9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by jalpert
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Do you buy insurance when buying NIB? Does it come with any?

Do you buy insurance when shipping with STI / NAVL / Michelle? Should you? What is the approximate cost?

Anyone successfully submit a claim for damage?

Anyone buy insurance and it ultimately was a waste of money because it somehow did not pay on your damage?

#2 9 years ago

Insurance COmpaNies are your friend, until something goes wrong. Ask yourself why the insurance companies have a crew of employees titled "Adjusters".

#3 9 years ago

Your homeowners insurance should cover the pin. I talked to Statefarm about this the other day. As long as you have a receipt, they'll cover the value (minus the deductible). Also, if you take out a personal article policy on it and have it appraised, they'll cover the full value with NO deductible.

Call your homeowners/renters insurance and talk to them about it.

#4 9 years ago

I'm meant more as to insurance to cover the machine during its shipping. What happens if it gets damaged by the shipping company. Not worried about it once it gets to my house.

#5 9 years ago

I know it covers it if the truck is in an accident, your pin is stolen, or damaged by weather. Damage from mishandling/packing is probably something that a personal articles policy would cover...Accidental damage is covered to my knowledge. I have one on my wife's engagement and wedding ring...If anything were to happen to either for any reason (like if she dropped it down the sink), it would be covered for more than it's worth at this point.

I would definitely call your insurance. They won't know the answer, but have them look into it...Like, politely demand that they do. They'll get you answers.

#6 9 years ago

Many homeowners policies have a limit of $2500 for "electronic devices".

Better call and get it in writing.

Also, most policies exclude "commercial equipment" - so you better explain that it is a commercial pinball machine.

#7 9 years ago

I usually get it when shipping games. They are very difficult to deal with if you ever need to. Same as any insurance.

#8 9 years ago

navl covers up to$1500. with out adding coverage and they only cover repairing the pin anyway

#9 9 years ago

I never ship without it and always try to insist the buyer do the same when I'm selling a pin. I've only ever had an issue one time, but NAVL (Michelle) were responsive and got me a check for the damages in a timely manner. The extra ~$30 or so for a little peace of mind is worth it to me.

#10 9 years ago

If I'm shipping a pin, I won't sell it to someone that won't put out a measly $30 for insurance. The last thing I want is for the person buying the machine to not be happy for any reason, even for reasons outside my control.

NAVL has a reputation for paying up. You can always find people who had their issues, but typically people are satisfied with their insurance.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/insurance-when-buying-a-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.