Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by pinmanic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pop_Thumbs_Up.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Hello everyone! Is there a way to get instant email notification to responses on a thread? The only way I get any email notifications is if I get a PM.

I looked through all of the settings and didn't see anything. I did a search and I got pages of results, but didn't see what I was looking for. Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

I have mine set up to do so through a convoluted method. It would be nice to have the option built in.

Not for the faint of heart:
    * Add topic to favorites
    * RSS2Email running on a Linux box subscribed to the RSS feed and configured to send email via sendmail

#3 10 years ago

herg,

Thanks for the response! That sounds like a PITA and way over my head! LOL

1 week later
    #4 10 years ago

I've thought the same thing since joining PS. Email notifications please!

#5 10 years ago

Yes, this would be nice to have.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from tim_sanderson:

I've thought the same thing since joining PS. Email notifications please!

Not so critical from a thread.Just check in from time to time.

#7 10 years ago

This has been on my "add to the Pinside" wish list for a long time. It's not easy as we will be sending out a boat load more e-mail (and we already sending several thousand e-mails every day) and the server has to be ready for it (which, clearly, it isn't right now).

#8 10 years ago

I just received an e-mail for market watch notification for a pin on my wishlist. This was first time and I cannot recall messing with my settings in last couple weeks. Anyway if it is new-it is a cool feature. Thanks again Robin for all of your devotion. Hope all is well and hope your newborn is doing good(:

#9 10 years ago

I just received an e-mail for market watch notification for a pin on my wishlist. This was first time and I cannot recall messing with my settings in last couple weeks. Anyway if it is new-it is a cool feature. Thanks again Robin for all of your devotion. Hope all is well and hope your newborn is doing good(:

Yes, I got my first email last night....it is a great addition

Pop_Thumbs_Up.jpgPop_Thumbs_Up.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Wow. I can't imagine the number of emails that would go out per day! If we had the option to turn off/on for specific threads, that would cut it down immensely. There's probably not that many threads that I would want to receive emails on.

#11 10 years ago

It would need to be an additional setting on each thread. You'd subscribe to a thread as opposed to adding it to your favorite list. But yes, definitely want to make sure the server is ready for the additional load

4 years later
    #12 6 years ago

My English is not not perfekt
    But as I understand it should be possible to get a email reminder on Threads I want to subscribe.
    Ho do i get email message on Threads which i marked as favourite?
    Thanks in advance for your help

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/instant-email-notification and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.