at the same time I got the ADAM. That was quickly replaced with a C64.

And another shout out for AD&D on the INTV. But yeah, no AD&D = no sale.

#72 9 years ago

I remember having problems with my ol' coleco controllers....

but I think this controller was even worse!

Atari-5200-Controller.jpgAtari-5200-Controller.jpg

#73 9 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Atari-5200-Controller.jpg 114 KB

What was Atari thinking with a non-centering stick.

#74 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I have it for the Atari 2600

Haha! I had a feeling you would have that game for some reason.

#75 9 years ago

Get the Genesis! And then get these two games. One of the few good Ghostbusters games and a great Doom clone, Zero Tolerance. It's a freakin' FPS on the Sega Genesis for cryin' out loud!

image-411.jpgimage-411.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#76 9 years ago

Loved miner 2049er for colecovision, I may buy it for just that.

#77 9 years ago

Just be warned about the Sega genesis model.. The MONO sound is terrible and on most games not even the same music. I own one of these and bought it as a new console replacement for me gen 2 genesis And was very disappointed! If you just wanna play and don't care then it's a steal or if your one of those people that listen to other music while playing video games don't hesitate. I was shocked by the library on this thing tho.. the golden axes and streets of rages alone make it a value.

#78 9 years ago

I vend retro video games as my other hobby ( http://www.goatstore.com if anyone wants to check it out, new site coming soon!). I do agree with the above posted that these systems have some small issues, but if you don't mind overlooking those (and most don't) they are a great deal.

If you want a system that is pretty darn amazing, but doesn't have built in games, check out the Retron 5. They are hard to find, but we'll have some in the not too distant future when we relaunch our entire site to bring it up to the modern era I got to playtest one, and it's the first time a newly manufactured console has the chance of making me take some of my old ones off the shelf.

#79 9 years ago

Reading this thread makes my thumbs hurt form years of the intellivision. Guess its time to break out the collection. Now to find someone who wants to loose in sea battle or biplanes.

#80 9 years ago

i don't remember the systems as having wireless controllers. What a nice upgrade.

#81 9 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Man that controller was, and is, terrible. Worse, Atari knew it but the powers to be insisted on getting it out to market immediately instead of fixing it. How stupid! I got one on eBay a few years ago and got a really neat cartridge that has a row of toggle switches. That one cart has virtually every 5200 game...you just move the dip switches to the game you want to play. Neat, but the games are simply inplayable because of the controllers. Still neat to have though.

#82 9 years ago

...and Walmart has those games too. Pretty cool indeed.

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball4life:

...and Walmart has those games too. Pretty cool indeed.

Remember, you can't shop at Wallmart until Jan 2.

Any retailer forcing it's employees to work on frigging Thanksgiving day is being boycotted until after the holidays.

#84 9 years ago
    Quoted from ENDOFLINE:

Remember the aftermarket guides that would clip on those joysticks to force them into 4 way use?

Remember Pac-man being stuck on the corners?

#85 9 years ago

Hell i'd buy the coleco one. Colecovision was the shit back in the day. The rich kids had coleco and everyone else had the 2600.

Intellivision was in between atari and coleco.

Not really fair to compare Genesis as it's from the 16 bit era and of course is superior in gameplay and graphics.

I already have the Genesis one. Have never opened it yet as I got it for a present.

#86 9 years ago

I would say Intelivision for a great game lists

Genesis for value.

With all of these lists most of my top titles are not in them.
    So some collectors are safe but for how long.

I spent the last 3 years unloading everything game older than 360. I truly believe emulators, remakes and multi-ports will overpower collectability. To the younger crowd there is no nostalgia so 30 year cycle of collectability. Arcades saw this shift and have not truly returned; systems one by one drop off in value until worth nothing look at Atari. Anyone want a baseball card? How many people still actually collect and restore classic cars? Quantities are down on all of these.

good deal but they will add games and keep repacking it as long as were are rebuying.

#87 9 years ago

these retro systems are cool for the guys that had them 20 years ago but if i purchased for my son turning 12 would he just laugh? those games can not compare to the free ipod games and the 360 games. Wright? or would it be considered a history lesson.

#88 9 years ago

My stepson is 15 and loves retro games like these, which is why I was surprised that he didn't like the first pinball show I took him to.

#89 9 years ago

Still have my Intellivision and Sears consoles. I remember when those games were being phased out, retailers were unloading game cartridges for 99 cents. I went everywhere to try and acquire every cartridge I didn't already have. I use to have epic games of Sea Battle with my brother , and baseball with a good friend. Favorite single player games were Sub Hunt , B-17 bomber, Bomb Squad, Utopia. My wife was the undisputed Burger Time champion. Other titles we liked were Donkey Kong, Bump an' Jump, Snafu, Lock N' Chase, Dungeons and Dragons, the Bi-Plane Air Battle, Tank Battle, Star Strike, Football,Boxing, and a host of others that I can't remember now without digging out the box of cartridges. I remember we wore out the first console and bought a couple of extras when he systems came down in price and were on the way out. We bought one one time when Mattel had a promotion that when you bought a console , you mailed in your proof of purchase and $75 for a 13" color TV. This was I believe in 1979. I remember the TV got delivered late on a Friday afternoon at our old place. I opened the box and the TV was an obvious Japanese name that I had never heard of anywhere in my life. "Who the heck is SAMSUNG ?" , I asked. That TV worked great for years. This thread has made me want to dig that out.

#90 9 years ago
    Quoted from MarcelG:

cant wait for a TI99/44a Flashback...........

My first "computer"! Sat there for hours using the pre-written code books to program games, and then record them onto a cassette tape. Sat next to my 2600, which were the only two machines I owned until 8 bit Nintendo came out.

A Sega Genesis without any Phantasy Star?! Good thing I still have all my carts.

#91 9 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

these retro systems are cool for the guys that had them 20 years ago but if i purchased for my son turning 12 would he just laugh? those games can not compare to the free ipod games and the 360 games. Wright? or would it be considered a history lesson.

My son is 9, He LOVES the 8 bit games, and likes the 2600 games too. The allure in these games is not lost, I think they are just as much fun and challenging to children today as they were to us 20-30 years ago, if they are willing to give them a chance.

#92 9 years ago
    Quoted from LouMatt:

My brother and I used to play that all the time. I can still hear the snake.

That game was the bomb. Sometimes, I think the simpler a game is in design the easier it is to make something addictive. I played advanced dungeons and dragons at my cousins in the early 90s. It was way behind in terms of tech of the other systems out at the time but it did so much with so much less. Here the dragons breathing or the snake always got my blood going. I tried playing it with an emulator but the kicker with a lot of these games is that they are almost unplayable without an intellivision controller. That controller worked but it was right up there in goofiness with the jaguar.

My earliest video game memory was playing a biplane game on the intellivision with my dad. He had beaten me over and over and over. I finally was ahead one game and I thought I had the game bagged and then he beat me but blowing up my plane and hot air balloon in the same pass just before the game ended. Being 6, I cried over losing in such a unlucky sort of way. My dad's response to that was "Jesus likes gracious losers". My reply was "I don't want to be a loser". From then on, it was kind an inhouse joke you would tell someone when they were ungracious over losing a game.

Are these preloaded stand alones or can they take cartridges too?

#93 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Which system has Custard's Revenge?

That game was boycotted and pulled from the market since one scene was raping an Indian women. That's when 2600 had some titles coming out that were "adult" in nature.

I loved my 2600 - best Xmas present EVER. I'll never forget it. I played so many many late nights. My friend one block away had Intellivision and every day after school we'd play after playing sports outside - baseball, football, lock n chase, I remember a skiing game too. What a blast!! Our other friend lived further away and had Colecovision and we'd play that kick ass DK version.

Fast forward to Sega and the Nintendo. The RBI baseball, Tecmo Bowl, Double Dribble and Blades of Steel tournaments were ridiculous!! I remember visiting my older buddy up at NIU where he was champ of the dorm on Double Dribble - bragged and bragged. I said I was really good at it and everyone in the dorm laughed and said take him on for a small wager. So we did. OMG did I wipe the floor with his ass. The dorm room was filled with like 10 people and others in the hall watching me just annihilate him. I remember standing up and saying "How bad must the rest of you be if he is the champion?". We partied epically after that.

So many memories with those consoles.

#94 9 years ago

Walmart sells these and the rumor is they will be $25 on Black Friday.

#95 9 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

My stepson is 15 and loves retro games like these, which is why I was surprised that he didn't like the first pinball show I took him to.

I can't get my daughter into pinball, but she will sit at a mame machine all day playing old school games.

#96 9 years ago
    Quoted from foxtj24:

Walmart sells these and the rumor is they will be $25 on Black Friday.

Quoted from vid1900:

Remember, you can't shop at Wallmart until Jan 2.

Any retailer forcing it's employees to work on frigging Thanksgiving day is being boycotted until after the holidays.

I don't see them in the ad anyway.

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ads/walmart/black-friday/walmart-black-friday-ad.php

#97 9 years ago

My cousin just brought me is original Coleco Vision. Some games still have the boxes. I really don't know how much it's worth. He's got around 10 games with it and even some of the overlays that went on the handheld joysticks for baseball and boxing. Games like Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Looping, Zaxxon etc.. He wants me to sell them...Anybody have a clue?

#98 9 years ago

They need one for Nintendo so I can play my Tecmo Bowl and Ice Hockey or Castlevania without the games freezing on the originals systems I have. I get pissed when this happens when I decide to play them today. Has the reason ever been explained as to why some of the old games no longer work in Nintendo and blowing inside them does not work like it use to on saving a game to play. Tecmo super Bowl needs to come out on one of the new systems so we can play others online.

#99 9 years ago

LOL. Heck, I'm still waiting for a newer better version of "Leisure Suit Larry" to come out in color instead of monochrome.

Steve

#100 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

My cousin just brought me is original Coleco Vision. Some games still have the boxes. I really don't know how much it's worth. He's got around 10 games with it and even some of the overlays that went on the handheld joysticks for baseball and boxing. Games like Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Junior, Looping, Zaxxon etc.. He wants me to sell them...Anybody have a clue?

Talk to goatdan, this is his line of expertise.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/intellivision-colecovision-genesis-flashbacks-40/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.